Bleach

• Please log in to reply

7011 replies to this topic

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

Two and a half years later, and it's less infuriating, but still so deeply disappointing. How did it all go so wrong?

Well, 'Netta, one morning, after awakening from a nightmare induced by bad sushi and too much Sake, Kubo had this flash of inspiration where
Spoiler
it all started there.

mr.simpatico

mr.simpatico

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

Two and a half years later, and it's less infuriating, but still so deeply disappointing. How did it all go so wrong?

I have a theory that the people who did the Bleach anime were master trolls who deliberately did the worst filler they could. Sometime in some one-off episodes they actually break the 4th wall and have characters mention how insane and illogical the story is. From the Bounts - who's rebellion turned into nothing, to Princess Lampshade to the Zanpakto's Gone Wild story they always ALWAYS end with a whimper with some of the clearly worst derpy animation to boot (some of the still shots from last night's ep. are seriously scary).

So Muramasa turns out to be a woobie who became a giant vagina hollow spitting out Gilligan Menos, Koga turns out to be someone on Aizen's level in a power-up that was clearly pulled out of someone's behind (seriously the guy was a 3rd seat and a Ginrei's son-in-law and seemingly famous and then started a huge rebellion and then disappeared and still Ukitake and Shunsui never HEARD of him?). Even Koga had a point since the way they dealt with him was ridiculous - with his own father-in-law telling him to turn himself in on trumped up charged but neither he nor Yama looking into the soul reapers who set him up and then when he breaks out they bottle him up and Ginrei has his young grandson who's also apparently never HEARD of Koga to deal with him/kill him if the situation arises. And of course all the broken/dead Zans suddenly pop up at the end as if nothing had happened and they hadn't tried to kill their masters, etc. The only way it makes sense is the animators are major trolls and are laughing at the audience.

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

Y'all are funny. I don't know canon, but this episode felt like someone in the kitchen throwing EVERYTHING in. I want Orihime dead, and Muramasa's never ending transformations leave me cold. Was it Rukia who said "this looks bad for Muramasa?" I know the abused spouse scenario is in effect, but this whole thing is lame. Why was Koga calling for Muramasa when he just broke and killed him. I didn't think he knew the dude was still existing by being stubborn.

The reunited zans was comical. They might as well have ended with the Looney Tunes theme song.

InternalParadox

InternalParadox

Couch Potato

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

So, Koga being Byakuya's dad is just my personal headcanon, then? I can live with that! :D

Orihime's become Deanna Troi! In the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Deanna Troi (the empathic counselor of the Enterprise) says something to the effect of "The walls are sad." That line never fails to crack me up. Orihime, in last night's episode, just couldn't stop waxing on about how very sad Muramasa was, and how she tried to save him. You know, the guy who was, until recently, the main villain of the arc. Who, despite being a spirit sword thing destroyed by its own master, refuses to die. Even though said master is dead. Nope, Muramasa's heart will go on, and on, and on, like that Celine Dion song, as he transforms into one nasty thing after another. (He really did look nasty as an arrancar, what with the teeth around his hole...)

Anyway, it's okay now, because all the other spirit-sword-things and their masters have kissed and made up, so everybody's gonna join the fight to put Muramasa down like an unfortunate, loyal, but incredibly rabid and dangerous dog. I'd feel bad, but...nope, whatever, don't feel bad at all.

One positive note: Rukia's zanpaktou is definitely the prettiest one. She's even prettier than Yumachika's peacock themed sword guy, IMHO.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

To be fair, Farpoint Station was built on top of a sentient being so Deanna actually was sensing sadness. Although 'Troi senses danger' did become a rather silly trope as time went on. Anyway, Muramasa's splitting open doesn't look any different than when there's an opening into the world of the living, like when hollows and arrancars invade, or even when Soul Reapers step through. It's not remotely as bad as Torchwood revealing the Earth has two openings that look, well, what does that suggest to you?.

I had to remind myself all this filler is actually supposed to be taking place in the middle of the fight against Aizen and the arrancars.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

Here's what I posted about the episode last time, but rewritten in a style more appropriate to the mid-18th century. Just for fun.

