Dancing with the Stars (Australia)

• Please log in to reply

3973 replies to this topic

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:05 AM

Edit Never mind - I was talking about the wrong Damien! Carry on.

Edited by katisha66, Apr 19, 2012 @ 7:05 PM.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:30 PM

Damien Whitewood is going to be a pro on your version (while his girlfriend Peta Murgatroyd does her second series as a pro over here.)

Now I've seen the episode and am now familiar with him I only have one question: Girlfriend???

Yep, girlfriend (and I don't mean "beard," either.) They've been dating for some time now, or at least they were when they were both doing our version of the show. Peta's stayed on with us (and she's really doing a terrific job with her celeb partner, by the way -- she's starting to give Kym a run for her money, in my opinion!), but Damien's come back home to Australia, where I really think he fits in better. It's funny, though, how he seems to have gotten a younger, less zaftig version of the celeb he had in the US, Pamela Anderson. I guess TPTB just figure that he has a type.

Edited by legaleagle44, Apr 17, 2012 @ 2:31 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

I watched it as well, but not live, being in the States. But I think this is really Zoe, Danielle, or Johnny's to lose.

I bet that's the final 3 as well. Zoe and Danielle were extremely elegant and both had mass amounts of grace and dance ability in both of their Viennese Waltzes. Doesn't hurt that they both got really good songs too.

Johnny wasn't the best, but I follow the show live on Twitter because it's the only way I follow it live, and he had a lot of people tuning in specifically for him. I don't have an ounce of a clue as to who he is, but he's the "hot guy" this season so i think that all but gurantees him a spot in the Top 5.

I find that the dance talent this year isn't great, overall, except Danielle, Zoe, Johnny, and Kerri Ann, to an extent. I feel they want a female to win because the last 2 years have been men winning (and both undeservedly so). Count me in as thinking Tamara and Haley both deserved to win the last 2 series.

Edited by PBGamer89, Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:48 PM.

Kess

Kess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 2:32 AM

Oooo that's interesting about the tweets for Johnny. He came 3rd or 2nd on Xfactor, the winner is singing next show.
Johnny wasn't a great singer but he has that charisma thing and a real sweetness, plus he worked his guts out. I do believe he was getting bucket loads of votes so 7 transferred that to DWTS.
I would expect him to get to top 3, unless all the kids are watching the Voice instead.

dzidas

dzidas

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

I watched it as well, but not live, being in the States.

Can you tell me how you watch the show? All videos on the official site are geo-blocked and I couldn't find most of the dances on YouTube.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

I only had time to watch a few dances here and there while The Voice was on, but from the few I did see I have one main comment - I know Seven were pleased to get Kerrianne Kennerley from Nine, but the pimping is reaching new heights even for this show. She is good but not as good as she is being marked IMHO. Also, on a non-dancing note, that Reece kid who apparently won X Factor was horrid and made my ears bleed. Perhaps he was having an off night but it's difficult to believe he could win anything!

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

I have one main comment - I know Seven were pleased to get Kerrianne Kennerley from Nine, but the pimping is reaching new heights even for this show. She is good but not as good as she is being marked IMHO.

I agree in part with this comment. I thought her Week 1 Cha-Cha was exactly what the dance should be: fun and cheeky (and as a side note, Carmelo is the HOTTEST male pro I've ever seen on ANY version of DWTS. YMMV, but he could eat Oreos in MY bed any day!) Moreover, she looked as though she was having a ball out there on the dance floor, and that goes a long way with me in deciding which routines and celebs I find entertaining and enjoy seeing every week.

Now, as for her Week 2 Foxtrot? That was nearly not as good a dance. Her posture was horrible (and for that matter, so was Carmelo's; has he always been this much weaker in Standard/Smooth than in Latin?), and that bit at the end where she took her shoes off and tried to jump on Carmelo's back? I couldn't tell whether that was a deliberate goof or an accident, but either way, it was a hot mess and a dreadful end to what should have been a much better dance. Carmelo, I just said that you were ultra-hot, but I expect better of you as a pro and a choreographer. Keep this mess up, and I'll have to break up with you.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

I haven't gotten a chance to see any of the dances yet. I am only able to follow the show live in Twitter, but 90% of the tweets were from tweeny bopper girls obsessed with seeing this Reece kid sing. I couldn't really get too much of an earful of what the scores were till I went onto Wiki.

