Intervention

• Please log in to reply

18838 replies to this topic

KangAndKodos

KangAndKodos

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

None of the bottom lines would have mattered anyway, with Sean's dancing geronto-girlfriend supplying him with cars and tacos.

True dat. Which makes me wonder why Sean required HALF of his beautiful but naive daughter's income to stay drunk. Why wasn't SugarMama paying all his expenses? Clearly she had his back regarding taco supply and demand.

I DEMAND to see much more of SugarMama. Those dance moves were spectacular and when she was shrieking at him at the restaurant, her voice sounded like whiskey, cigarettes and sandpaper. She needs her own show.

Sean used to be gorgeous, but he ruined his looks with booze, imo. I couldn't believe it when AngryGaySportsDad said he was only 39. I would have guessed 50 at a mininum (and a shopworn, ragged 50 at that.) His younger brother was smokin'! (I have a thing for those Southie-style Irish boys.)

Hated the Dad and his terrible lisp. LOVED Uncle Biz, who seemed like a good guy. Sean is clearly not long for this world. Which is best for everyone, sad to say. Hope his daughter goes back to school and gets her life on track after he passes, instead of following in his footsteps and drinking to assauge her grief.

Two final nuggets of wisdom from Sean:
A: "I'm the boss of me!" Yes, you are. And what a horrible boss you've been.
B: "I was born to be a star." Good luck with that.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

My DVR cut off the end too but I've gathered that he bailed at the gas station. Did the Intervention van seriously drive him the whole 6 hours back home? If I was the producers I would leave him stranded. I remember the other alcoholic who rode to rehab in her limo tried to bail halfway too - they should have learned from that experience. I understand the deal about the fear of planes though, if that's really true.

audpaud

audpaud

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 5:54 PM

My ears perked up when Seth said something about getting Sean to go wasn't the main thing about the intervention, but just a first step. My Beloved Jeff always seems to be of the philosophy that the goal IS to get them there and the rest will follow, right? The contrasting opinion became even more pertinent after Sean bailed at the halfway point of the drive.

I think Sean should have been allowed to guzzle vodka the whole trip. Or was he?

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

I think Sean should have been allowed to guzzle vodka the whole trip. Or was he?

I wondered that too. Did he just fly the coop because he was going through withdrawals?

Norasuke

Norasuke

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

It looks like tonight's mini-marathon doesn't include any new episodes. Damn.

Huntsy

Huntsy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

It looks like tonight's mini-marathon doesn't include any new episodes. Damn.

I was hoping there was too. I am watching Jimmy which I have never seen before. He is so Gangsta lol

I love Seth, I watched him on the other show so I hope they keep him on.

Jack Kash

Jack Kash

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 11:04 PM

Oh man, i really felt for Sean. I could feel him on the scary religious mom thing...

Ok...so about 3 months back i was on the treadmill at the gym and I had control of the TV and thought.. "Oh, it's 2 p.m. ... i want to watch something serious... oh how about Intervention on A&E? ok." and was treated to an alcoholic who wound up in the hospital and he used foam hand soap to get drunk while he was in scrubs.. and then 4 minutes later vomited nasty green-y foam vomit.. and i was like "Ok.. not workout material.. lets change." I got home only to be bummed out that it wasn;t on my DVR. What was his name? what was his episode? anyone?!

KarimAmir

KarimAmir

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 3:34 AM

Jack Kash, that would be Anthony from Season 6.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

There was never much hope that Kaylene would stay in treatment. No way will her mom and grandmother keep a bottom line. And what was up with the mom? She looked to me like she had meth face. One of the unhealthiest relationships we've seen on this show. I want to take Kaylee away from all that.

Orton

Orton

Fanatic

Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

OK, did we ever learn what happened to Kaylene's mother's face? It looked like she survived a knife attack. The scene where she helps Kaylene jack the 7 year old's pennies was so pathetic it was darkly humorous.

Despite taking advantage of her poor ol granny and poor little sister, I really didn't think she was a hard case and was surprised she wasn't more successful in rehab. She's beautiful, personable and charismatic; I guess she's one of the few addicts I could imagine really doing well in life.

