Scandinavia

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

17 replies to this topic

thigeroo

thigeroo

Video Archivist

Posted Dec 17, 2004 @ 9:27 PM

I know that some people tried this before, but I think it's been a while...
Anyone in Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen, hey even Thorshavn or Reykavik get to join in on the fun if you want to. Generally people has been deferred to the London con, but come on we must be more than that, right?
I'm in Copenhagen, but I regularly go to Stockholm and I will be up for any kind of get-together.
If you feel the same way, we might come up with something you know...

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2005 @ 2:19 PM

Whaddayaknow, another Scandinavian TWoPer!

Hey, thigeroo, good to meet you! I'm in Stockholm myself, and I would love to go to Copenhagen or Oslo or Helsinki to meet up.

Or, well, I'm usually in Stockholm. Right now I'm spending the spring term at an English college. But when I get back home again, we'll talk, OK?

I know we're not the only ones, and if we're very patient, maybe we can bring out all the other vikings from the woodwork... ;-)

thigeroo

thigeroo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2005 @ 6:37 PM

Well, no one else has responded by now, but I'm sure there must be others right? Well, let's see if we can round up anyone else and come up with something...

Nutgirl

Nutgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 23, 2005 @ 4:46 PM

Surprise of the day....That will teach me not to ignore topics because I'm sure that it won't have any relevance to me. I just never imagined there would be a chance of a Scandinavian TWOP Con, so I have never poked around here before.

As for the important stuff - I live in Copenhagen, so that makes two of us. And I know there are other Twoppers based here as well.

Kanel, are you back from England yet?

Edited by Nutgirl, Jul 23, 2005 @ 4:49 PM.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2005 @ 5:02 PM

What is this? The Danes are taking over the boards! Run awaaaay!!

Just kidding. ;-)

Nutgirl, never underestimate the influence of Tubey! Although, I've been around for two and a half years and still haven't been able to rustle up more than a handful of Scandinavians, so I don't blame you for ignoring this thread.

So, speaking of TWoP cons, there is actually one in the works in about a month, but it's specifically an X-Files one, with myself, Nofret (she's from Copenhagen too) and Live Bait from Norway. Unfortunatly, we've only got limited space (we'll be at my tiny apartment in Stockholm), or we'd invite everyone. Sorry about that.

It does look like a general Scandinavian TWoP con is called for, though, and Copenhagen seems like the place to have it - what do you think?

Live Bait

Live Bait

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 24, 2005 @ 7:28 AM

Just wanted to come in and say hi! I’m Norwegian, living in Bergen, and I usually post in the X-files forum.

A general Scandinavian TWoP in Copenhagen could be fun – should we have a Scandinavian topic? (Kanel, we could bring Dod Kalm – the only X-files episode to take place in Scandinavia!) Or not. ;-)

Thigeroo, Nutgirl – which forums do you usually post in?

Perhaps we could do a mixture of all our favourite shows at the Con?

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2005 @ 9:24 PM

A Scandinavian theme... Might be interesting. I see Jennifer Garner from Alias stumbling forth some Swedish, and that weird [/i]Buffy[/i] ep where they spoke... some sort of Scandinavianish jibberish. And now I'm stuck in this mental (and auditory) nightmare. Help!

Perhaps we could do a mixture of all our favourite shows at the Con?

I think that's a great idea! I'll volunteer to bring some Farscape!

No, I don't care if you don't like sci-fi. This is GOOD sci-fi. ;-)

Nutgirl

Nutgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 30, 2005 @ 5:19 PM

Posting, what is this posting, you speak of? Oh, right, I'm doing it! I sure hope it isn't addictive. I'm in it for the recaps - mostly - and very rarely post anywhere. I have been known to post in the late Enterprise-forums, which explains the meagre results a search on my profile comes up with.

No, I don't care if you don't like sci-fi. This is GOOD sci-fi. ;-)

Resistance is futile.

On a practical note - first order of business should be finding a date / timeframe for a get-together. I'm fine with Copenhagen as the location, surprise, surprise, but my place isn't really an option due to the lack of VCR and DVD capability at the moment. Ahem, long story. And getting together in a café or restaurant for a couple of hours probably works fine for the Copenhagen-crowd, but somehow I just don't see the rest of you flying in for that.

