Cops: Bad Boys (and Girls)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

245 replies to this topic

jmcd44

jmcd44

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 12, 2005 @ 7:02 AM

I loved Joe Kolp and his partner (John Henterley), who is free to contact me at any time. Not only did my roommate and I salivate over them, we were exhausted with laughter at the guy who got arrested. He was, in the words of Joe Kolp, "freaking me out".

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 14, 2005 @ 9:15 PM

Anybody see the one tonight on Court TV "Coast to Coast"? They had a sting with cops selling pot to people driving up. There was one cop who was incredibly good-looking, with an earring, don't know his name...WHY don't I ever catch their names???

I think my favorite one though is of the well-dressed woman who gets stuck on the train tracks making a U-turn. She's just come from a wedding. It's obvious she's hammered. The cop says, "Ma'am, put your hands behind your back" and she jerks her hand away and in a very whiny voice says, "NoooOOOO!"

This one was just on again, and I cracked up when she was trying to convince them she wasn't a criminal -- one of her reasons was "I watch America's Most Wanted every week"!!

Edited by chitowngirl, Aug 15, 2005 @ 8:44 PM.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Sep 14, 2005 @ 3:02 PM

I just saw the other day the one where the poor cop gets stuck on the train tracks while chasing a motorcyclist and then not one but two trains come nearby! But the best moment is when his sergeant answers his cellphone and is all, "Why, hello Captain!" and the poor cop is in the background all "Crap, I am so busted." And not only do all of his colleagues rib him about it, but it was caught on tape so millions of people could see it. I bet the guy is still living it down.

jase

jase

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2005 @ 3:11 PM

The COPS film crew has been filiming in Chattanooga, where I live, for the last few weeks.

True story:

I live in a downtown neighborhood that is undergoing revitalization. It's now a safe place to live, but we still have some petty crime and pockets of drugs (we used to have 120 drug houses; now we have less than 10). Anyway, I live next door to a drug house of sorts (granny is a crackhead and allows her friends to deal from there). The main drug dealer who has been known to stay there had been there that day, and I called the police to let them know. So, they had been patrolling heavily that particular day.

Anyway, one of their customers approached the house and the police were at the other end of the block. The cars (there were two) came up and not only did the police jump out, so did the COPS crew.

My house may be on COPS. I'm not so sure what that says about where I live.

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2005 @ 5:19 PM

Cool, jase! I've always wondered - how many cameramen, sound guys, etc.?

skeevo666

skeevo666

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 2:02 AM

Sometimes you wish the perp wouldn't wear a shirt, especially when it says "Testicle Festival" on it . . .

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 7:37 AM

"Testicle Festival"

I was laughing so hard at that shirt, I completely missed what the guy had to do with the case. In fact, that whole segment turned out to be a most awesome fashion disaster -- from the mullet on the victim to the other woman who was 30 years too old to be wearing the fake leather pants.

I love COPS. It's like having the circus come to town every Saturday night.

Edited by Major Misfit, Sep 18, 2005 @ 7:38 AM.

CrazyMacy

CrazyMacy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 11:48 AM

I was nearly dead with laughter last night when this one dude (lord forgive me) kept saying "I shoulda kilt him...I shoulda kilt him"...then the cop was asking him some questions and then he says: "if it wasn't for y'all...I coulda kilt him"....

wyndham

wyndham

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 4:34 PM

I saw one over the weekend (might have been a rerun) with that skanky woman who had 4 little kids in the back seat of a car (unrestrained) and a backpack with $3500 in cash and a bag of meth and one of the kids sitting on top of the backpack! You could see the cop wanted to smack the shit out of her. I don't know how they keep their cool - I sure couldn't. I hope they took those kids away from her forever!

serendous

serendous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2005 @ 5:24 PM

I saw one over the weekend (might have been a rerun) with that skanky woman who had 4 little kids in the back seat of a car (unrestrained) and a backpack with $3500 in cash and a bag of meth and one of the kids sitting on top of the backpack! You could see the cop wanted to smack the shit out of her. I don't know how they keep their cool - I sure couldn't. I hope they took those kids away from her forever!

Meth Mom! She cracked me up because all of her explanations were so lame. The car didn't have tags because she'd just gotten it because she buys and sells cars for a living. Only she doesn't have a driver's license. And yeah, it was really pathetic that she had the kids propped up on top of the bag of drugs. The thing is, the cops probably wouldn't have looked at her so harshly if she had just had the kids properly strapped in. I think they originally pulled her over because the kids were bouncing around in the car.

Another unrestrained kid one was the guy who's kid fell out of his car when he hit a turn. Seriously, the kid just flew out. The dad stopped, grabbed him, and put him back in. Then, when the police go to stop him, he pulls in at the adult bookstore. Luckily, the kid wasn't badly hurt.

