Looney Tunes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

301 replies to this topic

nothing new

nothing new

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2006 @ 8:28 PM

The cartoon is "Rabbit Hood" (directed by Chuck Jones and written by Mike Maltese):

In the name of my most royal majesty, I knight thee. Arise, Sir Loin of Beef! (WHAM!) Arise, Earl of Cloves! (WHAM!) Arise, Duke of Brittingham! (WHAM!) Arise, Baron of Munchhausen! (WHAM) Arise, Essence of Myrrh! (WHAM!) Milk of Magnesia! (WHAM!) Quarter of Ten!

GarfieldTheCat

GarfieldTheCat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 4:51 PM

I LOVE Looney Tunes. But I also have a favorite Looney Tune song, Hello/Goodbye performed by Bugs and Daffy

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2006 @ 5:21 PM

At this point: that's when the Sheriff, starts to sing, "London Bridges".

My favorite part of the cartoon is when the Sheriff is singing "London Bridges" in a dazed, slurry voice and he's staggering around, ready to fall over. In the space of about two seconds, Bugs: (1) races from the scene at top speed; (2) comes back with a huge cast iron oven in tow; (3) mixes the ingredients of a pie on a kitchen table and pours the mixture into a pie tin; (4) pops the pie tin into the oven; (5) taps his feet waiting for it to bake; (6) pulls the hot pie out of the oven, and then (7) slips the pie under the Sheriff's face just before he hits the ground.

Classic Bugs.

"Ngahhhhhhhhh, don't you worry, never fear, Robin Hood will soon be here."

Misty Jade

Misty Jade

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 12:34 AM

Let's not forget that giant orange haired beastie Gossamer in all of this. I love the one, with Bugs and Gossamer in Frankenstein's castle and Bugs remarks (hope I get this quote right):

"Such an innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting monster deserves an innnnnnnnnnnnnteresting hairdo."

and then promptly blows up Gossamer.

Love, love, love this furball of a monster...although I never knew it had a name. To me he was always the Hairy Monster. I always thought it fun that for no apparent reason it wore sneakers and the sound of it crying always made me giggle.

Gossamer squashed his armor-clad self into a tin of Canned Monster...complete with label.

Edited by Misty Jade, Apr 6, 2006 @ 12:33 AM.

Nagurikorosu

Nagurikorosu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 12:24 PM

"Aaaahhhhhhhhh! PEOPLE!!!"

I loved Gossamer.

My favorite Looney Tunes ever is probably that one where Daffy was Robin Hood and Porky was the Friar. It never fails to crack me up when Daffy is trying to prove he's the real Robin Hood by swinging down to get the Sheriff's tax money and all he hits is trees.

"Yoinks, and AWAY!" *Thud*

By the end of it, he's can hardly sat that. Eventually he goes back and cuts down all the trees, only to slam into a big, fuckin' rock.

Viscount of Monte Cristo

Viscount of Monte Cristo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 2:37 PM

“Ho! Ha ha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!” *beak flips*

Dariendude15

Dariendude15

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2006 @ 5:31 PM

I remember when I was just a lil kid. I saw that Daffy Hood episode on Nickelodeon. It was the first time I laughed so hard I cried.

Nagurikorosu

Nagurikorosu

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 2:00 PM

Just found Robin Hood Daffy on Youtube. Yay!

It has an annoying short at the beginning of it, but once that has passed, you'll see it. Also, FYI and FTTDK, Rabbit of Seville and Hillbilly Hare are also on Youtube.

KatrinaD

KatrinaD

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 8, 2006 @ 9:24 PM

Far too many to list, but I'll give it a shot:

The wicked witch: "Sharp enough to split a hare. A HARE!"

Gossamer: "No, that'll never stay. We'll just have to have a permanamanamanent."

The one with the vampire: "Abraca-pocus!"

The vulture: "My momma done tol' me... bring home something for dinner..."

And of course, the Rabbit of Seville. Which I have completely committed to memory. Why yes, I am a freak.

mooncreek

mooncreek

Stalker

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 1:22 PM

An obscure cartoon I also like is the one where the two mice gorge themselves on so much cheese that they decide to kill themselves. They keep trying to jump into the cat's mouth, which eventually confuses him so much that he tries to kill himself via the neighbor's dog. "It don't add up!"

Complete with the adding machine. I love that one so much. Maybe because it was an antidote to the Spike/Tom/Jerry cartoons.

I love conniving Daffy as well. The woo-hoo Daffy was one I really wanted Elmer or Porky to shoot.

