Sandra Lee In The Media

• Please log in to reply

7566 replies to this topic

ragstoriches

ragstoriches

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

ragstoriches - LOL - I thought that was the real name of the dish. Man, I need some more coffee - lol

LOL. Yeah, it's a Mex-Over, whatever that is. I started wanting to punch her in the mouth if she used that term one more time...and she did. *sigh*

They must have done something to that K-Mart picture because I see no boobs whatsoever. Or maybe it was the apron. Who knows?

orchidgal

orchidgal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

It appears Aunt Sandy is shilling Ortega products now. Don't ask me why.

Yeah, I turned the page in the coupon booklet that accompanied the Sunday paper a couple of weeks ago and I yelped. Geez, an ad with Aunt Sandy's picture should come with a warning!

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:48 PM

I finally remembered to watch the videos. Thanks, ragstoriches, for putting up the links. What a riot. She had on a different white top in each one. What a nut!

MrsClaus

MrsClaus

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

I haven't bought a packet of taco seasoning in at least ten years. I have a very good taco recipe that uses onions, jalapenos, chile powder, cumin, other fresh stuff. (If anybody's interested, let me know and I will look the recipe up at home.) My son ate tacos made with a packet at a Boy Scout event and was horrified to find out that they just taste like salt. Well, duh, that's the main ingredient!

I'd be interested in the recipe.

DH and I were in K-Mart the other day and when I saw all of her stuff I told him I was boycotting her just like I did Martha Stewart's stuff. He just laughed cause he's seen her shows.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

MrsClaus, check your messages. The recipe is on its way.

InnerCanuck

InnerCanuck

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 4:45 PM

Does anyone else watch E!'s (that looks really weird & wrong!) Fashion Police? SLop beat out Martha Stewart in their "Bitch Stole My Look" segment, with Martha & Snads wearing the same dress at different events. First aired Friday, May 4 and will air a few more times on E! over the next couple of days, plus online...

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:06 PM

Oh, I enjoy Fashion Police, but I don't make a point to seek it out (I do watch it post-Emmys, though.) I'll find out when it's on again and tape it. (I can always use a LIMITED dose of Joan Rivers and I like Guliana Rancic and Kelly Osborne.) I can't imagine an outfit that BOTH Martha and SLOP would choose. They seem to have very different styles. I don't think I've ever seen a photo Aunt Sandy out in public or at some event where she hasn't looked ghastly.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

I've never watched the show, so thanks for pointing it out, InnerCanuck. The dress worn by both SLop and Martha is shown here. It kind of looks like it was made from a tablecloth, and an ugly one, at that. It is definitely not Sandy's usual style although it is white. On Martha, it just looks several sizes too big and not flattering at all. Wonder who their stylists were? And whether they got fired for this snafu?

Edited by vera charles, May 6, 2012 @ 6:01 PM.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

I concur that it's not that beautiful of a dress. Certainly nothing I'd personally choose. I had a sort of Egyptian feel to it. BTW, I voted for Martha. I think what made the dress look like it was too big was because of the way Martha was standing. It looked like the photographer caught her in mid-stride. I liked Martha's shoes better and even though I am probably in the minority, I believe that women of and over a certain age, should wear some type of stockings,especially with a short frock.

Sandy's legs looked pretty bad; very bony and knock-kneed, plus, it looked like she set the spray-tan gun to "11," (hee! old "Spinal Tap" joke.) Her problem is that she obviously hasn't been coached on how to best pose for the cameras. She always has that awkward (all flaws exposed) full-frontal view. Most models, actresses and MAJOR celebrities, have learned how to slightly turn their bodies to provide the most flattering view of their figures.

So Sandy is only 45? I swear that when SH aired what six or seven years ago, the was deemed to be 43.

qvole

qvole

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Martha Stewart has always been a good-looking woman & still is -- naturally, without lots of makeup, obvious botox/plastic surgery, bleached hair, bony/thin figure, etc. No contest, in my view. And she can actually cook!

orchidgal

orchidgal

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Don't hate me, but I had to vote for SLop. But only because Martha looked like she was actually wearing the table cloth. And one from a huge banquet table at that. At least SLop's dress looked like it fit her. So she only won by default. I know, I'm so ashamed. But considering that I hate Martha even more than I hate Sandy, eh, I guess I don't feel all that bad after all. And as grisgris pointed out, I can still make fun of Aunt Sandy's knobby knees.

ETA: I came across this picture of our dear Aunt Sandy at the Gala, whatever that is. I hate to say it, but compared to some of the dresses that the other women wore that night, this was rather tame and downright attractive. *shudders*
ETA again that the caption under the photo if you scroll way down reads: "Damn. Someone’s been skipping the cocktails and tablescapes and spending more time working out."

Edited by orchidgal, May 8, 2012 @ 9:37 PM.

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

I watched Fashion Police tonight and SLoP won for the reason described, that Martha's dress was too big. Kelly and Guliana thought Martha's hosiery looked cheap and Joan said that Sandra's dress was cinched at the back of the waist by a "chip clip." Best line: Guliana, "I don't like either bitch!"

orchidgal

orchidgal

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

Isn't it sad when we have to think that Aunt Sandy actually looks halfway decent in something? But I have to say that after seeing her in the dress at the Gala, I do think that gold is really her color instead of her trademark white. Gah, somebody get me a cocktail now! Or better yet, a bourbon and water, stat!

grisgris

grisgris

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

I do agree that it was a pretty dress and was a better choice than some of the other monstrosities, like Sarah Jessica Parker, to name one of many. The gold is a very flattering color choice for her. Very few women can get by wearing stark white.

