Queer Eye For The Straight Guy

• Please log in to reply

1415 replies to this topic

AllAboutMBTV

AllAboutMBTV

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2013 @ 11:40 AM

OK, haven't quite got the title thing figured out.

QE5? (Like the boat? Yeah, I know. Not quite right...)

Thanks for the heads up on the repeats this week!

zillabreeze

zillabreeze

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 22, 2013 @ 2:06 PM

Well, we are all programming geniuses.  Who wouldn't watch a quarterly Queer Eye, no matter who gets made over??? And Linky, "Where Are They Now?" would be must see in my house! 

There were so many on the reunion that I had forgotten about- would love to see if they kept shaving & waxing?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Oct 22, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

I thought it was a fun reunion show, for sure. I don't watch anything on Bravo anymore aside from Kathy Griffin, so I'm so glad I caught it.

There was one question I really wanted Andy to ask: Kyan, how did you keep from tying Carson down and giving him a hair makeover back then? His hair was atrocious looking in most of the old clips.

I can't believe Jai & Thom got drunk and made out in a van once.

Jai was 23 when they started, not barely 21. Joking about Ted being old never gets old to me.

Kyan is still the best looking one. Andy looked like such a troll on that couch.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Oct 23, 2013 @ 8:55 AM

I can't believe Jai & Thom got drunk and made out in a van once.

I also liked learning that Carson was so tear proof when a makeover would get weepy and instead would say "but your hair looks fantastic!"

Kyan is still dreamy. I felt Carson during the end of the series was overly hyper and Jai I never really got the point of his 23 year old cultural expertise, but if he just served as somebody for Thom to torture and make out with, okay.

My offering for the quarterly special name - QE: Better Than Ever*

*sounds like a detergent. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by ccridernyc, Oct 23, 2013 @ 10:50 AM.

Linky Loo

Linky Loo

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 21, 2013 @ 9:14 PM

The Esquire channel is running episodes.

johchi

johchi

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 3:20 PM

I've been watching the episodes on Bravo. They recently showed the one with the grumpy guy who owned a motorcycle repair shop and who hated everything. There was a younger woman he liked who was showing no interest in him. She had already bailed on the event he was going to host at the episode's end. He was talking to Jay about her and he said, "She's not receptive or responsive. That's her problem." Uh, no dude, that's your problem. If she's not into you, find someone else.

That remark seriously bugged me, and I can't believe that Jay didn't call him on it. Instead of telling him to find another woman who is receptive, Jay convinced her to come to the party. At the end, the straight guy tells her, "I did this all for you" -- exactly the thing you want to hear from a guy you're not interested in. The scene ends with them sort of cuddling, but I don't know if she was being sincere or making nice for the camera.

Edited by johchi, Feb 14, 2014 @ 12:00 PM.