Glark

Glark

Posted Jan 16, 2005 @ 10:31 PM

Media-y!

Jolie Blanc

Jolie Blanc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 4:50 AM

Reuters has a shortie review of "33" up. General buzz is positive, which is nice.

And over at IGN FilmForce we have the more hardcore geek review, from the viewpoint of people who actually think the old series was quality television. It's cautiously mixed, but do be careful, FilmForce is also reviewing the epis that've aired overseas.

feltedtote

feltedtote

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 6:57 AM

I don't know where else to put this, but hopefully this thread will do.

Have you read the character descriptions at SciFi's BG site?

Eyes burning like fire!

Lee Adama is described as:

Ruggedly handsome, lean and rangy, he controls his anger and pain as if it were a fighter craft

Whoever wrote that copy should be taken out back and made to shuck corn.

Although I do now really want to say "I am controlling my anger and pain as if it were a fighter craft", preferably in a really boring work meeting.

For the rest of 'em:

http://www.scifi.com...tar/characters/

Jolie Blanc

Jolie Blanc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 7:20 AM

Although I do now really want to say "I am controlling my anger and pain as if it were a fighter craft", preferably in a really boring work meeting.

Hee. I am tempted to teach that line to my 13 year old Japanese students. It's just the kind of useless English that works so well in public schools...

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 9:36 AM

From About.com's Sci-Fi section, interviews with: Ron Moore, Jamie Bamber , Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, and Grace Park

Edited by cutecouple, Jan 17, 2005 @ 9:36 AM.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 3:56 PM

Ronald Moore talks about Galactica's future for the second season.

Warning: He talks about the first season in past tense so it has some spoilers.

payndz

payndz

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 6:23 PM

The Guardian in the UK had this to say about 1x12:

This has turned out to be one of television's more pleasant surprises. It's not just the technology that has improved since the original Galactica. Where the old effort immediately descended into the usual help-a-town/planet-in trouble weekly mire of episodic TV, this has carried strong, evolving threads throughout. The characters get more beaten down and actually - gasp - develop. Planet Kobol is discovered, crawling with Cylons, holding the key to the whereabouts of mythical planet Earth. Human traitor Baltar still walks away with the acting honours, his dual conversations between real people and his alien brain implant managed [sic] to be tense, scary and deeply funny.

Can't really argue with that. Baltar is fucking awesome in his self-serving nastiness, and 1x12 rocked.

Edited by payndz, Jan 17, 2005 @ 6:24 PM.

laurabeth

laurabeth

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 6:31 PM

The Guardian (Gods of Kobol bless it's geeky little liberal soul) seems to have something of a thing for this show. It's been mentioned favourably roughly every fortnight in it's TV review section. Below is a little review they did back when it first came out. Just the first part is topical really, the rest is a bit silly.

Spoilers for episode 3 included in the article. Sorry, forgot about that!

Guardian reimagining

Edited to add warning. Thanks Inigo!

Edited by laurabeth, Jan 17, 2005 @ 7:39 PM.

InigoMontoya

InigoMontoya

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2005 @ 6:48 PM

You might want to skip the third paragraph for the next few days as it refers to Episode 1-3. Or you might want to skip that paragraph as the 'Gruniad', as it is affectionately known hereabouts for its typos, doesn't know its Mikes from its Dicks.

NikkiJ

NikkiJ

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 18, 2005 @ 12:13 PM

I was looking at the BBC site and found their reviews from when it was shown on Sky. For the spoiler sensitive, don't go poking around as there are reviews for all the other eps aired. This link has no spoilers.

33 Review.

They didn't review Water, don't know why.

I also found interviews with JB & JC. I think they have vague spoilers but I might be over sensitive on your behalf because I'm watching them after the fact. If I'd watched them before I might not think of them as spoilery at all. Anyway here are the links.
JB Interview
JC Interview

Edited by NikkiJ, Jan 18, 2005 @ 12:39 PM.

llmtax

llmtax

Posted Jan 18, 2005 @ 12:33 PM

TV Guide's Matt Roush has nice things to say:

http://www.tvguide.c.../roush/askmatt/

Wildog27

Wildog27

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2005 @ 3:10 PM

Some interesting articles from Zap2it.com

Click here.

IanStark

IanStark

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2005 @ 3:25 PM

I didn't think it was possible ... but Olmos looks EVER WORSE in that picture that accompanies the Zap2it article. YOW!

