The Old Bachelor Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

13816 replies to this topic

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:04 PM

Keepin' the crazy around. That's what I like to see.

I can't wait for the coyotes next week!

Edited by wholia, Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:10 PM.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:11 PM

What the hell was Elizabeth wearing at the rose ceremony, her halloween costume?

And Jayne, the craziest thing about you is not that you have a superfulous 'y' in your name. And, like I said weeks ago - you aren't shy. Definitely. Not.

[OT]As for this thread, what the heck is it even doing here? I think this board is becoming the Trista of all TWOP boards - it just won't go away even when the people who created it want it to leave. [/ot]

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:14 PM

I thought we should get in all our talkin' about the episode before this ship sinks. I'm not sure what is up with Elizabeth, snarkella. In reference specifically to her penchant for headbands, perhaps she's chanelling Ruth Pointer or another of the Pointer sisters?

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.....

Edited by wholia, Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:26 PM.

Mowgli

Mowgli

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:17 PM

Any scoop for us West Coasters? Was the "pool search and rescue" scene tonight? I gather Jayne went berzerk. Did they try to drown her?

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:18 PM

Elizabeth is a beautiful girl but she does herself a huge injustice with all the distracting clothing selections.

Could you belize how nasty this season is? I find myself pining for the sorority antics of days goneby. Who knew that keg stands could be better than these catty dames?

What, I have to ponder, would Nana say about all this tension and friction? I bet she'd tell the remaining ladies that these frowns will only show on their faces tomorrow.

mowgli, search and rescue is next week but Jayne did indeed go nuts this week. In fact, she went nuts a couple of times. Or maybe she just stayed nuts for a while and they only caught it on tape intermittantly...not sure.

Edited by snarkella, Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:20 PM.

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:30 PM

Hi, my name is Jayne, and I am batshit fucking crazy.

She is so crazy, that SuperBitch2004 Krysta's getting booted was one of the low points of the episode.

Jayne is the result of what would happen if Glenn Close's character in Fatal Attraction and Hannibal Lecter mated.

charmante

charmante

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:31 PM

Chris Harrison, after all this time I would think you would remember your lines. "Ladies, if you did not receive a rose, take a moment and say your goodbyes." Period. What's with the "and gather your things it is time to move out of the mansion?" I'm guess you are just trying to get more airtime since they have reduced your role to practically nothing. I almost didn't recognize you when you popped in.

And thank you Cynthia for bringing the crazy eyes again. "Cynthia, will you accept this rose?" "I'd love to, blah blah blah..................and <cue> CRAZY EYES." You are such fun.

Krysta, sorry to see you go, even though you scare me when you don't wear makeup. Jayneyeny outbitched you so you have outlived your usefulness to Fleiss & Co. Next week I expect they will run one of those little station alert messages across the bottom of the screen like they do on soap operas

scroll.....The role of the troublemaking bitch is now being played by Jayne.....scroll

Next week, we all go running looking for Jayne. I say we don't.

Cherisse, your drawn-on eyebrows bug me. The 50's are over and there are nice ladies at the Lancome counter that will help you.

I want the red car/boat. That looked so cool!

It was just a matter of time before we saw the replay of Mary dancing for Blob. I had to look away.

Byron says he is uncomfortable around stripping and strip clubs? Is that the biggest joke yet or what?

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:35 PM

Do you think that Jayne's behaviour was the result of her not handling her alcohol well, or does she have some sort of alternate personality? In any event, she already had the crazy eyes down, this crazy turn in her personality just completes her.

Hee, smarts, I was waiting for her to yell, ala Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction, "I will NOT be ignored!!!"

Edited by wholia, Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:59 PM.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:35 PM

Byron says he is uncomfortable around stripping and strip clubs? Is that the biggest joke yet or what?

Methinks he only says that since he is worried that as he comes through the door all the staff will yell "Byron!" the way they used to yell "Norm!" on Cheers.