However, couldn't SLOP have found some of those push-up cup things or at the very least, a strapless bra? The shoulders and the neckline of the dress were conducive to a strapless bra. Damn, those pudding cups were nearly down to her waist.

Really, please, dear, stop messing around with your face and get a good reduction and lift. I'd think she'd have terrible neck, shoulder and upper back pain from hauling those puppies around. She'd look (and probably feel) so much better if she had a nip/tuck.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

She'd probably feel better if she just wore a supportive bra. Goodness know, she'd look better.

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:13 AM

I'm going to speculate she's about a 30H bra size. I'll wager she goes braless because she thinks they're less noticeable when they're not protruding like the prow of a ship. And I'll also bet when they're up where they should be, it's hard to see around them when she's "cooking" on her "show." What she doesn't realize is they look ridiculous swinging at her elbows.

SnarklePuss

SnarklePuss

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

From the Los Angeles Times's coverage of the Daytime Emmy technical awards:

Outstanding Achievement in Live & Direct To Tape Sound Mixing
"The Oprah Winfrey Show," syndicated and "Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee," Food Network

Considering the excessive use of voiceovers in Sandy's show, they must have scored this based on degree of difficulty, kind of like diving.

vera charles

vera charles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 20, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

The Semi-ho sound crew is the hardest working group in television. Making Sandy's babbling into something that kind of makes sense would be nearly impossible.

ragstoriches

ragstoriches

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 10:48 AM

Hooo boy...guess what new shows Sandy will be doing now! "Restaurant Remakes" on FN (are there really THAT many restaurants who are willing to have Sandy screw up their menu items?) and "Cocktail Club" on the Cooking Channel, where she can go out and get drunk and get paid for it.

SLoppy's New Shows

Actually, come to think of it, the restaurants might be enthusiastic about this. They can use it as a promotion. "You can have Sandy's second-rate slop, or you can come to our restaurant and get the real thing!"

SnarklePuss

SnarklePuss

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

So is she going to pal around with Guy and show us how to Semi-Ho the recipes that the various DD&D cooks show us?

orchidgal

orchidgal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Wonder how she'll get around the establishment's attempting to sue her for slander/defamation/loss of business,etc. after the episode airs? Wonder how long it will be before the restaurants get together to get Aunt Sandy?

ragstoriches

ragstoriches

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

Wonder how she'll get around the establishment's attempting to sue her for slander/defamation/loss of business,etc. after the episode airs? Wonder how long it will be before the restaurants get together to get Aunt Sandy?

I just had this image of a bunch of restaurant owners chasing after Aunt Sandy with torches and pitchforks. *snerk*

orchidgal

orchidgal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

I just had this image of a bunch of restaurant owners chasing after Aunt Sandy with torches and pitchforks. *snerk*

Now that, I'd pay to watch!

mousie

mousie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 7:20 PM

Let us not forget the infamous Ivar's episode from her early days. hehe

For those who were not around back then, SLop said she was remaking dishes from her "hometown" Seattle favorite restaurant. There was a lot of name dropping about "Ivar's chowder" and "Ivar's this-and-that" in the original episode. However, after the first airing, the episode was heavily edited with voiceovers and no mention of Ivar's remains.

Here's the old topic:
http://forums.televi...ic=3130460&st=0

SLop has also made a 21 Club burger and let's not forget that Mario, Bobby, Emeril and Tyler (her besties) have all shared their recipes with her for makeovers.

Thinking about it (too much, I know, need a new hobby), that Valentine dessert special from earlier this year was exactly what these new shows purport to be. They showed a clip of a chef at a nice restaurant making a dish and then Sandy made some awful concoction that was nothing like the original. She also had a segment on that show where she was getting drunk with a bartender at some trendy spot and then creating one of her own cocktail-time treats.

So the new shows are basically just a rehash of these old ideas. I will watch the Cocktail Show, though. That should be a hoot (or a Whoot!). I think we will need a new version of the bingo cards, with just cocktail related choices.

ragstoriches

ragstoriches

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Let us not forget the infamous Ivar's episode from her early days. hehe

For those who were not around back then, SLop said she was remaking dishes from her "hometown" Seattle favorite restaurant. There was a lot of name dropping about "Ivar's chowder" and "Ivar's this-and-that" in the original episode. However, after the first airing, the episode was heavily edited with voiceovers and no mention of Ivar's remains.

Darn, I wish I could see that episode now. Sandy serves her guests imitation crab and thinks it's no different from the real thing? And insists they will be "stunned" by these concoctions? (Yeah, I bet they will!) Oh why oh why can't FN indulge those of us who came into SLop late and show those old episodes?

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Sandra Lee won the Daytime Emmy for OUTSTANDING LIFESTYLE/CULINARY HOST

luvmymeena

luvmymeena

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 9:03 AM

I'm speechless... who'd she deep-throat to *win* this??

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

Oh, hell no! I just threw up a little bit, well, a lot, really. That is totally f*ed up.

mousie

mousie

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

So it's true, the world is coming to an end this year . . .

I can't believe she beat Giada and Paula, so catfight!

Has anyone found a picture? I want to see the Emmy award winning fashion statement.

ragstoriches

ragstoriches

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

SLop MUST have given somebody an offer he couldn't refuse. Or maybe she threatened to cook for them if she didn't win. I can't think of any other explanation.

As the boobs slip further and further toward south of the border, she will probably have to rely more and more on the latter.