Glark

Posted Feb 17, 2005 @ 11:50 PM

Talky!

Gilmel

Gilmel

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 12:35 AM

Thanks so much for the space, Glark!

I'm now morbidly looking forward to Enterprise being PHed so all of Trek will be in one place.

Glark

Glark

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 12:44 AM

See? Circle of Life.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 1:24 AM

Hmmmm. Shiny. Much thanks Glark.

nqllisi

nqllisi

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 6:28 AM

Snark, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Star Trek forums...

Awesome. Simply awesome.

belsum

belsum

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 9:10 AM

Yay Glark!

thingamajig

thingamajig

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 9:11 AM

Oooh, pretty!

Elenita

Elenita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 10:58 AM

A million thanks, Glark!

Can I just say--it's weird having all this space? I went to the DS9 board earlier to share something, but was so intimidated by all the possibilities that I clicked away as fast as possible. I'm not afraid of starting a new thread, but it's just figuring out what that thread will be that freaks me out.

Infinite Diversity....

Glark

Glark

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 11:03 AM

Yeah, I thought for sure I'd see new threads in the show areas when I logged in today. Boooooo!

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 2:06 PM

I like our new home. It's even better than what I was anticipating. Yay!

areacode212

areacode212

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 8:07 PM

Hello. I was a huge DS9 fan back in the day, but I never posted in the old thread since I hadn't seen any of the episodes since they originally aired. But, it's nice to know that the show has its own forum for when I ever see the shows again. Maybe I'll head over there once I figure out how to get the DVDs for a cheap price.

Elenita

Elenita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 11:39 PM

Welcome, areacode212

Lots of people have been using Netflix instead of feeding the Paramount piggy bank. Maybe that'll work for you?

Edit: And if it doesn't--come talk anyway! All of us here are a friendly bunch, and we can always fill in any details you may have forgotten.

Edited by Elenita, Feb 18, 2005 @ 11:43 PM.

chancellorjake

chancellorjake

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 3:10 AM

Yea Glark!

Thank You.

This is the best birthday day present I have ever received; and I am still three months away from the big 25.

So much room to spread out, relax, and talk a spell.

Wow...So Happy!

Dane

Dane

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 9:47 AM

Happy upcoming, Chances.

I f'love the new forums. It's so nice and roomy here! Thanks, Glark. This is a cool thing you did for us.

areacode212

areacode212

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 10:07 AM

Elenita--thanks and yeah, good idea. I think I just might go that route...once I'm done with all the TV-on-DVD that I already own, heh.

Elenita

Elenita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 12:09 PM

Hee, f'love. That's great. I'm going to have to work that into my personal lexicon. Thanks, Dane.

And no problem, areacode212. It's always great to welcome another Niner.

Isaboe

Isaboe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 6:39 PM

*Looks around, kicks the tires* Ok, this should do. Other than Enterprise at the moment I have DS9 from Netflix too. I just added the second season discs to the list. Should start getting them soon.

jazmyne

jazmyne

Stalker

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 11:13 PM

*Looks around, waves nervously*
Hi all! I'm jazmyne, and I'm married to a much bigger Star Trek fan than I ever was. I watched a few episodes back when I was a teenage girl with a crush on Wil Wheaton, which I know = Evil in some Star Trek circles, at least, according to my husband and his best friend. One of the most painful conversations of our marriage:

(We have just exited the theater, after seeing Nemesis)
Him: Did you like it?
Me: Yeah, I did. And Wesley was in it!
Him: Yeah.....
Me: Why do you hate him?
Him: He's just...it's just...
Me: Wait a second...is he the Scrappy?
Him: Yes, that's exactly it.

I'm currently watching the reruns of TNG on Spike, and now that I'm not 16 and blinded by my hormonal obsession with the shape of Wil Wheaton's mouth, I can admit that Wesley is quite a Mary Sue, and thanks to Netflix I've seen most of the movies and I'm watching the Original Series. I named my new computer Data, because you can open up the side to get into it, just like Data's head.

So, while I've never hung out in the Star Trek threads before, the big new space was too tempting to ignore, and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Dane

Dane

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 11:35 PM

Awww, hi jazmyne, and welcome aboard! You're in good company; these are some of the nicest people online.

And thanks, Elenita. :)

MeerkatNotMink

MeerkatNotMink

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 11:54 PM

Wow, all these new threads - it's so exciting!

Nur

Nur

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 20, 2005 @ 2:53 AM

VERY glad to see the new area!

Long time lurker here and DS9 fan. I've just been buried for days on end trying to catch up with the entire DS9 thread before poking my head in.

Course now it's like a topic buffet around here...

Elenita

Elenita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2005 @ 12:43 PM

Welcome to jazmyne and Nur. Great to have you here.

And yeah--I'm shocked that DS9 already has more than a page worth of topics. I know I created some of them, but still...

frenchtoast

frenchtoast

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2005 @ 5:03 PM

Wow, this is so great! Thanks, Glark! All this room, all this Trek, it's a beautiful thing.

Now, if it would not snow tomorrow so the plumber can come so I can take a shower, it would be even better.

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2005 @ 5:11 PM

Fingers crossed for you frenchtoast! It's snowing here at the moment, and there's more forecast this week. We're expecting about 5cm on the low ground, where I am, and that's easily enough for everything to grind to a halt. And, the last two Mondays at work we've had no heating, so I'm hoping someone's got their act together for tomorrow morning.

ETA: welcome to jazmyne and Nur!

Edited by EnglishMuffin, Feb 20, 2005 @ 5:14 PM.

lorien829

lorien829

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2005 @ 8:02 PM

Look at the pretty new forum! I feel like my voice should be echoing or something. Hey, everybody!

jazmyne

jazmyne

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2005 @ 10:34 PM

Ohh, I can sympathise, frenchtoast. We had one of those "worst snow storms since 19whatever!" at the beginning of January, and I nearly went nuts with claustrophobia due to the inability to get out of my own driveway. There are still four-foot piles of snow in my yard, and we've had 40-50 degree weather for two weeks.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!
I've cleaned everything else off of my TiVo, so tomorrow will be a TNG marathon. In theory, I'll be doing other things too. In reality, probably not.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2005 @ 9:06 AM

Help! I accidentally formatted my computer's DVD drive so it only plays region 1 discs.I'm looking for a free program that'll unlock my DVD drive again. I don't want to rip stuff to the HD, burn to another DVD, anything like that. Nothing illegal. I just want to be able to watch my stuff, where and when I want. Does anyone know of a program to do this?

I've seen a couple of programs that give you a free sample of this, but they expired and I don't want to have to buy the full versions.

Thanks!

Elenita

Elenita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2005 @ 9:29 AM

I don't know of any programs that can do that off the top of my head, but I'll keep an eye out for you. Do you use Windows?

Edited by Elenita, Feb 21, 2005 @ 9:30 AM.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2005 @ 10:18 AM

Yep, XP.

Elenita

Elenita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2005 @ 10:59 AM

FoolishWanderer, this may not exactly what you're looking for, but I found this tidbit while wandering around Boing Boing

But what happens when you take your laptop from New York to London? You're in Region 2, but you bought your device in Region 1. Can you buy a disc in London and play it on your computer?

Yes and no. When a computer manufacturer gets a DVD-decoding license from Hollywood's licensing cartel (the DVD Copy Control Association or CCA), it is allowed to make players that can change regions up to five times.

What's more, once the region-switches have run out, computer companies can reset your counter at a service depot a further five times.

I'll keep looking out for software, but worst comes to worst--maybe you can have a service center reset the firmware for you?