Mike & Mike in The Morning

• Please log in to reply

428 replies to this topic

LT

LT

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 10:56 AM

Does anyone listen to Mike & Mike on satellite radio? The commercials are always bizarre (lots of testosterone commercials which is interesting considering. . . sports) but this morning one of the commercials was for a tax preparation company and in the middle of the spiel the VO guy says "and all the glory goes to God." I really need to have someone else hear this as well because that's just nuts.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2013 @ 11:52 PM

I'm so happy that Duke won because that means Golic won their bracket wager. Greeny has to go through a Double Dare style obstacle course which he'll hate.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 8:35 AM

I'm a HUGE Duke fan so I was rooting for them regardless (and if the situation were reversed there is no way in hell I would root for Mich. St.) but the fact that the wager came down to that game is awesome because I want to see Greeny do this so badly. I haven't checked Twitter this morning to see what Greeny has to say about this but Golic started talking smack last night.

They haven't released the whole obstacle course but so far we know there is mud and eating your way through cake, which wouldn't bother Golic but Greeny is already apoplectic over.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 9:18 AM

I can't wait for this. Greeny was begging Tom Izzo not to lose that game. It's hilarious that Greeny is terrified of getting dirty while Golic is blase about facing shoulder surgery. Golic's bracket picks have been excellent he's at 90 percent picking teams.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

Golic's bracket picks have been excellent he's at 90 percent picking teams.

LOL, I'd say just the opposite. He fills out multiple sheets with multiple scenarios, so the right one will make him look like a genius. I like him a lot more than Greeny so I'm glad Golic won their bet but I have to give Greeny props for doing just one sheet and sticking to it.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Mar 30, 2013 @ 10:38 AM.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2013 @ 11:19 AM

Golic only did one sheet for the bracket challenge. He can be in as many private pools as he wants which would require multiple sheets.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 4:34 AM

Greeny's book came in the mail yesterday and I'm already almost done with it. It's such a surprise because he really did get the tone of a woman's perspective spot on. It's well written and very enjoyable.

And 100% of the proceeds go to The V Foundation so you can't go wrong there.

red huntress

red huntress

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2013 @ 5:10 AM

And 100% of the proceeds go to The V Foundation so you can't go wrong there.

That is 100% of the author's proceeds (good for Greeny!)

Glad to hear you thought it was a good book. I didn't know that Greeny had written fiction in the past and will be interested in reading this. He mentioned on the show that his wife and 2 other females (one in her 20's the other in her 60's) gave him feedback in the writing process and that the younger female told him that the term 'blouse' is not commonly used by younger females. More evidence of how old I've become!

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted May 4, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

Did everyone see Mike and Mike the Mess yesterday? It was hilarious Greeny got covered in slop and his family got involved. Clips are on the Mike and Mike page at ESPN.com.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 12:52 PM

To be honest I was a bit disappointed with the mess.  The "mud" didn't have enough dirt in it and so it was mostly dirty water (although there were some dirt in it), Greeny just dug his hands in the cake to find the "K", he should've been made to dive in it.  And Greeney stood between the buckets with the syrup and eggs in them so mostly just his sides got covered with them.  The only one that really lived up to my expectations was the "I".  Fortunately having to wear goggles and ear plugs disorientated him and that helped some. 

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2013 @ 8:48 PM

Greeny is such a germaphobe that it must have been torture for him. Did you hear his story about not going down the waterslide at Disney World? I think we know what the next bracket wager will be.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted May 9, 2013 @ 10:47 AM

Why wouldn't he go down a waterslide?

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2013 @ 1:57 PM

It was one of those where you freefall and he psyched himself out at the top.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 8:04 PM

Did anyone see the show this morning? I thought something was off with Johnny Damon he was very inarticulate. I entered the Mike and Mike contest today although I know I have a slim chance of winning. I think Golic's trip sounds more fun.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2013 @ 8:31 PM

Not only was Johnny Damon inarticulate, but he was dressed like he was stuck in the 80's.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

The Colorado Avalanche are 5 & 0. Wouldn't know it by watching this sports show or any of the other ones.

Some of us really do like Hockey!

