Dancing with the Stars (Australia)

• Please log in to reply

3973 replies to this topic

Bill1978

Bill1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2004 @ 2:45 AM

According to Sydney's The Daily Telegraph 2 million of us tuned in. I'd say SEVEN be happy with that. Now let's try and get 2 million to watch TAR next Thursday

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 7, 2004 @ 4:20 AM

[OT] What time is TAR on exactly? [/OT]

Illegal lift? What is this, Strictly Ballroom? Sheez...

Bill1978

Bill1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2004 @ 5:38 AM

[OT] What time is TAR on exactly? [/OT]

8.30 Thursday. Next week is the start, so you haven't missed any yet.

Illegal lift? What is this, Strictly Ballroom? Sheez...

Paul Mercurio actually mentoned something to someone (James??) about making new steps up. And Paul said 'Not that I have a problem with that' It was funny. The illegal lift thing reminds me of the 1994(?) Winter Olympics where Torvill & Dean basically lost their second Gold medal due to an illegal lift.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Oct 7, 2004 @ 6:20 PM

Holy Cow! Illegal Steps. Now all you need is Bill Hunter in a bad toupee and some spanish grandma ans it's Strictly Ballroom 2!!

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2004 @ 6:20 PM

OK, we all know this show is crap, but it looks like Daryl has got more fans than we realised.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2004 @ 5:49 AM

Dear Judge on the Right Side

Pepe Le Pew called and he wants his fur back.

Worst.Hairpiece.Ever.

No Like

A & S's Mommy

Reny Sue

Reny Sue

Fanatic

Posted Oct 12, 2004 @ 6:37 AM

So who went? My power was out.

Dawei

Dawei

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2004 @ 8:41 AM

Tall rower guy I think.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Oct 12, 2004 @ 5:04 PM

Yuh huh, it was between Tall Rower Guy and Pauline, who actually did dance reasonably well this week. Tall Rower Guy was shite.

Nikkei

Nikkei

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 12, 2004 @ 6:35 PM

I prefer tall rower guy to Dr Katrina. She looks like a thunderbird.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Oct 15, 2004 @ 6:28 AM

I felt sorry for the tall rower guy. Why did they have to partner him with someone who is about 5'4"? In some parts of the dance, he looked like he was walking on his knees, poor guy.

tvwatcher

tvwatcher

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 17, 2004 @ 7:12 AM

At first I couldn't understand why anyone would pay money to vote for Pauline Hanson in this competition, then I remembered that there are people out there who would vote for her to be Prime Minister.

Princess Dani could not be on this show due to an unusual physical anomalie. Her head is so big that when ever they do turns or bends she topples over.

Edited by tvwatcher, Oct 17, 2004 @ 7:13 AM.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 19, 2004 @ 8:32 PM

I missed the end, who got booted? (please let it be Pauline, her timing was so OFF it's not funny!)

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Oct 19, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

I missed the end, who got booted?

I missed her name, but it was the one with the nice tits. Gabrielle, maybe?

It was between her and Katrina.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 12:34 AM

Uh-huh, the Pleasure Machine got booted.

Which makes me wonder how unpopular she and Katrina Warren are. As Pauline would have had 2 points from the dancing, the other 2 ladies were quite high up the rankings. In fact, the vet came 2nd in the dancing this week!

Nikkei

Nikkei

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 12:43 AM

I don't understand how Dr Katrina scored so well - she dances like a Muppet. Her shimmy is something I never want to see again.

Was a bit surprised the pleasure machine got booted. I thought Pauline was a goner for sure.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 12:59 AM

I would imagine it's because the disillusioned Pauline supporters (and they ARE out there, her low Senate vote notwithstanding - I know because I'm related to a few of them ARRGGGHH the shame!) are probably going to try and vote her to the top of this competition, even though she dances like a drunken dromedary.

Bill1978

Bill1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 1:51 AM

As Pauline would have had 2 points from the dancing, the other 2 ladies were quite high up the rankings. In fact, the vet came 2nd in the dancing this week!

If I understand the voting system. The votes added together are the viewer votes and the judges marks from last week's performance. So even though Katrina was 2nd last night, she was actually ranked last the week before, therefore I can understand her being in the bottom.

Was a bit surprised the pleasure machine got booted. I thought Pauline was a goner for sure.

I'm glad she went, she's been too busy being sexy hoping that would keep her in rather than trying to actually dance.

would imagine it's because the disillusioned Pauline supporters (and they ARE out there, her low Senate vote notwithstanding - I know because I'm related to a few of them ARRGGGHH the shame!) are probably going to try and vote her to the top of this competition, even though she dances like a drunken dromedary.

I'm not a Pauline as a politican fan, but there is something I like as her as a sublebrity. I enjoy her willingness to mock herself. I'll admit last night's performance was woeful and she should go, I just didn't want her to be first. Although it does help me smile watching her try to shake her groove thang.

I'm glad Darryl mentioned the fact that Pauline gets all the quick dances while John Woods gets all the slow ones. It's almost like the producers want people to think John is so wonderful (even though all he does is stand around) while Pauline looks like an idiot becuase she can't move. I think Pauline and John, being of similar ages, should have to dance the same dance just for fairness. I want to see John dance fast next week.

