Susan Mayer: Supermom, Superspaz

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

436 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Dec 3, 2007 @ 1:07 PM

If you had HD, it's worse. She is mega-scary in HD, when I always thought she looked beautiful (if sometimes a little too thin) on regular TV.

Susie Seashell

Susie Seashell

Channel Surfer

Posted Dec 6, 2007 @ 4:47 PM

Not to be mean, but I certainly DO see a Michael Jackson resemblence, and at times it can be uncanny.

I have always despised Susan's character. Is it a joke that the thread title calls her "Supermom?" Julie seems to be the supermom in that relationship. Now superspaz, I certainly agree with.

lehdownthebeat3

lehdownthebeat3

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2007 @ 2:00 PM

I always saw the "Supermom" thing as a joke, but I guess it can be taken either way, considering that she raised Julie as a single mother for most of Julie's life and she tries her best (most of the time). But in some respects, she's a bad parent, taking guys over her kid or using Julie to try to get a guy (or to find out stuff, like about Zach/Paul). It's an interesting topic, and I actually think she's matured somewhat over the past couple of seasons.

In other news, Happy 43rd Birthday, Teri!

ImEasy

ImEasy

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2008 @ 8:58 PM

I can't wait to see what Teri chemistry with Gale is going to be like.

Ashonaut

Ashonaut

Just Tuned In

• Interests:Reading, sports, computers, gadgets, beauty products, coffee.

Posted Oct 12, 2008 @ 10:15 AM

Does anyone else think it's a bit strange that suddenly, Susan's all glamorous? I guess since Gabrielle's "normal," they had to do it to someone, but Susan?

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 13, 2008 @ 11:23 AM

Susan's glamorous?

flo

flo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 25, 2008 @ 10:37 PM

Teri hasn't been beautiful since the early 90s (The Cool Surface, Lois and Clark). She has/d such a unique look. She looks terrible now.

Funkybeat

Funkybeat

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2008 @ 6:00 PM

Isn't Susan supposed to be about 49 now, if she was born in '64 like Teri Hatcher? She doesn't look like she's almost 50, and she certainly doesn't act like it. And it's implied that Jackson and Susan are around the same age. Uhhh Jackson does NOT look 49. He looks 29. But they don't ever say anything about a 15-20 year age difference.

None of these women look or act their age except for Bree and Lynette. But even Lynette looks to me to be in her 30s.

I remember being young and seeing my grandparents in their 50s and thinking how old they were. Times is changin'.

Funkybeat

Funkybeat

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 8, 2008 @ 6:00 PM

EDIT: I don't know why it posted twice.

Edited by Funkybeat, Dec 8, 2008 @ 6:00 PM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Jan 5, 2009 @ 1:50 PM

I actually hope we get to see more of Lee and Susan together. Their scenes were pretty good, particularly the last one.

MaureenT0519

MaureenT0519

Just Tuned In

Posted May 5, 2009 @ 2:30 PM

Question: if Susan's last husband was Mike Delfino, why is she still named Susan Meyer? If you're going to change your name after a divorce, you're changing it to your maiden name, not to your first ex's name...and you can't say she went back to 'Meyer' because of Julie, because, what about MJ? Stupid Susan.

The Quibbler

The Quibbler

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2009 @ 10:48 AM

Probably because she was used to being Susan Meyer for so long - and especially since she ended up becoming Susan Meyer twice. Wasn't she with Karl the longest?

I imagine Bree might do the same thing if she divorces Orson - she'll become "Bree Van de Kamp" again instead of Bree Mason, just because she was "Van de Kamp" for nearly 20 years. It's probably just what sounds natural to Bree, just like "Susan Meyer" probably just sounds natural to Susan at this point. I think that some women would go back to an earlier name - not necessarily their maiden name - after a few divorces, for various reasons.

(Plus, "Susan Bremmer"... something about that name just sounds terrible to me, like "Bree Hodge.")

Speaking of which, this is, what, the second time Susan's been involved in a marriage of convenience? The first for her medical insurance, now to keep Jackson from the despondent horrors of... Canada.

Edited by The Quibbler, May 6, 2009 @ 10:50 AM.

ladyrott

ladyrott

Stalker

Posted Oct 19, 2009 @ 9:26 AM

Susan, for God's sake, SHUT UP! Your daughter was attacked and has been in a coma. She needs rest and you think this is a good time to start in on her about her life choices? GAH!

I understand she is upset about Julie's choices. Having an affair with a married man is certainly worth a conversation, but starting in on her right after a doctor tells her that Julie needs rest AND Julie says how tired she is...that's just ridiculous!

SleekAndWitty

SleekAndWitty

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 19, 2009 @ 1:22 PM

I agree with ladyrott

Maybe 'supermom' is an exaggeration.

KYBlonde

KYBlonde

Fanatic

• Interests:Snarking on TWoP

Posted Nov 1, 2009 @ 6:46 PM

Isn't Susan supposed to be about 49 now, if she was born in '64 like Teri Hatcher? She doesn't look like she's almost 50, and she certainly doesn't act like it. And it's implied that Jackson and Susan are around the same age. Uhhh Jackson does NOT look 49. He looks 29. But they don't ever say anything about a 15-20 year age difference.

Let's do some math here, shall we?

*2008-1964 = 44

More than a little surprised no one picked up on that. And math is by far NOT my best subject. (just saying.....)

*note: although this is November of '09, post was dated '08

Edited by KYBlonde, Nov 1, 2009 @ 6:49 PM.

Doug325

Doug325

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2009 @ 10:26 AM

You are forgetting that there was a five years "time jump". We know that the residents are the same age as the actors (remember Mike's "neighborhood information chart" on S1). It is now Season 6. It is a little more than 10 years aftyer Mary Alice's suicide,and the characters should be about five years older than the people playing them. That means Susan should be about 50.

jassmine12

jassmine12

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 20, 2010 @ 3:53 AM

Yeah man i am in completely agreement with you and hoping that to be happen so soon.