Suspicions and Speculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

806 replies to this topic

Jessica

Jessica

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2004 @ 2:44 PM

No spoilers, just speculation. Go!

Jessica

Jessica

Stalker

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 5:12 PM

Bumped.

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:40 PM

Not to come across as morose, but does anyone else believe that there could be the remains of an infant or toddler in that toy box? Mary Alice's son looks very creepy and psychotic. Could he have killed his younger sibling years ago and his parents covered it up? I think the guilt from her baby's death could be the reason why she committed suicide.

I also think that Mike's undercover work has nothing to do with the Young family and their buried secrets. He's on that street for something else.

Edited by DrCher, Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:43 PM.

Benito

Benito

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:49 PM

Geez. Where to start? Unspoiled thusfar, here's a few wild guesses.

A.) Does the note refer a secret of Mary Alice's, her husband or son's secret, or someone else entirely?

For me, the most likely is the son. He's the one we've seen the least about, and yet he's talked about with the husband in one breath. The son did something, Mary Alice couldn't live with it, and the father has been covering it up.

B.) What's in the chest formerly cemented under the pool and now bobbing down the river?

No firm ideas, but we are bound to find out soon. My guess is that whatever it is it will NOT give us that many answers, but probably cause more questions. It won't be body parts or anything like that. We've seen the chest was heavy, but was the weight due to the contents or was it just a bulky chest?

C.) Onto another mystery: our friend the cop. Why is he there?

One guess... it has nothing to do with Mary Alice's death, or even her secret. Somebody or multiple somebodies are hiding things in that 'hood. One wonders though why he has information on EVERY neighbor.

D.) A smaller mystery: Margret Huber, the nosey neighbor, will straight up try and blackmail Susan. For what is the mystery.

I'm thinking it's for some neighborhood status nonsense, and not money. Does a children's book illustrator make a lot?

E.) Straight speculation time, minus any real mystery.
-Susan's conclusion that neither she nor Edie will have any effect on Plumber Cop won't stop Edie from continuing to try, or a continuing storyline with her worrying about this.
-Lynette is headed for a major meltdown--even more obviously than the more overtly scary Bree.
-Bree's Stepford phase will end within a half a season, but maybe something worse (for Rex, at least) will follow.
-Gabrielle and the Gardener will be outed. Not just to the husband but to the whole neighborhood.

Edited by Benito, Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:58 PM.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:52 PM

I'm betting Gabrielle and the gardener will be outed to everyone in the neighborhood BUT the husband. Gaby's already slipping here and there, what with her telling Susan that John gave her that rose.

baby8love

baby8love

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:53 PM

Onto another mystery: our friend the cop. Why is he there?

One guess... it has nothing to do with Mary Alice's death, or even her secret.

Yeah, I'm actually hoping that's the case. It'd be a nice (unexpected) twist for MA's death to be a red herring for what Mike's agenda is.

MarquisDCarabas

MarquisDCarabas

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 9:57 PM

Does the late Mrs. Delfino have anything to do with the reason why he's there. It seems unlikely that an FBI agent would have a dog as part of his undercover role. Except walking the dog does give him a very good reason to be walking the neighbourhood at any given time of the day, or night to a lesser degree.

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 10:04 PM

C.) Onto another mystery: our friend the cop. Why is he there?

I don't think he is in law enforcement because if he were a cop or FBI I think he would be doing phonetaps and listening in. I posted this in the Mike thread as well that I think he is a private investigator who's there to find out which of them committed a particular crime that someone wants solved who may have a connection to the cul-de-sac.

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 10:37 PM

Does the late Mrs. Delfino have anything to do with the reason why he's there. It seems unlikely that an FBI agent would have a dog as part of his undercover role. Except walking the dog does give him a very good reason to be walking the neighbourhood at any given time of the day, or night to a lesser degree.

He could be making that story up and the dog is not a pet but a working dog.

baby8love

baby8love

Fanatic

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 10:41 PM

He could be making that story up and the dog is not a pet but a working dog.

