McLeod's Daughters

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

522 replies to this topic

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2006 @ 11:53 AM

I was reminded yesterday that WE always seems to take Felicity off the schedule (supposedly after running all the episodes) and brings it back to start it over again.

LightsOut

LightsOut

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 10:59 AM

Here's a link to Lisa Chappell's website where you can listen to the music from her new album. It's very "folksy." I like it!
Lisa Chappell Music

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2006 @ 1:27 PM

Wow. She's Tess!

Patrinky

Patrinky

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2006 @ 6:27 PM

Hi - I'm new to this thread (actually, I've been a voyeur!) and I was thrilled to find people who felt about MD the way I do.

I wrote a scathing letter to WE and this is their cookie-cutter reply:

"Thank you for contacting WE. The network has made the
business/financial decision that McLeod's Daughters run on WE will end
with season 3. The last episode aired on 4/1. We thank all the loyal
fans of the show for your support and we encourage you to visit the
official McLeod's Daughters website at
http://mcleodsdaught...ninemsn.com.au/ for information about
purchasing DVD's. They will only play on computers or region-free DVD
players which can be purchased at Wallmart and other stores. Some DVD
players can be made region-free using codes. Please read the
discussions about this on our talk boards for more information. We
expect the DVD's of this series to become available here in the U.S.
in the coming months and we'll post the purchase information on the
website as well as email fans of the show when plans are finalized. The
production company is looking into selling the show to other networks
here in the states. Lisa Chappell, the actor playing Claire wanted to
leave McLeod's Daughters to spend more time with her family so she was
written out of the show. Again, WE thank you for writing to WE.

WE: Women's Entertainment"

BTW - I read on Lisa Chappell's music website that she enjoys being single, but then recall reading somewhere that she's married and has a child? Clarification, anyone?

And kudos on a great site!

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 2:29 AM

When Lisa Chappell was on McLeods Daughters she got married and l thought she was still married haven't read anything in the magazines if she was separated.
Lisa is staring in a telemovie called Small Claims on sunday night at 8.30 pm on channel 10 here in australia.

Patrinky

Patrinky

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 11, 2006 @ 7:41 PM

I found some site called "McLeod's Daughters, The Shearing Shed" or something like that and a 2005 posting said Lisa separated from her husband. That's really too bad. Oh well . . . .

Let me know how she does in the telemovie . . . .

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2006 @ 4:04 PM

I just had Series 1 & Series 4 delivered to my door. I had a note saying that Series 2 & Series 3 were shipped separately.

So, do I watch Series 1 and relive good times or jump into Series 4?
Or both? LOL!

Ok, I'm giddy, I know.

Patrinky, welcome. I'm not surprised by WE's response. I love how they pushed all the fans off to ninemsn's site. The fans their were not amused by all the posts from frantic 'Yanks' over Claire's death. :/

Patrinky

Patrinky

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 8:42 PM

I still feel such a sense of loss over Claire's death but also about the end of the show as far as the US is concerned. All my life I thought I might want to be a farmer or a rancher and MD was my way of living my dreams without getting dirty, drenching or fighting emus. I hope another network picks up the show. If anyone hears about it - post it here!

Rielynn

Rielynn

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2006 @ 9:51 PM

I miss MD too. :( I didn't realize I would so much. And it's funny the things I miss - the accents, the hats, the gorgeous property of Drover's. Since I already read all the recaps up to date I've been also watching the little video recap clips on the ninemsn site. That gives me at least a little MD fix.

ETA: naneki78, you are a lucky duck! Personally, I'd start with season/series 1 and work my way forward...that way it will last longer. And season 1 had Constable Cook, Bob the Postie, Brick, and all the fun of watching a bumbling Tess learn the ropes. Good times!

Edited by Rielynn, Apr 18, 2006 @ 9:52 PM.

pixiegirl

pixiegirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2006 @ 1:21 PM

I got an email yesterday saying that MD will be released on DVD in the States in October 2006! There was no official date and no pricing info, but I am very excited!

LightsOut

LightsOut

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2006 @ 3:58 PM

I got an email yesterday saying that MD will be released on DVD in the States in October 2006! There was no official date and no pricing info, but I am very excited!

That's great news!!! I hope it's right! I am having some serious withdrawals...

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

Can someone help me?

What city did Tess return to when she left for a time? And why did she leave and then come back? I missed a few of those episodes due to a karoke addiction and visit to a friend who didn't have cable TV.

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2006 @ 2:40 AM

Do you mean when she left and thought that claire was with peter?
l think that could have been adelaide or melbourne.
l can't remember lol
When tess first came to drovers run it was melbourne.
l have been taping Mcleod's Daughters lately since there has been another show on called Thank God your here!
It has got very interesting lately!

enoon

enoon

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2006 @ 5:32 AM

What city did Tess return to when she left for a time? And why did she leave and then come back? I missed a few of those episodes due to a karoke addiction and visit to a friend who didn't have cable TV.

Tess returened to Melbourne to go into business with her friends to own and run a cafe. She left Drovers as Claire and Peter were getting serious, and everyone thought that Peter was going to propose. They all then found out that Peter was already married with kids, so Claire chucked him out, and Jodi sent Tess email's about it and she came back.

Here in New Zealand we are 3 episodes into season 6 and I've heard that season 7 has been commissioned in Oz. The season is kinda meh so far.

BTW - I read on Lisa Chappell's music website that she enjoys being single, but then recall reading somewhere that she's married and has a child? Clarification, anyone?

