Does TWoP Get Shout-Outs from the Shows It Recaps?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

135 replies to this topic

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Jan 19, 2007 @ 6:06 PM

Geez, imagine if the forums had still been down Tuesday-Thursday. The whole thing could have been ruined. Thank goodness for the hot chicken noodle soup y'all fed the servers.

ThatPoshGirl

ThatPoshGirl

Stalker

Posted Jan 20, 2007 @ 3:49 PM

At the beginning of this week's The Soup while they were showing footage of crazy Paula promoting AI the announcer said "Now here's the host who's high on life and sprinkles cupcakes." Coincience?

jmilazzo

jmilazzo

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2007 @ 5:40 PM

... No, I don't think programs should include more meta references to appease the fans and I am sure that the posters at television without pity would agree with me

This was a huge exposure for the site, I would think -- moreso than from print or internet media. Have you seen any increase in site traffic since the show aired?

Orion7

Orion7

Stalker

• Interests:Being TWoP Howard

Posted Jan 21, 2007 @ 10:46 PM

Little did Glark know, as he was valiantly doing battle with the corrupt data bases that threatened to take down all we hold dear, that he was not only fighting for truth, justice, and the TWoP way, but for the rights of the most vulnerable of us all: an unborn joke.

StarryDreamer

StarryDreamer

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2007 @ 11:17 AM

A while back on an episode of Regis & Kelly in Niagara Falls, Canada they had 24's Mary Lynn Rajskub on. They mentioned her mother and the camera panned to the proud mom who stood up and she was wearing the Glarkware shirt "<:LOE" (I can't specifically remember what the shirt looked like but it was for purchase at the time, I think)

If my faulty long-term memory serves me right, I think Momma Rajskub pointed to the shirt when she stood up.

liquidguy

liquidguy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2007 @ 11:02 PM

Attack of the Show just gave TWoP a well-deserved shout out. They noted TWoP as "the cream of the crop" of TV blogs, citing snark-value, long recaps, and awesome forums. They also covered the MNiE shout-out. \m/

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 3:23 PM

Does a shout-out count if it comes in a private e-mail from a reality-show contestant? I e-mailed Jim Bozzini (HatefulJim of The Apprentice:Martha Stewart infamy) a couple of days ago in praise of the recaps he does for Inside Pulse of Donald Trump's Apprentice. I specifically referenced TWoP and our love of snarking on him as HatefulJim, and he sent me the following reply, which I quote in relevant part:

Thank you for responding to my recap, and for all of the compliments. Of course, I know you from your defense of and about me, on TWoP.

By mid-season on TA:MS, your commentary on 'the boards' really helped keep me out of the doldrums. And yes, as you know might have guessed... I enjoyed reading every little thing that I could dig up as far commentary on that show was concerned, so of course I know you all! (Even keckler... my greatest detractor, which I loved!!)

What do you think--does it count as a shout-out?

Glark

Glark

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 6:29 PM

Not really! :)

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Feb 1, 2007 @ 6:49 PM

Not really! :)

But it's awesome anyway! I wonder if he knows how much Jacob loved him!

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Feb 4, 2007 @ 1:19 PM

Seriously? That just sent my husband into hysterical laughter.

belsum

belsum

Stalker

• Interests:Jigsaw puzzles, foreign languages (real and fake), reading, making costumes, popcorn, pirates, road trips

Posted Feb 15, 2007 @ 9:49 PM

I saw a promo for Ace of Cakes on Food Network earlier this week. One of the chicks (the receptionist?) was wearing the Glarkware sorry. shirt!

bmb654

bmb654

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2007 @ 1:53 AM

According to this post, Mary Alice on Ace of Cakes was seen on the show sporting the Glarkware "sorry." shirt.

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

• Interests:I like TV.

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 10:00 AM

Okay, I'm fairly certain that Joe R isn't just getting shout outs from American Idol, but rather has become a full time (unpaid) (as far as I know) contributor.

This is from Joe R's recap of the Top 16: The Girls:

Ryan asks Randy what of the "yo" factor. Man, I hope that sticks around. Ryan Seacrest in dogged pursuit on the status of the "yo" factor would enhance my viewing experience this year, I think.

And what do I see last night during House? A 30 second advertisement for American Idol telling me that from now on, the show is all about the "yo", and it was accompanied with Randy saying "yo" forty-five times.

I have support for my thought that this is more than a coincidence, and more than a shout out. Earlier this season, the first episode in fact, Joe R thanked several higher powers for the "other door". By episode seven, it got its own segment.

It all adds up in my mind.

Edited by JTMacc99, Mar 13, 2007 @ 2:08 PM.

Zoned Out

Zoned Out

Stalker

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 1:06 PM

I see a plethora of possibilities for shout outs now that TWoP has been acquired by Bravo. What better way to cross promote? I personally call for Tubey to be digitally inserted into old episodes of The West Wing when they are replayed on Bravo. I could see him as a Secret Service agent in the background with some cool, yet practical, shades on.

Glark

Glark

Posted Mar 13, 2007 @ 4:05 PM

Heh, I smell a pixel challenge.

syme

syme

Fanatic

• Location:Inside The Beltway; where the fatcats &amp; lobbyists play....

Posted Mar 14, 2007 @ 11:17 PM

I personally call for Tubey to be digitally inserted into old episodes of The West Wing when they are replayed on Bravo.

Forest Tubey? Get Me Out of Here! I confess!!!