The Apprentice Sugar-Style (UK)

• Please log in to reply

2157 replies to this topic

Kikishua

Kikishua

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2005 @ 6:35 PM

Episode 11 - the interviews.

One surprise firing, one long-overdue firing.

James - "If he hadn't applied for this show, he'd have applied for Blind Date" - WHAT? They really thought he just wanted to be on tv? Has cunning editing hidden this trait from the viewers, because that wasn't the vibe I was getting at all! His interviews were smooth, maybe a bit too much surface and not enough depth, but it was the same likeable, genial James from the tasks - no flimflam management speak.

Paul - "I thought it was boring". Anyone who treats a formal interview process as if it's beneath them can't expect to make a good impression. I felt he seemed aggressive in a get-your-retaliation-in-first sort of way, as if he was constantly on the defensive. If it's true that no one who knows him finds him aggressive, I suspect maybe they're too scared to! His attitude in the boardroom with Sir Alan was typical of his task performances so far.

Tim - came over as the straight talking, sensible, calm person we'd seen through the various tests. I thought his interviews had the edge over James, with a deeper level of sincerity and personal insight - he really rang true. I thought his discussion with the interviewer about that process being a battle [wish I could remember the exact words] was exceptionally good - he changed what initially seemed like a bad slip of the tongue into a well-reasoned and honest response. I hope his mild mannered approach leading a team dooesn't backfire on him the way Kwame's did in the finale of the first USA series.

Saira - demonstrated a few worried/nervous body language giveaways during the interview process. She digs herself great big holes then doesn't always talk her way out of them as effectively as she could. I thought she would have been more successful in replying to the question about lying on her cv if she had been more honest - there was a good answer available but suffocated under bluster! [and somehow when she says "Sir Alan" it sounds as if she's sucking up - but I can't work out what it is about her delivery of the words that gives me that impression].

I can honestly say that though the whole series I have never got a clear idea of exactly what Sir Alan expects from his "appentice"...

Edited by Kikishua, Apr 27, 2005 @ 6:36 PM.

corgi-ears

corgi-ears

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2005 @ 10:18 PM

"If he hadn't applied for this show, he'd have applied for Blind Date" - WHAT?

Ah, yes, the TV Show Blind Date...With Me. It's a good one.

Oh, James. How I'll miss you.

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2005 @ 3:23 AM

I can honestly say that though the whole series I have never got a clear idea of exactly what Sir Alan expects from his "appentice"...

I missed the first couple of episodes, so I thought maybe I'd missed some explanation, but it's not really clear to me either what the winner will actually do. And after having read this interview with Sir Alan, I'm not sure why on earth anyone would want to work for him.

I really wanted James to win, purely because he seemed to be the only person there (with the possible exception of Miriam) that you could actually have a normal conversation with. The others all seem so aggressive and defensive, which came across very much in their interviews - even Tim, I thought, seemed defensive - whereas James seemed very relaxed. I get the impression, although I may be totally wrong, that all the others are dealing with inferiority complexes of varying sizes, needing to prove something to themselves, whereas James comes across as relaxed and confident.

But the problem with James is exactly what they all said last night: why would someone so successful want to take a pay cut and a step down, or at least sideways, in his career? Why would this job be so special for him? For, say, Tim, the job would be something he would never otherwise have a chance to go for, and he could learn from Sir Alan. James is really fully-formed, and I can't see a reason why he can't change his career with no help from Alan Sugar.

(Sidebar - Paul and James are on BBC Breakfast right now, and Paul was just asked what he learnt from the experience. He said, "To be honest, I don't think I learnt a lot, I think other people learnt from me." And there you have the problem with Paul, in a nutshell.)

gyc1

gyc1

Posted Apr 29, 2005 @ 2:56 AM

Also sad that James didn't make the final 2. IMHO he was head and shoulders above the rest. I knew Paul had basically no chance but did he really want to work in a company under someone in the first place? I guess that means I pretty much have to root for Tim over the annoying Saira.

Kikishua

Kikishua

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2005 @ 3:01 PM

Alan Sugar was on Jonathan Ross last night and he said some nice things about Saira, but I don't recall him saying much about Tim. I don't know if that's significnt one way or another though!

