Jonathan & Victoria: TAR 6

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

3453 replies to this topic

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 7:07 AM

Another struggling marriage. Oh, goody.

MandolinViola

MandolinViola

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 2:23 PM

Something about this team just rubs me the wrong way. I thought they sounded obnoxious in their bios, and they look even worse in the previews. I'm guessing they're going to be the villains for this season.

baha0007

baha0007

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 2:29 PM

Pop Artist Painter/Model.

Jeez, shut up Victoria. For future editions of TAR can we leave the "/Model" off the job description ? There don't seem to be any teams left without it.

Mama Tiger

Mama Tiger

Stalker

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 2:57 PM

Everything about this team rubs me the wrong way. And don't forget, this is the team that Phil described on The Early Show as "the loudest team we've ever had on the Race." Oh, goody. More people screaming at each other and everyone else.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 3:12 PM

They're either annoying, or faking being annoying. Just so I can get it out of the way: shut UP, Jonathan!

joem

joem

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 3:24 PM

Bummer. I wanted to be the first to saySHUT UP JONATHAN

Albacore

Albacore

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 3:28 PM

I really don't get the "fake-out" strategy. They're going to pretend they aren't married and pretend they're younger than they are (good luck with that, btw) why, exactly? Aren't you better off in general if the other teams like you? It seems like a waste of energy to be lying all the time.

On the other hand, I appreciate that they seem like they're taking it seriously.

piperdown

piperdown

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 3:53 PM

They're going to pretend they aren't married and pretend they're younger than they are (good luck with that, btw) why, exactly?

I have no idea, the only scenario I see is going to be the other teams saying "Wow that team that is younger then they look, are really slow and out of shape for a team that's only [what ever their lie is]"

If they want to be underestimated, then tell the other teams that your sixty, and walk with a bit of a limp every now and then.

ETA: Albacore, your sister told me you got married. Congratulations...To think it all started on my birthday...even though I wasn't involved in any way

Edited by piperdown, Nov 16, 2004 @ 3:57 PM.

deimos

deimos

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 4:21 PM

I've revised my idea of this team since they've been talked about so much in interviews. I thought they might just be a prettier version of Lance & Whatshisname, just kind of there for the publicity. I keep hearing that Jonathan is the biggest fan of the show they've ever had on. But it seems that where most fans conclude that an eyes-on-your-own-paper strategy is best most of the time, he has decided that he's figured out how to game the system. Whether this will actually work remains to be seen -- they could be another team that spends its time scheming while everybody else spends their time buying the best bus tickets. I can't really see lying about one's age or marital status paying off that well.

It seems that generally people who come into reality shows with an elaborate plan have planned to play the villian. I guess it requires less cooperation from the other people on the show -- it's easier to make people hate you. From a viewer's standpoint, it tends to make them more annoying than entertainingly evil. There should be a Luck of the Evil exception for people who are trying too hard.

It Does Not Follow

It Does Not Follow

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 6:00 PM

FIRST IMPRESSION: Given the track records of “formerly married” couples (translation: divorced), the outlook doesn’t look entirely bad for them. Then again, who knows?

screamapiller

screamapiller

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 6:09 PM

Everything about this team rubs me the wrong way. And don't forget, this is the team that Phil described on The Early Show as "the loudest team we've ever had on the Race." Oh, goody. More people screaming at each other and everyone else.

I'm looking forward to how well that whole "Jedi Mind Trick" thing works for Jonathan in a Tanzanian jail....

KingsHearte

KingsHearte

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 7:55 PM

Aside from all the other perfectly good reasons to dislike these two, does anyone else see anything wrong with the following: "Let's have babies." "No, let's not." Etc. "Wow, these gruelling discussions are really putting a strain on our relationship. How can we fix this problem?" "I know! Let's go on The Amazing Race!" Haven't they ever heard of counselling?

Abelard

Abelard

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:04 PM

Geez. Jonathan is Colin without the charm.

Hate, hate, hatey-hate.

JohnnySunshine9

JohnnySunshine9

Video Archivist

• Interests:baseball and low-quality reality tv or documentary specials, pop culture crap that MTV puts on aimed at 12 year old girls. Let's be honest, I will watch anything that doesn't attack me first.

