Bleach

• Please log in to reply

7011 replies to this topic

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2014 @ 12:52 AM

Yeah, it's refreshing to see the plushies without having to listen to them. Maybe their mod soul batteries ran out.

This week NoseUmi decides that she's gonna fight back, and transforms into a shinigami. Kon gives her his "I'm the Man" Lion cell phone strap. Orihime goes boldly where Julia Child has never gone before. Isshin uses "daughters" and "harem" in the same sentence.

They're letting Orihime cook? Quick, get the stomach pump! Even worse, she's passing her skills on to NoseUmi. Incidentally the stuff she was adding chocolate to is okonomiyaki, a dish that should never have anything to do with chocolate.

It's amazing how many times the other characters on this show have been rescued from dire peril when Uryu "just happened" to be walking by.  I bet he spends at least eight hours a day walking around with a shopping bag waiting for trouble to pop up.

I'm still curious to know whether that's a guitar or a bass propped up against the wall in Ichigo's room. Every now and then it shows up in a shot.

Motivators.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 4:44 AM

Sigh

How many more episodes of this nonsense are left?

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 3:22 PM

How many more episodes of this nonsense are left?

Too many. And the following canon arc, is even worse, IMO. 

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 1:53 AM

Yeah, what Punkinetta said. They really should have gone with my idea for a Ganju & Uryu Odd Couple-type show instead.

In answer to your question; 11 more episodes.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 1:02 AM

NoseUmi wants to fight! No one will let her fight! They're getting their butts kicked! NoseUmi comes to the rescue! It's like NoseUmi the Red Nosed Reindeer or something. Ichigo remembers that he's supposedly running out of spiritual pressure, but that only lasts long enough for him to gasp once. Not!Byakuya puts up a better fight than all of the other Not!Captains put together.

Mysteris

Mysteris

Fanatic

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 4:27 PM

Watching Nozomi run around to different fights and get shot down was kind of funny.

It occurs to me that for a filler arc, both Nozomi and Inaba got some pretty kickass powers for some reason.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2014 @ 4:52 AM

No kidding. NoseUmi is knocking out Not!Captains with just her shikai.

In this episode, Old Yama' shows up at the athletic field that everyone has been tearing up and he sets fire to everything. Some more Not!Captains show up and slow him down for about 10 seconds. Inaba shows up and copies NoseUmi's power, then uses that to absorb Yama' and Ichigo's attacks. Talk about powering up.

I would have liked to see NoseUmi and Ukitake going head to head. It would have been like a ping pong tournament where they take turns throwing the power back and forth.

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2014 @ 11:22 PM

Manga 570

After all these years, will we finally get to see Yachiru in action? Or is this just the set up for the return of Mecha Kenny? 

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 4:11 AM

In this episode: Kageroza reveals that he can even duplicate himself with his power. Kon rocks Kageroza's world...with rocks! It's probably the single most badass moment that he can have while he's stuck in that plush body. Ichigo tries, and fails, to keep NoseUmi from getting taken away.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 4, 2014 @ 3:51 PM

Ugh is this filler garbage STILL on? How much longer before we get to the final arc?

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted Mar 5, 2014 @ 11:10 PM

Manga 571

Yachiru pulls her sword, and it's just as "WTF?!" worthy as you'd imagine. 

iguessnot

iguessnot

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 10:42 PM

Was Kageroza a mod soul the whole time under Captain Mengele without it being known?

Faiyd

Faiyd

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 11, 2014 @ 11:29 PM

Yachiru pulls her sword, and it's just as "WTF?!" worthy as you'd imagine.

Since I've never seen her with her sword I was wondering where she's been hiding it.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 13, 2014 @ 12:09 AM

NoseUmi is captured and needs rescuing. Just like every other arc where someone needs rescuing. Sigh.

Was Kageroza a mod soul the whole time under Captain Mengele without it being known?

Apparently so. Maybe Captain CrazyClown just didn't notice, or he did notice and didn't care.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 10:34 PM

Urahara and his Rain Slicker of Spiritual Pressure Hiding accompany Ichigo to Soul Society, where they plan to use the stuff Ichigo brought back last time to restore his powers. Then they're gonna rescue NoseUmi. Kon tags along too. Unfortunately, the restoring process gets rudely interrupted by an explosion, so Ichigo's powers are "unstable", whatever that means. Later on they get intercepted by some Not!Captains, but the real captains show up too. Gonna be another big ol' battle.

Motivator repost.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2014 @ 3:42 AM

There's some captain fighting and some Ichigo tied to the floor with leather straps. Urahara and Kon visit the Maggot's Nest to see the guy who became Kageroza and NoseUmi, and a fight breaks out with Not!Soifon and Not!Omaeda where Kon gets to help! I like this new useful version of Kon. Ichigo turns into IchiZilla and busts through a wall. And he does not look happy.

Motivator.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 4:19 PM

Hollowfied!Ichigo . . . Ichizilla or Mulletzilla?

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 10:28 PM

Ichizilla is what I've been using.

This episode: Ichizilla rampages a bit, scattering unsuspecting soul reapers around offscreen. Kon gets into the Hidden Lair of Regai Merging while Urahara and his evil twin play with balloons. He manages to reach NoseUmi and start fixing up Ichigo's sample of spiritual pressure, but fails to save NoseUmi from being merged with Kageroza.

The most interesting thing about the episode is that they were using an exercise music version of "On the Precipice of Defeat" during Urahara's balloon making contest.

lathspel

lathspel

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2014 @ 11:53 PM

I wonder how many times we've heard "Now you will experience the true power of my zanpakuto"?

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 2:14 AM

This episode: Ichizilla/Ichigo and all of his pals vs. Kageroza. Ichizilla gets himself impaled protecting Rukia, then de-hollowfies. Uryu hides inside Renji's bankai to unleash a surprise attack. Kon hides inside Not!Nemu to unleash a surprise kick. NoseUmi unleashes some surprise interference from inside Kageroza. It's an entire fight full of inside jobs. Then Ichigo gets his mojo working again. Meanwhile, the captains and lieutenants decide to try teamwork for a change.

Motivator.

Edited by Sandman87, Apr 15, 2014 @ 2:49 AM.

mr.simpatico

mr.simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 1:59 PM

I love how the goal of every almost every villain (canon and filler) the show has is to "destroy the Soul Society" which a) been tried and doesn't work and b)don't you have any higher more important/selfish/more fulfilling goals? I think the reason Aizen is the only villain that worked is because for the most part he had his own agenda of which destroying the Soul Society was just a secondary mission.

Faiyd

Faiyd

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 11:32 PM

Well ever since the second story arc I've thought that the SS was their own worst enemy.  They have a real knack for turning their own into bitter enemies.