I did read a newspaper article where he said he thought he'd made the wrong decision about Miriam. Too right, mate.

corgi-ears

corgi-ears

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2005 @ 10:34 PM

Isn't there a rumor that Alan Sugar ended up hiring four of the contestants and they are currently working for him, although he hasn't actually decided on a winner yet (who will presumably be named in a finale that's either live or filmed way after the series)? It certainly makes winning very important, except for the "very" and the "important" part.

Edited by corgi-ears, Apr 30, 2005 @ 10:34 PM.

modge

modge

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 3, 2005 @ 1:04 PM

corgi-ears I believe that rumour popped up in the Sunday Times newspaper a week or so ago, but I don't recall if it has been (dis)proven. I had heard though that it was the four finalists working for him on a trial basis between the finish of the show and the filming of the finale.

The final is being filmed tonight (Tuesday) to be shown tomorrow. Given that they were advertising for audience members a week or two a go, the chances of the result being kept hidden until 10pm tomorrow are slim to none I say.

gyc1

gyc1

Posted May 5, 2005 @ 7:10 AM

Yay! I'm so happy for Tim. The final task was much more interesting than the U.S. version I thought because the candidates actually had to come up with their own events instead of just running a pre-arranged event. I really thought Sir Alan was going to pick Saira solely because she focused only on making a profit and I thought Tim was totally making it up on the fly about his long term approach to the business.

I still thought that Miriam and James should've been the final two. James was great in diffusing the situation between Paul and Saira. I would probably have fired Saira just because she was dumb enough to pick Paul. I think her pride just got the better of that one and she overestimated her ability to control Paul. Paul however was acting like a complete jackass. Why get so upset over the task? You've already been fired. If you don't like the way you're being managed just sit back and relax. I guess I do have to give him some props for actually giving a damn about the project. If he didn't care he wouldn't have gotten as upset.

Once again Miriam splurges on high-cost high-quality food. I guess that's her biggest weakness but she's a hotel manager so I guess it's natural for her to insist on quality despite the price.

corgi-ears

corgi-ears

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2005 @ 11:56 PM

I'm also happy that Tim...I mean, Saira didn't win.

I think James -- not that I'm still hung up on my imaginary TV boyfriend or anything -- was not big enough of an asshole for Sir Alan. I think back to the celebrity auction episode, in which "You Can't Call Me Al" remarked that James didn't have the killer/"closer" instinct he was looking for. He was totally wrong, of course -- when Raj hemmed and hawed his way around the negotiations with that hypnotist, it was James who stepped in and guided the discussion to a conclusion. What's that if not "closing"? In any case, Sir Alan got it into his head that James wasn't ruthless enough, and, honestly, I'm sort of glad.

Kalahari

Kalahari

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 6, 2005 @ 6:43 AM

I thought the show made it perfectly clear why James wasn't an ideal candidate for Sir Alan.

When the interviewers asked him why he wanted to take a big pay cut to come work for Sir Alan, he didn't give an adequate answer. So they went to Sir Alan and said, look, this guy used to make more than this job pays, so the only conclusion we can draw is that he just wants to be on TV. Hence the comment that he'd be on Blind Date to be on TV. Not exactly fair, I know, but they got the point across.

So then Sir Alan asked him, point blank, why would you want to take such a big pay cut to come work for me? And James said he'd use this job as a "springboard". I think that was a huge mistake, especially after Sir Alan had said repeatedly that this wasn't a game, that he was really looking to hire someone who would be serious about working for him for the long haul. So he told James, he wasn't looking for someone who wanted to use this job as a springboard.

All perfectly clear, and I think it was an excellent decision. Don't get me wrong, I thought James was a great candidate, an excellent individual. I just don't think he was going to take this job and stick with Sir Alan for the long haul. And if he was planning to stick with him, he shouldn't have made that "springboard" comment.

Sir Alan had a similar problem with Paul. But Paul had a much better answer for that particular question. Paul was earning incomes from properties that were running themselves, and he wanted this job to earn even more money. Which is a perfectly acceptable answer: I want to make even more money. Of course, Paul was fired because he finally said he wasn't like Sir Alan. The only reason Sir Alan was keeping him around was that he thought he saw a lot of himself in Paul and wanted to give him more chances.

As for the finale, I was really undecided on who would make the better employee. I liked Tim and Sairah for different reasons. She was definitely abrasive, especially over there in Britain. But she did have some good ideas and could get things done as long as she didn't clash with anyone like she did with Paul.