No, Lisa Chappel doesn't have a kid - she's single, but Bridie Carter (Tess) has a one year old boy - Otis.
And I, three ish years after Claire's death, still can't watch that episode. I skip straight to the next one. Even though I think Bridie's acting in it is amazing, I just can't watch it.

othkarwise

othkarwise

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 15, 2006 @ 3:37 PM

I know Lisa must have felt she had a very good reason to leave MD, but I sure wish she would have been happy being on the show for at least, uh..all the seasons it's been on!

I had been wondering what it would be like to watch MD without Claire and maybe it's a good thing for me that WE stopped the show after she left. I miss the show so much. It was my Saturday night pleasure.

Also, I did not know Lisa had gotten a divorce. She does strike me as the type of person who could be content being single. Hope the divorce wasn't a painful one.

Patrinky

Patrinky

Just Tuned In

Posted May 18, 2006 @ 9:58 PM

Hi - I'm having serious MD withdrawals, too, and I still have the last three episodes of Season 3 saved on my DVR. I thought the acting was so realistic I had to remind myself it was a show. I sure miss it and I agree - I wish Lisa had wanted to stay on the show - I can't imagine what it's like without her. I keep checking back here to see if anyone has any good news - like another US network picked up the show. I think it's worthy of PBS in the tradition of Ballykissangel or Monarch of the Glen.

LightsOut

LightsOut

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 11:25 PM

I just got an email from TVshowsonDVD.com saying that Season 1 will be released on DVD on October 3, 2006!

http://www.tvshowson...?ReleaseID=5995

LightsOut

LightsOut

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 10, 2006 @ 11:26 PM

Double post.

Edited by LightsOut, Jul 10, 2006 @ 11:25 PM.

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 11, 2006 @ 2:40 AM

McLeod's Daughters starts back here in australia tomorrow (wednesday) night after a month being off air.
Channel 9 usually takes it off for over month each year.
So hopefully they have some good episodes coming up.

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2006 @ 12:43 PM

Apple, how many episodes are left? Last I heard, Jodi had accidentally killed Harry Ryan in a car accident, Stevie learned that Fiona can't have children and Alex learned the real story behind 'Harry Ryan', so what is up and coming, and what has been the delay in Oz???

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 21, 2006 @ 2:54 AM

Of which season are you talking about?
l think australia is in season 6 or 7.
l think channel 9 takes it off for awhile so they can show other specials.
If you want to know about the episodes you were talking about you can go to the ninemsn website and download them for $1.95 or you can buy them the dvds off ebay.

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2006 @ 12:10 PM

I was wondering about Season 6, and how many are left.

Ninemsn website and my computer don't like each other, as far as downloading epis go. :(

I had heard there would be a Season 7, but I've also heard all the daughters are going to be gone, (Rachael Carpani is leaving?) as well as Alex Ryan (and with Harry dead and Nick & Tess gone, there go the Ryan's as well). So does that leave us with McLeod's Cousins? (Regan and Jasmine) Men who dated the McLeods? Neighbors of the McLeods? I know Posie is returning to the helm, or so I've read, I'm just worried about Season 7 and if it will get off the ground or not!

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2006 @ 2:34 AM

l think they are filming season 7,but australia won't see the episodes until next year.
Usually they take McLeod's Daughters off air in november when the ratings end for the year.
On channel 9 McLeods is the only drama being made and it is popular here and it is against a reality show called Honey we are killing the kids on channel 10.
It has been reported about Rachel Capani leaving in the mags but they said she is still around. So don't worry about it.
l don't really know how many episodes are left.

LadyC

LadyC

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 22, 2006 @ 8:25 AM

I'm in Australia and love McLeod's.

TV Week reported back in June that Rachel Carpani will return for Season 7, and Rachel thinks this will be her last. I've also just spotted that Dave is leaving the show as well ... it was in the same issue. Apparently the actor is doing a play and he said that he won't be back as he is heading overseas

Edited by LadyC, Jul 22, 2006 @ 8:27 AM.

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 25, 2006 @ 2:47 AM

Just a follow up about season 7 of McLeod's Daughters.
In this weeks australian tv week they said that season 7 will start filming next week after 9 weeks off.

Brian C

Brian C

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2006 @ 5:48 PM

Are there any other legitimate ways of downloading episodes other than ninemsn? Does ninemsn have a backlog anywhere? Because I'd love to get Season 5, but all they have on ninemsn is Season 6!

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 3, 2006 @ 3:42 AM

There might be a site where you can download episodes of season 5 of McLeods Daughters.
You just have to search for it or go to ebay to buy the season.
Here in australia they have taken off Mcleods to put on Mothers in war.
You could ask ninemsn if they do have backlog but you might have to pay for it

Brian C

Brian C

Fanatic

Posted Sep 3, 2006 @ 11:16 AM

Good idea! Paying is fine, I just want to get the episodes (I purchased the Australian DVD of Series 4, but I figure if ninemsn lets you download them for 2 bucks, then that'd be better than buying the DVD for Series 5).

Apple73

Apple73

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 4, 2006 @ 3:07 AM

It might be cheaper to buy series 5 of McLeods on ebay because there is a lot of epsiodes to get off and it could take a long time to download off ninemsn.
It might be expensive at $1.95 for each episode.
l forgot to say that McLeods would be off for a week and coming back next week l think.

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2006 @ 7:57 PM

Flipping through the channels the other morning I caught a horrible TV movie of Shirley Temple's early life. The little girl was just horrible. But her studio tutor looked familiar and then she showed up when Shirley left the studio and I recognized her, it was the actress who played Becky. She had a pretty good American accent. Anyone else seen her in it?