Season Four Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1201 replies to this topic

Potes

Potes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2005 @ 11:38 AM

Please let one spoiler be, "Jay Manuel gets caught in a combine."

And just as a reminder, take your speculation to the speculation thread, unless it deals directly with spoilers. Thanks!

raal

raal

Posted Feb 18, 2005 @ 11:18 PM

Episode Information:

Air Date: 3/2/05 (WEDNESDAY)
“The Girl Who is a Lady Kat. Reow!”– Supermodel Tyra Banks welcomes a new group of top model wannabes to Los Angeles, where some girls from the past are given a second chance, another finds herself stripping after a game of truth or dare and all of the girls showcase their best runway strut for Tyra, Jay Manuel and J. Alexander, on the premiere of the fourth cycle of AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, Wednesday, March 2 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN.

Meanwhile, one of the girls tries to be the center of attention and stirs up trouble with the rest of the group. After a photo booth test shoot, some girls are sent home and the final 14 participants begin their journey to compete for the title of “America’s Next Top Model.”

eta:
I think we can tell from the commercials currently airing that the "kat" is Tiffany. And I'm assuming it is the "kat" that tries to be the center of attention.

Edited by raal, Feb 19, 2005 @ 2:39 AM.

FranzKafka

FranzKafka

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 2:33 AM

No wasting time with a casting episode, same as Season 2. Great.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 4:09 AM

" What do you mean? It sounds like a casting episode to me. Anyway, sounds interesting. I can't wait for the season to start.

MadreBella

MadreBella

Just Tuned In

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 10:45 AM

The internet would have been a great tool to promote the event, even with such short notice.>

I enjoy the casting episode, but since we KNOW who got on, it's kind of ....

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 11:29 AM

Oh, great, the spoilers tag is up!!!!! Oh BusyBee, come out and plaaaaayyyyyy!?!?!?

Edited by ghettofabman, Feb 19, 2005 @ 11:30 AM.

Tackhead

Tackhead

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2005 @ 1:44 PM

After a photo booth test shoot, some girls are sent home

What, Jay Manuel can't even be bothered to whip out his digital camera for the first elimination this season? Now we're imitating Average Joe 2 with the photo booth-based eliminations?

raal

raal

Posted Feb 23, 2005 @ 12:47 AM

More episode info (ep. 2):

“The Girls Who Hate Their Makeovers”– The finalists are surprised to learn they will be residing in Tyra Banks’ hometown of Los Angeles and are immediately thrown into their first photo shoot modeling as aliens. After receiving dramatic makeovers in a Los Angeles salon, the participants pose topless at a second photo shoot, where the constant complaints of two girls about their new looks leaves Tyra fuming mad, on AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL, Wednesday, March 9 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on UPN.

Also, J. Alexander arrives to take the girls’ weight and measurements, which leaves one competitor stressed out over her recent weight gain. One of the fourteen models is eliminated.

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2005 @ 2:05 AM

immediately thrown into their first photo shoot modeling as aliens

Oh, yay! More stupid clown ho make-up!

the constant complaints of two girls about their new looks leaves Tyra fuming mad

I'm sure these two girls will have every right to be pissy, but don't tread on Tyrant's ego, ladies.

cultureslut

cultureslut

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 23, 2005 @ 3:54 AM

immediately thrown into their first photo shoot modeling as aliens

That will give Lluvy an unfair advantage.

ghettofabman

ghettofabman

Stalker

• Interests:Snark, snark, and more snark....what else were you expecting?!?

Posted Feb 23, 2005 @ 4:38 AM

Word up.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2005 @ 9:28 AM

That will give Lluvy an unfair advantage.

So true! Ha!

But yes, I agree that some of these girls have every right to be upset about their makeovers because some suck, but if it were me, I'd keep it to myself. You're doing a job and if this is how they want you to look then that is how you should look. THEY are giving YOU a chance and hey, you always look better than you looked before.

Anyway, the Cali location sounds hot as does this alien shoot. I really hope they give us more high fashion this season. The girls are perfect for it this go round and I really really hope they get some training there.