But Tim had just the perfect answer when after organizing that awesome fashion show, he told Sir Alan how he'd make money off that in the future. That really cinched it for me. When he explained how he would turn a money-losing fashion show like that to make money in the long term, I was really impressed. Whether he could actually do it or not, I don't know, but it was an excellent, well thought-out answer.

Well done Tim. You deserved to be the apprentice.

P.S. Did anyone else notice how much more competent all these potential candidates were compared to the U.S. version? The whole batch, except maybe for Michelle and Adele would make excellent employees I think.

Wry Bread

Wry Bread

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2005 @ 5:35 PM

That was certainly an explosion between Paul and Saira in the finale. Wow. If only the US version had half the cursing... (The make-up scene between the two of them was nice, too, and almost almost made me want Saira to win.)

I thought the funniest part was when Paul was looking for entertainers and Yann Tiersen's Amélie score played in the background. I didn't expect that at all and it amused me very much. "How does he think he's going to make a living from doing that? No wonder he dresses in rags. Really." Oh, Paul.

As for James... I think he should have been in the final two. Pudgy Interview Paul's obvious hardon for Tim hurt James's chance. Tim might be a little naive, but between him and Saira, I'm glad he won.

Edited by Wry Bread, May 7, 2005 @ 5:36 PM.

Smackfu

Smackfu

Posted May 9, 2005 @ 8:55 PM

This show had the best music. They used the themes from "Amelie" and "Thomas Crown Affair" quite a bit, and I own and love both of those soundtracks.

jkk

jkk

Just Tuned In

Posted May 21, 2005 @ 2:03 AM

Oops. Looks like I'm way late in finding this topic. But to answer some of your questions ...

* Lindsay has posted a few messages since her firing was broadcast, to the effect that the financial constraint (the product must retail for under £10) was very high in her priority list but was totally ignored in the final edit. It seems that she held on as long as she could to get confirmation that the robot could be manufactured within the costs, but it never came. It doesn't entirely excuse her ignoring her team & the 2nd focus group. That, and the fact that Adele had said (on camera) she wanted to go home after that task concluded, explains why Lindsay looked so shocked when asked why she shouldn't be fired.

* There's been a lot of discussion about whether the bear costunme in the Harrods task was fair. It turns out that both teams had requested a costume the day before but had been refused, and it was "a combination of chance and persistence" (quote from James' website) that Rosie the Bear's costume turned up. As for the story that Impact were stealing goods that customers had purchased from First Forte and swapping them with their own identical goods ...!

* If you like the fact they get to swear, you should check out Epsiode 5 - the art selling task, repeated from US series 1. As with the US series, they got one or two artists whose work was 'shocking' - in this case, with sexual imagery. There's a rumour that the candidates had an unofficial competition to get the most 'mucky' words into the final edited programme. If this is true, Rachel won.

* Four of them working for Sugar between the filming and the live final -- not quite true. Two of them (Tim & Saira, the finalists) did. Which means SAS' final decision was based on those 7-month trial periods as much as, or more than, on the final riverboat event task.

And the @*!$!!! Sunday Times had better get its facts right next time if it's going to publish photos of the final four a few days before the episode with five candidates left in it .... grrrr.

* Miriam's firing kicked up such a storm in the UK that SAS (Sir Alan Sugar) came up with four different justifications for it in four different newspaper articles! Eventuallly he gave up and just said, "I made a mistake". At least he contacted Miriam herself by email, in the week after her firing was broadcast, to tell her that.

* What Sir Alan expects from his Apprentice - SAS said at the very beginning that he was looking for someone "like himself". His early firing decisions went much as expected, but his later decisions made it look like he was looking for an 'apprentice' in the traditional sense of the word -- someone with potential but not too many well-formed skills. And also, he preferred people from a similar background to himself (a "street smart", basically). This is good news for any young hopefuls who want to apply for the second series (which has been announced), but bad news for anyone with an MBA.

Edited by jkk, May 22, 2005 @ 9:07 AM.

wnyx

wnyx

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 5, 2006 @ 10:12 PM

Will there be another season? Has it been announced?

modge

modge

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 6, 2006 @ 11:52 AM

Good timing wnyx, the new series starts next week I believe. I think I read that there is to be an update on Tim programme too, as well as a sister show on BBC3 throughout the series.

