Notes from America's Next Top Mod…erator

• Please log in to reply

214 replies to this topic

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Feb 8, 2005 @ 12:00 PM

With Season Four starting practically in minutes (March 2!), UPN has released photos and whatnot of the contestants here, and TWoP has opened its S4 forums. So go on and post with your bad selves.

All Season Three episode and contestant threads can now be found in "Past Seasons."

And just so you know, pouring beer in another bitch's weave will get you banned.

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Mar 14, 2005 @ 2:23 PM

We've had a lot of new people come on board recently, so I just wanted to remind everyone to get familiar with the FAQ before posting on the forums. Please save yourself a warning and remember to: use correct capitalization, punctuation and spelling; read back 15 pages or days in a thread; learn how to use quote tags; and avoid double posting. Also, remember that there is a distinction between the spoiler and speculation threads and post accordingly.

And, most importantly, you can be as mean as you want about the folks on ANTM, but be nice to one another. If you disagree with another poster, find a way to be polite and respectful about it, and not dismissive or snitty.

Thank you!

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Mar 23, 2005 @ 10:20 AM

PLEASE spoiler tag any information that comes out of Insider Videos at UPN or other websites prior to the episode airing (unless, of course, you are in the spoiler thread). Not everyone watches these clips on the web, and they sometimes give away big plot points (i.e. Rebecca fainging in episode 4-3). Additionally, if you link to one of these videos, make a note of what it is. Thank you.

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted May 6, 2005 @ 10:32 AM

Please note that there's a new topic in the Past Seasons forum called "ANTM Gossip." This is where folks can ask questions and insiders can share their knowledge about the shady workings of seasons one through three. These discussions have thus far been taking place in the season four spoilers thread, but now all interested parties can be privvy to the info without having the current season's winner spoiled.

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 10:37 AM

All Season 4 stuff has been moved to the Past Seasons forum to make way for Season 5 goodness. Hooray!

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Apr 3, 2006 @ 4:12 PM

Given the abundance of ranking threads, game threads, and other assorted miscellaney that threatened to overtake the General Gabbery, Season 6, and Past Seasons forums, I've created a sub-forum called "The Runway Funway" that will now house all of this kind of stuff. I think I put all of the appropriate threads in there, but if you see something that you think should be moved, let me know. Have fun!

Llese

Llese

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 2:10 PM

Sorry, wrong post. Sorry.

Edited by Llese, May 4, 2006 @ 12:58 AM.

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Jun 3, 2006 @ 3:48 PM

It is my pleasure to inform you that, starting June 6, I will be recapping The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency. Hooray! It airs Tuesday nights at 10 EST on Oxygen. So tune in because you love Janice, or because you hate Janice, and then talk about it on the forums (which should be up soon) because I don't want this one to go on Permanent Hiatus. I can't wait until the first episode!

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Sep 12, 2006 @ 12:20 PM

Season 7 contestant forums now open for business. Have at it.

Wing Chun

Wing Chun

Posted Feb 5, 2007 @ 9:18 AM

I just deleted all the threads for the S8 contestants. Please don't start any new S8 threads until the relevant forum has been created.

Potes

Potes

Network Executive

Posted Feb 8, 2007 @ 1:06 PM

So, the Season 8 forum is now open with contestant threads. Yesterday, the CW web site had a group photo of the models with a link to a preliminary individual profile and photo. Today, I can't find it for the life of me. That web site is whack, yo. In any case, enjoy! The show's premiere is February 28.

plasticfish

plasticfish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 15, 2007 @ 11:26 PM

Potes: really enjoy all the ANTM threads,,, but have you noticed that the word C**T has been used in the last few days' posts? Believe me I'm no prude and it's not a shock thing-- it's more a coarse vibe that's sneaking in on occasion. (Besides being completely derogatory to women.) Calling Renee is C*** does not advance the discussion -- just cheapens.There's a BIG difference between "Renee: Shut. The. Fuck. Up." And degrading her with C**t. I'd put it up with the "N" word, frankly.
Just saying...

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Jul 25, 2007 @ 9:22 PM

Hello all! I'm the new moderator for this section. Don't worry! Potes is still your recapper, and she may even stop in from time to time as a poster; I'm just taking over moderating duties.

