American Dad

• Please log in to reply

3179 replies to this topic

Sweet Lemon

Sweet Lemon

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:18 AM

Me, too. Once again, Roger manages to suck the enjoyment out of an episode of AD..

Wait, what?? I think Roger is one of the most brilliant comedic characters written in the past decade. You're not really supposed to like him (or you wouldn't in real life). But that doesn't mean he's not funny.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

The way he snickered and laughed and enjoyed the hell out of everyone else's grief over Steve's puppy, Kisses, was not funny. The way he cut out an innocent man's kidney to "Hip to be Square" was not funny. Add in his other sociopathic tendencies, and IMO, he's easily the least comedic character on this show.

Fabby

Fabby

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

Perhaps it's not funny to you, but there's no reason to generalize. Different people have different sense of humor.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

I liked how Stan still loved Hayley as his daughter even though she could possibly be not his (although, I do believe that Hayley is Stan's biological daughter). I also loved how Stan was willing to donate his Kidney to Hayley (I also believe that it was a perfect match for Hayley) regardless of hearing the results of the DNA test. Plus we got to see Robby from Son of Stan make a cameo in this episode.

I believe that Roger is a sociopath and that scene fitted his character nicely (plus we know that his species has to be sociopaths and they can die, literally, if they are nice).

As for the next episode the air date is May 6 (this is the only thing I can find), titled "Ricky Spanish", after this we have only one more left for the season (which is titled "Toy Whorey") and is currently scheduled to be aired on May 13:

Title: Ricky Spanish
Spoiler

Edited by TVspectator, May 9, 2012 @ 7:39 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

I believe that Roger is a sociopath and that scene fitted his character nicely (plus we know that his species has to be sociopaths and they can die, literally, if they are nice).

Roger's species has to be mean to avoid poisoning themselves, not sociopathic. Those aren't the same thing.

As for the season's final two episodes, I wonder why we're not having one of them tomorrow?

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:02 PM

Roger's species has to be mean to avoid poisoning themselves, not sociopathic. Those aren't the same thing.

You are right, being a sociopath and being mean are two different things but Roger did say he was a sociopath.

As for the season's final two episodes, I wonder why we're not having one of them tomorrow?

I can't really say. It looks like FG, CS, BB, and the Simpsons will have new episodes tomorrow but not AD? Personally, I was looking into why we can't see the new one tomorrow and I think they may be trying to space the two remaining episodes for the current sweeps month (it is currently between April 26-May 23. This is only my theory as to why we have to wait so long for new AD.

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:04 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

Well, as it turns out, CS will have two new episodes tomorrow night. One in its normal time slot and one in AD's time slot. So that's why there'll be no AD tomorrow.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 3:17 AM

Boo! Give me an American Dadisode over Cleveland any day >:{

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Roger keeps a jar for his farts. So Ricky Spanish was Roger's most dickish persona ever, and he knew everyone in town. Even Bullock...whose wife he killed. Once again, somehow he has another persona that's been married for 35 years.

I think it makes sense that Stan would wonder if Tunjee was the prince of Zamunda after wondering if Africa was real. Love how Stan and Francine kept missing him as soon as they kept ditching him.

Loved Klaus popping into the frame, bragging about finally appearing in the episode so he'd get paid. Which was topped by Hayley popping up in the background.

Man, Werner Herzog is popping up everywhere, isn't he? And speaking of guest stars, it turns out that was Wayne Brady as Tunjee.

Kendall95

Kendall95

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

This episode was gold. I was howling at Steve dancing to My Body. That's some of the best continuity they have in the show.

Loved Hayley and Klaus doing that meta-scene. Although I do miss them having actual plots. Stan & Francine's b-plot wasn't bad, but that weird scene with them calling out to Tunjee went on too long.

Is this a two parter?

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:03 AM

It did feel like a two parter but don't think it is. American Dad does that too often, feels like the episodes end too soon!

Ricky Spanissssssssssssh.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:14 AM

Oh I've missed this show.

Ricky Spanish screwing over Steve did not surprise me. It seems Steve continues to forget that Roger in or out of costume has always been a sociopath. That ending was a little off-putting.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:10 PM

I know! That poor butterfly!

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 7:38 PM

This show seems not to like butterflies very much. First we see Steve killing a butterfly (I think it was a monarch butterfly) in Fart-Break Hotel and now we see another dead butterfly (although, saying that the butterfly's death is paralleled/alluded to Steve's loss of innocents is pretty funny).

With this episode I thought it was funny to see all the people Ricky Spanish/Roger pissed off over the years and at first I thought that they were going to do a My Name Is Earl parody but it turns out that Ricky/Roger was just using Steve. You would think that Steve would know by now not to trust Roger, especially when it comes to changing his personality or correcting all of his wrongs (poor dumb Steve).