True, but I don't know how well I could continue to like a man who lies so well. I mean, if he is lying because it's his job to, then I suppose I can understand but damn, I'd feel sorry for Susan.

And seriously, making up a dead wife? Damn...that would suck.

Benito

Benito

Posted Oct 10, 2004 @ 10:45 PM

Of course the dead wife could be real and related in some way to why he's in the 'hood. Maybe he's only lying about HOW she died.

Nirele

Nirele

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:26 AM

Based on some screencaps of his freakish map in the 1-2 episode thread, I think that what he's after could involve a child. In the screencaps, he seems to have highlighted the names of all the teens and almost-teens in the neighborhood.

Between that and the chest which looked like a toy chest, maybe Mary Alice and her husband stole their son from someone? Maybe even from Mike Delfino and his wife (who then died from grief)?

daki

daki

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:48 AM

Okay, he highlighted the teens/tweens names, true, but wouldn't he know exactly how old a stolen child of his would be, if not the sex as well? I mean, there's a lot of bandwidth between a 16 year old boy and a 12 year old girl that should make it easy to disregard one or the other if searching for a stolen child (or one given up for adoption, or whatever), right?

But maybe he thinks he can get at the info he needs (on the families) through the kids - if he's trying to decipher a mystery that's 6-10 years old, someone who was a kid at the time might remember something and let it slip more easily than an adult, especially a guilty one.

I'm still not getting the mixed-up street numbers thing. Seems like a weird continuity error to have. I'm also not sure why Mike would have had the street numbers on post-its instead of just written in, so they could be something different - except that the ordering of them makes a lot of sense other than with the repeat from Bree's & Debby's houses. (As far as I can tell, anyway.)

HydrogenPeroxide

HydrogenPeroxide

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:54 AM

Mary Alice's son gives me the creeps. I call dead babysitter in the box. That may be why the Mike would have the names of all the kids who would have been of babysitter-needing age x amount of years ago. And explain the weight of the box.

MaileSkye

MaileSkye

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 1:42 AM

What if Mike's investigating something involving Susan's ex? That would explain why he's trying to get closer to her in particular.

Also, I found it interesting that he had circled Rex's (Bri's husband) name. It really seems as though he's in town for something other than Mary Alice's mystery (which I agree, has something to do with the son)

masked_spangler

masked_spangler

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 1:51 AM

Regarding the screencap of Delino's chart: all the last names were highlighted in yellow. (Susan) Mayer was also circled and written in bolder type. (Lynette) Scavo was circled as well. Solis was not circled. I can buy that Susan is up to something shifty because the dog hates her. But why is he so interested in Lynette, who does nothing but stay at home with the terrible hellspawn? Maybe it has something to do with her former workplace? Maybe Susan's ex worked there too or was somehow involved with that company? And that's why he has both of them circled?

El Kabong

El Kabong

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 1:52 AM

I'm still not getting the mixed-up street numbers thing. Seems like a weird continuity error to have.

Is Wisteria Lane a cul-de-sac? 'Cause I grew up on a cul-de-sac, and the house numbers were all kindsa wonky. We lived in 125 until I was 8, when we moved next door. Literally the next house over. It was 132.

AlexaStar

AlexaStar

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 3:11 AM

Anyone think that the GPS system in Gabi's new car will end up getting her busted with John?
I mean Carlos made a point of mentioning the GPS...I think that he may follow her or something...
Cars with the system can be tracked....

talkstoomuch

talkstoomuch

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 6:24 AM

It seems unlikely that an FBI agent would have a dog as part of his undercover role. Except walking the dog does give him a very good reason to be walking the neighbourhood at any given time of the day, or night to a lesser degree.

So because I'm 12, and I really suck at speculation (seriously, none of my predictions are ever right), I thought of an alternative reason for Scruffy Mike's dog. He's gay, and the dog is his cover for late night prowls. It would also explain his lack of romantic interest in both Susan and Edie. Plus Gay Matt lives right down the street. HoYAY!

