Reality Show Participants We Hate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

382 replies to this topic

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2010 @ 11:52 AM

Many of the people on Hoarders.

Simbas Uncle

Simbas Uncle

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2010 @ 10:12 PM

The Teufels, now that "Orange County Choppers" has been replaced with the new show. Paul, Sr. has gotten more grouchy and Paul, Jr. more petulant.

Katrinawitch

Katrinawitch

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2010 @ 10:09 AM

I hate her, too, and hate that she's one of the select club of million dollar "Survivor" winners. In fact, even though I also can't stand Randy, the misanthropic, nasty piece of work who made me cringe through his own season, I was disappointed that the Villains tribe voted him out instead of the ripe-for-picking Parvati.

Speaking of Survivor hate, I absolutely couldn't stand Jenna and her buddy Heidi, on the Amazon season. Heidi especially; the girl looked like a huge praying mantis, or alien of some sort (large head, but eyes, etc., but huge fake boobs, of course), but then went around saying that the older women were just jealous because they were so 'hot'. Gag! And then she and Jenna both took off their tops for a food challenge, when it wasn't even necessary. My hatred of them knows no bounds.

Then again, maybe I'm just bitter because I loved Rob C (from New York, not "Boston Rob"), and was sorry he didn't win.

Edited by Katrinawitch, Nov 5, 2010 @ 10:10 AM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2010 @ 2:13 AM

Is there anybody who doesn't hate Naonka by now? She steals shit, gives people grief when she's called on it, picks fights with a woman possessing a prosthetic leg, and basically does interviews like a warped stereotype. And when we get to a point where she would be rolled over at Tribal Council, she takes her ball and goes home. Really, she sucks. I'd be shocked if people didn't throw crap at her wherever she goes.

Edited by Lantern7, Dec 5, 2010 @ 3:15 AM.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2010 @ 3:10 AM

I get the Naonka hate, but it always weirds me out a little that people are like "And she's mean to the girl with one leg!" How many legs you have doesn't have much to do with how nice of a person you are. (Of course, Kelly did seem pretty cool, so it's kind of moot, but still.)

She is a horrid bitch, though, and it pissed me off that she was forever saying Kelly needed to go because she'd get pity from everyone. What the fucking fuck? Kelly was a stronger competitor than most of the people with both of their original legs, so getting rid of her at some point would have made sense, but seriously? She thinks she's a threat because she'd get the pity vote from the jury? Besides being poor game strategy (when there are two tribes, you want yours to NOT SUCK), it's just gross. Besides all that, Kelly isn't the first Survivor with an artificial leg. Chad (I think that was his name?) was never pitied or treated differently by his tribemates, so I assume these assumptions are coming from her own prejudices.

So, yeah, I don't think there's anything particularly wrong with not liking someone with one leg. But when you hate someone because they have a prosthetic leg, well, that's pretty fucking shitty.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Dec 7, 2010 @ 9:53 PM

I get the Naonka hate, but it always weirds me out a little that people are like "And she's mean to the girl with one leg!" How many legs you have doesn't have much to do with how nice of a person you are. (Of course, Kelly did seem pretty cool, so it's kind of moot, but still.)

I hate her because she's a fucking thief, and because she couldn't do her talking head interviews without insinuating physical violence, or throwing Kelly's leg into the sea. With all of that going on, she walked out with her tail tucked between her legs.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted Dec 8, 2010 @ 7:18 PM

Like I said in her thread on the Survivor board, I seriously think Naonka may become the first Survivor contestant to murder someone. The complete lack of empathy (especially in her farewell episode where she brags about hoarding a reward despite already announcing she was going to quit) really makes her look like a sociopath who thinks the world exists to please her, and anything she does must automatically be good just because it's her.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Dec 9, 2010 @ 4:09 AM

Definitely on board with that. While the attitude of "she hates the one-legged lady, who does that?!" rubs me the wrong way, I'm sure as hell not arguing that the woman is not an epic piece of work. She seriously frightens me.

The Mad Maple

The Mad Maple

Stalker

Posted Dec 10, 2010 @ 4:22 PM

I hear you. I'm modding the mafia game over in the Rec Room right now, and I was thisclose to making Naonka the serial killer for the round. (I wound up going in a different direction, but still....)