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:05 PM

Oh dear god! Jonathan needs anger management counseling stat. This couple makes me very, very sad. Jonathan's treatment of Victoria is appalling and he makes Colin's most insane moments seem tame in comparison. I absolutely despise Jonathan already and this episode is only half over. Despicable. Please, please, please be the first team eliminated, I can't stand to see this asshat on my screen any longer. He's absolutely terrifying.

kaikai

kaikai

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:05 PM

It's half an hour in and I HATE HATE HATE him already. What's with that high pitch, Jonathan? You have something against dogs?

Bix Bender

Bix Bender

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:08 PM

Oy, it's going to be a long season.

If the TAR Gods are listening, I know you came through for us vis a vis Alison and Donny, but we may need another early ouster miracle.

I hereby dub him "The Blue Meanie".

Toots

Toots

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:09 PM

Joining in on the passionate HATE for Jonathan. What an arrogant, obnoxious, loud-mouthed, mean, JERK!! As usual for me, I'm spending this first episode just trying to figure out who everyone is when it cuts from team to team so frequently and fast, but Jonathan had already managed to stand out and make an impression on me...a terribly negative one. He's way worse than Colin...at least Colin gradually got jerkier. This guy is Asshole Numero Uno right from the get-go. I cannot bear an entire season of him. Oh Tubbed One, please make it go away!!!

kakistos

kakistos

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:24 PM

Is it too early to say Johnathan is worse than Colin? Worse than Colin and Flo combined? SHUT UP, JOHNATHAN, SHUT UP!

robinette

robinette

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:34 PM

I mentioned this on another thread but I guess it should have been here.
Jonathan reminds me of the Gotti boys. I don't know if it is his eyebrows or his mouth.

ETA- Oh yeah Jonathan , SHUT UP!

Edited by robinette, Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:36 PM.

Lindsey23

Lindsey23

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:35 PM

OH MY GOD!!! What horrible, grating, obnoxious people! And that neon yellow shirt...

I shudder at the thought that they may one day reproduce.

robinette

robinette

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:37 PM

Lindsey...

I shudder at the thought that they might win.

Edited by robinette, Nov 16, 2004 @ 10:38 PM.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:49 PM

I hate Jonathan. However, part of me likes the fact that he is going to be the guy that I will love to hate. And I do hope he last for at least awhile. So I can route against him.

Pointe3579

Pointe3579

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:51 PM

I 100% dislike this team thus far. I am wondering did they do anything, but scream at each other during this first leg. I want them to be eliminated and eliminated soon, so we don't have to put up with their screeching week after week.

triggerhappyjack

triggerhappyjack

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:54 PM

Is it too early to say Johnathan is worse than Colin? Worse than Colin and Flo combined?

Come back, Colin! Come back, Flo! All is forgiven, I swear!

leew261

leew261

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:55 PM

Jonathan is the biggest jackass in the history of the Amazing Race. HATE!!!!!!!

mallycat17

mallycat17

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:56 PM

I think they're boat driver wanted to pull a Titantic and crash into one of the icebergs. They remind me a lot of Tara & Wil (even though those two weren't as intense or nasty to each other this early.) Jonathan's a little too enthusiastic for me, but hey, at least he's having fun and wants to win.

bubbaboy8

bubbaboy8

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:56 PM

Is it too early to say Jonathan is worse than Colin? Worse than Colin and Flo combined?

That's almost where I was going....I was originally thinking like the whiny-ness of Flo and the controlling of Colin, until I read the recaplet. Miss Alli got it right: Jonathan is Wil from TAR2.

Morningstar

Morningstar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2004 @ 11:57 PM

Johnathan gave me a headache with his yelling. Also, WHAT A DICK!

Layla71

Layla71

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 17, 2004 @ 12:00 AM

"I consider myself a mental magician." Hee.

screamapiller

screamapiller

Fanatic

Posted Nov 17, 2004 @ 12:03 AM

Is it too early to say Johnathan is worse than Colin? Worse than Colin and Flo combined?

No. No, it is not. What a horrible little man he appears to be. What the hell was up with all that badgering? "You need to keep up with my pace!" "Acknowledge me, please?" Whatever dude. I didn't dislike Colin this much in the first epi of TAR5.

The funniest thing? When he was trying to buddy up to Bolo with that "we could be super heroes" comment. Bolo looked like he was thinking "Dude, I crap bigger than you."