Celebrity Fit Club

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6447 replies to this topic

discolash

discolash

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 28, 2004 @ 8:27 PM

This is a new show starting on VH1 in January, another british adaptation. The guest list is pretty cool. Daniel Baldwin, Ralphie May, Joe Gannascoli, Biz Markie, Wendy Kaufman, Kim Coles, Mia Tylar and Judge Mablean. Seems interesting.

http://www.vh1.com/s...ies_about.jhtml

bjs

bjs

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 2, 2005 @ 11:56 AM

I can't wait for this show. Didn't watch The Biggest Loser but for some reason this fascinates me.

Ashleigh's Mom

Ashleigh's Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2005 @ 7:23 PM

....unfortunately they picked the crappiest host in the world - Ant. So now the show will be All About Him. Arghhhh

radiochik

radiochik

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2005 @ 9:35 AM

I caught a sneak peak of this on VH1 yesterday before their umpteenth airing of the first season of the Surreal Life. Mia Tyler was really bringing the snark to one of the judges which I thought was pretty cool. She seems like a real live wire for this show.

mimsy61

mimsy61

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2005 @ 5:15 PM

I'll watch because I like Kim and Judge Mablean. One day Judge M. whipped off her robe and was modelling her new fit body.

Arabesque

Arabesque

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2005 @ 5:34 PM

I caught a sneak peak of this on VH1 yesterday before their umpteenth airing of the first season of the Surreal Life. Mia Tyler was really bringing the snark to one of the judges which I thought was pretty cool.

I saw this too; she was really cool and calm in her snark, too, so she didn't seem rude at all -she actually seemed rather sweet. The judge seemed like he was Mr. Tough Guy-can't figure out if he's a trainer or what. Daniel Baldwin looked soooo different; I didn't even recognize him. Kim Coles has always seemed like a sweetie, so I'll definitely be watching.

SendNoMoney

SendNoMoney

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 12:10 AM

This show looks promising - it's similar to my all time favourite weight-loss show, the Discovery Health Channel's Body Challenge. Sadly that show seems to have vanished off the face of the planet, but this one comes close to matching it.

I love the fact that the contestants got a full physical, and the fact that the weight loss goals are tailored to each contestant. It's quite refreshing to see healthy targets being set after seeing the insane 10+ pound weight losses expected on The Biggest Loser. I also liked that we heard about the other reasons for weight loss, such as Daniel Baldwin's flirtation with diabetes. The blonde hypnotist on the panel really grates on my nerves, though. I'm hoping she actually demonstrates some usefulness to the panelists in future episodes, otherwise it'll be a pain to sit through her segments.

I loved Ralphie Mays' attitude toward his weight. He realizes it's a problem, but doesn't treat his obesity as some sort of personal failure. His relationship with his girlfriend is really sweet, too.

I haven't seen any mention of eliminations. I'm hoping all the contestants get to stay until the end. I find it much more interesting to see how each of them does for the long haul, dealing with plateaus and such.
Edited because I can't tell my Baldwins apart.

Edited by SendNoMoney, Jan 10, 2005 @ 12:11 PM.

Cheech

Cheech

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 12:46 AM

Alec Baldwin's flirtation with diabetes

It's Daniel, not Alec, who is on the show. Although they look identical!

This show looks like it will be interesting. And I don't think there will be eliminations. At the beginning of the show, they said that contestants would win prizes and money for losing weight. I think it will be sort of like the Apprentice, with each team winning a prize for winning the week's challenge, and one team winning the big prize at the end.

I love Biz Markie!! He seems sweet, and so does Joe G. Does Biz have some kind of speech impediment? It's not really noticeable when he raps, but it seemed today like he had trouble saying some things. I'm not making fun of him, I'm just curious.

I'm interested to see how much weight Joe ends up taking off, in the pictures of him before the weight gain he was really handsome.

HiImOates

HiImOates

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 2:29 AM

Wow, two of my least favorite LCS contestants on this show: Ant and Ralphie. I still don't like Ralphie, even if his relationship with his girlfriend is cute. I still think he's a racist and not funny. And why is Ant telling people they need to lose weight? Wasn't he smoking and refusing to do yoga? And isn't he also a little overweight, himself? Oh, he's also not funny.

chaseshishorse

chaseshishorse

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 3:16 AM

I've got a sneaking suspicion that they filmed that weigh-in in the lobby at Medieval Times.

And that last panelist was a jerk to Mia. What's his beef?

