The Tribe Has Spoken: Ratings and Scheduling

• Please log in to reply

154 replies to this topic

Lolita Swann

Lolita Swann

Fanatic

Posted Dec 16, 2013 @ 12:39 PM

Interesting. I was on Spotted Ratings and in the last 10 years, the only 2 cycles that weren't down from the year before (in 18-49 ratings):

Heroes vs. Villains

All-Stars

I guess for this show at least, having an all-returning cast is a boon. Notsomuch for certain other reality shows. Will they wait a few more years to get another AS?

It's unclear whether having only a partially returning cast has any effect on ratings for this show.

Edited by Lolita Swann, Dec 16, 2013 @ 12:42 PM.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2014 @ 11:50 PM

The ratings improved from last years February season. That's good news. They even (sorta) beat American Idol. Also, did anyone notice that torches are almost lowered into the ground at Tribal Council? They barely got the "two shot" of the voted of person & the torch. Of course, Probst might shrinking!? LOL!

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2014 @ 2:58 PM

Big news . . . the season finale is going to run on May 21, which is going directly against American Idol.

willgracefan

willgracefan

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 21, 2014 @ 7:05 AM

I love having the finale on a Sunday. I get together with out of town friends and we make a weekend of it. Going against American Idol doesn't make sense.

jefflovesamazingrace

jefflovesamazingrace

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 22, 2014 @ 6:47 PM

This'll be the first time the Survivor finale has not been on a Sunday since Season #5; and officially the first Wednesday finale since Season 1!