I saw tweets about Kerri Ann falling and then I saw she a 27, which I'm puzzled on. Zoe and Danielle seem like the 2 contenders. Zoe dropped from a 27 to a 24, but still managed to take 3rd place for the night, not bad. Heard about some mean comments from the judges. I don't know what it's about, but 24 is still a strong Week 2 score.

I also saw that Jessica got a total of 8 for her Jive and I can't help but wanna see her dance to see why. I'm not surprised she's safe though. Todd's punching bag always gets sympathy votes to last a while. He constantly picked on Lara Bingle and Sam Armytage last year and they managed to get to 5th and 4th, respectively.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 2:29 PM

I saw tweets about Kerri Ann falling and then I saw she a 27, which I'm puzzled on. Zoe and Danielle seem like the 2 contenders.

You can see that fall here, PBGamer89. It's what I was referring to earlier. I think the reason she still got a 27 was that it isn't clear (at least, not to me) whether the fall was accidental or deliberately choreographed.

That said, the fall notwithstanding, I agree that she was overscored. Her hunched-over posture (and Carmelo's as well -- and he's the PRO!) should have gotten her maybe a 21 or a 24 (if I'm being generous).

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:28 AM

I think the reason she still got a 27 was that it isn't clear (at least, not to me) whether the fall was accidental or deliberately choreographed.

I agree. I think the choice of song (and her conveniently taking her shoes off first) really saved her there.

I'm ecstatic Erin was first booted, and maybe now she and Nathan can ride off into the sunset and never be seen again, but what's going on with the fake tan this season? I love Scary Spice and all, but... some of those (white) people were looking the exact same colour as her.

And do we really need the loved one interviews in the training packages?

Edited by SnideAsides, Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:30 AM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 1:54 AM

Just got a chance to see this week's episode.

Zoe was really great with that Jive. But I do agree with Todd in saying she should have been in heels. Other than that, I was surprised they only gave her 8's. Maybe she is pulling a lot of votes and wanna make it seem like others have a chance.

Shannon was not good at all in that Jive and neither was Caine. So sick of the "i'm too manly for this" schtick.

Felt bad for Jess. That Jive was a mess, but for Todd to call it hideous was a bit overkill. She'll be around for awhile. Did he not learn with his comments towards Lara and Samantha last year that it just fuels votes?

Danielle was great, but thought Zoe's had more energy.

Johnny is very overrated to me. He's sort of a stiff dancer. He's Australia's version of William Levy in that both are considered "good looking" but get away with mediocre dancing on their looks.

I thought Kerri Anne did have a great dance, but I don't know it was 27 good. I would've gone more 22-25 at best. There seems to be a lot in getting her through with scores. Maybe she's not getting a lot of votes and they had to score her over to keep her safe. I don't think it looks good for the show if the "big" star leave sin the first or second, or even third elimination.

Also, how much has Brendan paid the judges (specifically Todd) for those scores. I found his Jive to be all lifts and very little dancing. From what i've read, he doesn't exactly have the best public perception from his affair with Lara Bingle of all people, so I think he's a bit like AU's version of the US version's Jaleel White. "The male star who isn't too popular with the public but the judges feel the need to keep around for some reason"

I said last week that the final 3 would be Danielle, Zoe, and Johnny, and after this week, I'm still sticking with that.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Good going, Australia! It's clear the bias this season is even worse than usual (Kerri-Anne conveniently gets the as-soon-as-The-Voice-finishes slot the first week, then goes first, then goes last? And scores 27 for falling over?), but I do like that the voteriggers are actually getting rid of people we don't care about first for once. Hopefully Vogue will be next.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

I was a bit surprised Caine went out this week. The "good looking" guys tend to get pretty far, but he was also kind of void of any personality, so I can see it.

This week just reaffirmed for me that if a woman doesn't win this year, I don't know who will win. Zoe and Danielle are great dancers. Kerri Anne is decent, but being very propped up.