TheIllmaticNas

TheIllmaticNas

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 3:21 AM

"Living Single" is one of my favorite shows ever, so I'll definitely be watching this for Kim Coles.

"The Sopranos" is the best show alive, so I'll be watching for Joe.

"Just a Friend" is one of my favorite songs ever, so I'm watching for Biz.

I watch "Divorce Court" every weekday, and I love Judge Mablean. (3rd favorite TV judge, just behind Milian and Mathis.)

I don't really know the other contestants, but they look interesting, especially Mia.

Harvey, I think his name was? Obviously supposed to be the "Simon Cowell" of this show. He's gonna be fun to watch.

Kim Coles is beautiful and does seem really sweet.

Can't wait to watch the rest of the season!

lyn1

lyn1

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 4:55 AM

I didn't get to catch the full episode tonight, though I'm sure i'll see all of it soon being that VH1 repeats like crazy. I will defenitely be watching this show!

auntiemel

auntiemel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 4:57 AM

kim coles is truly beatiful no matter how much or little she weighs. however, from her comments, she seems as if she will me much happier at a lower weight.

quickychick

quickychick

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 7:39 AM

The first episode dragggggged and draaaaaagged and draaaaaagggged. And I hate Ant.

I'll still watch it though, because I love me some Biz/Joe/Mia/Judge/Kim/Wendy. Poor Wendy, she seems like a lovely person but is being left out of things. The trainer guy with an attitude...ugh. Sure trainers have to be tough but when you cop an attitude with your client three sentences into your first conversation, you are not a badass, you are just an ass.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 9:19 AM

Wow, two of my least favorite LCS contestants on this show: Ant and Ralphie. I still don't like Ralphie, even if his relationship with his girlfriend is cute. I still think he's a racist and not funny.

Word, HiImOates. I loathe Ant -- a condescending no-talent waste product of entertainment. As for Ralphie, I'm quite over him, too and from the looks of it we won't have long to deal with him as it seems he goes AWOL shortly.

Daniel Baldwin could not be a bigger ass if he tried. I think all of his fat is in his brain.

I heart Wendy -- and I was sad that she was picked last, but it seems on the hierarchical ladder of celebrity, she's one of the low rungs. I hope she meets her goal.

This first episode was kinda 'meh' -- thanks to me wishing that all of them would dig pile on Ant and smother him. Since that didn't happen, and probably won't, I'll tune in again to see if the show gets any better.

Edited by Major Misfit, Jan 10, 2005 @ 9:19 AM.

whitechocolate

whitechocolate

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 10:06 AM

Now that is the way reality shows are supposed to be done; after the crapfest that was Strange Love, it was refreshing to see this fit club. I wish they could have come up with someone other than Ant as a host but he didn't get on my nerves too badly.

I hope every celebrity on that show achieves their goals. I had no idea that Wendy had serious issues, i feel for her because it seems like she's the odd one out. I love Mia and think she is beautiful, she does have self-confidence and that is attractive. Biz Markie brings the funny, I remember Kim Coles from In Living Color and Living Single and she is also beautiful. I'm kind of meh on the Baldwin brother, don't know Judge Mablean at all, and I dig 'Vito', didn't know he was such a looker when he was younger.

When I saw Ralphie May's body fat percentage, my mouth dropped. It is seriously a miracle he is alive, and I hope he doesn't give up on the show entirely. His girlfriend is a sweet woman, I was cheering when she said that it was stupid of her not to date Ralphie because he has a weight problem, that is prejudice and I'm glad she realized it.

Major Misfit

Major Misfit

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 10:14 AM

Also, didn't Ralphie have gastic bypass surgery done last year? I don't understand why the weight isn't peeling off from that? Judging from his pissy "I can't eat what I want to eat" spiel, I'm thinking the boy really doesn't get it.

skagirl77

skagirl77

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 12:09 PM

What scared me about Ralphie was that he was almost 800 lbs a couple years ago!?!?!? What!??! It's a miracle he's still alive. As for gastric bypass, it peels off quickly but I think he said he's dropped like 200 in the last year or so, which IMO is quick when you were once that big.

I refused to watch the biggest loser, but this does look entertaining. I do hope the guests rebel & eat Ant.

SendNoMoney

SendNoMoney

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 12:18 PM

It occurred to me that Judge Mablean's team may be at a disadvantage from the outset. I recall one of the panelists telling Wendy the Snapple Lady that her basal metabolism was quite low, having to do with her high body fat percentage. Ralphie has the highest body fat percentage on the show, and should therefore have the same problem. With both Wendy and Ralphie on the same team, I'm wondering if the Judge's team really has a fair shot at this.

futurewritertb

futurewritertb

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 1:44 PM

What was scary for me was that with the exception of Ralphie I have a higher percentage of body fat than anyone on this show so guess what I'll be doing.