Being episode the 253rd of the Production of Bleach - In this episodic entry, Byakuya trounces Koga even as Muramasa transforms entirely into the semblance of an Arrancar, and proceeds to emulate the "Black Goat of the Woods With a Thousand Young" as described in the literary endeavors of one H. Lovecraft; Orihime is unable to affect the Proceedings to any notable Effect, great though her Compassion may be; Uryu creates a Veritable Fusillade of projectiles, casting them hither and yon; Sado's Efforts lack any great Efficacy. Ichigo strives mightily, performing a Getsuga Tensho and summoning his Vizardly facial covering of a moment, but Events transpire such that the Scenario becomes more Dire rather than less so. And then the Armored Horsemen arrive, but for the fact that the Shinigami truly have no such units within their ranks, so that the Metaphor becomes, in truth, most Inopportune, and the rest is merely a motley Collection of merrily smirking Shinigami and their comrade Swords. I would wager e'en a pounds worth that All and Sundry were biding their time whilst observing the melee, waiting until the Peak of Dramatic Tension had been reached before entering the Conflict to succor those who had received the worst of the bargain.

Of a sudden, an apparition appears worthy of a nightmare evoked by Doctor Mesmer himself! Does not Muramasa appear to be surmounted by some manner of oculus-teat-sphincter Amalgamation? And then the more commonplace Form of a Garganta, appearing much as though the Firmament endeavors to birth a Multiplicity of hollows, gapes most disturbingly, and a great Foreboding comes upon me that forthcoming Events shall include some manner of hollow-producing Male Member. 'Twould be well to retire to the countryside and allow this imagery to recede from my Consciousness. A multiplicity of times, perchance.

'Tis fortunate that Ichigo undertakes to Inform us of Muramasa's Obsession with Koga, doing so most redundantly throughout the course of events. It is certain that we had been unable to derive this fact as of yet.

Orihime: "Muramasa is sad."
Me: "This whole episode is sad."

And speaking of Orihime: When she and Rukia were being attacked by the bargain basement hollows, would it have killed her to have Tsubaki (aka The Bad Attitude Hair-clip Fairy) take out a few of them? She's got at least that much offensive power available.

So, Koga being Byakuya's dad is just my personal headcanon, then?

"New from BlastCo: The Personal Headcanon, the latest in self defense!" I'd buy one.

Why was Koga calling for Muramasa when he just broke and killed him. I didn't think he knew the dude was still existing by being stubborn.

He was hallucinating from the blood loss? Or maybe he could feel Muramasa's spiritual pressure.

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Manga 492

Spoiler

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

Manga 492

I'm just here as a completist. There's no enjoyment or excitement anymore. I just want to see how it ends. Kubo fucked effort three exits back.
Spoiler
the panels have to be comprehensible, and the story MUST MOVE FORWARD! Is that really too much to ask? :/

rimfire

rimfire

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

(seriously the guy was a 3rd seat and a Ginrei's son-in-law and seemingly famous and then started a huge rebellion and then disappeared and still Ukitake and Shunsui never HEARD of him?).

They used that flashlight thing from Men in Black, maybe?

Manga 492: I think I read this. I know I read this. So either I've totally lost my short-term memory or...

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 3:00 AM

It's filler, so once they get back to canon it will never be mentioned again anyway.

Muramasa turned into...a giant pincushion?

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Looks to me like more of a big Anus-Boob, maybe with a side order of Pimple thrown in.

In this episode: The shinigami spend most of the episode demonstrating their pissing and moaning skills. They bitch at each other. They complain about Byakuya. They go "Oh noes! We've spent an entire 5 minutes trying to defeat this new threat, and it's still here!" Soifon decides to actually do something, but Uryu feels obliged to piss her off by pointing out that attacking the Anus-Boob might be a bad idea. Then he attacks it himself.

During all this the menos army is busily wobbling menacingly at everyone. Oh sure, a couple of them toss off a cero when the shinigami make their grand entrance, but they might as well be trees for all the threat they represent. Except for the two in the background of this shot, who appear to be having sex with each other because of the way they were animated. Naughty, naughty menos. Must have gotten bored waiting for something to happen. I can relate to that.

Eventually Byakuya decides that he's tired of fending off the menos army while everyone else kvetches, and starts trying to close the menos spewing sky-vagina. After boggling at this for about a week, the others join in by glowing at it. Success, yay! That just leaves us with Muramasa's big purple freudian nightmare sitting there with Ichigo trapped inside of it.

Motivators.

NeedISayMore

NeedISayMore

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

If Byakuya's zan is still walking around with a broken mask, why did the Dog Captain's zan have his viking horns intact?

This episode was ridiculous. Why are they complaining about Menos who just stand around like wheat waiting for a sickle. Everybody had the luxury of effectively taking a Starbucks coffee break while discussing the Menos situation.

Sandman87, I see from that shot you posted, Orihme had a breast reduction. I wonder if this happened after giving birth the baby she was carrying as shown in the opening credits?