I can't believe how many of my students actually watch this show, it's unbelievable. I thought it would be too daggy for them, but they are lapping it up like it's the first season of Idol

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2004 @ 8:53 PM

I think Pauline is getting the older votes. This sort of show is bound to attract older viewers than, say, Australian Idol and I think that Pauline, as the only "older" lady is getting a lot of sympathy votes from these old ducks who think she's awesome for giving the whole thing a go.

As for Gabrielle Richens, shit, didn't she get the memo about her 15mins being up? Seriously, her intro on Tuesday was "Gabrielle Richens, model, presenter and also sometime known as 'The Pleasure Machine'".... wow, what a classy way to promote yourself. Seriously, she doesn't even do the sexed up kitten thing very well at all.

Did anybody else pick up the look of utter frustration and annoyance with Bec Cartwright's partner when they were doing the behind the scenes shots at rehearsal. Bec was going on about how she's lost the plot and didn't not what to do and was forgetting stuff and the look on her partner's face was priceless... I think he was one hot step away from slapping her!!

Edited by AndyCake, Oct 20, 2004 @ 9:09 PM.

Andrew's Mommy

Andrew's Mommy

Stalker

Posted Oct 21, 2004 @ 4:23 AM

And on Tonights' Today Tonight, Did The Pleasure Machine Get Voted Off 'cos She's Dead Sexy??

a) Nothing like a bit of shameless cross promotion

b) And of course on the Dead Sexy part they drag on that 16th Minute of fame Jo from Big Brother.

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2004 @ 9:01 AM

Apparantly, "The Pleasure Machine" thing originated in the UK where the general population (somehow) thought nothing of it.

When the name got brought out to Australia, unsurprisingly, rampant snickering occured and hasnt really let up since then. I know I havent stopped laughing.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Oct 26, 2004 @ 6:02 AM

So, Katrina the Thunderbird got her marching orders. I didn't actually see most of the show - just a bit of Justin and Kym and Pauline and partner. Pauline had a strange dead animal stuck to her head. Nice.

Bill1978

Bill1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2004 @ 7:45 AM

Pauline had a strange dead animal stuck to her head. Nice.

Must have been her political career.

Thanks for the booting information. I was having a Dinner party so missed it. I'm happy the dancing dromedary is still around. This compeition is more exciting at the moment than that other silly singing competition that just got boring.

tvwatcher

tvwatcher

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 26, 2004 @ 8:26 AM

What is with Katrinas weird head movements, when she listens to people she turns her head on an awkward angle and it irritates me. And theres that face she pulls when she is listening?

Nice slip up she made "I know we are, I mean I am looking forward to sleeping in tommorrow". Considering last week when they were awaiting the verdict she grabbed her partners arms and dragged them around her when he was standing behind her, I wonder if it was a little wishful thinking on her part.

Nikkei

Nikkei

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 26, 2004 @ 8:17 PM

Woo hoo! Goodbye Miss Muppet! Now I just have to sit back and wait for Tiny Dancer Justin to get the arse.

I think someone has told Dr Katrina that stretching your neck removes any signs of a double chin. Then again, maybe she thinks her scrawny neck tendons are particularly attractive.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 26, 2004 @ 8:29 PM

Why the hell did Katrina go when John and Pauline are still in?? Seriously, all John does is stand around, hold his hands out for his partner to grab as she dances madly and he occasionally takes a step or two. Pauline is also painful to watch as well. She seriously has NO rhythm whatsoever and is painfully stiff in her dancing. Yet two younger, more athletic woman have been voted off first? Huh?! They should also stop rigging it so that John and Pauline get the slower dances. When is John going to dance the Jive??

cavalier196

cavalier196

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2004 @ 11:44 PM

I think there are two categories of dancers in this show, and within each category, there isnt much separating the couples.

The 'cant dance to save themselves/why the hell did they sign up?' (of which only John and Pauline remain) are the ones who, to the credit of the voting public, seem to be going first. Katrina, Gabrielle and tall rower guy were crap and its fair enough that they have already left.

The 'they are actually, surprisingly good' crowd I cant separate as to who is the better dancers. I like Matt and I think Bec is very good and popular with the voting public, but so is Justin.

I love this show too much, dont I?

Nikkei

Nikkei

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 27, 2004 @ 12:21 AM

I'm counting on a wekk eight Matt v Bec dancin' showdown. I think John will probably go next, with Pauline continuing to get the sympathy vote from the public.

Cavalier there cannot be too much love for this show while Matt Shirvington is still on it.

Katrina had to go as soon as she shimmied.

Bill1978

Bill1978

Fanatic

Posted Oct 27, 2004 @ 12:45 AM

So Pauline finally got a slow dance hey? About bloody time. I want her to last longer than John becuase as AndyCake said all he does is stand around. At least Pauline attempts to do some dancing, even if it looks like she is having a fit.

I like Matt and I think Bec is very good and popular with the voting public,

My ideal Final 2.

AndyCake

AndyCake

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 28, 2004 @ 2:07 AM

The Age has an article about how fucked up the voting system is... I totally agree that this stupid show has a dumb voting system which sees the votes from the audience from the previous week's dancing combined with the judges vote from the current week to see who gets booted. The problem is they can't separate the eliminations from the dancing and I guess they don't want to boot from the previous week at the start of the show, otherwise people have rehearsed for nothing, but I just don't understand why they don't combine the votes from both judges and viewers from the same week and do it that way... I think the best way to do it would be to boot the person at the start of the show, then they can dance the dance they've rehearsed for their "tribute dance" at the end of the show or something, but still have everybody else competing normally.