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2011 @ 10:08 PM

I'm beginning to really dislike and resent Jamie from Top Chef All-Stars. She opts out of cooking/serving in the Elimination Challenges for the slightest pretext (I actually defended her for going to the hospital when she cut her hand, but that incident seems more the rule than the exception the longer the season goes on), then has the gall to act like an injured innocent when someone calls her on her 'story'. Basically, she's all 'how dare you accuse me of not cooking, just because I didn't actually cook anything!'. And even though I understand that the judges' can't eliminate someone because they were injured, and that the rules of a specific challenge might give someone a 'mercy' out, this week she was a key part of two of the bottom dishes, cooked nothing good - has she cooked anything good this season? - and still got to stand there and watch Casey pack her knives and go!

As you can probably tell, I'm really getting annoyed here.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2011 @ 10:56 PM

Jamie Oliver is pretty insufferable this season of his Food Revolution show. His crocodile tears just make me roll my eyes.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jun 5, 2011 @ 12:11 AM

Thinking about the latest Survivor . . . is there anybody worth hating? To wit:

Rob: I don't like him, because I feel he's overrated, and he had overstayed his welcome. But compared to a real stinker like Wee Russell, he's a saint. And I only hoped for an exhausted Rob to fall down the steps because it would have made the story deviate from the path that was carved by the sheer stupidity of the other castaways.

Phillip: I think he should get more pity than hate. The man is a lunatic, straight-up. I still can't believe he acted like an asshole at guaranteed himself an $85,000 payday . . . and thanks to getting one more vote than Natalie, he wound up "earning" more than $2,500 per day in the game driving everybody up a wall . . . all because Rob wanted to ride him to victory.

Natalie: who? Seriously, aside from her not being a teenager when the show launched, do you guys know anything about her?

Russell: he got broken like fine china. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

For pure hatred, I think Adam from the latest season of The Real World takes the cake. He got drunk, wrecked shit, stirred shit up, and fooled one of the girls (Naomi? Nany?) into thinking he had something deep within him. He didn't . . . and thanks to being an asshole, he got an invite to the next Challenge.

Edited by Lantern7, Jun 5, 2011 @ 12:12 AM.

BabyVegas

BabyVegas

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2011 @ 12:38 AM

I know he's a host, but I think Rocco DiSpirito constitutes a reality show participant and I have to go somewhere to hate on him. I know I'm late on the Rocco Sucks train, but I'm on board now. I made it through half an episode of his Top Chef-knockoff show and finally couldn't stand to watch his condescending, arrogant, smirky self any longer. It was genuinely making me angry. I don't give a flying fuck how many restaurants you have, how famous you are, there's just no excuse for being a dick to other people. And I know reality's the wrong place for me to be looking if I want to avoid dickishness, but Rocco achieved some next-level dickishness that I can't even describe. GTFO, Rocco.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jun 23, 2011 @ 11:16 AM

Save room on the hate train for Food Network Star's Howie and Penny, and Masterchef's Max.

Howie, a 'radio personality' who cheerfully admitted in talking heads - as well as to some of his competitors - that he wasn't a particularly accomplished cook, but saw the show as a ticket to making the move to tv, was eliminated in the first episode. However, before that happy moment, he contributed to the collapse of his team by a) his own incompetence (making gnocchi that was derided by every judge as gluey, icky and just plain bad), b) needing - in some cases demanding - so much help from his teammates that Jyll, who admitted later that she had made a mistake by helping him to that extent, was unable to plate her own dish c) was part of the chain of events that led to a third teammate, Vic, losing most of his food in a collision. Now, some of this was Jyll's fault (she admitted it), and some of it was at least partly happenstance (the collision). But when Jyll told Howie before they went before the judges that she felt she had helped him too much, he mocked her contention, saying that she 'hadn't done that much' for him. He repeated this before the judges, who ended up deciding that, whoever had done whatever, the bad gnocchi were reason enough to get rid of him Yay!

