You Know You're Obsessed With Slop When...

• Please log in to reply

2377 replies to this topic

orchidgal

orchidgal

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

I was at Lowe's today and saw a bunch of nutcrackers on a shelf. Guess who I thought of?

I can't pass a nutcracker display any more without thinking of our dear cracked Aunt Sandy!

jcbrown

jcbrown

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:00 PM

I was at Lowe's today and saw a bunch of nutcrackers on a shelf. Guess who I thought of?

But did you name them and give them all backstories?

Edited by jcbrown, Nov 18, 2012 @ 7:01 PM.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted Nov 23, 2012 @ 5:31 PM

Today I went for a hair appointment. I've been going to this guy for just short of a year, so I had no idea how/if he decorated his salon for Christmas. When I pulled up, staring at me from the windows were rows and rows of nutcrackers! The building must have been a retail shop previously because it has one of those types of windows that was designed for display purposes. I was shocked. I didn't want to see my stylist observing me with a slack-jawed stare, so I quickly went in. Inside, he had on either side of the window, only facing the clients, two banners, each one must have been 10-12' with one full-sized nutcracker on each banner. In the window, he also had a little Christmas tree with nutcracker ornaments.

I don't know this guy that well, so I didn't dare bring up SLOP because he 1) wouldn't know who she was or 2) be offended that I'd compare him to her. I tried to subtly ask him about the collection, but he didn't say much. Like I wouldn't dare ask him if they had names or professions. All he said was that he didn't like "themed" nutcrackers, only traditional ones. He's been collecting them for 20 years and many of them were gifts from clients.

I tried to take some pictures with my phone, but it was nearly impossible because of the light and that there is a huge awning over the window, not to mention the reflection of passing cars.

That made my day!

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Nov 24, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

Was it the one that had the ones of Biblical proportions and one that looked like Bjorn?

ubi

ubi

Stalker

Posted Apr 28, 2013 @ 9:12 PM

YKYOwSW... you wonder if this is how SLop got started after watching this scene in the newest ep of Bob's Burgers.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2013 @ 8:51 PM

YKYOwSW when:

Somebody posted this recipe on Facebook:

MISSISSPPI ROAST
By far the best recipe I have tried. I wont make a roast any other way now. Mississippi Roast - - Put chuck roast in crock pot, Sprinkle with dry Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix, add packet of dry McCormick Au Jus mix, a stick of butter, 5 pepperoncini peppers. DO NOT ADD WATER. Cook on low for 7-8 hrs  What size of roast would you use anyway to absorb all of that sodium and fat?

The poster raved that it was the best. roast. ever.  This could be in a multiple tie for SLOP. Ree, Pauler and Sunny.

ragstoriches

ragstoriches

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 4, 2013 @ 6:27 PM

What the heck?  I posted here earlier and now it's gone.

Anyway, on the box of a toy I bought earlier today were these words, "Get ready for a fin-tastic discovery!"  It's like SLop herself wrote it.

snoopval

snoopval

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 19, 2013 @ 7:09 PM

I have to say this is SOME list. What is up with this woman's wierd verbal ticks?