My favorite cartoons both involve the breaking of character - the one with Bugs-as-animator messing with Daffy and the one with Elmer Fudd wanting out of his contract.

Stuckinowhere

Stuckinowhere

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 11:17 AM

The animator(who turns out to be Bugs) messing with Daffy short,Duck Amuck is definitely a classic.

Sylvester the Cat had the most range and was different depending on who directed him. Friz Freleng paired him with Tweety, Chuck Jones had him be Porky's pet and never had him talk, and Bob McKimson used him with his son, Sylvester Jr. trying to catch the baby kangaroo that he thought was a giant mouse. I always liked Slyvester Jr. saying "Oh father!"

Hello Ball

Hello Ball

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 12, 2006 @ 12:11 PM

Indeed.

And my kids got VERY tired of me slobbering all over them when I'd pretend to be exasperated and exclaim "I'm the father of a breakfast!!"

kimmako

kimmako

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 7:50 AM

I love Looney Tunes! I especially like the Pepe LePew ones and the fractured French. I think that this isn't something that you catch as a kid watching it for the first time. My favorite is probably the one where Babette the cat is desperate to find a husband and she sets her sights on Pepe. Kind of the reverse of the normal.

Oh, and the hat one, where different hats fly on to Elmer and Bugs.

I also have to plug Chuck Jones's autobiography, Chuck Amuck. It's a great read!

clarkins

clarkins

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2006 @ 9:03 AM

Thanks for all these memories guys. I needed a smile this morning.

Stuckinowhere

Stuckinowhere

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2006 @ 1:16 PM

Last Sunday's Robot Chicken rerun had a hilarious 8 Mile parody starring Bugs, Daffy, Porky and Elmer! Click here to see it!

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2006 @ 2:28 PM

I love the fact that Bob Bergen voiced Porky in this sketch (and I don't know who else was reprised, Bob is the only one I recognized in the credits), and ending it with "Th-th-th-That's All, Bitches!"

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2006 @ 5:51 PM

Charming reference: One of the tracks on the Lost soundtrack is called "Monsters Are Such Innnteresting People."

Angora Deb

Angora Deb

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 3, 2006 @ 3:37 AM

Babette the cat

The skunk-kitty has a name? I thought I was rather a geeky WB fangirl, but I never knew that. "Flairt."

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Aug 3, 2006 @ 9:59 AM

I thought her name was Penelope. Or am I thinking of another cat entirely/just plain wrong?

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Aug 3, 2006 @ 2:38 PM

I think Penelope was the cat who appeared in the Pepe Le Pew shorts, but my mind is blurry on that subject.

Babette was one of the 2 cats to appear in A Tale of Two Kitties (and I believe 1 or 2 others), along with Catsello, and that toom also introduced us to Tweety.

And I have to share my love for a great toon not mentioned yet: The Great Piggy Bank Robbery, easily one of my favorite cartoons ever. It gave us Duck Twacey, all of the one-shot "villains" like Neon Noodle and Eraserhead (years before the David Lynch movie!), and my favorite scene is when Duck Twacey finds that his piggy bank is missing and calls himself mainly because of the great animation in this scene. I've seen the shots frame-by-frame for this one scene alone and just the single drawings make me laugh.

fitzwits

fitzwits

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 4, 2006 @ 7:23 AM

I must first start this post, with congratulating nothing new, for filling in the blanks for me. It just kills me how the sheriff tries so gallantly, to get up after the first couple of whacks.

cjl: Totally agree, that it is classic Bugs. The subtlety of Bugs tapping his foot, has warped my sense of humour.

KatrinaD: That is Mrs. fitzwits, favourite episode. I love the part where he wants to crush him with that cement block, and Bugs keeps saying, "Abraca-pocus", and he turns into a bat. Just like the sheriff in the, "Rabbit Hood" episode(thanks again nothing new), he keeps trying.

You know as a kid; I never got Foghorn Leghorn. As an adult though: he cracks me up everytime. I don't know if it's because of his, bombastic personality - but he kills me. The episode, where he thinks he's the father of the little ostrich - is one of my favourites. When he said to the dog, " You have insulted my family honour sir, and I demand satisfaction". He then proceeds to whack the dog, with his base-ball glove. Comedy gold.

I must be twisted, because I like another episode where Bugs does that too. It's when Emmie(Granny), inherited a million dollars. Yosemite Sam comes a courting, and Bugs feels he must do a scout's honour. At one point Yosemite Sam says, "How would you like to taste, the salt of leather?"(gives Bugs a whack). Bugs then says, " You have insulted the Earl of Marquis"(i think), drops brick in glove, and a bigger whack. LOL.