I was nearly dead with laughter last night when this one dude (lord forgive me) kept saying "I shoulda kilt him...I shoulda kilt him"...then the cop was asking him some questions and then he says: "if it wasn't for y'all...I coulda kilt him"....

We just couldn't stop lauging at this one.

My favorite would be lawyers were the young couple who got in a fight and someone called the police because the guy pushed the girl down. When the police come to investigate, the girl wouldn't let them in because the police wouldn't assure her that no one was going to go to jail. She basically tried to argue them down that they couldn't come in without that guarantee. Well of course the police got the door buster and knocked the door in. Arresting ensued and it turns out that the guy had told his girlfriend that if the police came in someone had to go to jail. He claimed he read it in a law book. The policeman, looking quite annoyed, asked him whether he'd actually finished the book and the guy, watching his girlfriend get put in a car and in handcuffs himself, said that he hadn't.

jase

jase

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2005 @ 10:15 AM

I've always wondered - how many cameramen, sound guys, etc.?

There was one cameraperson and one sound person holding a long microphone, and they were wearing bulletproof vests. I met a couple of the other ones at our National Night Out festival. I think they travel in pairs.

It's going to be funny seeing our neighborhood on TV, and seeing officers I know personally.

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2005 @ 11:55 AM

I love COPS. It's like having the circus come to town every Saturday night.

Hee! I'm so happy that there are new episodes!

jase

jase

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2005 @ 10:06 AM

The Chattanooga eps (the ones filmed in my neighborhood) are supposed to air in 4-6 months. I can't wait.

When they came to town a few years ago, the film crew told our police department that out of all the cities in the country they had visited, Chattanooga has the ugliest whores they had ever seen.

We wear that like a badge of honor. Or not.

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2005 @ 11:18 PM

out of all the cities in the country they had visited, Chattanooga has the ugliest whores they had ever seen.

I'm thinking this isn't going to be put on a sign as people enter the city!

jase

jase

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2005 @ 10:46 AM

True. I don't really see them marketing tore-down street whores as a tourist attraction, even though there is probably a market for that sort of thing.

You'll see on the show how skanky they are. The officer that I know personally that the crew has been riding with had to wrestle one to the ground and restrain her. I guess you haven't lived until a crackwhore has tried to beat you down.

They ugly. They sho is ugly [/Shug Avery].

Edited by jase, Sep 28, 2005 @ 10:54 AM.

B. Will

B. Will

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 6, 2005 @ 11:14 AM

You'll see on the show how skanky they are. The officer that I know personally that the crew has been riding with had to wrestle one to the ground and restrain her.

I've always wondered if the crew is allowed/encouraged to help in a case like that. Probably not, but there were a few times early on in the series where it seemed that the camera guy was blocking a perp's escape.

YourDensity

YourDensity

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2005 @ 12:28 PM

I remember around the holidays, COPS had a special on: Merry Christmas! Ho Ho Ho! And it was all about busting prostitutes and doing prostitute stings and getting johns.

Anyone else see this? Did I imagine this concept after imbibing too much hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps?

I just remember that I giggled every time the title came up and thought the special RULED!

B. Will

B. Will

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 6, 2005 @ 3:59 PM

That's definitely the best Cops special episode title ever. "Tazed and Confused" comes in a distant second.

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2005 @ 6:18 PM

"Tazed and Confused" comes in a distant second

I just saw this the other day. It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be, but just about any episode of COPS is pretty good.

I have a question for other loyal COPS viewers. It seems like if the cops search you or your car and come up with any prescription medication that you don't have in the original container (to show that you have a legitimate RX), you are charged with possession of a controlled substance or something. I am on several medications (one of which is considered a controlled substance I think) and I just keep a few of each one in a container in my purse, because I get them through a mail-in prescription program which gives me a 3 month supply. There's no way I can carry around the huge 3 month supply containers in my purse! I've never gotten pulled over except for a couple of times a long time ago for speeding, but if I were and they looked through my purse and found the meds, could they charge me with something? After watching so many episodes of COPS, I'm starting to get a little paranoid, and thinking I should make copies of my prescriptions and keep them with me.

I think maybe I should back away from COPS for awhile!

B. Will

B. Will

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 7, 2005 @ 7:59 AM

It's not a bad idea to keep copies of your prescriptions with you just in case you get pulled over. I don't think that you'd necessarily be charged with possession, but you would likely be detained until they verified the prescription. If you have copies with you, then you'll be on your way pretty quickly.

Shu Shu Fontana

Shu Shu Fontana

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 7, 2005 @ 11:17 AM

I've always wondered if the crew is allowed/encouraged to help in a case like that.

Usually, the camera crew is not allowed to get involved. However, I saw a Best of Cops type show last month and they showed two episodes where the crew was actually caught on film.

These were really old episodes:
The first incident was the camera crew was in the back seat of the police car filming a chase when they are hit by another car. The camera crew, as well as the police officer, suffered slight injuries (cuts, bruises, etc.) so they were shown on camera being cleaned up by the EMTs.

