Random Gilmore Moments

• Please log in to reply

532 replies to this topic

Dreamz

Dreamz

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 24, 2013 @ 5:07 PM

Is this Rory's letter? I thought of Rory as soon as I read this, substitute nursing degree for journalism though. Interesting replies too especially from metoo and rayinkorea.

quarter-life crisis

javajunkie86

javajunkie86

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2013 @ 11:50 PM

I was driving through my hometown and notice a business that said Gilmore Finanical. It made me think of Richard and his insurance business.

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 1, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

As soon as I saw this title, all I could think about was Rory!

Old Book Smell

Limonali

Limonali

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

We had a random lost bird literally fly into our apartment one day.
It sat on the shelf for like 20 minutes, being far too lost and not knowing how to get out.
It looked so loony. We called it Kirk. 

Taryn74

Taryn74

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 4:15 PM

It looked so loony. We called it Kirk. 

Ha!  That's hilarious.

Starhviewer

Starhviewer

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 10:04 AM

The other day I overheard a woman calling her child "Lorelai".  I had to ask who the child was named after and I was told "from a tv character on Gilmore Girls". 

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 29, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

Clicked on a yummy looking pasta dish on Pinterest today, which led me to a blog called Jam Hands. Of course, you all know the first thing that popped into my head, and it turns out that yes, that's exactly where the name came from!

Dreamz

Dreamz

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 31, 2013 @ 3:33 PM

I volunteer at a charity shop and this afternoon we got a big box of toys as donations. As I was sorting through, out flew a Bop-It!!! I had the strongest urge to just flick, twist and damage it since I watched R&R last evening. The bloody Bop-it brought back memories of Dean and his shaggy hair, yuck!!

Eledgy

Eledgy

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 11:35 AM

Scroll down and take a look at the first vendor listed:  Maybe they took that boat trip to Maine and never came back?

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 4:22 PM

And he sold the diner to Kirk. After all he has the hairnet.

Taryn74

Taryn74

Stalker

Posted Aug 21, 2013 @ 7:25 PM

Tee hee hee hee.

Eledgy

Eledgy

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 4:19 PM

This was the subject line of an email I got from my local independent bookseller:

Free Starbucks Gift Card On Us W/Purchase of Lauren's New Book

I thought, what an apropos promotional item for Lauren!  Alas, wrong Lauren--turns out the author in question is a Lauren Myracle--looks like she's a well-known YA author.

javajunkie86

javajunkie86

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2013 @ 10:04 PM

They're shy. So what? "I'm shy, not broken. I'm not 'Tiffini from marketing' with her stilettos and neon skinny jeans. Accept that. Don't tell me to 'fake it 'till I make it' or 'just be yourself.' I am being myself. And myself does not need to impress anyone in order to feel content. I can be a whole person and still prefer to stay home, drink tea, and watch a 'Gilmore Girls' marathon." – Sarah Aiken

I loved this quote.

Oly

Oly

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 18, 2013 @ 3:04 PM

I saw this online and all I could think was of Sookie and Lorelai complaining about the "purple purple purple" designer...

http://www.tickld.com/t/417488

Taryn74

Taryn74

Stalker

Posted Nov 18, 2013 @ 4:06 PM

Um, wow.  I was going to say I might could handle one room of it, but I don't even know about that.

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 10:32 AM

Nearly choked on my tea while reading "Ask Amy" this morning:

http://www.tmsfeatur...tnaa-a_20131228

I especially loved that the first piece of advice she had for this guy was to tell his significant other. (And that the second is to see a lawyer.) Where was this common-sense approach during Season 6?!?!?! This Amy needed to advise the other Amy!

Eledgy

Eledgy

Fanatic

Posted Dec 28, 2013 @ 1:01 PM

I especially loved that the first piece of advice she had for this guy was to tell his significant other. (And that the second is to see a lawyer.)

I've got a few "fixing season 6" fic ideas floating around in my head--I think I'll add this tidbit to the list!  Thanks for sharing, DFC!  

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 6:21 PM

So I'm wandering around Best Buy yesterday, looking for something that I was ultimately too clueless and lazy to find, when I came across a "deluxe" DVD set of every Billy Jack movie ever made! For one wild moment, I almost bought it. So what if I'd almost certainly find every second of it utterly awful---how could I miss the opportunity to see something that inspired such enthusiastic, passionate Lorelai/Rory mocking?! 

I wonder if the very, very few buyers of that set will all turn out to be GG fans :) Honestly, I'd never heard of Billy Jack before the show.

I've got a few "fixing season 6" fic ideas floating around in my head--I think I'll add this tidbit to the list!

Hee---I can't wait to read what you come up with! I can pretty much guarantee that I'll prefer it to the season we got in reality :) 

Taryn74

Taryn74

Stalker

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 8:41 PM

Billy Jack!  OMG I totally would have bought it LOL.

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2014 @ 1:27 PM

Couldn't resist pinning this to my "Things Lorelai Would Say" board on Pinterest:

http://www.abundanth...-designs-august

"Feed Me and Tell Me I'm Pretty."

Eledgy

Eledgy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 12:37 PM

Finally, a definitive outside source to tell us if Lorelai should have been with Luke, Christopher, Jason, Max, Alex, or happily single:

Study: Women most attracted to guys in trucks

(The link to the actual study seems to not be working, which is just as well because Linda Holmes' analysis is hilarious, and you should all be reading her every day anyway, IMHO!)

This part particularly tickled my GG-loving heart:

"A woman walks up to a black pickup truck and says to herself, 'Here's a guy who can help me move, bring me large gifts from Crate & Barrel and do repairs around my condo.'"

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 1:28 PM

"Come date me, Captain Pickup!" This is hilarious! Thanks for posting!

Taryn74

Taryn74

Stalker

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 2:35 PM

UPS trucks and mail trucks both made the list, that killed me.  Hey, Kirk has a chance too!  Wahoo!