The Obligatory Fanfic Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

325 replies to this topic

Lila

Lila

Posted Feb 9, 2005 @ 11:41 PM

On occasion I can feel a semblance of guilt, here is a topic for linking to and discussing fanfic. I have an extremely low opinion of the stuff, so this is an experiment. If craziness ensues, I will count this as an experiment that failed, and close the topic.

If the story contains spoilers for episodes that haven't aired in North America, it would be nice if you could say so clearly. But caveat lector -- I'm not going to edit posts to add warnings if they aren't provided.

Posters are not obliged to restrict themselves to positive comments. So if you're feeling sensitive, this might not be the best place to promote yourself. That said, personal attacks against particular authors aren't acceptable.

Kalbear

Kalbear

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2005 @ 1:26 AM

heh. let the reader beware. Nice.

timbo1072

timbo1072

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 11, 2005 @ 7:08 PM

BSG 2003 Fanfic Archive

<Raises Hand at fanfic addicts annon> I'm addicted to fanfic (free reading material expanding on story universes I enjoy? Priceless!). This seems to have the most BSG fanfic and is updated regularly. Read at your own risk!

alliterator

alliterator

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2005 @ 11:21 PM

Oh, Strega. You know you love Angel/Wesley BDSM fanfic. Or so Johanna says!

And didn't you write a Babylon 5/Buffy crossover?

To keep this post on-topic: here's fanfiction.net's sections for the original BSG fanfic and new BSG fanfic.

Edited by alliterator, Feb 11, 2005 @ 11:23 PM.

feltedtote

feltedtote

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 13, 2005 @ 7:30 AM

And didn't you write a Babylon 5/Buffy crossover?

Strega's author's notes on the above:

And no, I don't consider parodies to be fanfic.

Cleared it up for me!

captain sam

captain sam

Fanatic

• Interests:30 Rock, Alias, Battlestar Galactica, Bones, Blade: The Series, The Cosby Show, CSI, Eureka, Firefly, Friday Night Lights, Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, The Inside, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Ugly Betty, Veronica Mars, Wonderfalls, Xena

Posted Feb 13, 2005 @ 10:11 PM

BSG 1000 at lj.

fenwic

fenwic

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2005 @ 1:48 PM

Tales of the 13th Colony

Heh, that's cool :)

Offering by queenofthorns. Short, PG, Set between 33 and Water.

Everything belongs to the dead.

A thoughtful Apollo piece with sharp characterization and gorgeous details. It's part of the fandom_aid store. (More info on the fandom_aid project here.) Please read and enjoy. Give if you can :)

Hannibal Khan

Hannibal Khan

Fanatic

• Location:Tennessee, in the middle of the godforsaken Red States.

Posted Feb 21, 2005 @ 10:40 AM

GREAT fanfic I just read. It's 7 Points. It's an SG-1/BSG2003 crossover. Basically the Tau'ri have found the fleet. Offer asylum and a planet. And the Cylon's god... is Anubis!

They're written by Chaos Eternus.

Edited by Hannibal Khan, Feb 21, 2005 @ 10:47 AM.

vonnieK

vonnieK

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 25, 2005 @ 12:42 AM

Five Deaths (Laura Roslin) by Rheanna. Best fic I've read in the fandom so far, hands-down. It's a series of what-if stories, a few clearly AU, and the others portraying plausible futures in the show's time-line. The writing is clear and elegant and the stories are terrifically constructed, with great Roslin characterization in every single segment. Impressive stuff.

Edited by vonnieK, Feb 25, 2005 @ 12:50 AM.

Tweeky

Tweeky

Posted Feb 25, 2005 @ 9:56 PM

The BSG2003 fanfic website has several excellent authours in the AU fic section, Dean Thomas, Kevin Hallesy, and Jim Quigely. They deal with surving elements of the colonial fleet that for various reasons didn't meet the Galactica at the Ragnar anchorage, also the authours have collaborated so that they share the same universe. This was established by Dean Thomas and his fanfic deals with how the Pegasus survived the attack and how it fought back against the Cylons(it has eight completed stories so far), I highly recomend that these three authours be read.
As Hannibaal Khan pointed out, Chaos Eternus has some good fanfic(he writes only cross overs). 7 points and its sequel Colonial Thunder are amongst my favourite fics of his, you can also find his works in progress at SpaceBattles.com BB in its fanfic section.

TGC-64

TGC-64

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2005 @ 10:10 PM

Another worth sharing....Galactican Voice by Chaos Eternus

No peeking....

Edited by TGC-64, Mar 24, 2005 @ 10:11 PM.

Irish Wolf

Irish Wolf

Fanatic

• Interests:SF (especially Star Trek and its various incarnations, and the new, good Battlestar Galactica), and Autism Activism (&quot;Aut Disce, Aut Discede&quot;, y'all!).

Posted Mar 27, 2005 @ 12:13 AM

I am officially putting forth a request.