I don't hold out much hope for her given that she was allowed to move back into her mother's house after dropping out of rehab, nor did I think the methadone program was a good sign. Do people generally get clean after programs like that? And they hinted at some underlying depression too. Doubt she's getting help for that.

Wonder when young Kaylee will start acting out to finally get her share of attention?

lola212005

lola212005

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:05 AM

Who knew Jessica Simpson had a long lost, drug addicted twin? Kaylene was the prettiest trailer park flower I've ever seen. There were some snark-worthy moments this episode. From the "I'm addicted to pills!" (cue ridiculous Jessica Simpson-like giggling) to Kaylene's mother telling Kaylene at the intervention: "You could sell ice to an Eskimo." It was all cringe worthy. I did think it was horrible that she stole her little sister's piggy bank money & the mother encouraged it. Also, who lets their 17 year old marry? That's some fucked up parenting.

I also couldn't tell who they were referring to throughout the episode since both sisters were named Kaylee and Kaylene.

ETA: I actually think the mother's facial scars could have been from some type of automobile accident. Or drugs. Or both.

Edited by lola212005, Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:11 AM.

Enero

Enero

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:54 AM

ETA: I actually think the mother's facial scars could have been from some type of automobile accident. Or drugs. Or both.

Yeah a couple of times in the episode I wondered if she was high herself.

Wonder when young Kaylee will start acting out to finally get her share of attention?

Sadly, I don't think there's much hope for Kaylee. I suspect she'll be following the same path as her big sister whom she admires so much come 5-7 years from now. I didn't see anyone in that family with the mind or detemination to stop such a fate for Kaylee. They all seemed to be too bogged down with their own issues or just stuck in denial/enabler mode to help either Kaylee or Kaylene.

Edited by Enero, Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:55 AM.

cynicat x

cynicat x

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:08 AM

Wow, what a family. I fear I have watched too many of the new crop of shows on TLC, Discovery and A&E because all I could think was how this entire family could be the stars of a new reality show. Pill-popping Kaylene and her drug dealing business. The enabling, closeted, drug-taking-meth-faced mom, and chain-smoking granny. I'll leave Kaylee out of it because lord help her, someone needs to get that beautiful child out of there.

Jen1n

Jen1n

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:47 AM

Kaylene had a whole slew of enablers at her disposal- mom, grandmom, the guy who was shooting her up (was that her bf?) and sadly, even her little sister. I couldn't believe the mom was ok with Kaylee emptying out her piggy bank to give to Kaylene. (how much "gas" could she get from what was in there, anyway? - gas in quotes because who knows if that's actually what she wanted it for..)

I'm with everyone else who wants to know what happened to Mom's face.

I thought Kaylene would go nuts when she saw her Dad at the intervention, but I was surprised that they both got so emotional when he was reading his letter.

And, yea, getting married at 16? Great idea.

MauTown

MauTown

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

I thought mom's face looked a bit like MRSA, not sure about the stitches but the hard bumps looked like a staph infection.

Moving on, the mom/daughter relationship was beyond inappropriate with the kissing on the lips, hugging, grabbing, constant "i love you", etc. The mom was in love with Kaylene in the most bizarre way possible. It was so creepy and wrong I really had a hard time watching.

Empress1

Empress1

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

Also, who lets their 17 year old marry? That's some fucked up parenting.

Yeah, Mom said she tried to make up for the abuse, and I think that was just one more way. Thank God they didn't have any kids.

Kaylee is doomed. I hate thinking that, but I do. She's already got that too-mature way about her, the way kids who grow up seeing too much do. (I did laugh when she introduced herself. "My sister named me, I guess because she didn't want our mom to get our names mixed up? I don't know!") Her mom* is ... pretty useless, and seems used to her daughters doing whatever, so I feel pretty confident that Kaylee will start experimenting.

My TiVo cut off - is Kaylene sober? It cut off right after it said she joined a methadone program and moved in with her mom.

*I immediately thought "Is she on meth?" when they showed her.