Tackhead

Tackhead

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2005 @ 3:05 PM

the constant complaints of two girls about their new looks leaves [sic] Tyra fuming mad ...
Also, J. Alexander arrives to take the girls’ weight and measurements, which leaves one competitor stressed out over her recent weight gain.

Yes, I'm sure that Tyrant is furious about free drama that she doesn't even have to fake up. It's all part of the producerTyrant act, hamsters. Then again, she's so full of herself that she might be serious.

Have they given up on making the hamsters exercise? Usually, it's been the trainers doing the weight honors.

Edited by Tackhead, Feb 23, 2005 @ 3:11 PM.

lindsayr282

lindsayr282

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 10:43 AM

I hope they do more real high fashion. When was the last time you saw an "alien shoot" in Vogue? Come on, Tyrant. This is like return of the disco clown and Japanime shoots from last season (like we needed two of them).

And it's topless. Alien and topless? It could be cool, but when you just hear the words it kind of sounds like a disaster. They also keep getting earlier with the naked shoot, huh? This is the earliest they've had it yet.

Also, in every season someone is unhappy with the makeover. Usually it's someone who's not really justified (a weave getting removed, super long hair cut a little). But you'll notice the dramatic makeover girls don't usually complain--like Yoanna with her "modern mohawk" which was so ugly. I think the people who shoud've complained last year were all the brunettes who "went blond". Talk about inappropriate color for skintone... I mean, shouldn't Tyra know this?

yadayada

yadayada

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 5:38 PM

Thought you guys might be interested in a sneak peak of the first episode.

mysticowl

mysticowl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 6:51 PM

Thought you guys might be interested in a sneak peak of the first episode.

Thanks for the link! Looks like Brandy is this season's Camille. Lluvy (Pronounced yoo-vee, after all) surprised me with the gang revelation, I pegged her as the sweet innocent from her picture. And I liked her too, a lot, but shut up, Jay!

ETA: Oh, and I was surprised that Naima dared to dance. Hasn't she watched the other shows or at least read the recaps? It's not a good thing to be a dancer on this show.

Edited by mysticowl, Feb 24, 2005 @ 8:40 PM.

clamtrafficjam

clamtrafficjam

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 8:05 PM

Curses, that feature is not available for Macintosh users!

I'm going to jump off a bridge now.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 8:16 PM

Brandy: You need a shirt? You should've brought your own!

OMG what a bitch! I think I love her. Also, Naima and Luvvy seemed cool too. Michelle seemed obnoxious and I didn't think it was possible, but she's uglier than in her pictures..

grammarcore

grammarcore

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 8:22 PM

Michelle seemed obnoxious and I didn't think it was possible, but she's uglier than in her pictures.

Agreed. When she came on, I reflexively said "Uggghhh!" She is seriously, seriously nasty.

Naima was quite cute, but for some reason, her voice sounds like...YaYa's. NOOOO!

[small voice] I actually thought Lluvy looked pretty. [/small voice] I think I like her.

And Brandy? No. Maybe have a diva attitude if you're sexy. You? Are not sexy. I'm sorry, but I cannot get into teeth gaps.

raal

raal

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 9:42 PM

I think we can tell from the commercials currently airing that the "kat" is Tiffany.

I guess I was wrong about the "kat."

Thanks for the link, yadayada. Coolness.

Knots Landing

Knots Landing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 11:05 PM

You know, I didn't even mention the cat. Can yall imagine if this...thing...made it to the actual show? Honestly, she looked like she was on crack. WTF was up with her?! I must say, I hope she gets lots and lots of airtime...

Also, I checked my digital cable guide, and it said that past contestants from previous seasons return, so I definitely don't think Tiffany was the only one brought back, but she probably is the only one who made it.

Angry Candy

Angry Candy

Posted Feb 25, 2005 @ 3:41 AM

Can someone please give us pitiful Mac-owners a recap of the preview? Pretty please?

yadayada

yadayada

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2005 @ 1:58 AM

Will try my best.