EnglishMuffin

EnglishMuffin

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2006 @ 12:16 PM

From the BBC Press Office:

In at the deep end
How did The Apprentice winner Tim Campbell fare in his first year with Sir Alan Sugar? (A new series of The Apprentice begins on BBC TWO on Wednesday 22 February, when Adrian Chiles also presents The Apprentice – You're Fired! on BBC THREE)
The Apprentice – Tim In The Firing Line
Sunday 19 February on BBC TWO

I can't believe it's time for the new series already, but I'm looking forward to it now I know when it's on!

Melk

Melk

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2006 @ 1:04 PM

It's coming back? Excellent. I only really got into it halfway through the first series last year, but I quickly became obsessed. It's actually quite pathetic how happy I was that Tim beat Saira (who judging from what happened next, really was only in it for the celebrity).

angusgreen

angusgreen

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 8, 2006 @ 2:48 PM

...taken from one of Sugar's comments near the end of the first series:

"Sir Alan Sugar watches James on the shopping channel.

James: We're gonna go over to our next product. If I push my fingers down there it's coming back to its original shape here.

Sir Alan: Of course it's coming back to its original shape. It's a lump of bloody foam. That's why. What a lot of b*ll*cks. A lump of bloody foam for £154. I'll tell you what son, if you can sell any of that you're a bloody good salesman, that's all I can say."

http://www.brandrepu...line-bbc-three/

http://www.telegraph.../08/ixcoms.html

http://www.theherald...news/55754.html

http://www.eveningti...ws/5048711.html

http://news.bbc.co.u...ent/4690632.stm

Hope there are no:

- double firings/hirings
- too blatent product promotion
- keeping incompetant people on because they're good TV

Edited by angusgreen, Feb 8, 2006 @ 2:54 PM.

jkk

jkk

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 8, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

UK series 2:

I couldn't tell you about double anythings, although apparently one task will involve being taken to a different country and setting up a service of some kind. The series kicks off on 22 February.

What there will be, according to BBC press releases, is a broadband download service for re-viewing each episode. Check out www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo, as well as the official site, www.bbc.co.uk/apprentice

There'll also be a half hour program every week, called 'You're fired!" on BBC3, one of the BBC's digital channels, where the just-fired (or rather, firing-just-broadcast) candidate gets to sound off in front of a studio audience.

And there's a documentary about the winner of UK Series 1, Tim, on BBC2 on 19 February.

angusgreen

angusgreen

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 12, 2006 @ 5:45 PM

(I found this on another internet forum and I've cut it down to enable it to fit)

Alexa Tilley
Qualifications: BA in Economics
Career: Management Consultant
Home Town: London
Cambridge Emmanuel-educated Alexa is one of the youngest candidates at 28.
An accomplished marathon runner, keen cyclist and captain of her local tennis club she is definitely signed up for the long haul.

Jo Cameron
Qualifications: Masters in Human Resources Management
Career: HR Manager
Home Town: Leamington (born Coventry)
Jo used to stack shelves at Asda whilst at university.
"They used to put me on the heavy aisles, such as dog food and soap powder as I was the youngest and fittest there. I took great pride in getting the washing powder lined up nicely in a row," she says.

Karen Bremner
Qualifications: Dip in Legal Practice and LLB Degree
Career: Lawyer
Home Town: Newbigging, Scotland (born Canada)
As a working mother she says: "There is still a huge prejudice against mothers who want to work. The Government is making all the right moves but until employers see the benefits of working mothers nothing will move on."."

Michelle Dewberry
Qualifications: GCSEs and professional qualifications
Career: Telecoms Consultant
Home Town: London (born Hull)
Michelle has always recognised the value of hard work and used to regularly combine her studies with three jobs in a day during her teenage years, including stints as a check out girl and retail assistant.

Nargis Aga
Qualifications: Honours Degree in Pharmacy
Career: PhD Student
Home Town: London (Born Bangladesh)
Tough talking, single mother, Nargis says that she relished the change from her normal working environment that The Apprentice offered.
Hard-working Nargis once held down two jobs throughout her pregnancy whilst studying pharmacy.