Sadly, Penny is still there. Poisonous Penny. A self proclaimed sex goddess of the kitchen, Penny is actually a hard-as-nails competitor who seems less sensual than soiled, and better suited for the stiletto knife than the 'stilettos in the kitchen' gimmick with which she started. She has since changed that to "Middle Eastern Mom" due to Susie Fogelson's happy reaction to Penny's mention of cooking for her daughters after her divorce. This had the happy effect of getting Penny to remove half her makeup and much of her 'sexy' mummery on camera (It was pretty gross). What hasn't changed is Penny's 'gameplay' - targeting competitors for elimination, either because she dislikes them (Alicia, who made the mistake of being a willowy blonde former model), is threatened by them (Orchid, who has gained praise from the judges for her warmth and good cooking) or is in a position where she needs someone nearby she's sure she can beat (Katie). Ironically, most of this would seem unnecessary, since she actually cooks pretty well, and has a culinary point of view (middle eastern) that I, at least, find fascinating. Penny's most recent antics include scrounging through a trash can - on camera - to demonstrate how terrible her competition's cupcakes were, and making gagging noises and gestures - again, on camera. Stay classy, Penny.

Then there's Max, an eighteen year old college student who talks about his 'privileged' background and fine palate whenever the opportunity presents itself - and the producers make sure it presents itself pretty constantly. Max's snootiness and self-involvement could be dismissed as immaturity - and there's something to be said in favor of a young man who really wants to do something that's his, rather than just join Mom or Dad's company or enjoy his trust fund, plus he does seem able to cook really well. But his focused nastiness towards a number of competitors is off-putting, and when he derided a cafeteria challenge as 'low quality' and later jeopardized his team's efforts by putting raw, assembled burgers on a dirty tray that had held cookies with nuts, and defended himself saying "It's just cafeteria food... it's not as if it was fine dining..." I don't care how good his cooking is, I don't want him to win this thing.

Pepper the Cat

Pepper the Cat

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 24, 2011 @ 11:48 AM

I'm with you on the Penny train. Hope she goes soon! I would never watch a show she hosted anyway. I find her very crass and cheap looking.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jun 25, 2011 @ 4:38 PM

I had to just roll my eyes when, during the French cooking competition, Gordon Ramsay asked Max if he's traveled to France, and smarmy little privileged Max said, "Of course."

But then I laughed when he mispronounced the French name for the sauce he was making.

cal331

cal331

Fanatic

• Interests:Teevee, watching teevee, reading about teevee, and bitching about teevee.

Posted Jun 25, 2011 @ 8:27 PM

I'm with you on the Penny train. Hope she goes soon! I would never watch a show she hosted anyway. I find her very crass and cheap looking.

She's not that smart, though, flying her Bitch flag so proudly. This isn't Top Chef - she's trying to get hired here. Would the NFNS network execs really want to work with someone who is so toxic (and proud of it)? Not the best strategy in my opinion.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Jun 29, 2011 @ 2:27 AM

Since we're talking about cooking shows, goddamn I hate Jamie Oliver. I hate him. He's so smug, and his attitude tends to remind me of the people who are like "homeless people should stop sitting around being lazy and get jobs!" when he tries to "help" people make healthier food choices available to their customers/students/families. He's just so far removed from reality and has no idea. He's like a smugger male Gwyneth Paltrow. I just loathe him.

Batman Beatles

Batman Beatles

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2011 @ 12:09 AM

Yeah, I thought he went too far harassing the owner of the burger joint by bringing in this teenaged girl who had diabetes.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Sep 20, 2011 @ 9:10 PM

I hate Rachel Zoe. I hate this woman with a passion. I tried watching this show, and I just couldn't do it. She's annoying, treats her husband like shit, and she's just a stylist. She. puts. clothes. on. people. That's it. Designers that are eccentric, I get it. But she just buys clothes for and dresses her clients, and still acts like this.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:47 PM

Sorry to double-dip, but:

I hate Phi Phi O'hara (Jaremi Carey) from Rupaul's Drag Race. She screams at anyone who dares to tell her she's doing something she shouldn't, she plots against her fellow competitors, except for the fact that the editors regularly frame her statements that "_______ has no talent" with "______is the winner!", followed by her pouting. That makes it all bearable.

Tonight sort of sealed it for me, when she not only screamed down the rest of the remaining cast, but screamed down RuPaul (via two-way TV screen). She's just hateful, spiteful, and a vile human being.

killershrew

killershrew

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

Ha ha! When I saw there was a new post here I just knew it had to be about Phi Phi. She is so stank.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

Well, killershrew, it's the first time I've watch the Drag Race and literally HATED someone on the show. I've felt "meh" about some, and "wow, she's negative", but never bilious, Facebook-and-Twitter-stalking, write-an-angry-Tweet-to-Logo HATE. Because I have done this.