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 7:00 AM

As much as that idea appeals to me, I think the constant presence of Edie is probably just scaring the living hell out of his penis and making it impossible for him to show sexual interest in anyone.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 8:00 AM

Anyone think that the GPS system in Gabi's new car will end up getting her busted with John?

Seemed fairly avilicious to me, too! We shall see, no?

Backtracking to the note: I wonder if it will turn out to be related to something inconsequential, e.g., she bought cookies at the store and heated them in the microwave, then passed them off as home-cooked for her kids' class or that ilk. I also wonder if the note was written by Mrs. Huber...

Lippy

Lippy

Just Tuned In

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 8:15 AM

I'm beginning to think too that Mrs. Kravitz wrote that "I know what you did last summer" note.

Not quite sure what to think of Plumber/FBI?/Bounty Hunter?/PI?Mike. Maybe his "Wife" has something to do with MA's secret

nit

nit

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 8:52 AM

I'm pretty sure that Family Services will be giving Lynette a call at some point because of the car incident.

tommie

tommie

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 9:16 AM

I think that it has to have something to do with a dead babysitter or a dead child - why else would Mike have marked all the teens/tweens + Mary Alice? And what else would Mary Alice be so desperate to hide that she would commit suicide if it ever got out?

Perhaps her son killed the babysitter by accident and they tried to cover it up? That would at least explain why he's so fucking creepy.

counsel for the defense

counsel for the defense

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 9:57 AM

I am thinking that FauxPlumber Mike is looking for someone, but is not sure who he is looking for - like a witness to a crime or a drug dealer -- he has evidence pointing to Wisteria Lane but nothing else. And, I don't think he is going to be connected to Mary Alice's secret because that would end up being rather limiting for the writers to have several major plot elements all revolving around one idea. A soap opera-ish shows needs numerous "stories" to keep going.

temo

temo

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 11:59 AM

The Note:

I'm leaning toward MsLark's theory but I think Bree sent it. I think Bree knew Mary Alice used a mix for her award winning bundt cake and not her mother's from scratch receipe like she claimed.

I think Mr. MA never saw the note, but knew that her suicide had something to do with their long hidden secret. Maybe they covered up their infant's mysterious death, maybe they kidnapped or 'bought' Zack?

The FauxPlummer:

Since he moved in before supposedly before Mary Alice's death, I think there is something else fishy going on. My first guess was that Carlos was connected to the mob (lots of money, sleezy business partners). But since Mike wants to get to know the kids; that theory kind of falls apart.

Bree:

What is her story? Rex claims she's changed. When? Why? How did she ever make friends with Susan and Gabby and Lynette if she is so artificial all the time? Seems like she would be closer to Mrs. Kravitz?

StephenTrendy

StephenTrendy

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:06 PM

He's gay, and the dog is his cover for late night prowls. It would also explain his lack of romantic interest in both Susan and Edie. Plus Gay Matt lives right down the street. HoYAY!

Hah! That would work if Mike were Kevin Spacey. But I think there definitely needs to be some gayness on this show. Maybe Mike is gay and his dead wife was just his beard. Or something.

AgeofAquarian

AgeofAquarian

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:10 PM

I defintely believe that Mike is looking for someone. To take someone else's spec--what if a child was switched at birth or something--hence the specification of the kid's ages?

Or he could still be an agent of some sort.

Edited by AgeofAquarian, Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:14 PM.

daki

daki

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:13 PM

Maybe he just highlights them when he meets them, and has had a chance to meet more of the moms / older kids who are hanging around the neighborhood more often.

rhys7

rhys7

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2004 @ 12:41 PM

Zack knows that his dad was digging up the pool, no? So Zack is aware of the hole and the toychest. Word to the other person who brought up the point that Mrs. Kravitz would so know about the pool being dug up.

I just can't wrap my brain around its being a babysitter from yore. There would have been a search so many yrs ago for a missing babysitter, etc, etc.

Stealing a kid? Suppose that could have worked if all the old newspapers about a stolen baby were in that toychest, but that begs the question of why not burn them.

As you can tell, I have no clue and am a terrible speculator also.