Ruth Badger
Qualifications: seven GCSEs
Career: Sales Manager
Home Town: Wolverhampton

Sharon McAllister
Qualifications: BA in Corporate Communication
Career: Business Lecturer (further ed not university)
Home Town: Stirling
One of three mothers on the show.
In her normal job Sharon says she has a reputation for "delivering the undeliverable" but "gets bored easily and needs challenges".
--
Ansell Henry
Qualifications: Left school at 16 to join Millwall FC
Career: Sales Manager
Home Town: Brighton (born London)
Ansell sees himself as a decision maker, a tough character and a "constant overachiever"
He says that he entered the series "to test myself against the best because I don't have a great educational background."
At 16 he joined Millwall FC where he went from being a schoolboy player to a professional player in four years.
He says his character and experience are more than a match for anyone's academic abilities.

Ben Stanberry
Qualifications: Master's degree in Law
Career: IT Consultant
Home Town: Richmond, Surrey
Ben describes himself as an optimist, having beaten cancer prior to appearing on the show.

Mani Sandler
Qualifications: Bsc in Physics
Career: Management Consultant
Home Town: London (born Leamington Spa)
Confident and temperamental, Mani sees himself as a perfectionist and an "outstanding consultant" and claims the most challenging aspect of The Apprentice is sharing a bedroom with people who snore.

Paul Tulip
Qualifications: Degree in Business and Sport
Career: Head Hunter
Home Town: Leeds
In spite of being one of the youngest apprentices Paul has had a number of jobs and considers himself a versatile character and reckons he is a "natural performer".

Samuel Judah
Qualifications: Degree in Manufacturing Engineering
Career: Product Developer
Home Town: Buckhurst Hill (born London)
Samuel has worked at Ford for 11 years full-time and four years part-time.
He is "a self improvement junkie" and an accomplished martial artist with a black belt in Jujitsu and wing chun.
He says he love "testing myself to breaking point and seeing what happens", in any scenario.

Syed Ahmed
Qualifications: HND in Business and Finance
Career: Entrepreneur
Home Town: London (born Bangladesh)
Supremely confident, Syed is especially proud of his own record in business and when not making money he relaxes by flying planes.
He cites an ability to think on his feet and strong powers of persuasion as two of his primary assets.

Tuan Le
Qualifications: nine GCSEs and two A Levels
Career: Financial Advisor
Home Town: Weston-super-Mare (born Saigon)
Tuan and his family arrived in the UK in 1979 from Vietnam as refugees.
He left education early to earn money to support his parents and has proved very successful in business.
He is a self-confessed "computer nerd" who enjoys cars, bikes and admits to a weakness for expensive watches.
Three years ago Tuan set up Tangent Performance, a car chauffeur service specialising in extreme super-cars such as Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

PaddyofNine

PaddyofNine

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2006 @ 4:11 PM

Watching the candiates introduce themselves. It's funny how many of them are throwing out bullshit like "You don't look a day over 23" and buzz words like "Proactive" and "Dynamic". And Hee! Sir Alan's pretty funny in the dressing down he gave the candidates at the start... "Tossing your hair doesn't impress me". Ha!

Tim got the boot, thank god - simpering twat! Like the way the cameras seem to be picking up on the fact that Jo is a bit of a looney toon as well. Sayd versus Jo - who will be fired next!

Edited by PaddyofNine, Feb 22, 2006 @ 5:05 PM.

RuthBob

RuthBob

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 22, 2006 @ 6:44 PM

Did anybody else watch this? I live about five minutes from Ridley Road - ooh the excitement!

An interesting start to the show I thought. Not sure about the womens methods but they won.

I don't like the woman with the curly hair (Is it Jo?) - I thought she was going to cry in the boardroom! Also, Syed. Arrogant or what? Karen was wearing some sort of bondage type dog collar in the boardroom too (or was that just me?!)

My favourite bit though had to be "The A Team". Absolute classic.

Still loving Sir Alan.

ETA: Now copied to other forum. Thanks for that.

Edited by RuthBob, Feb 23, 2006 @ 3:01 AM.

jo_tornblade

jo_tornblade

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2006 @ 11:46 PM

Just fyi, there's an existing forum for this under the competitive reality shows:

http://forums.televi...view=getnewpost

RuthBob

RuthBob

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 3:00 AM

Copied over from The Apprentice forum.

Did anybody else watch this? I live about five minutes from Ridley Road - ooh the excitement!

An interesting start to the show I thought. Not sure about the womens methods but they won.

I don't like the woman with the curly hair (Is it Jo?) - I thought she was going to cry in the boardroom! Also, Syed. Arrogant or what? Karen was wearing some sort of bondage type dog collar in the boardroom too (or was that just me?!)