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:44 PM

Okay, I knew I was fashion-challenged and I guess this confirms it because I thought that Elizabeth's gown was gorgeous and very flattering on her. I also loved that necklace.

I am really bumming now that TWoP is discontinuing this forum just when the crazy is being brung in buckets.

OK, Cindy? If you are not a competitive person, then maybe you don't go on a show where you are competing with 24 other women for one guy? You know? And maybe if you're not really forward and stuff, you don't go mix up a yooge pitcher of santgria and bring it to the guy's door in the middle of the afternoon? Just sayin' is all ...

And maybe it's the end of the world as we know it, but until the last few minutes, I actually felt sorry for Krysta! But then she blwe that smidge of sympathy I was feeling for her for having been the only loser to not get even an iota of private time with Byron ... when she started in about their great connection etc. when they HADN'T spent any private time. Krysta, maybe the fact that you were the ONLY woman he didn't specifically request one-on-one time with could have tipped you off to the fact that "he just wasn't that into you"?

I guess TPTB decided to substitute in Jayne's brand of crayzee for Krysta's brand of crayzee.

Oh well. Elizabeth, we hardly knew ye, but where DID you get that dress? Me want.

CrazyQuilter

CrazyQuilter

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:53 PM

I kept waiting for Krysta to burst out laughing during her tearful interview at the end. Guess they cut that part. I don't believe for a minute she was that 'into' him.

Looks like drinkin' really brings out Jayne's crazy - from the previews, it doesn't look like she ever gets it stuffed back in the closet.

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:57 PM

Krysta's "I was so into him" was about as sincere as Byron's "I'm not comfortable around strip clubs".

Mambo Queen

Mambo Queen

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:00 PM

Lord help me, Krysta really started to grow on me these last two episodes. I just pray that Jayne actually gets eaten by the wild coyotes next week, as I think that's the only thing that would continue to make this show watchable. But then it would just get boring again the next week with no crazy Jayne around to entertain us. And I can't look at Byron's leathery mug anymore without imagining it being buried where horny Ernie laid his muppet seed.

snarkella

snarkella

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:01 PM

They'll probably find Jayne brushing the coyotes and trimming their toenails.

where horny Ernie laid his muppet seed.

BWAH! Ewwww! BWAH! Ewww! I'm grossed out and laughing at the same time.

Edited by snarkella, Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:03 PM.

MissSmartypants

MissSmartypants

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:02 PM

I particularly enjoyed Krysta's parting comments, about being "the same as I did the first day I walked in here". I finished her sentence out loud for her: "when you voted for Jay to be the Bachelor???!!!"

Jazzie, I think Elizabeth is one of few women that could carry off that dress, because of her stature, but I thought it was an odd choice. It was a beautiful dress, but looked more like something a bride would wear in a traditional middle eastern wedding.

Elizabeth's biggest fashion faux pas of the episode? Who the HELL wears chandelier earrings in a freakin SHARK TANK?!

wholia

wholia

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:07 PM

They'll probably find Jayne brushing the coyotes and trimming their toenails.

Rocking back and forth and whispering "you'll never leave me, you'll never leave me..."

westpap

westpap

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:15 PM

Rocking back and forth and whispering "you'll never leave me, you'll never leave me..."

"...my preciousssssss...."

She totally has Gollum eyes.

In a freakish way, I was sad to see Krysta go too. I was so hoping for more snark about Mary's ovaries. I kind of loved her, in that "I hate you but you still amuse me" way.

oompah

oompah

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:16 PM

And I can't look at Byron's leathery mug anymore without imagining it being buried where horny Ernie laid his muppet seed.

BWAH!!

Reality-OD

Reality-OD

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:22 PM

And did y'all notice the ELMO commercial at almost 9:00? That was no coincidence and I don't think it was for tiny tots who are already in bed. Was Gwen a backup dancer for that one?

vailfiregirl

vailfiregirl

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 10:29 PM

Holy batshit crazy! Jayne's so psycho. I loved her walking into Byron's room when she knew Krysta was outside waiting. Who does that? And what was up with her little bloomer shorts? That just wasn't becoming.