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2005 @ 4:27 PM

Poor Bonnie Hammer. It always seems like she gets the interesting actor outbursts.

Wildog27

Wildog27

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2005 @ 4:39 PM

Yeah, but you gotta love Olmos sticking to his guns on this. What I like is that it really sounds like he believes in the show. To me, if someone of his caliber believes in it, it gives me that much more hope for it.

buttersister

buttersister

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2005 @ 11:10 AM

Chicago Tribune BG interviews

For her Jan. 21 feature on the new Battlestar Galactica, Maureen Ryan spoke to Ronald D. Moore and Richard Hatch. Just scroll down past all of the TWoP mentions in other stories. *g*

(Not sure if this is a section that requires free registration.)

Edited by buttersister, Jan 20, 2005 @ 11:14 AM.

LJC

LJC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2005 @ 11:52 AM

link deleted.

Edited by LJC, Jan 24, 2005 @ 3:18 PM.

llmtax

llmtax

Posted Jan 21, 2005 @ 12:12 PM

USA Today weighs in on "Water," and Richard Hatch's guest star appearance:

http://www.usatoday....cs-corner_x.htm

TanTan

TanTan

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 21, 2005 @ 12:14 PM

Up at AICN, Herc has declared that he likes BG more than Lost--which, from Herc, is high praise indeed. He's repeatedly named Lost the "best" show on TV (he's rather easy with that title, I've noticed).

Article is here--beware of spoilers on episode 1.3! http://www.aintitcoo...ay.cgi?id=19187

(Strega, shield your eyes, apologies for linking to this visually painful site)

LJC

LJC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2005 @ 1:00 PM

link deleted.

Edited by LJC, Jan 24, 2005 @ 2:31 PM.

Stryder

Stryder

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 24, 2005 @ 8:14 PM

This website features a letter (about halfway down the page) from Richard Hatch regarding his decision to participate in the new BG; as well as his feelings about the new series and continued hopes for a sequel to the old one. I must say I find his dedication to the original series… kinda weird.

Edited by Stryder, Jan 24, 2005 @ 11:43 PM.

beakermuppet

beakermuppet

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 8:47 AM

There is a review of Episode 1-13: Kobol's Last Gleaming Part Two here.

It is full of spoilers so the spoiler sensitive should give it a miss.

ETA: I must learn to type

Edited by beakermuppet, Jan 25, 2005 @ 8:47 AM.

Aurelian

Aurelian

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 2:32 PM

Entertainment Weekly has a quick review of "Act of Contrition" in its new issue (The Swank/Eastwood cover). I'm sure it's also on the website, but you'll need a password to get to it. Read it to see the reviewer do a tongue-in-cheek attempt to explain the plot to the non-sci-fi audience, making it sound like a bad movie of the week in the process.

For the record, they give the episode a B.

Edited by Aurelian, Jan 25, 2005 @ 2:34 PM.

akg

akg

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 6:44 PM

This week's code for ew.com is tvreport if anyone is interested.

LJC

LJC

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 7:44 PM

SyFy Portal's got an editorial up, begging SciFi Channel to renew the show. And Cinescape's TV columnist has two small blurbs about last week and this week's eps.

Edited by LJC, Jan 25, 2005 @ 7:44 PM.

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2005 @ 8:04 AM

TV Guide's Matt Roush currently has a review of BSG.

llmtax

llmtax

Posted Jan 31, 2005 @ 12:28 PM

More good comments from TV Guide's "Watercooler":

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/watercooler/

Khakiass

Khakiass

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2005 @ 12:25 AM

[Please read the topic name again. The show needs to at least be mentioned for something to be on-topic here. -- Strega]

Edited by Strega, Feb 2, 2005 @ 9:42 AM.

Nuallain

Nuallain

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2005 @ 4:00 AM

Just to give a word to Beakermuppet's warning that his link is super-spoilerific in the literal sense (the info there could definitely spoil your enjoyment of the entire rest of the season).

I was going to pull out a quote from it that I thought everybody would like for its brilliance, but I've decided to play it safe. Suffice to say the BBC thought the finale was very, very good.

Edited by Nuallain, Feb 2, 2005 @ 4:07 AM.

catoblepas

catoblepas

Posted Feb 2, 2005 @ 9:53 AM

http://www.inktank.c...ex.cfm?nav=1088

LOL