Another episode showed a police officer performing CPR by himself on a woman. I think they were in a kitchen. You hear the sound guy ask, “Do you need help?” The officer answers yes. The sound guy put his equipment down and assisted with CPR. Turned out the sound guy was a volunteer EMT as well.

Otherwise, they try to keep the crew off camera.

this time greeted by the husband covered in flour after a food fight broke out.

Loved that episode! I guess a food fight is better than hauling off and hitting someone!

Does anyone remember an episode where a police officer stopped some guy walking down the street and the guy had a joint tucked behind his ear? The cop reached over, pulled it from behind the guy’s ear. The guy was so wasted he didn’t remember it was there!

fluttergrrl

fluttergrrl

Posted Oct 7, 2005 @ 11:49 AM

Of course! Despite repeated questions, the guy insisted he hadn't smoked that day and didn't have weed! He went peacefully into the squad car without protest.

jase

jase

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2005 @ 12:32 PM

Merry Christmas! Ho Ho Ho!

This is about whores? Best. Title. EVER.

B. Will

B. Will

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2005 @ 2:25 PM

Had to bring up the new episode from a couple of weeks ago, where the guy in (IIRC) a Town Car got pulled over, and said that the car was his niece, Edna's. And she was in the back seat. The best parts of the questioning (I'm sure the quotes aren't exact, but you get the gist):

Officer: Are you two related?
Edna: No. He's my uncle.
Officer: So you are related.
Edna: Yes.

And...

Guy: I'm not gonna lie to you, she's not my niece. We're husband and wife.
Officer: Ah, OK.
Guy: Well, not legally...

I almost peed my pants laughing when he let out that last part.

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2005 @ 5:16 PM

B.Will , that was hilarious. I had no idea where that one was going, but it was fun!

B. Will

B. Will

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2005 @ 2:17 PM

I just wish I could've heard the conversation inside the car when they got pulled over.

Guy: "OK, you be Trish. Edna, you're my wife."
Back Seat Girl: "What? We're not married."
Guy: "Hmm, you're right. You can be my niece."
Back Seat Girl: "But I'm not your niece either. Can't you just tell them I'm your girlfriend?"
Guy: "That'd never work! Right, Trish?"
Front Seat Girl: "You know my name's not Trish, right? That's just the name you said I had to use."
Guy: "This plan is completely foolproof. We'll be home in 5 minutes."

AArnett

AArnett

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 2:52 PM

Still really into watching Cops. I still love seeing people getting arrested, and I do have to admit that about 90% of the people who get arrested on this show look like lowlives who have done worse than what they're getting arrested for. Don't any HIGH class people smoke marijuana, steal cars, drive drunk, (I know no high class man will beat his wife.) or stuff like that? I do feel for the few who get detained for being with the wrong friend and get released (A first segment of a KC show comes to mind).

One thing I really get a kick of and wonder about though. First, after they finally pull over after leading them to a long pursuit, they continue to run on foot pursuit. But, this is what gets me: When they run and get caught, and when the officer asks them "Why did you run?", they ALWAYS answer the question either with "I'm scared!", or "They were trying to shoot me!", or "They were going to beat me!", or some other obvious BS lies. The way they answer the questions to "Why did you run?" is so false (or hiding the REAL reason) that it makes me laugh. Why don't they ever admit the REAL reason why they ran (IE: Because the car was reported stolen, because they have a warrent for thier arrest, because they're drugs and guns in the car, etc.)? Even withstanding the evading/resisting charges that come with running, most of them would have gotten off easier (Not gotten arrested at all, arrested for less charges, etc.), because the run gave the officers "probable cause" which made them more suspicious and made them invistigate further.

The point is that, even if you know you're about to be arrested, (unless it is a major felony you're about to be arrested for), it generally does not pay to run from the police, and if you do run from the police, answer the question with SOME sense.

But, really, COPS is TRUE reality at it's finest.

LittleLou

LittleLou

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 6:23 PM

Aarnett

Whenever my SO and I watch, we just yell GUILTY! everytime some mulletted shirless dude comes on. You just know they are in way deeper than the little bit of meth they have on them.

However, I must disagree with you on the domestic violence. I volunteer for a womans shelter, and you would be AMAZED at how many *High Class Men* beat their wives.

SnowDog

SnowDog

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2005 @ 12:12 PM

I saw the COPS marathon Saturday. Did y'all see the guy who was handcuffed and bent over the hood of the cop car? He started banging his head against the hood while shouting, "Oww! Why are you hitting me??"

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2005 @ 1:26 PM

Did y'all see the guy who was handcuffed and bent over the hood of the cop car? He started banging his head against the hood while shouting, "Oww! Why are you hitting me??"

That was hilarious. I just love this show.