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:41 PM

Football is the most popular sport in America(and hockey isn't even in the top three) and Sunday is the day the vast majority if games are played so Mike and Mike devote most if not the entire show on Mondays to football.  In addition one of the Mikes played in the NFL for nine years.  Add that all up and  yeah you're not going to hear a whole lot about Hockey on this show.  Especially on a Monday during the NFL season.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 2:48 PM

I wonder if the fact that ESPN doesn't cover hockey adds to the lack of discussion? I wish they had devoted more time to the Stanley Cup playoffs than the NBA playoffs/ We really didn't need segments on D Wade's clothes and Lebron James headband.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:37 PM

Blame the NHL for not renewing their contract with ESPN.  The same with arena football, once you're no longer on ESPN their coverage of you really suffers.  Fortunately for the NHL ESPN still covers them during Sportscenter,  For a long time I honestly thought the arena league had folded.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 11:59 PM

Mike Greenburg tweeted that he and Golic shot a commercial at his house today. His wife Stacy tweeted photos from the shoot including a photo of Golic with his children and their friends. You don't realize how tall Golic is until you see him with children. He's also lost so much weight since the early days of the show.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 7:12 AM

So this morning Greenberg told a story about how since both the Cards fans and the BoSox fans wear red you could tell the difference between them by how gracious and polite the Cards fan were and how snide and caustic the Sox fans were and his example was giving Greenie directions to the park.

I have no issue with the ridiculous pandering since he's in St. Louis and that's what you do and really does anyone think their group of drunks in their 20's is morally better than anyone else's drunk group of 20 somethings. 

It just cracked up with a mental picture of a pithy New Englander in Sox gear snapping at him for asking them directions, "Do I look like I live here, ask someone wearing a cardinal, douche!"

Edited by bosawks, Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:31 PM.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

Greenie never misses a chance to rip Boston if he can. He's very critical of Tom Brady on Twitter. 

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2013 @ 10:01 AM

I can't believe they spent almost the entire four hours talking about college football today. I got all that yesterday; I really wanted to hear NFL talk today.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2013 @ 2:42 PM

I was glad they talked about college football because I did not want to hear another diagnosis of what is wrong with my fucking, losing Redskins and RGII.

SeattleStorm

SeattleStorm

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 3:35 PM

Did anybody else watch the show this morning, specifically the segment with Bruce Bowen?

They were asking Mr. Bow-Tie his opinion on Kevin Durant, and Bowen compared him to Denzel Washington. I was confused by the initial comparison, and then when Bowen went into detail, saying that Durant needs to improve just like Denzel did, I completely lost focus (Bruce Bowen is impossible to understand on a good day). He was saying that Denzel did crap movies at the beginning of his career, but failed to name any of them.

Bruce Bowen went on to say that Denzel eventually improved his acting, and should have won an Oscar for his role in "Glory." He then added that he had to wait to win the Oscar for "Training Day."

Problem with his analogy, besides everything, is that Denzel did win the Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 1989 for "Glory" and then the Best Actor Oscar in 2001 for "Training Day." Perhaps Bow-Tie meant to say he should have won for "Malcolm X," but in addition to a very confusing opinion on the comparison between Kevin Durant, and Denzel Washington, he needs to get his facts straight. Or, do some research?

I stopped listening after that, but hopefully either one of the Mike's corrected this, after the fact.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 6:45 AM

I do not CARE what that blowhole Donald Trump thinks about ANYTHING, let alone tackling in the NFL or what he feels about Richard Sherman. This is the WORST interview I have ever heard on this show. Trump sucks and doesn't deserve the time of day from anyone.

It's safe to say that I will definitely not be seeking out the remaining 10 minutes of the interview on their site.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 7:56 PM

Amen Mojo! I loathe Donald Trump and fast forwarded through his segment. I'm probably going to skip Greenie slobbering over Jerry Seinfeld too.

AriAU

AriAU

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2014 @ 7:26 PM

I'm probably going to skip Greenie slobbering over Jerry Seinfeld too.

It was actually a GREAT segment, but mostly because Seinfeld was not only funny, but very insightful and interesting. Greenie controlled himself pretty well-I was afraid that it was going to dissolve into that old Saturday night skit where Chris Farley interviewed celebrities (most famously Paul McCartney) and wheezed about all the great things the person did ('remember when you sang ___) and then paused and said...."wasn't that great". It was truly one of the great moments of the show's history.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:40 AM

Ugh I am so OVER Kevin Hart. I do not know why they think he is so frickin' hilarious. Between their over-the-top reaction to the unfunniness of Frank Caliendo and their slobbering over Hart I just do not get those guys sometimes. They think Will Ferrell is the greatest thing since sliced bread too and I think he is an obnoxious try-hard.

Edited by mojoween, Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:40 AM.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2014 @ 11:40 AM

I don't like Kevin Hart either but I love Frank Caliendo. His Gruden impression is hilarious. What do you think about them playing in the Celerity NBA All star game? I think Golic is too competitive to let Greenie beat him.