It did feel like a two parter but don't think it is. American Dad does that too often, feels like the episodes end too soon!-BtvsVamp

Yes it did feel like a two parter and it should be one.

Ricky Spanissssssssssssh.-BtvsVamp

With the whole Ricky Spanissssssh gag, what were they parodying?

Edit:

Info on the next American Dad!

Title: Toy Whorey; Air Date May 13
Plot:
Spoiler

Edited by TVspectator, May 9, 2012 @ 7:43 PM.

Paul O Regan

Paul O Regan

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

We have another 22 episodes: http://www.deadline....cleveland-show/

The report seems a bit confused though, as it says AD is currently in its sixth season, not its seventh.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Due to Fox's confusing scheduling we were, until the last episode, in the 6th production season. The last episode and the ones airing after it are from the 7th production season.

Edited by tommie, May 10, 2012 @ 2:27 PM.

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 4:01 PM

My favorite part was Ricky Spanissshhhh kicking the old lady in the crotch. And I can only hope that .....Jenny!! becomes a regular. That would be awesome.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

All of the Ricky Spanish cuts were hilarious, but it was the mundane ones that were the best, like when he wouldn't hold the elevator door.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

My favorite was when Ricky Spanish destroyed the kid's petting zoo with a flamethrower (he is one cold sonofabitch, he is Ricky Spanish). Plus the Ricky Spanish whisper has finally made it to Youtube (enjoy it before FOX takes it down).

Edited by TVspectator, May 11, 2012 @ 10:07 PM.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Man, Steve's play dream at the beginning was awesome. "I'M A TRAIN!" And all this time about not having sex, Stan's solution for Steve to stop playing with toys was to get him laid.

God, I loved Roger's Wine Celler in the attic. Roger has the BTTF DeLorean, the 60s Batmobile, and I think one of James Bond's cars, yet chooses the Camry. Which crashes. Awesome. See, the whole "Roger gets a bottle of win from Greg and Terry" is a side of Roger I can really get behind. Since Roger likes them, he doesn't need to be sociopathic, just a schemer. Until The Rube Goldberg device he used ended up working after all by slamming Francine with a wrecking ball all because Roger wanted both of her steaks. So I loved the hell out of it.

Man, Mexico really has it ut for Stan & Steve, doesn't it? I'm...horrified. Remind me to never find out what horchata really is. I love how "Eight Mexican Days" is most likely a much longer stretch of time than normal time passage.

Pedro the Roach was voiced by the security guard in the tag. That was such a great reveal.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 11:24 PM

This is what horchata is (its only a milky like drink, its not even green).

As with this episode I liked it, a lot. I loved how Steve, once again taught Stan, a lesson and was able to free them from their kidnappers. I also loved the B-story and I love how Francine just walks right into Greg's and Terry's house and takes the wine (plus, I love how she mentions that Roger's plan costed them $600.00 in dominoes) and I loved the Hayley/Jeff cameo.

Edited by TVspectator, May 13, 2012 @ 11:25 PM.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

Aww, another season over already :(

Great episode though. I just watched Toy Story 3 again the other day, so the references made it funnier. But it was the Jeff/Hayley bit that cracked me up.

PhineasPoe

PhineasPoe

Video Archivist

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

For some weird reason, I really wish Steve could meet Tina from Bob's Burgers.

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 5:38 PM

Loved the Hayley and Jeff cameo with the thermometer (ewww). That was really funny at the end with Francine and the wrecking ball because I did not see that one coming. Francine has proven once again, she's tough. And WTH this is the finale??? Great episode, but this season seems so disjointed and short.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

And WTH this is the finale???-Jon N

Don't worry, this is only a season finale and AD! was renewed for an 8th season!

Edited by TVspectator, May 14, 2012 @ 11:13 PM.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 4:34 AM

Man it really does seem like these seasons are ending earlier and with fewer episodes each time. I hope we can still get some more Family Guy and Simpsons :(

BakerX2

BakerX2

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

IIRC Simpsons is done for the season but Family Guy has one more episode this season.

That said; anyone taking odds that American Dad gets moved to Saturday night to anchor the new Fox Late Night Saturday block when it launches?

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 7:33 PM

Taking stock of this season, I think my favorite episode was still "Hot Water." It's the only episode that really stuck with me, and if it lacked in some humor it made up for it by being daring and having awesome songs. I even ponied up the $0.99 to buy "Daddy's Gone" on iTunes.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

I even ponied up the $0.99 to buy "Daddy's Gone" on iTunes.-GeoBQn

You are not alone, I too paid the $0.99 to buy "Daddy's Gone" on iTunes and I do wish that they post all of the songs from Hot Water on iTunes.

Edited by TVspectator, May 16, 2012 @ 10:31 PM.

Shalamar

Shalamar

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

This is what horchata is (its only a milky like drink, its not even green).

Damn! Next thing you'll be telling me is that it in no way resembles vomit. :)