Jim Rome is Burning

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

51 replies to this topic

the fresh maker

the fresh maker

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2007 @ 4:15 PM

ITA Stink did well. I guess he holds back a little on NFL Live, although he hasn't made it a secret that he doesn't like the Norv Turner hire. Nice to see that he's well-rounded too.

If he really did coach the national soccer team, I'd watch!

SereneBeing

SereneBeing

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2007 @ 4:51 PM

OK, I'll admit that I do like some of his "burns" even if he does try too hard... (Dude, just because you know what "making it rain" means does not make it OK to repeat it ten times a week--it just makes you look like an old guy trying to sound cool.)

Edited by SereneBeing, May 23, 2007 @ 4:52 PM.

alex90028

alex90028

Video Archivist

• Interests:Tv of course, love going out with friends to bars/clubs. The beach, mountains. Weekend trips to Vegas, Santa Barbera or Big Bear

Posted Jul 3, 2007 @ 12:15 PM

Michael Smith is filling in all week! Now THAT is a great substitute

doguncle

doguncle

Fanatic

Posted Aug 15, 2007 @ 9:54 PM

I don't care much for Rome ever since the "Chris Evert" incident with Jim Everett, but Jim Gray made him look 100 percent better with his "Final Burn" today re: the new book on the 1927 Yankees. Babe Ruth's appitites for everything were known while he was playing, though the womanizing was concealed. Roberr Creamer (sp) who wrote the definite Ruth biography and who knew Ruth personally, didn't conceal it. So why is this new book on the 1927 Yankees so offensive to Gray because Ruth has been dead for 58 years? I guess ambushing Pete Rose on one of the rare times he was allowed inside a major league stadium at the worst possible time for Rose to give a response is somehow more moral?

Gimme Stitches

Gimme Stitches

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 15, 2007 @ 10:07 PM

Adam Carolla was pretty awful yesterday as well.

I like Rome.

jaf2

jaf2

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 17, 2007 @ 10:44 PM

"Adam Carolla was pretty awful yesterday as well."

Yes, I'd like to see him try his interview technique on say, Charles Barkley!

lambertman

lambertman

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2008 @ 4:46 PM

Erik Kuselias got off quite the little rant on the May 23 show about Indianapolis being awarded the 2011 Super Bowl, because it's not fair (a) a cold city got it and (b) new York City deserved it because it'll be the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

It's too bad Indianapolis was actually awarded the 2012 game.

Catastrophic Fail.

Gimme Stitches

Gimme Stitches

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2008 @ 1:32 AM

I also don't think it was a good idea to have a guy that was in the forum all week suddenly host the show on friday.

EK did okay, but yeah, I wasn't really feeling his rant about Indy hosting a Super Bowl either(and that was before I knew he had the year wrong).

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2008 @ 10:02 AM

My biggest problem about his Super Bowl rant was that he was being disingenuous. He knows (I hope) that the primary driver in awarding the Super Bowl to a non-traditional city is generating leverage to get local authorities to pay for a new stadium. When there was talk about New Yorkers paying for a fancy new stadium on the west side, there was still talk about a Super Bowl in the city (2010). Once the Jets, Giants and the league had to pay for a new stadium, that talk disappeared. Lukas Oil Stadium is financed primarily with public money, hence they got the bid. There's really no need to be shocked or surprised about what happened.

SereneBeing

SereneBeing

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 1:46 PM

You know, I gotta say, Bonnie Bernstein isn't half bad.

Simbas Uncle

Simbas Uncle

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 4:11 PM

I was wondering who that was hosting this week. She has definitely changed in appearance from her CBS days, with longer, lighter hair.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 4:27 PM

You know, I gotta say, Bonnie Bernstein isn't half bad.

Beats the hell out of Jim Gray.

SereneBeing

SereneBeing

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 11, 2008 @ 4:42 PM

Beats the hell out of Jim Gray.

...and Adam Carolla and Jason Stone and Jemele Hill, etc.

ThaDude

ThaDude

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 12, 2008 @ 8:47 AM

Indy got a Super Bowl because Lucas Oil is a domed/retractable roofed stadium. The proposed new Giants/jets stadium was going to be open air and there is no way in hell the NFL will ever hold a Super Bowl in an open air stadium in a northern (cold weather) city.

It will never happen.

KedzieMathews

KedzieMathews

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2008 @ 7:43 AM

I don't usually watch Jim Rome because it's always college sports heavy and I could give a shit, but I could not believe that jackass on yesterday who was crying about the Yankees agreeing with Little Stein's complaint about the lowly Dodgers making it and the Yanks not. EVERY year a good AL team doesn't make the playoffs. Just like every year a WC team in the NBA doesn't make it while 4 under 500 teams in the east do. Suddenly we need a rule change because the Yankees weren't good enough to beat a team with less than half their pay roll? I'm a Sox fan but power to the Rays for winning the division (you know they will). That guy even said that the Sox should play the Rays in a playoff as if they didn't deserve the playoff spot via wild card. What world are these people living in? Did they really want to get knocked out in the division series by LA again anyway?

SereneBeing

SereneBeing

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 11, 2008 @ 5:36 PM

Is is me, or does Terrence Moore go out of his way to be an asshole? It's not like JRIB is my fave show anyway, but whenever he's on, I just fast forward whenever he opens his hole. Seems like he argues for the sake of arguing...and to piss off whomever is unlucky enough to have to sit next to him that week.

Just saying...

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2010 @ 4:29 PM

Usually, this show inspires a large amount of meh (considering the dearth of activity in this thread, I'm not alone), but today's burn on Tiger attending a Nickelback concert might be one of the funniest thing I've ever heard.

RedZoneTuba

RedZoneTuba

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2010 @ 7:19 AM

I always wondered: does anyone actually like this show or its grim-faced, block-of-fail host?!?

The most annoying thing (out of many) about Jay-Rome is how when Jay-Rome gets ahold of a nickname, Jay-Rome will repeat the nickname 10,000 times during Jay-Rome's opening monologue. This leads me to think Jay-Rome is a pathetic idiot and that Jay-Rome is more annoying than a stuck record. Jay-Rome needs to go far away and open up the timeslot for someone who is less annoying than Jay-Rome.

And you can swing a dead cat on any street corner and find someone less annoying than Jay-Rome.

MITerp

MITerp

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

RIP, JRIB.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Feb 3, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

I'm sure someone will give this blowhard another show. If Cowherd, LeBatard and Bayliss can get shows, anything's possible.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 12:23 PM

The show isn't dead, he's just moving networks to the CBS Sports network.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

That doesn't surprise me. He seems to do that on a regular basis. At least, last time it was a step up on the sports media ladder--going from Fox Sports to ESPN.