My favourite bit though had to be "The A Team". Absolute classic.

Still loving Sir Alan.

ShoeIn

ShoeIn

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 6:13 AM

I loved it again. It was weird to me how similar Syed was to Paul of last year, both higly abrasive, and arrogant, but good salesmen. In the end, Sir Alan kept Paul on for so long last year because he reminded him of himself, and I think we may see Syed stay for a while longer.

The A-Team was gold, but when Ben was taking the piss out of the name, Syed was giving them a death-glare. I liked him, but I did love Paul last time. They make for good TV.

New!Paul was pretty amazing in getting upwards of £2.50 for a single apple.

Sir Alan and his aides are still good fun.

Edited because Tim is not the same word as Ben

Edited by ShoeIn, Feb 23, 2006 @ 1:40 PM.

angusgreen

angusgreen

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 6:41 AM

Just fyi, there's an existing forum for this under the competitive reality shows:

http://forums.televi...view=getnewpost

Yeah but it makes more sense for fans of the US Apprentice to discuss it here rather having to search through hundreds of other shows. There's no reason really why there can't be two forums.

I found a good episode summary from another forum

Seven men and seven women assemble (as per last time). Alan Sugar gives his usual lecture about not using your sexuality and not messing about - which the women then completely ignore. The first tasks is to buy fruit and veg from a market and then sell it in the borough of Hackney. The men negotiate a sizable discount on the price through buying in bulk (although they spend around £300) while the women use their 'charm' and flirting to get two truck sized loads for £40. The men make the strategic mistake of trying to sell on a stall for most of the time (and those in charge of the stall don't know the difference between pounds and kilos) while the women split their time and resources between the stall and door to door sales (again using flirting and 'charm'). The men then try to use door to door sales in the last hour (managing to sell an apple for £5). The women turn their £500 into £1100 while the men turn their £500 into £750. However, Sugar is not best pleased by the tactics the women use to get the cheap goods (and he's not happy with the quality of goods that they sold). He nearly decided to award the men the win but decided to deduct £260 from the women's total which mean that they still win. The project manager Ben is fired.

Another recap from the Guardian

http://www.guardian....1715746,00.html

Article about Sugar and sexuality (imagine how he'd have reacted to Ivana).

http://www.guardian....1714203,00.html

itombomb

itombomb

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 7:38 AM

That one woman is the most annoying person I have ever seen in a TV show. The trail for next week makes her look even worse.

mrsmiggins

mrsmiggins

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 7:38 AM

So happy this show's back. I've missed "tough and uncompromising" Sir Alan.

I really liked the fact that the women sorted out their name in 2 minutes, got down to business and seemed to work very well as a team. That's the first time I've seen that in an US or UK Apprentice - usually the women's team are at each others throats from the first hair-toss. The strategy of selling free dodgy fruit was a bit dubious but even so they walked away with the first challenge and the fruit sellers didn't seem to be particularly put out.

I'm glad Tim went as well: he seemed quite sweet but completely prissy. He looked like a disapproving grandmother on hearing about the girls' strategy.

Jo is nerve-gratingly awful. What's with all the manic jumping up and down? She was dissolving in the boardroom and she wasn't even in the line of fire. Can't wait to see what happens when she is.

"The A-Team" was hilarious. Syed's the perfect combination of arrogance and total lack of irony. He's so going to mix it up this season.

Edited by mrsmiggins, Feb 23, 2006 @ 7:41 AM.

SpanktheBejesus

SpanktheBejesus

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 10:51 AM

"The A-Team" was hilarious. Syed's the perfect combination of arrogance and total lack of irony. He's so going to mix it up this season.

I really couldnt stand him, and he just kept going on about the A Team. I wonder if he has a "i am beautiful and worth it" tape he plays when he goes to sleep!

I would have fired his ass!!!

Laserbeak

Laserbeak

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 11:46 AM

Are any of you really paying attention? For starters, Tim was the guy who won it last year (remember?). Ben was the guy who got fired.

It is rather sad that the oldest woman is by far the best looker.

There is also a spoiler in one of the trailers (it shows a final boardroom with a mixed team!). So, I already know who DOESN'T leave in the coming month or so.

Anyway, I like Paul the best at this moment (which is rather ironic considering last series).

Edited by Laserbeak, Feb 23, 2006 @ 11:49 AM.