The saddest thing to me was when she said she was happy that she could walk around chewing gum and not get her "mouth busted," and then the camera held on and she looked unutterably sad.

titch66

titch66

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 10:41 AM

What did I just see? I wonder who called for this intervention.

I got early Anna Nicole Smith (Vicki Lynn Hogan) vibes from Kaylene and the family reminded me of hers as well. She will probably end up the same way. I feel bad for the little girl but it is just the perpetual cycle in such a family and it might be better for her to be in foster care. She is doomed to become the next "best friend" of crazy scarface mama after the first Kaylene's demise.

stretchess

stretchess

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

I was thinking the mom's stitches/cars could be from a dog bite; my boyfriend thought it was cysts that had been removed. Either way, that mom was probably no older than 40 (Dad said they were "young" parents), yet she looked in her 50s. I'd guess Granny was no older than 70 either even though she looked 80+. Sometimes rural, Southern living can make people look much older than they are. I was actually very surprised by how articulate the letters are... this is a bias I guess, but the Southern way of speaking can make people sound uneducated "She don't call me" yet those letters were incredibly well-written.

Kaylene was indeed beautiful and her life has indeed been fucked up since a young age -- abuse at home, married at 17, mother who overcompensates. It's not a good scene, and I suspect she's yet another addict who has no educational or vocational skills or goals. She'll go back to her small town scene, with nothing to do and be using faster than we can see Boo. I worked with several clients who would gain trust at the methadone clinic until they got take-homes then sold the take-homes for money to buy drugs. I could see this in Kaylene's future given her ability to sell "ice to an eskeemo."

Donna was the best this episode than ever before. Everything she said made sense and she STAYED CALM. Kaylene didn't run and Donna's message seemed to be more about getting Kaylene the help she needed, than on feeding her own ego. I wonder if TPTB reined her in a bit. My BF and I are always surprised when they send her to work with rural white families (especially in the South) given that racism still exists in many of those places which could certainly impact the outcome of the intervention.

Edited by stretchess, Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:00 PM.

Indy1

Indy1

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

My heart totally broke for little Kaylee. Such a sweet child (I loved her comment on how she and Kaylene have such similar names, about their parents getting their names confused) but if her family situation doesn't change drastically, we'll be watching her intervention in 10 years.

raiderred

raiderred

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Did anyone else think that maybe Kaylee was Kaylene's daughter and the family decided to do a cover up? Kaylene was 14, old enough to have a baby(sad but true) and that is around the time she started to smoke weed and use other drugs.
I immediately thought the mom was a methhead. We needed a lot more explanation on that face.

Fabricationary

Fabricationary

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Did anyone else think that maybe Kaylee was Kaylene's daughter and the family decided to do a cover up? Kaylene was 14, old enough to have a baby(sad but true) and that is around the time she started to smoke weed and use other drugs.

I kind of thought so too. Kaylene seemed very attached to her, more than a older sister might be attached to a new baby 14 years her junior.

My TiVo cut off - is Kaylene sober? It cut off right after it said she joined a methadone program and moved in with her mom.

The following BSOJ said that Kaylene talks to her dad twice a week and has not abused prescription drugs since the intervention. (Although I question the latter statement. I don't think Kaylene hit rock bottom, and leaving treatment after only 9 days doesn't really inspire confidence that the addict is motivated enough to change their ways.)

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Did anyone else think that maybe Kaylee was Kaylene's daughter and the family decided to do a cover up?

That certainly crossed my mind.

Lutherville

Lutherville

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 2:20 PM

who amongst us wonders if Kaylene is Kaylee's mother & Kaylene's father fathered Kaylee...?

raiderred

raiderred

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

who amongst us wonders if Kaylene is Kaylee's mother & Kaylene's father fathered Kaylee...?

Sadly I did think this, too. Being from the south, none of these scenarios surprise me. I have a neighbor down the road and his father is also his grandfather...yep, YIKES! Of course, I am in East Texas and inbreeding is VERRRRY prevelant out this way. BTW, my family is from north central Texas, so I can't claim to being an "East Texan". LOL My brother lives in North Carolina and he says that those folks are no different than folks from East Texas, Louisiana, basically deep South.