Johnny is the men's best bet, but he's not as great as Zoe or Danielle. Don't know why they are up Brendon's butt either because he's very average.

Zoe's Foxtrot was my favorite dance of the night. Danielle a close second, but Zoe's Foxtrot just seemed to flow more and it was performed effortlessly. Also, Aric is an amazing choreographer.

Kathode

Kathode

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 4:47 AM

It was really difficult watching the judges' comments for Shannon and Elena's dance. I agreed with them, but that grilling was allowed to go on too long for something so cringe-worthy. And I felt really bad for Elena when Helen went down the "Maybe Your English Is Limited" road. Yeesh. But yeah, Elena really needs to give Shannon some actual dancing, that's for damn sure. I can't believe he's still in the competition. But then, the people voting probably actually know him from whatever he's famous for, and I just know him from Dancing With the Stars (where he sucks).

Damian worked a miracle with Jessica this week. A true MIRACLE. (Like, the Pope is on his way to Australia right now to confirm it officially.) Her jive last week was just atrocious, mostly because she showed absolutely zero evidence of understanding rhythm. So for that reason, I was worried for her rumba, since the rhythm of rumba is fairly tricky, in my opinion. But she did really well! So impressed with her this week. Flabbergasted, actually.

Count me one of the people surprised Caine got the boot. With Shannon having gotten through 3 weeks of doing no dancing and having been 5 points below Caine in the judges' scores this week (and with Jess's whopping big total of 8 last week), I'm really shocked Caine, who was actually dancing, was the one to go. And he was good-looking too! WTH? But yeah, his Week 1 dance was his best, and he was only going downhill from there. He had no connection with the audience last week or this week, and really no connection with his partner either. But he was so good-looking... *sigh*

Brendan kinda sucked this week. I was really disappointed in his lame-ass cha cha. He was so surprisingly good the previous couple weeks, and this week he looked like he just didn't care. What a change. I hope he picks it back up for next week. One more phone-it-in dance like that, and I'll jump off his bandwagon.

Didn't think I'd say this, but I kinda feel bad for Vogue, being in the bottom two twice now. She rubbed me the wrong way the first week, but I think I misjudged her, having been negatively influenced by the kinda-douchy vibe I get from her fiancÚ. But her foxtrot tonight was elegant and nice. I love how she made sure to mention the two hours she spent in the stylist's chair when first Dan and then Mel complimented her on how gorgeous she looked. I like when stars are upfront about how their beauty is manufactured, and is not how they look in their everyday "real" life. It's an important message for women and girls, especially.

I have to admit, also, that Vogue's awesome dress may have influenced my opinion of their dance this week. What a great costuming choice! The Australian version of DWTS seems to have a better costuming department than the US version. There are a lot of WTF moments when I'm watching the US version, as in, "WTF were they thinking, dressing her in THAT?!?" But I don't get those thoughts as often with the AU version. One exception: Jessica's dress last week for her jive. She's got the skinniest little Bambi legs I've ever seen, and they dressed her in that dress with the very short skirt that showed nothing BUT her stick legs! Talk about drawing attention to her worst feature (both in physical appearance and in dance disaster-worthiness)! But for the most part, I've liked the outfits so far this series.

Johnny Ruffo: What's the attraction? I forget he's in the cast every week, until Dan announces it's time for his dance. Then I'm like, "Oh yeah! That guy. He's still here?" This week was his best, but he's so BLAH, so unmemorable. I don't know how he survives week after week. But again, I'm watching from Canada, so I don't know ANY of these celebs outside of DWTS. He must be The Shit in his non-DWTS career, because it's really carrying him through the voting process.

I liked Danielle better this week than I have in the past. Like with Vogue, I think I misjudged her the past couple weeks, as she gave off what I saw as a bit of an aloof vibe. I no longer think she's aloof. I think she's just a bit more introverted and slow to peel back the layers and let people see her true personality and vulnerability. And the judges seemed to pick up on that as well, judging by their comments. They want her to stop playing it safe in her dancing, and to inject a bit of The Wild in her routines, Ó la Brian Mannix. That "playing it safe" is, I think, a symptom of her fear of being less than perfect when people are watching. Speaking from experience, I know it's really hard to shed that protective shell. I'll be very impressed if she can manage it in the weeks to come.