I kinda started liking Krysta in this episode and I'm sad to see her go.

spokesmolly

spokesmolly

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 11:27 PM

I missed it and no Kim recap! Someone please help a girl out and fill me in on the Jayne antics!

over30patheticgroupie

over30patheticgroupie

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 11:32 PM

Mary is falling for another asshat bachelor, if she gets her heart broken again I am not feeling bad for her. LOL at the trauma induced by her ass shaking strip for Blob.

And Jayne, you are the opposite of shy.

Reston

Reston

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 11:50 PM

First I've ever seen of this series, was Krysta the 28 y.o. blonde that was weepy after not getting a rose? Why was she going to Byron's cottage with the champagne by herself ... horny girl? I just remember Byron going that it was inappropriate blah, blah, blah as he was tying his pants, walking to the hot tub.

bling bling

bling bling

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:12 AM

It's almost too bad everyone has quit watching this show...I thought it was four stars tonight! The slumber party was as good as it gets..Jayne was so scary. I don't understand how Byron would want to be near her again (I know, producer's choice!). Call me a sucker, but I think Mary is the class act of the remaining b-ettes. I could just hear Byron groaning inside his poolhouse when the girls came knocking for more "fun" in the hottub. Talk about tension and definitely NOT FUN. This was a terrific tv night...Lost, B-ette, and a fantastic Wifeswap. "It don't get no better than this!"

sneaky1079

sneaky1079

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:13 AM

I turned on the tv just in time to see the slumber party scene, and seriously? Those were not pajamas. They were underwear. The skanks were all running around in their freaking panties. I now know way more about Krysta and Jayne's asses then I ever, ever wanted to know.

Jayne is such a fucking nutbag, I swear to God. I knew Byron was keeping her, but still, I was disappointed. She sucks and is not that pretty. And also, she sucks.

Cynthia has got the craziest freaking eyes I have ever seen. She needs to lay off the champagne, methinks.

Lone Pine

Lone Pine

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:14 AM

scroll.....The role of the troublemaking bitch is now being played by Jayne.....scroll

Dead on! As soon as Jayne Personality Two came out, I told my cousin that another loony will bite the dust this week to make room for Jayne, the new Producer Pick For Tension and Craziness. So Krysta got it. I guess they figure there's still enough crazy in Andrea to keep her more entertaining than Krysta bitchiness.

Andrea's man-shoulders and over-sinewy muscles continue to scare me. I wish I were in shape, I really do, but I don't want to look like I'm in an NBA game when I wear a tank top.

Mary continues to bore me. She pulled another "validate me" breakdown, which I'm pretty sure I recall from the Blob days, too. "If you don't care about me...let me go..." aka "Please tell me how much you dig me and assure me I'll get a rose."

And...was Byron wearing his tightie-whities (I think that's what those little-boy/ or military underwear are called?) for the massage? He couldn't have worn a bathing suit like Mary?

Artsy One

Artsy One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:23 AM

Jayne and Cythnia? Crazy Eyes and Crazier than Crazy Eyes.

lightofFebruary

lightofFebruary

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:34 AM

I really did not need to see Krysta's ass cheeks during the "pajama" party night.

Elizabeth seemed so nice and sane (and I liked her RC outfit too). She never had a chance.

westpap

westpap

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:34 AM

Forgot to mention earlier...the part where Krysta and Cheresse and Blonde I Couln't Identify were making fun of Jayne? Was that...snark?

I kind of love Cheresse for her "that bitch is crazy" stuff. Word, sista!

Bishop2

Bishop2

Fanatic

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 12:36 AM

I missed it and no Kim recap! Someone please help a girl out and fill me in on the Jayne antics!

Same here, sadly. I tuned in just in time to see Krysta get booted at the end. And thank god for that, really.

The preview for next week looks fantastic. Jayne races out into the night in a psychotic fit and the other girls have to rescue her! Hilarious.