Toaster Strudel

Toaster Strudel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

Wow. Kelly the father, Kaylene the daughter... and now Kaylee?

Kaylene really loved getting high and she saw nothing wrong with it. I don't believe the BSOJ. Nine days of rehab, and she's clean and on methadone? No way. They're just covering up that she's back on the dope because they don't want her to get arrested for dealing drugs, and they don't want CPS to take Kaylee away. She couldn't wait to turn 18 to marry an abuser like her father. Not a smart girl. What has she got to go to if sober? She has nothing.

Kaylene isn't long for this world, partly because of her spineless, screwed up enablers.

Count me in as another one who was creeped out by the mother/daughter lip kissing.

I thought Kaylene's mother's face was mangled by beatings.

Edited by Toaster Strudel, Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:10 PM.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 4:44 PM

Kaylene really loved getting high and she saw nothing wrong with it. I don't believe the BSOJ. Nine days of rehab, and she's clean and on methadone? No way. They're just covering up that she's back on the dope because they don't want her to get arrested for dealing drugs, and they don't want CPS to take Kaylee away.

That's a good observation on that total eye-roller of a BSOJ. Of course she's back on pills -- pills and methadone now. She also had no job prospects so I don't think dealing is out of the question here since Kaylee's piggy bank surely isn't overflowing with $100 bills.

And it enrages me not only that Kaylene's mother has another baby with an abusive prick, but also that, ultimately, he left her. Why didn't she up and leave him before making another child he could torture?

bestimw

bestimw

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

I immediately thought the mom was a methhead.

So did I, raiderred. Not only the obvious scar on her right cheek, but her left jaw looked like scratches or picking in various states of healing as the episode progressed. It made me think, "Uh huh, meth."

And at the end she said something like, "I'm gonna clean up too."

Fabricationary

Fabricationary

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Oh dear, that thought hadn't crossed my mind yet! In that case, it would not be technically incorrect to call Kaylee and Kaylene sisters.

Katgrrl

Katgrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:44 PM

In the family pictures from when she was about 14, Kaylene seemed overweight for a time and then was back to being thinner. Even when she was doing coke according to her TH's the pictures shown to correlate to that time period showed a chubbier girl. Granted, most of us gain some weight and then hit puberty and grow out of it but there was just something in the way that she was so attached to Kaylee, to the point of tears when speaking about her that just set off the alarm bells. Her mother doesn't display any of the attachment to Kaylee that she does to Kaylene, going so far as to rob her youngest of her piggy bank money so that Kaylene can get high. That is not what a parent should do, ever.

As for her face, I was transfixed by the various stages of healing throughout the episode. She had a bandage on at one point, a more angry looking line, bumps that looked like cysts, some of it looked like a staph infection...it was just so off-putting. Mom has some serious issues, smoking meth probably being the most serious just above an unhealthy attachment to her daughter.

Kaylene loves to get high, period. There is nothing in her that wants to stop, she's got her family's blessing and a home to come home to so what's stopping her from using? Certainly no one in that fucked up family. It's a pity because she seems like such a personable young woman who could have had a great future, not to mention how beautiful she is. She's overdosed and said if she's still breathing don't call 911. At some point she's going to be in someone's car, gets shot up, od's and tossed out like garbage.

ETA: Donna was shockingly appropriate this intervention. I have to wonder if production took issue with her aggressive approach and asked her to tone it down or just explained the flies and honey thing that most of us learn when we're children.

Edited by Katgrrl, Mar 27, 2012 @ 6:46 PM.

BajeGirl

BajeGirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 27, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

I know this was a new episode but I wondered for a while if I hadn't seen it before because the two aunts and one of the cousins looked so familiar. Maybe they had another family member on Intervention before or maybe I have watched one too many of these shows and it's all blending together.

I felt really bad for little Kaylee especially when they were raiding her piggybank. Poor kid is doomed unless she is rescued from that mess.