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Manga 493

Completely forgot about this. I was scrolling thru my bookmarks, and I remembered to check to see if the latest chapter was out. Sigh. Typical Kubo antics: The panels are at about a 60/40 ratio of being intelligible.
Spoiler
Speed it up please, Kubo.

Edited by Punkinetta, May 24, 2012 @ 10:39 PM.

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 5:29 AM

So Ichigo defeats Muramasa with a combination of fighting and sympathizing with him. The anus-boob breaks up. Ichigo and Muramasa hold hands. Muramasa dies while the Sad Violin of Sadness plays. Everyone seems terribly perplexed by the strange and alien stuff known as rain. All the zanpakutos go back to sword form.

Ahh, who am I kidding? I'm just watching this again while I wait for Deadman Wonderland to start.

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2012 @ 5:32 PM

Completely forgot about this. I was scrolling thru my bookmarks, and I remembered to check to see if the latest chapter was out. Sigh. Typical Kubo antics:

Spoiler
Speed it up please, Kubo.

What 'Netta-kun said.
Spoiler

Albino Girl

Albino Girl

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 11:23 AM

Manga

I'm just here as a completist. There's no enjoyment or excitement anymore. I just want to see how it ends.

From Punkinetta but that describes my feelings at this point as well. I can barely be bothered to read it anymore and then when I do it's only because I feel a sense of duty since I've been with this series for so long now. It's not even fun to snark on anymore. I'm ready for Kubo to put us both out of our misery and just end this series already.

Edited by Albino Girl, May 29, 2012 @ 11:24 AM.

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

From Punkinetta but that describes my feelings at this point as well. I can barely be bothered to read it anymore and then when I do it's only because I feel a sense of duty since I've been with this series for so long now. It's not even fun to snark on anymore. I'm ready for Kubo to put us both out of our misery and just end this series already.

It doesn't give me any pleasure at all to say it, but I SO agree...

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 5:03 PM

I am also on the same "completist" train, not really enjoying this crap anymore.

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 12:44 PM

Manga 494

Spoiler

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

Mo' 494:

Spoiler

LOL...Don't hold back, 'Netta!
Spoiler

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 4:16 PM

Spoiler

Yeah olvi,
Spoiler

pyralis

pyralis

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

Spoiler

mr.simpatico

mr.simpatico

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

I'm ready for Kubo to put us both out of our misery and just end this series already.

Given the difference in pacing and quality between the final arc (which I really do believe is partly written/driven by Kubo's Shonen Jump editors which is why we're seeing everything and the kitchen sink and finally some actual SS deaths) and the arc before
Spoiler
which sometimes felt like Kubo was writing an entirely different manga that just happened to guest star Ichigo and which ended VERY quickly within two issues or so (as if Kubo was ordered to do so) I have my doubts as to how much of Bleach really is "Kubo's" anymore. I partly think he wanted to end it after Aizen but his editors wouldn't let him.

Manga 494

Spoiler

Edited by mr.simpatico, May 30, 2012 @ 10:51 PM.

ninjawirehead

ninjawirehead

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

Bleach 494:
Spoiler

olvidado

olvidado

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Spoiler

Albino Girl

Albino Girl

Couch Potato

Posted May 31, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

So. After all of my "screw you guys - I'm going home" attitude of late, I must admit that I actually found this chapter enjoyable. Sadly, however, it was not for the reasons that Kubo (or "whoever" as the case may be) intended.

Spoiler

Sandman87

Sandman87

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 2:45 AM

Rukia and Sode Cracker defeat a pair of wild zanpakutos, one of which is sort of a cross between Wolverine and Tazmanian Devil. Maybe he was looking for Beyblade and accidentally took a wrong turn at Albuquerque. At one point Sode suggests freezing everyone in the entire city just to get the surviving zanpakuto. Rukia opts to try other options. Senbonzakura, Haineko, and Rengiku help out by getting drunk off their asses at a shindig held at Squad 10's place. Eventually the Wolveranian Devil gets frostbite and is shipped off to Captain Psychohotep for study.

A couple of motivators.

Punkinetta

Punkinetta

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

Manga 495

Well that was a whole lotta nothing.

Sigh.
Spoiler
. Just get on with it Kubo. [/redundant]

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

How many more episodes of the silliness before we finally get back to the arrancar invasion?

Domina Nocturna

Domina Nocturna

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:18 PM

How many more episodes of the silliness before we finally get back to the arrancar invasion?

More than there should be, about 9 or 10, I believe. Someone will correct me.