Any thoughts on that?

Note to self: Check this thread often

NuclearFunk

NuclearFunk

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2005 @ 2:27 PM

Hey there fellow Scandinavians, and especially you, Live Bait! I live in Bergen, Norway too, and I frequent the Six Feet Under & Lost forums.

Nofret

Nofret

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 25, 2005 @ 6:31 AM

Hi there, fellow Scandinavians!
So cool that you've started a thread for us here. And a special 'hej!' to thigeroo and Nutgirl - you're the first fellow Copenhagen TWoPpers I've encountered!

I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days, but I have been active in the X-Files forum and am occasionally active in the wonderfully snarky and hilarious thread Little House on the Prairie - Pa, Ma and that mime that raped Sylvia. Oh, and my previous poster's name (which I had to change after getting accidentally un-registered during a site reconstruction) was StrawberryMoose.

Obviously, I'd be happy to have a Scandinavian con here in Copenhagen - would be great to meet you all! - even if I wouldn't be able to host it either, seeing as I live in a teeny, tiny little rented room.

Edited by Nofret, Sep 25, 2005 @ 7:54 AM.

Ulle

Ulle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 25, 2006 @ 4:51 PM

Wow! Look what I find just because I'm curious of words I don't understand (TWoPcon, obviously).

I live just outside Lund (south Sweden, not that far from Copenhagen, for those of you who -- like me -- really didn't like geography in school). On TWoP I live mainly in Gilmore Girls and Project Runway, but am a major lurker! This is perhaps my third post ever... =)

Would be cool with a TWoPcon, but it seems that my tastes are somewhat askew to the general direction here. In theory I like sci-fi too, but am much too easily frightened to be able to watch something like the X-files. I think I watched Farscape once, the whole first season since I had heard it was so very good and wanted to give it a chance... Now, please don't kill me, and I totally realise you may feel the same about my favorite shows (see above), but my God, that sucked, blew and all things in between! ;-)
(It's the one with the living ship and the little alien on a flying scooter right?)

But by all means, perhaps I just didn't get it, and there is still hope for me. Perhaps I just needed the experts to show me the light! =)

Anyway, Copenhagen is absolutely convenient for me, sometime in the distant future when I again have a life. But we still seem rather few, and in desperate wont for a more specific place than which city? I'll keep my eyes open for scandinavian colloquialisms in english and send any suspects I find over to this thread.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2006 @ 1:12 PM

Yay, a fellow Swede! Ulle, I'm in Stockholm, so we're not that close, but send me an e-mail! My address is in my profile.

And, just to set your mind at ease, I'm into Gilmore Girls, too, not just sci-fi. ;-)

Lady B

Lady B

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2006 @ 6:22 AM

The Danes are indeed taking over.

I'm in Copenhagen and I volenteer to bring CSI or TV Total (Pro7 show).

Karoline

Karoline

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2006 @ 8:10 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm Karoline, from Norway and probably younger than most of you guys (sixteen).

I would love to join in on a TWoP con in Oslo! I post all around the forums, especially in Supernatural, Veronica Mars, The Office and CSI.

Aequitas

Aequitas

Channel Surfer

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 7:23 AM

Hiya.

I'm Matilda, and I'm from Stockholm. And don't worry Karoline, I'm just seventeen. A Scandinavian TWoP con sounds awesome. Count me in! :D

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 1:59 AM

Hey, another Stockholmer! Det har jag väntat på länge! :-)

Send me an e-mail, Aequitas! I'm a lot older than 17, but we should still meet up for coffee or something.

Xebeche

Xebeche

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 29, 2006 @ 11:50 PM

What, nobody from Finland? Come on!!

I seem to recall someone identifying themselves as Finnish, but that was a long time ago. And maybe it was on Fametracker. Eh. I'm in Helsinki, if anyone cares.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2007 @ 4:07 PM

Xebeche, a Finnish TWoPer is visiting me here in Stockholm next March. Of course, she's from Oulu, so not exactly close to Helsinki... But there are definitely other Finns out there. And by out there, I mean in here. :-)