I had no interst in watching The biggest loser but I expect to tune in every week for this show.

I'm really rooting for Wendy the snapple lady and I predict she will lose the most weight.

The 3rd judge is a drill sargaent and I didn't think his comments to Mia were out of line. Speaking of Mia, Steven Tyler can produce some beautiful daughters he should get an award for that or something.

CitizenKang

CitizenKang

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 4:37 PM

Still in disbelief that Ralphie was once 800 lbs!?! Can't believe his heart hasn't given out yet.

During the several times that they cut to Ralphie with his mouth agape, I realized he looked exactly like fat human Bender from that episode when he was human.

Was it really necessary to use that ridiculous huge scale to explain the word "calibrate" to the audience? I'm glad at least they aren't cutting or voting out people like in Biggest Loser.

Ashleigh's Mom

Ashleigh's Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 6:25 PM

For whatever reason, I didn't hate Ralphie as much as I did on LCS. Maybe it's because he dropped his blaccent. His girlfriend was awesome - let him do his own thing instead of the other guy whose fiance bitched at him constantly. That marriage is doomed.

Ant? Of course, I still hate him as much, if not more than from LCS. How can we lose this guy permanently ??

Wendy The Snapple Lady seems nice enough, but that laugh and bubbly personality would grate on me reeeal fast.

Edited by Ashleigh's Mom, Jan 10, 2005 @ 6:25 PM.

quickychick

quickychick

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 7:11 PM

Ant? Of course, I still hate him as much, if not more than from LCS. How can we lose this guy permanently ??

Well, ya know....Vito is on the show and all....

tonkacat

tonkacat

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 7:31 PM

I think from the previews, Ralphie won't be awol for long. I used to know someone that had the gastric bypass. She stretched her stomach until she could eat as much as she wanted.

Judge Mablean is one tough cookie. I look forward to seeing her whip her team into winning. I thought all the women were beautiful.

I don't know Ant. I thought he was trying to act concerned.

jellywager

jellywager

Fanatic

Posted Jan 10, 2005 @ 9:05 PM

The show was a little slow, but I loved it.

I love Mia, she is so beautiful. I hated Daniel, what an ass. My favs. are Mia and Kim.

My favorite moment was when Ralphie said his girlfriend loved him for his penis and she said that she had to find it. She read my mind.

PersonaAuGratin

PersonaAuGratin

Posted Jan 11, 2005 @ 2:36 AM

I don't think I have ever seen prettier skin than Miss Mablean's.

The Plot Device

The Plot Device

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2005 @ 11:54 AM

Ever since VH-1 decided to become E! 2, Ant has been all over the network. He's on almost all the panel shows where people try to be funny about things that are more interesting than their commentary, and he hosts a weekly (?) or so review show called Redlight/Greenlight with Loni Love (the most annoying I Love The... panelist ever) and another nameless annoying comedian.

I remember back when he was just a slight gay joke on Unhappily Ever After. Why has Nikki Cox forsaken us by unleashing him on the world?

loser

loser

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 11, 2005 @ 5:39 PM

Caught the show by accident, was relieved to see that there are people in 'Hollywood' struggling with their weight just like the rest of us.

I didn't mind Ant being the host, but it seems to me that the host of a weight loss show should maybe be a role model for the participants? They couldn't find a sometimes funny, empathetic and fit person to host? This is the same problem I have with Caroline Rhea hosting the Biggest Loser. I'm guessing she weighs more than at least one or two of the contestants (that have since been voted off).

katymo

katymo

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2005 @ 7:11 PM

Ant is really annoying and I totally agree he should be more fit or something, that hideous shirt wasn't doing him any favors for sure.

I loves me some Judge Mablean from Divorce Court and she is awesome here. I'm glad she was chosen a captain.

I'm in SHOCK that a person's body fat percentage can be almost 73%! I'm wondering how the guy is alive too! Sheesh.

TheIllmaticNas

TheIllmaticNas

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2005 @ 7:23 PM

He's on almost all the panel shows where people try to be funny about things that are more interesting than their commentary, and he hosts a weekly (?) or so review show called Redlight/Greenlight with Loni Love (the most annoying I Love The... panelist ever) and another nameless annoying comedian.

LMAO @ "nameless annoying comedian". That was funny.