American Dad

• Please log in to reply

3179 replies to this topic

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2014 @ 7:08 PM

The concept of the Belgian guy blowing up an IHOP is the best terrorist plot on tv ever.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2014 @ 7:44 PM

Especially when one of the little kids corrected him that a Rooty Tooty Fresh n Fruity is served with pancakes and not waffles. As an IHOP regular, I was REALLY happy to see that called out.

iamdog

iamdog

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2014 @ 9:59 PM

I love how Stand went up to Roger and demanded to see Dr Penguin.

The assassination target doesn't take sugar, so Stan just shoots him in the back of the head in a crowded shop - that is actually a surprise party for his 100th kill. I love this version of the CIA!

And just the concept of a Belgian terrorist on a waffle-related jihad cracked me up.

Sighandeyeroll

Sighandeyeroll

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2014 @ 2:09 PM

I caught one of my favorite episodes on Cartoon Network last night, "Escape From Pearl Bailey". I still love the parodies of Kill Bill and The Warriors. I also miss Steve's goth and chubby girlfriend Debbie(Lizzy Kaplan). I think we last saw her in that Ocean's 11, Bat Mitzvah episode.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 16, 2014 @ 6:57 PM

It's back!

Heh, Snot never saw Revenge of The Nerds.

That Face/Off plot with Steve & Roger ranks right up there with Francine's burnt off face as one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen.

The Naughty Stewardesses plot was pretty dumb. It's another one of those "Stan forgot he works for the CIA" plots.

Kendall95

Kendall95

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2014 @ 2:14 AM

That Face/Off plot with Steve & Roger ranks right up there with Francine's burnt off face as one of the most horrifying things I've ever seen.

For me, nothing tops Jeff being skinned alive by Roger.  Although Francine's face comes close.

This was a weak return after the Olympic hiatus.  Hoping next week is better.

Edited by Kendall95, Mar 17, 2014 @ 2:15 AM.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2014 @ 10:29 AM

I din't mind this week's show.  I like when Francine & Stan get to work together.  & Stan wasn't too much of a douche, so that was nice.  I do wish we had more Hailey on this show.  I hope they don't start Family Guy Megging her...at least not any more than they already have.

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 7:58 PM

Snot: "But we've never been able to kill the Hitler baby."

Steve: "Maybe we just didn't have a good enough reason."

Snot: "Oh I get it, cause now it's your family."

That got me to laugh and say "oh" at the same time.  Great job writers.

Good episode, Stan once again tries to help Steve, Barry, Snot, and Toshi, but in the process does something extremely dumb, and in the end gives them all props.  I like that Stan, yeah he's an idiot, and can be a jerk, but he does have a heart, loves his kids, and likes Steve's friends.  He doesn't want them to have the childhood he had.

lrdmordain

lrdmordain

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2014 @ 9:19 PM

Plus Steve totally spent a year in the forest already raising those two deer.

Fungi Wisdom

Fungi Wisdom

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 24, 2014 @ 6:09 PM

Good point, Irdmordain. Stan spends a lot of time underestimating Steve. 

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 6:58 PM

For some reason I love that Klaus has a job, and that Stan's voice didn't change when he became a woman. Of course, I was not surprised that Bullock was into Female!Stan.

Epstein's Bar. Heh.

Paxton

Paxton

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2014 @ 10:50 PM

I loved Klaus in his Hardee's uni. I always love it when he's in his traveling bowl.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 5:35 PM

Epstein's Bar. Heh.

I don't get it. Enlighten me?

CChambers

CChambers

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 5:57 PM

I don't get it. Enlighten me?

Maybe this?

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:08 PM

I liked this episode and it was fun seeing Stan as a woman. Although, this episode's theme seem a bit close to the one epiosde where Stan turned into an old man but hey, both were good episodes.

On another note, is anyone going to previously.tv when TWOP shuts down (it's run by old TWOPers so it's not totally different from here but IMHO, this place is prettier)?

Edited by TVspectator, Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:10 PM.

theatremouse

theatremouse

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:28 PM

CChambers, oh, thanks! I feel so dumb now. I was wracking my brain for some famous movie and/or literary character named Epstein and what it might be a reference to, and it did not occur to me to think 'pun'.

Edited by theatremouse, Mar 31, 2014 @ 7:29 PM.

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Mar 31, 2014 @ 10:46 PM

I'm going over to p.tv when we shut down here. They have a spot for AD already iirc.

The men each having their own theme song in their head when the women were talking was hilarious. I did like that when Stan was a woman he was kind of dumb. "You mean I don't look like Megan Fox?!"

