Mike & Mike in The Morning

• Please log in to reply

428 replies to this topic

MITerp

MITerp

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 11:28 AM

Well, I didn't listen, but I can only imagine the topic of discussion this morning.

Forget that other QB, though. How's Greenie gonna handle Chad being dumped (as expected)?

xaxat

xaxat

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 12:54 PM

How's Greenie gonna handle Chad being dumped (as expected)?

It didn't bother him at all. He still thinks Chad is a wonderful person and wishes him the best, but Greeny's got a new boyfriend.

lambertman

lambertman

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 7, 2008 @ 2:10 PM

Greeny might think that, but in reality Brett Favre is in love with a lawn mower.

Constantinople

Constantinople

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2008 @ 10:01 PM

Either this morning or yesterday morning they were talking about how the economy will affect sports: stadium plans, seat licenses, salaries, etc.

So it was on topic, but I don't listen to Sports shows to deal with reality. I listen to them so that for a little while I can pretend that Sox vs. Rays in the ALCS is important in the scheme of things.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Mar 11, 2009 @ 8:07 AM

Sorry, Greenie, but albums still do exist and growing in popularity every year.
I buy older "vintage" LP's but new ones are being made.

MITerp

MITerp

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2010 @ 12:48 PM

Uh-oh...

http://blogs.suntime...ke_mikes_m.html

weezel214

weezel214

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 7:50 AM

When are Mike AND Mike going to be back on together? Seems like one guest host after another the past few weeks.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Aug 31, 2011 @ 3:12 PM

They were together late last week, although I agree we have seen too many guest hosts.

Perfect Xero

Perfect Xero

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2011 @ 1:05 AM

It's pretty impressive that Greeny found a way to make Mariano's record all about how great Derek Jeter is. Kudos.

Calvada

Calvada

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2011 @ 9:46 AM

I have to give Golic credit for speaking the truth in the Penn State scandal. Everyone else is dancing around the topic of what was seen by the graduate assistant in the shower, not wanting to use the language in the grand jury findings, which was anal sex I believe, so most of them are using language like "an inappopriate sexual act," etc. Not Golic! He quite correctly is calling it rape. Get a clue, sports people, what Sandusky is accused of doing was not sex, it was sexual assault.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Nov 9, 2011 @ 2:13 PM

It'll be interesting to see what type of show they have tomorrow. I'd be suprised if the Penn state child abuse scandel still isn't the top story but I doubt they'll want to cover a topic as disgusting and depressing as that on a show that's for the soldiers. May explain why the devoted all of today's show to it, so they don't have to talk about it tomorrow.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2011 @ 3:05 PM

I have to give Golic credit for speaking the truth in the Penn State scandal.

I love that guy. When they were hosting Sportscenter the other day, Golic said something like the things he would want to do to Sandusky are things he can't say on air. Loved that he is passionate about this and isn't being impartial/objective at all. This isn't one team vs another. This is about a grown man preying on little boys. There is only one side to be on.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 25, 2012 @ 7:27 PM

I can't wait to see the show tomorrow. Greeny lost their bet and will have to dance with one of the Dancing with ths show dancers. Golic will be merciless!

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Oh, shit. How did I miss this? Did you mean one of the DWTS dancers? Not much of a punishment -- hasn't Greeny been pimping for a spot on that show for a couple of years now?

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:36 PM

Yes Greeny will have to dance with one of the Dancing with the Stars dancers in costume. Golic was dreading this so I'm glad he won. Greeny is nuts he would rather watch the last day of the Masters instead of the Super Bowl not me.

LT

LT

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Oh, shit. How did I miss this?

They said this morning it was going to be on May 8th (although Golic initially said December 8th, which caused brief confusion). I guess they haven't decided on which dance he'll do yet but one person tweeted that it should be the salsa and they should bring Victor Cruz in as a judge. I hope they can make that happen because that would be fun.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

Excellent show today. They replayed Marcellus Wiley's tearful comments about Junior Seau and Golic shared how difficult it was for him when Reggie White died. He also shared how stressful it can be when an athlete retires because they lose the structure that they have had since childhood.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

Just rewatched the Greeny/Anna T dance, and I'm not ashamed to admit, I spent the whole time shrieking like a fuckin' fangurl. He was terrific! I'm a regular DWTS-watcher, and believe me, he did as well with a day's practice as some of the celebs manage with a week.