Can you tell me how you watch the show? All videos on the official site are geo-blocked and I couldn't find most of the dances on YouTube.

dzidas, I'm in Canada, so I can't watch it live or on 7's website. I do a Google search for "dancing.with.the.stars.au.s12eXX" (where the "XX" stands for the two-digit episode number for whichever episode you're looking for; this most recent episode was 03) in order to find the show as a downloadable file. You won't usually find a torrent of it, but you can always find the whole episode available as a file to download from some free file storage site. It really beats watching it piecemeal on You Tube. Each episode is usually available the day after it was aired. You don't have to register with the file storage site to get the episode. You just have to find the "Free, Slower Download" button and click it, wait until an onscreen timer counts down 59 seconds, and then hit the download button again. I watched nearly all of last season this way, and so far I'm doing the same with this one. I think episode 2 I could get as a torrent, but 1 and 3 were from a file storage site. Next week will be dancing.with.the.stars.au.s12e04

chocolatine

chocolatine

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 7:47 PM

It was really difficult watching the judges' comments for Shannon and Elena's dance. I agreed with them, but that grilling was allowed to go on too long for something so cringe-worthy. And I felt really bad for Elena when Helen went down the "Maybe Your English Is Limited" road.

I agree, that was terrible. It could have been handled a lot more effectively by having producers talk to her off-camera, and maybe have one of the other Russian pros (e.g. Aric, Luda, Gleb) coach her. I don't think she'll be asked back for another season, but at least that would help her finish out this season without further embarrassing herself or Shannon.

Didn't think I'd say this, but I kinda feel bad for Vogue, being in the bottom two twice now. She rubbed me the wrong way the first week, but I think I misjudged her, having been negatively influenced by the kinda-douchy vibe I get from her fiancÚ.

I was biased against her too because of my long-standing dislike of Brian McFadden (I lived in Europe during his Westlife glory days and there was a lot of negative gossip surrounding him), but she herself seems to have a good attitude. And as much as Brian annoys me, at least he's there every week to support her, unlike some other famous husbands - *cough* Russell Crowe *cough*.

In my opinion Danielle was overscored this week, like Kerri-Anne was last week. Danielle's samba didn't flow for me, and the horrible rendition of "Alejandro" didn't help. Zoe's foxtrot should have gotten the highest score of the night.

Also, Aric is an amazing choreographer.

Yes, he really is! I'm usually not a fan of props, but I loved the way he incorporated the bench into the foxtrot, and generally I've enjoyed all his routines since I started watching Australian DWTS last season.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Johnny Ruffo: What's the attraction? I forget he's in the cast every week, until Dan announces it's time for his dance. Then I'm like, "Oh yeah! That guy. He's still here?" This week was his best, but he's so BLAH, so unmemorable. I don't know how he survives week after week. But again, I'm watching from Canada, so I don't know ANY of these celebs outside of DWTS. He must be The Shit in his non-DWTS career, because it's really carrying him through the voting process.

He finished second on The X-Factor last year pretty much solely on the basis of allegedly being hot. He sure as shit can't sing.

Kathode

Kathode

Channel Surfer

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:39 PM

He finished second on The X-Factor last year pretty much solely on the basis of allegedly being hot. He sure as shit can't sing.

"Allegedly" being the operative word there.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Okay - take 2. I finally made it through a full episode last night thanks to now having a PVR again. Woot! Some general comments:

• KAK and Carmelo - Hmm, I wonder if that ACA story forced the judges to actually acknowledge a second "KAK stack"? (hehe, by the way, Todd!) I still maintain she is not as good as she's being scored.
  • Fevola and Jessica - I don't like him as a sportsman or as a dancer, and as a person he's a bit of a dickhead. Next.
  • Johnny and Luda - I don't get the "hot" either, but he's definitely got something, and we saw a lot of him in those dance pants - ahem! He's certainly the best male dancer they've got this year.
  • Danielle and Damian - I didn't feel the music suited the dance at all and it distracted me, but Danielle danced what she was given really well and I loved her dress.
  • Jessica and Damien - Jessica is a sweetie but my God, she is so awkward and gangly, like a newborn foal. I think Damien is doing wonders with her considering she really does not have any rhythm.
  • Zoe and Aric - Zoe is really good and very likeable. With the Rafters vote on her side she could well win this, and I'd be okay with that because she has ability. Has she danced before, I wonder?
  • Vogue and Christopher - I am really glad she got booted but not because of her - because of Christopher's shameless plagiarism of the Ivy/Robbie paso in the last season of SYTYCD Australia. Same music, very similar costume on Vogue and some very familiar looking steps. Bad, bad form.
  • Shannon and Elena - Well, he's better than he was two weeks ago, but that is not saying much.
  • Brian and Melanie - Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. Brian is such a weird looking man - he has a really large head on a tiny little body and it isn't his fault but it just cannot really make attractive dance shapes. Contrast him with someone else diminutive who danced well and looked good doing it - Grant Denyer. I am no fan of his generally but he kicked butt on DWTS and it was not rigged when he won because he deserved to IMHO.

Edited by katisha66, May 7, 2012 @ 5:06 AM.

Kathode

Kathode

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:25 AM

Booo! Not that I was a huge fan of Vogue, but she was definitely NOT the worst dancer in the competition. I agree that Christopher's choreography left something to be desired this week (it was kind of boring), but I don't think that should affect Vogue's scores. She ought to be judged on how well she executed what she was given, and she definitely executed better than KAK or Shannon, that's for sure.

Speaking of Shannon, I think this week we finally learned why Elena wasn't giving him much to do before now. It's cuz he can't dance, people!!! Yeesh! That was painful to watch. Why on earth would the producers give him the last spot on the program, if his dance was so hideous to behold? Way to go out with a whimper.

Same with KAK. She got the second-to-last spot, and her dance was a whole lot of nothing. Even if they'd gotten the dip-spin-lift combo right, the dance as a whole would still have been seriously content-lite. It's sad to see how much Carmelo has to dumb down his own dancing in order to not outshine her. I think the only way he could truly not outshine her would be if he were dancing in the dark.

So really Shannon or KAK should have gone before Vogue, someone who can actually dance. But Vogue wasn't going to win this thing anyway, so in the end I guess it's not a big upset. Just makes me have to sit through more bad dancing than I otherwise would have had to endure.

Okay, I gotta admit: Johnny this week was actually good. I can't believe I'm saying that. I agree with the judges; it was his best dance by far. I hope he keeps it up.

Brendon was also much better this week than last, but that's not saying much, since last week he pretty well just phoned it in. I still think his first dance was his best. When he puts his mind to it, he can really strike some nice lines and look good dancing. I definitely want to keep watching him on my screen and being surprised by him.

Jessica is also pretty amazing for someone who 2 weeks ago was so terrible. My respect for Damian as both a teacher and a choreographer just grows and grows with every week of this competition. That man is a wizard to be able to make Jess look so polished.

I'm surprised Brian and Mel were in the Bottom Two. He's got such a winning personality; I really enjoy him as a person. Sure, he's not the greatest dancer, but he's certainly not the worst, and I'd rather him stick around than someone like Shannon (or, until this week, Johnny).

Aric is so, so talented! I look forward to his routines every week. I wish the US version would hire him for the fall seasons of DWTS, so I could watch him twice a year instead of just once. It's great that he's got someone like Zoe as his partner, because he can get more ambitious with his choreography when he knows he's with someone who can execute it well. They should go all the way to the finals.

So should Danielle and Damian. Even with a tough piece of music to work a foxtrot to, they did a fantastic job. Damian didn't hold back on the content in that dance, and Danielle stepped up to the challenge beautifully. I thought they should have gotten a better score total, but then again, I didn't see the slip-ups that the judges mentioned. I was too distracted by her flowy dress and the way all her movements were linked together in one uninterrupted visual symphony.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

DWTS Australia's official Twitter tweeted something about one of their stars being rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery, but didn't reveal who.