Any questions or concerns can be directed to me via PM or by posting in this thread. I'll be checking the boards a few times a day. You probably won't notice a huge difference for the most part, but I just wanted you to know where to direct your questions. Carry on!

shibori

shibori

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2007 @ 9:26 PM

Welcome, TWoP Pembleton! Hopefully Potes' example has taught you how to tell the difference between a mod post with dead eyes and one with passion behind the eyes, and how to make your neck look longer even if you post behind a folder. We like our mods fierce!

ghettoghostman

ghettoghostman

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2007 @ 10:00 AM

Be sure to give us NECK (*extends neck for fierceness effect*), TWoP Pembleton.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 6:48 PM

So are we making the Season 9 thing yet?

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 19, 2007 @ 8:37 PM

I don't get to do that -- have to wait for Glark or Strega to do it. I'll e-mail a nice reminder but in the meantime, just keep using General Gabbery. Once the forum is created, I'll move all the appropriate threads over.

goblyn

goblyn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 8:31 AM

Now that you've closed the anticipation thread, could you (or someone) make a cycle 9 speculation thread? In the past we've had them to talk about general speculation about how the cycle is going (like what future photoshoots will be like, or who's the next to go, or the winner) without having to look at spoilers, and clog up the episode threads....

Edit: Never mind, because now someone made one! Woohoo!

Edited by goblyn, Sep 20, 2007 @ 11:23 AM.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 12:01 PM

Please feel free to start threads on your own! You don't have to wait for me to do it. If it's a duplicate, I'll just close it but I would never warn/ban anyone for starting a thread unless you do it, like, 10 times in a row.

I just moved all the S9 threads into the new S9 forum. Let me know if I missed any, and feel free to start threads for any contestants that don't already have one.

C0mputerGeek

C0mputerGeek

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 12:07 PM

Is there any way you can combine the two J. Alexander threads? There's one thread in General Gabbery and the other thread is is Past Seasons.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 20, 2007 @ 12:16 PM

Done.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Sep 26, 2007 @ 10:12 PM

I'm really sorry about the spoiler that was posted in the wrong thread today. I mean, sorry it didn't get caught earlier -- I had nothing to do with it being posted. I deleted the post and all the follow-up posts to try to get the thread back on track. I hope too many people didn't get the season ruined, if the spoiler was even true. Thanks to Barnes for handling it while I was at my day job.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 5, 2007 @ 12:20 PM

Please be careful when posting spoilers outside of the spoiler threads, even if you are using tags properly. Many times, the context of the sentence gives away what's under the tags, ruining the whole point.

There are very few instances where it's necessary to post a spoiler outside of the spoiler thread, even in tags. Use them judiciously, and be respectful of your fellow posters who may not want to be spoiled.

nicenessness

nicenessness

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 7:30 PM

Can we add the beef with Adrienne and Tyra in the FAQ? Not that I'm complaining, but every few days someone asks why Adrienne's been written out of Top Model History...

Edited by nicenessness, Oct 7, 2007 @ 7:30 PM.

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 7, 2007 @ 8:53 PM

I'll past it on -- I believe the FAQs are on the update list after the redesign is finalized, and usually the recapper is the one to update the FAQ.

Boodelicious

Boodelicious

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 11:44 AM

TWoP Pembleton, this may be out of place but I need to find a way to let Potes know that I am literally crying with laughter as I read her recaps of Season 9. Potes is fierce and fabulous and also hilarious, and I thank you thank you thank you!

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 10, 2007 @ 7:12 PM

Hopefully she will read this, but you can also try to PM her -- not sure if she has PMs turned on or not.

mattu

mattu

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 25, 2007 @ 11:09 AM

The spoiler thread is all not-spoilery.

DigitaleLove

DigitaleLove

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 29, 2007 @ 8:12 AM

Does any fan know when the S9 final show will air ?

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Moderator

Posted Oct 29, 2007 @ 4:09 PM

This isn't really a question for the mod, is it? Anyway, my guess is December 5th unless they take the night before Thanksgiving off or double up to put the finale during November sweeps. Most recent seasons have been 12 episodes.