This tall and skinny black girl named Jessica walks in kind of like she's confident and clueless at the same time. Anyways she has short hair and like all the contestants before her and after her she squeals in delight at seeing Tyrant. Ms. Jay says that she is walking in there likes she's nuts (that comment from one nutzo to another is not really a put down. By the way Ms. Jay is floating chin length hair, that is blow dried straight, more on that later). Jessica nicknames herself as Lady Cat and then does a rowrrrr. Why? Cause she has long finger nails and like to scratch (mean cat, mean cat). Tryant is all like nah man its cause of your eyes which do kind of look cat like. And then she proceeds to walk towards Tyrant and the Js like a cat. No I'm not making this shit up, ass wiggle and all and to top it all off, SHE LICKS HERSELF commenting that she tastes good. Oh Tyra looks heavier and not as skinny as she appears in the recent Vic Secret ads. Me thinks she should have herself checked out for an eating disorder. Anyways Jessica does do a proper walk and when asked how tall she is, she doesn't have an answer and Tyrant stands beside her and proclaims that she is 5'9. Jessica goes all nutzo again and asks if she can touch Tyra and finally walks out with a rowrrrrr. Ty and the Js like her skin. (P.S. no Jessica on the UPN website)

Next up is Sarah, the requisite tom boy entry for this year and growing up she didn't think she was all that pretty. Haven't we heard this shit before? Anyways she didn't develop boobs until she was 16. Does her runway walk in her bra and pantys and it is horrible - hips wiggling everywhere and to mention her thighs are not very toned cause her flesh was flabby (compared to models yes, compared to me, they are fantastic). Janice is going to have fun with her. She leaves, Ty and Js like her curves (read: big hips) and her big personality (read: big hips) and that she's fun (read: you know what they say about those big hipped girls),

Next up is Lluvy who walks in wearing a long black halter top (?) velvet dress that is too big for her. Ty asks if that is her dress and Lluvy says that it is actually her sister's and that she is more of a jeans and tshirt kind of girl. Tyra gives her permission to get back in her regular get up and Lluvy is grateful. Lluvy is this year's Norelle with the big eyes, quirky face and skinny body. I also think she is going to get slammed by the Barney’s dude for wearing too much make up like Yonna did. Anyways she says that she went through every stage possible when she was a kid cause her dad died when she was 3. Tyra brings up that fact that Lluvy (I fucking hate typing this name) did list being a former gang member in her profile. Lluvy gets all teary eyed and replies that she was an angry kid, that she had all this resentment pent up against people. So basically this is an invitation to push her around and not have to worry about revenge cause she’ll take out all that pent up resentment on someone else. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. She interviews that the one thing she remembers clearly is that her dad always wanted her to be a model (when did becoming a doctor or an engineer become so unworthy?). Lluvy does her walk in her bra and pantys and is smoking hot. Tyra thinks she's Greeeeeeeeeeeeatttttttt (watch out Tony the Tiger) and Mr. J just looooVVVVVVVVVVes her.

yadayada

yadayada

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2005 @ 1:59 AM

Next up is this season's fugly entry and her name is Michelle who is wearing a red sphagetti strap tank top and a denim mini skirt. She's from Indiana and sounds like it too. But unlike Jennipher who milked cows, Michelle, get this, wrestles! They show a clip of her getting tossed around the squared circle by another dudette (much to my dismay, neither are covered with KY Jelly). She states that she can do backflips into the ring from the ropes and she wrestles 120 pound women who she can fling around. All this info elicits surprised looks from Tyra and gang. She interviews that she loves wrestling a lot but is willing to sacrifice it for a chance at being a nobody on this show. She does her walk and begins by having to back track cause she lost her shoe which is not even a stiletto. Oh man, I can’t wait to see Janice rip into her.

Next you see a whole bunch of other wannabe nobodies. One girl says she wants to be a motivational speaker but stumbles on all her words. Hee.