Can't be Kerri Ann, Brian, Danielle, Johnny, Brendan, Shannon, or Jessica because all have recently tweeted and not mentioning anything related to that.

Only one we don't know about is Zoe. I hope it's not her, because it'd be a shame to lose her, because I think she's the best dancer this season.

Unless it's someone who's already been eliminated. But it's odd that they tweeted about it, but are refusing to say who.

Edited by PBGamer89, May 11, 2012 @ 9:53 PM.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:12 AM

Booo! Not that I was a huge fan of Vogue, but she was definitely NOT the worst dancer in the competition. I agree that Christopher's choreography left something to be desired this week (it was kind of boring), but I don't think that should affect Vogue's scores. She ought to be judged on how well she executed what she was given, and she definitely executed better than KAK or Shannon, that's for sure.

Yeah I was surprised by how low the judges kept scoring Vogue, thought she did quite a bit better than the scores showed. That along with their comments gave me the feeling that the judges had something else against her.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

Zoe definitely isn't the hospitalized one. She tweeted today about having rehearsal with Aric.

I heard it was Shannon Noll who is getting surgery for his back. If it's back surgery, he should pull out of the competition. Not like he had a chance to win anyways.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 1:00 AM

Yes, definitely Shannon. And this is interesting:

Other sources say Noll has not enjoyed the experience at all and that there has been tension with his dance partner.

He certainly didn't seem to be enjoying it. I hope he's okay and no permanent damage has been done.

Edited by katisha66, May 13, 2012 @ 1:00 AM.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

Was there ever any doubt that Seven would make it a non-elimination, just to get another week out of the voting?

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 4:11 PM

I've said since Week 1 that the final 3 will be Zoe, Danielle, and Johnny, and still at Week 5, nothing has made me change my mind about that.

I'd love to have Zoe or Danielle win. I think Zoe has a bigger fan base though than Danielle. Johnny is the best male of the season but still isn't as good as Zoe or Danielle are.

Out of the 7 left, I think the next 2 eliminations will be Brian and Jessica.

Edited by PBGamer89, May 15, 2012 @ 4:12 PM.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 20, 2012 @ 2:24 PM

Just watched this week's show.

- Jessica has improved, but my god is she still so awkward. Her Cha Cha was very wooden and stiff. She's a sweet girl, but I'm afraid she has 1 or 2 weeks left. Lord knows she'll be out by the semi-finals. She reminds me a lot of Samantha Armytage or Alex Fevola in the sense that there's always one very heavily criticized female star who is clearly not too good, but makes it much further by sympathy votes.

- Brendan was even more awkward in his Rumba. I literally could only watch about 20 seconds of it. He's not a dancer in any way. Enough with this "Fevolatainment" schtick. It's Week 6 and the man just can't dance.

- Zoe is amazing! That Bollywood inspired Salsa was incredible. I think Todd made too big a deal of the ribs comment in the package. Those things are very carefully edited. I love that Aric made it 85% Salsa and only 15% Bollywood. It could've easily gone the other way with some other choreographers. He's the best one on the Australian version. She's still my pick to win. This deserved 10's, judges!

- Kerri Anne was good in the Waltz, but that's expected, I guess. I still thought it could've been better. Helen was absolutely right about her posture. It was soft, it didn't have that Waltz type posture. It was just a bit bland, for me.

- Brian is another one who is like "Why are they still here?". I get that once again, he's "entertaining", but for me bad dancing as entertainment is only acceptable for maybe 2 or 3 weeks. After that, if you haven't improved, it's time to leave. That Paso had no punch or power from him.

- Danielle is my other favorite. She really did seem to relax more this week and just enjoy the dance. I still think in terms of impact and performance, I preferred her Tango last week, but this was still really, really good. Very good technique. Her leg extensions were awesome. This deserved a 10 or two, but not sure about the 30. Then again, I'd rather she get the first 30 than Johnny!

- Speaking of Johnny. I get that he's good looking and has a good body and stuff, but the way some of these people talk about his dancing, i'm puzzled. I follow the show live on Twitter, as I'm from the US and it's my only means of keeping up with it. When Johnny comes on, there's tons of tweets about Johnny about he was amazing and he made them cry and it was the "best performance in the DWTS history". Literally, it's every week and then I get around to watching him, and i'm like "That's it?" I'm sorry but I don't think he's as good as people say he is. He's very robotic in the Latin dances and has messy footwork in the ballroom.