Lazlo

Lazlo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2014 @ 12:17 PM

The men each having their own theme song in their head when the women were talking was hilarious. I did like that when Stan was a woman he was kind of dumb. "You mean I don't look like Megan Fox?!"

In fairness to Female!Stan she did have that very dark hair Megan Fox has.

Definitely a fun episode, though I admit I have a weakness for these plots - I really liked 'Neutopia' on Futurama for instance.

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 8:28 AM

I write for a local magazine and I'm covering a story about a locally-produced film.  When I asked my husband if he wanted to go to the premiere, he said that he would and it looks like it has a lot of "independent movie goodness."  That's when I realized it reminded me of the American Dad episode--a group of friends going on a gritty-looking, cross-country road trip to fulfill an important mission, and learning the true meaning of friendship.  What are the chances that one of the characters talks about how his dad served him Cheezos for breakfast?

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2014 @ 11:57 PM

Ha!  Speaking of independent movies and American Dad, a friend of mine who's an independent filmmaker sent me a trailer for a film about a mentally handicapped kid being pursued by Nazis. 

The sad thing is, I'm pretty sure if you compared the two, Oscar Gold looks like a much better-quality film by far.  (Seriously, the trailer made me embarrassed for the person who made it.  Not sure if I can or should link to it.  But either way, I couldn't stop laughing - it was like watching Oscar Gold come to life as a real, serious film.)

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2014 @ 7:00 PM

I got a kick out of the Occupy Terrorists being members of the Burger King Kids Club. I miss those guys.

I found it touching that Hayley was wearing Jeff's hat while she was following Stan around.

Loved Hayley calling up Bullock and all he could think about was phone sex. Well, I wasn't expecting him to be behind everything, or be tan for some reason.

GeoBQn

GeoBQn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2014 @ 7:40 PM

The volume 9 DVD is slated to be released next month.  Signs are pointing to it being a MOD release.

http://tvshowsondvd....-Volume-9/19682

I'm disappointed.  I was hoping to get commentary for my new favorite episode, "Blood Crieth Unto Heaven," and I always enjoyed the large number of deleted scenes.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2014 @ 5:49 AM

The extras are the reason I keep buying DVD sets of shows I've seen so many times in reruns (or on Netflix) that I can recite them.  Between this and Bob's Burgers, I am having a disappointing day when it comes to DVD announcements. 

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 6:58 PM

Hayley suddenly doesn't have survival skills this week. You'd think this would be a Steve plot. Then again, she doesn't really do much these days, does she? Also, apparently the Smiths are totally fine with random strangers entering their house every night to go into their attic. Which doesn't really surprise me at this point.

Didn't really care for the story with Klaus telling Snot and Steve various German folk tales, although I love that it went on for several days.

For some reason the return of Dr. Penguin cracked me up, as did the PSA with the "actors" of Stan & Hayley. Other than that, I thought this was a pretty "meh" episode.

Eri

Eri

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 7:32 PM

After the "Hayley needs a transplant due to binge drinking" episode, you'd think they weren't going to go down that route again. I got a few laughs from the body going limp from being drunk and people actually going out to jump off buildings or windows to "test the theory." Then the PSA at the end had me laughing, the "actors" who play Stan and Hayley (Australian accent?)  indeed.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:19 PM

I so now want to know about that nuclear war in Chicago that Hayley said Bullock mentioned to her while drunk.

Edited by TVspectator, Apr 13, 2014 @ 10:19 PM.

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 2:44 AM

I so now want to know about that nuclear war in Chicago that Hayley said Bullock mentioned to her while drunk.

I assume that's where the new Cubs mascot came from.

Loved the episode.  Klaus (or Nemo) with the stories was great, and the payoff being nobody knows why Germany and America fought in World War 2 was hilarious.  Of course Roger killed someone this episode, but since the guy threatened him it's all good.  And there was Dr Penguin.

TVspectator

TVspectator

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:11 PM

Is this the new mascot?

http://www.chicagono...rk_Bat-Lean.jpg

CChambers

CChambers

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2014 @ 11:41 PM

I'm not a regular viewer of this show, but I fairly certain I've seen the 'agent shoots off his foot' scene from last nights episode before. I checked and it was a new episode. Was it reused or am I thinking of something else?

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2014 @ 2:18 AM

Is this the new mascot?

http://www.chicagono...rk_Bat-Lean.jpg

That is indeed the new mascot, the costume is even more horrifying.