Next up is Naima (who kind of looks like J Lo in her younger, non-comestically retouched phase) who opens up by doing a ballet while sporting a mohawk and pasghetti strap tank top and denim mini skirt (a popular choice amongst wannabe). She explains that her parents are musicians and named her after a John Coltrane track. I’ve been looking among my collection and can’t find said track. I think her parents lied to her and were actually on crack when they came up with the name. When asked about her mohawk, she explains that she had long hair and she was carrying stuff with from her childhood and there was craziness in head and how she wanted to become monk (what?) and decided a mohawk was the way to go (I say again what?). So I am guessing chopping off your hair is the newest way to cure schizophrenia. Belleview is sooooo going to be all over that one.

And finally there is Brandy who looks like meaner version of Macy Gray. She is sporting a red afro and tube top dress and not to mention a yoooge (as Trump would say) gap between her front two teeth. She states that she is jealous of Ms. J's hair cause it was bouncing left and right and he (she?) returns the compliment. She confesses that its actually fake and was sewn in by her mom (awww mom). She drawls out that this is her and if others don't like it well then tough noogies. Competition is the biggest word in her head (from the way she speaks, I guessing she ain’t lying) and if anybody needs a shirt well again, tough noogies cause? competition.

And that is all. I meant to do a straight descriptive recap of the clip but it was hard not bring in the subjective. I apologize cause I know it sub par to Potes’ recaps (for whom by the way I have the utmost respect for now cause that recap took forever). Hope the info is descriptive enough.

Edited by yadayada, Feb 26, 2005 @ 2:04 AM.

Angry Candy

Angry Candy

Posted Feb 26, 2005 @ 2:21 PM

I apologize cause I know it sub par to Potes’ recaps (for whom by the way I have the utmost respect for now cause that recap took forever). Hope the info is descriptive enough.

Do not apologize it was excellent! Thank you so much yadayada!

Tackhead

Tackhead

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2005 @ 2:28 PM

Anyways [Sarah] didn't develop boobs until she was 16.

Big deal. I knew at least three chicks in college who didn't develop until they were 22 or 23. They didn't go around mooning, "Poor me!" over it.

Tyra thinks [Lluvy's] Greeeeeeeeeeeeatttttttt (watch out Tony the Tiger) and Mr. J just looooVVVVVVVVVVes her.

Oh, great. Now we'll have to look at her for most of the competition, if Tyrant's her biggest fan.

[Manchelle] states that she can do backflips into the ring from the ropes and she wrestles 120 pound women who she can fling around.

It's pretty cool if she can do a swanton flip like that (reverse swanton?). Most male pro wrestlers don't even do that.

And finally there is Brandy who looks like meaner version of Macy Gray.

I'm scared now. Macy Gray already looks like the sort of crack addict who'd knife you for a dollar towards her next rock.

yadayada

yadayada

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2005 @ 6:59 PM

You are most welcome AngryCandy.

Working of last season's group photospoiler theory, I think I can eliminate quite a few of this season's wannabes. If I remember correctly, all the winners are prominently placed closed to the centre of the shoot.

So here's my take using that theory:

the winner is either Christina, Kahlen or Tatiana. Christina is not looking towards the camera so I think that means she's out cause all the previous winners in the group shots looked like they were looking in our direction. I don't think its Kahlen cause that is not the pose you would like protray as your winner. So that leaves Tatiana. Maybe Potes is right.

Fuck. You know what I realized after all that theorizing is that this photo is taken prior to the makeovers and a winner hasn't even been determined yet. I'll shut up now.

sereion

sereion

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2005 @ 11:14 PM

She explains that her parents are musicians and named her after a John Coltrane track. I’ve been looking among my collection and can’t find said track.

There is a track called "Naima"; that's what she's referring to. In fact, it's one of his classic tunes.

kidcore

kidcore

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2005 @ 12:33 AM

Plus Naima is actually a popular Arabic name.

Amber4481

Amber4481

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2005 @ 1:52 AM

Brandy let her mother sew that shit into her head? Bitch is even crazier than I though.

Edited by Amber4481, Feb 27, 2005 @ 1:52 AM.