The elimination: I was a bit surprised Kerri Anne left. Not because she was an amazing dancer, because she wasn't, but because she was very clearly being propped in scores and order placement. She always seem to be towards the end and get higher scores than she deserved. Viewer backlash maybe after they dedicated about 10 good minutes to her last week.

I can't see anyone besides Brendan, Jessica and Brian as the next 3 gone, thus confirming still my Week 1 prediction of the final 3 of Zoe, Danielle, and Johnny. If I had to make a prediction on placement, i'd say:
3rd: Danielle(smaller fan base with a new pro)
2nd: Johnny (only cause of his fans, not his dancing)
1st: Zoe

Edited by PBGamer89, May 20, 2012 @ 2:29 PM.

katisha66

katisha66

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 2:30 AM

Anyone out there? *tumbleweed*

Finally caught up with Sunday's episode on my PVR today. Really pretty shocked to see KAK go. She certainly didn't deserve to go before Brian or Jessica, but perhaps the excessive pimping just put people off voting for her.

If the final three are not Johnny, Danielle and Zoe, I'll be absolutely gobsmacked. Anyone else in that lineup would be a travesty IMHO. Loved the Pulp Fiction dance-a-thon and Danielle's purple cha cha outfit!

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 9:36 PM

So, here's my thoughts about Week 7:

Overall, their dance order sucks big time. I'm sorry, but why has Johnny gone last 3 weeks in a row. That has never happened, to my knowledge, on any version of DWTS in the world. I get the guy has fans from their X Factor, but come on now.

-Danielle had a really amazing Paso Doble, and what impressed me more is that it was done to rock music, but they still captured the essence of the dance, and I was thoroughly impressed with this.

-I still haven't grasped how Brian Mannix is still here nor as to how he made it to the top 5. The guy is a shitty dancer and personality can only take you so far right? Either way he'll be out by the final 3.

-Zoe is my favorite on the show. I've yet to be disappointed with her dancing in any week. It's a true testament to not only her dancing, but Aric's choreography. He's really amazing. Their Quickstep was fast, fun, vibrant, and something that looked like it just hopped right out of the roaring 20's. Justly deserved a 30!

-Brendan is the other obvious bad dancer of the bunch. He's really not a good dancer at all and I just get skeezeball from him every week. He really needs to go soon. Their Samba wasn't good at all.

-Jessica...well, poor girl. She's one of the most awkward female dancers i've ever seen on any version of DWTS. For someone so young with such determination and bravery, she really is about as uncoordinated as it gets. True deer on ice. Great long legs, but no clue how to use them.

-Johnny! Well, I can't believe I'm still seeing him last for 3 weeks in a row. Unfair. He's not that great of a dancer, but I follow the show on Twitter and when he comes on, his fans go insane. All I hear is "Johnny did amazing", "That was the best dance ever", "Johnny made me cry with that", and then I watch him and i'm so underwhelmed. The fact that his fans refuse to believe he's not that good, makes me think he could (unjustly) win this. Which would be sad considering the AU version of DWTS hasn't had a female winner in so long.

Overall, I'm still holding true to my week 1 prediction of the final 3: Zoe, Danielle, and Johnny. The next 2 eliminations just have to be Brendan and Brian. Any other option would just be incredibly unfair. If Johnny wins this over 2 of the best girls i've seen on the AU version, i'd be very disappointed. As long as the last 3 seasons go on this version, the winner tends to be a charasmatic, but average male dancer.

nozycat

nozycat

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

I love Brian and think he is hugely entertaining and likeable and am glad he is still on for that reason, but agree he is a terrible dancer and has to go soon along with Brendan. I totally agree with a top 3 of Zoe, Johnny and Danielle, with Zoe being my fave.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

I cannot BELIEVE Brendan Fevola is still in this! WHO IS VOTING FOR HIM?

Edited by SnideAsides, Jun 4, 2012 @ 8:20 PM.