This thread brings back, good memories, and good laughs.

Stuckinowhere

Stuckinowhere

Fanatic

Posted Aug 4, 2006 @ 10:42 AM

I love Foghorn Leghorn too! I think his antagonistic relationship with the barnyard dog is the one most kids can relate to. Robert McKimson still got a lot of cartoons out of Foghorn even after he stopped pairing him with the Henery Chickenhawk(who I never liked). I loved when Prissy and Egghead Jr. were in the cartoons. The one where spinster Prissy is feeling bad when one of the hens hatches a chick and when she goes to play with it the mother yells at her to get her own child and the other hens laugh saying what man would ever be with her always makes me cry. Seriously.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2006 @ 2:57 PM

Foghorn Leghorn rocked. The Rube Goldberg-like contraptions he set up for the dog were gold.
I hope the Wayans' bros. paid some money to Chuck Jones' estate since Little Man completely ripped him off.

Stuckinowhere

Stuckinowhere

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2006 @ 12:06 PM

I doubt it. When I saw the ads for that I thought:"That's totally an old Bugs Bunny cartoon! That the movie probably isn't nearly as good though is a safe bet!

shipmate

shipmate

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 3:54 PM

Can you download any of the old cartoons online? I was just telling my daughter about the one entitled "Transylvania 6-5000" (1963 film) where Bugs is with the vampire and each time he says "Abracadabra" or "Hocus Pocus" to vampire changes form. I was cracking up reading some of the dialogue online and would love for her to see it.

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 23, 2006 @ 4:37 PM

Looney Toons Golden Collection, Volume Four (November 14, 2006)!

http://www.amazon.co...G...lance&n=130

Too much Speedy for my taste, but the Tashlin disc is absolutely essential!

Plus, Rabbit Hood (see p. 3 of this thread) and 8 Ball Bunny ("Ooooooooooh, I'm dyyyyyyyyyyyyin'!") are two of my all-time favorite Bugs cartoons.

fernsehen

fernsehen

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 24, 2006 @ 9:46 AM

AimingforYoko: Foghorn Leghorn rocked. The Rube Goldberg-like contraptions he set up for the dog were gold.

Didn't he, though?

"This is gonna cause moah confusion than a mouse in a buh-lesque show."

"Luckily I always keep my feathahs numba'd for just such an emuh-gency."

Don't remember him ever taking a wrong toin at Albuquoique, though.

Luther Heggs

Luther Heggs

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2006 @ 5:18 PM

Funniest line from "Hillbilly Hare":

Bugs: And who might YOU be?

Hillbilly: Well, I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't!

There's one line from (can't remember title) the one where the mad scientist wants to switch Bugs' brain with a chicken's brain...Bugs is running from the scientist and ducks into a closet which happens to contain a skeleton. Bugs walks out of the closet and yells (How do you spell this???) DUUUUUUYYYYYY-DUUUUUUUUUYYYYY-DUUUUUUUUYYYYY-DUUUUUUUUYYYY!!!

Also, in the one where Bugs gets chosen to be "bwasted" by Elmer Fudd on "The Sportsmen's Hour" and ducks into Liberace's studio...

"Oh, George...That's my brother, George! Here, George...Take this candelabra to moth-er!

BOOM

"I did that because I always wanted my program to go over with a bang! Tee-hee-hee!"

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2006 @ 11:17 AM

Daffy: [loud, outraged, about to make a statement] I would like...!!! [sotto voce aside to audience] I would like? I would like a trip to Europe... [back to outrage] I would like to.....

Heck, I forget the rest, but I know it was great.

I also liked the construction-site guy who was trying to wipe out Bugs' rabbit hole in order to finish his building project; at one point he ends up falling from a great height courtesy of Bugs, and struggles to his feet to look directly into the camera and say "I'm feelin'... mighty low..." as he collapses back to the ground.

I use both these phrases regularly.

Stuckinowhere

Stuckinowhere

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2006 @ 11:57 AM

My favorite Bugs Bunny line ever is when he's shanghaid to work on Yosemite Sam's ship and he tricks him into swabbing the deck himself by writing insulting graffiti on it. While Sam is feverishly mopping it away Bugs is lying on a lounge chair with sunglasses and says:
"My compliments captain, for keeping your ship so 'spic and span'!" And then Sam stands proudly smiling and holding the mop until he realizes he's been fooled!

Edited by Stuckinowhere, Sep 25, 2006 @ 11:52 AM.