I've been hearing the most recent Flaming Lips album on the radio a lot lately, and after hearing the title track once too often, I now want someone to make a music video for "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Part I", using clips from BSG. Sadly, I lack the talent... :(

meret118

meret118

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2005 @ 2:34 AM

Verse 12
Rating: PG
Summary: Someone else visited Lee in the hangar before the mission during Hand of God.

laurabeth

laurabeth

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 13, 2005 @ 7:42 AM

This is a really great long fanfic from Livejournal land. It's nominally Lee/Kara, but it's mainly gen, and to say too much would be to spoil it. It deals with how the fleet would react to finding out there's an unexpected Cylon in their midst. Great characterisation & writing, particularly Apollo and Baltar. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Author: Rheanna
Title: Twelve
Rating: R
Link: This takes you to the first chapter & the rest come after. She's posted one a day: Chpt 1

Edited by laurabeth, May 13, 2005 @ 7:44 AM.

Mahadevi

Mahadevi

Channel Surfer

Posted May 18, 2005 @ 5:36 AM

Delurking to second laurabeth's recommendation of Twelve. It's a powerful exploration of grief and identity and the characterisation is acutely tuned. Try reading the first chapter again after the plot reveal...

Moya the Leviathan

Moya the Leviathan

Video Archivist

Posted May 29, 2005 @ 11:37 PM

Can someone direct me? I read a fun, adult fanfic where Lee needs to donate a sperm sample and Starbuck helps. I swear I read it at BSG03fanfic, but now I can't find it. It had really great banter.

Mahadevi

Mahadevi

Channel Surfer

Posted May 30, 2005 @ 3:26 AM

Is it Something Pretty by Kate Andrews?

Moya the Leviathan

Moya the Leviathan

Video Archivist

Posted May 31, 2005 @ 12:00 AM

YES!!! Thank you, thank you. A fun PWP

quara33

quara33

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 10, 2005 @ 4:20 PM

Strega...you may never forgive me for this, but apparently someone has actually written a Pirate Ship Galactica fanfic.

Seriously.

There's snark about being 'outside the box', Dualla saying"arrr", Billy hiding in an armoire...and all the genders are switched...

its really kinda scary, but I saw it and thought of your spin-off idea...

You can find it here: Battlestar Galactica: Pirate Vessel

Strega

Strega

Posted Jul 11, 2005 @ 9:42 AM

Yikes!

Raina SaDiablo

Raina SaDiablo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2005 @ 12:42 PM

Hey does anyone know of any Lee/Kara fics with violent frakking? There's prolly hundreds of Lee/Kara fics out there, so I really don't wanna slosh thru them all before finding something nice and kinky. any help would be much appreciated!

thankies

alexandra l

alexandra l

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2005 @ 6:08 PM

Some fanfiction if you still want it:
(I am a real fanfiction junkie. Usually like them sweet and gentle )

This one seems to be pretty violent with the bit of backstory though I am not sure they went all the way (I only read it jumping through the lines)

Untitled draft

And this one seems kinky:Discipline

Fabrisse

Fabrisse

Stalker

• Interests:Heroes, Stargate SG-1, Smallville, Criminal Minds, Eureka, House, Good Eats

Posted Aug 6, 2005 @ 6:47 PM

Is there any Lee/Laura out there?

hakirby

hakirby

Fanatic

• Interests:SF, the paranormal, Bollywood, the outdoors and healthy living

Posted Aug 6, 2005 @ 8:46 PM

Yep, there is Lee/Laura out there. You'll find it at Jennifer-Oksana

She's written tons in other fandoms, but she's just started out in BSG. She did a really good Cally one as well. She does Lee/Laura. Girl needs to be published!

She's not updated her site for a few days, there's 4 new fics up on her mailing list. I'll edit with the link here it be.....JennyOFic

I recommend 24 Hours In the Life, Lee and Laura in the Brig

Edited by hakirby, Aug 7, 2005 @ 11:02 AM.

kookicat

kookicat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 7, 2005 @ 12:33 PM

I have a fic on fanfiction.net

Link is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2513604/1/

Contains some spoilers for the second season.

(I hope that's allowed.)

drgnfille

drgnfille

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 2:41 PM

There's a LiveJournal community which posts BSG vidding - it's pretty interesting. I believe they link with other LJ groups, some of whom make some kick-ass BSG artwork, avatars, and icons.

I used to vid, but haven't had time for it in recent years. Or maybe I stopped because Buffy & Angel went off the air, I don't know...but now that I'm lovin' the BSG, I will probably start vidding again. I'll post something here if I do.

But definitely check out the LJ page.

Irish Wolf

Irish Wolf

Fanatic

• Interests:SF (especially Star Trek and its various incarnations, and the new, good Battlestar Galactica), and Autism Activism (&quot;Aut Disce, Aut Discede&quot;, y'all!).

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 12:40 AM

I still want to see someone use BSG clips to make a video for the Flaming Lips' "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt I"... :)

drgnfille

drgnfille

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 4:34 PM

Irish Wolf: some vidders do take requests - food for thought...

Re: pumpkin. WOW.

Re: icon. *ROFL*

Those are awesome!!

Jacob

Jacob

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 5:30 PM

Bumping to merge into new Arts thread, and then locking.

Sarmoti

Sarmoti

Fanatic

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 5:51 PM

I like this Lee/Kara fan vid set to Stabbing Westward's "What Do I Have to Do." Clips from the mini and S1 only, FYI. There are other BSG vids on the page too.