AyeshaTheGreat

AyeshaTheGreat

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 7:53 PM

Since I was reminded of this event, I dvr'd Mike and Mike this morning. I will admit that I was a little disappointed not just because Greeny did well but because I'm not sure if he was horrible, it would have been funny. I haven't been listening/watching the show for that long so the only other bet I saw was last year's Beiber. But from the outfit alone, I was laughing at his Beiber whereas the dance outfit didn't make me giggle as much. Now I wish I would have seen when he tried to milk a cow. Sounds like that was hilarious.

LT

LT

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

I will admit that I was a little disappointed not just because Greeny did well but because I'm not sure if he was horrible, it would have been funny.

That's a good point--they've been talking for months about how embarrassing it would be and I'm guessing it would be for either Mike but for me to watch, it wasn't. DWTS has had far more embarrassing first-time dancers on the show and even though Golic teases Greeny for not being athletic, I think he is by the standards of the general public. Anna choreographed something that wouldn't be mortifying and the while the outfit did include a onesie and was a bit bedazzled, it wasn't nearly as atrocious as it could have been. The song on the other hand, that must have been embarrassing to have to dance to.

One thing though--Greeny might want to start taking some Pilates. He hunches his shoulders whenever he's standing and they were up around his ears when he danced--he's gonna want to nip that in the bud before he gets old and standing up straight becomes too hard. I noticed when he pulled the onesie out of the pants that the P90X is doing its job so just some Pilates and he'll be golden.

missknowitall

missknowitall

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

I thought the dance was pretty funny. He did a lot better than I expected. I was expecting a Kenny Mayne-like performance but he was passable, especially for one day of practice. I missed the cow milking but I have seen the eating contest, Justin Beiber, and Golic singing someone's fight song. Too bad they rejected the taser idea...

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:28 AM

Here is a heads up if you DVR Mike and Mike. Golic will be out on Friday and Colin Coward and Greeny will be cohosting each others show. I will be deleting Mike and Mike unwatched because I loathe Colin he whines so much. My favorite substitute host is Adnan Virk he and Golic are great together.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 5:52 PM

My favorite replacement is Mike Hill. I gotta root for any guy who was born "low to the earth" like myself. I find him entertaining like I do Greenie but unlike Greenie HIll seems to actually know what he's talking about. Plus he reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew. And name wise it makes sense.

Edited by bulldawgtownie, Jan 16, 2013 @ 5:52 PM.

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 12:04 AM

The next show should be interesting. Wonder what Golic will make of the Manti Te'o situation.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2013 @ 6:06 AM

Golic is off until Monday but is calling in at 8 so set your DVR's.

Edited by mojoween, Jan 17, 2013 @ 6:08 AM.

voiceover

voiceover

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2013 @ 7:18 AM

Greeny, I love you, and anytime you want to dump Mrs G & come after me, I'll book the room! but come. ON!
You start this morning's show by yapping about how the Ravens can't gripe about the power outage because that's no excuse for player letdown, then you whine and get all butthurt ("He's only started nine games! you can't expect him to be perfect!")because Golic & Herm go after your boy Colin and his apparent inability to make a completion to the endzone last night.

You're sounding like Cowherd & his Tom Brady blow-up doll.

kathyk2

kathyk2

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2013 @ 11:47 PM

Greenie has been insufferable for the past two shows. He took a sick day last Thursday and he got defensive because his wife tweeted a picture of him reading Golf Digest. On the show today he was complaining because he had to shovel a path for his dog and his shovel was too small. The snowstorm was predicted last week and you should have been better prepared. I kept waiting for Golic to slap him.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Feb 12, 2013 @ 7:06 AM

I thought it was funny. I like when they have the opportunity to be goofy during the downtime between football and baseball. And I cannot listen to four hours of NBA talk without losing interest.

It was a nice break to the seriousness of the Paterno interview.

bulldawgtownie

bulldawgtownie

Stalker

Posted Feb 13, 2013 @ 10:45 AM

Yeah, they are about entertainment as much as anything. Part of Greenie's schtick is to sometimes complain about how his wife doesn't take him seriously or tries to make him look unmanly. I wouldn't take it seriously.

mojoween

mojoween

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2013 @ 6:06 AM

See, like right now, for instance. We are now on day three of All LeBron All the Time. I have always LOATHED every single thing about LeBron and this is not helping.

I would seriously rather listen to an in-depth PED discussion than listen to them yammer on about the Heat for hours on end.