Gilmore Girls in Syndication

• Please log in to reply

13501 replies to this topic

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

So, I just noticed my TiVo is picking up the ABC Family syndication episodes now, looks like there's going to be a big marathon starting 10/3. From what I've picked up so far, though, (and the ABC Family site is not much fun to navigate), it looks like they're showing the pilot and the a bunch of out-of-order eps from all seasons (up to Festival of Living Arts, for example)... But it just could be the starting marathon that's all jumbled.

Anyone know if they're going to do the whole run in order? Because I'm really looking forward to that.

ETA: Here are the episodes showing in the Sunday 10/3 marathon, according to TiVo scheduling:

Pilot
Rory's Birthday Parties
Love & War & Snow
Run Away, Little Boy
There's The Rub
Festival of Living arts

And a final TiVo note... 'Gilmore Girls Backstage Special' (as noted below) is on at 8pm/9pm EST (not sure if there are two or if it repeats) on 10/3 after the marathon. Just getting a season pass for the reruns won't pick up the special.

Edited by kieyra, Sep 21, 2004 @ 12:13 PM.

jadeblue

jadeblue

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 12:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up kieyra!

"GILMORE GIRLS" IN SYNDICATION

In the United States, beginning Monday, October 4, 2004, "Gilmore Girls" reruns will air on the ABC Family cable network twice each day. Mondays through Fridays, the show will air at 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET/PT. On Saturdays and Sundays, the show will air at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. ET/PT. On Sunday, October 3, 2004, the network will launch the series with a six hour marathon beginning at 2 p.m. ET/PT and a "Backstage Special" at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT.

In Canada, "Gilmore Girls" reruns air on the W Network. For more information, check out their schedule here.

wildirishrose13

wildirishrose13

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 12:17 PM

Woohoo! I'll finally have a chance to catch Seasons 2 + on tape! It'a a good thing I bought a 12 pack of blank tapes the other day...

MissInformation

MissInformation

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 2:16 PM

Any indication whether the 11:00 and 5:00 showings will be same episode or if they will be sequential (you know, Episode 1.1 at 11:00, Episode 1.2 at 5:00)? How 'bout the weekends?

Edited by MissInformation, Sep 21, 2004 @ 2:17 PM.

xphile101

xphile101

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 3:23 PM

I think it was speculated that they'll run the same episode at both hours, but no one knows for sure yet. I guess if we wait a few more days and then check the listings we'll find out. If they show two different episodes per day they'll run out of new stuff pretty darn quickly.

I'm intruiged by the choices for the marathon - Pilot, definitely. Rory's Birthday Parties? Great episode. Love and War and Snow? Okay, fine. But why show three of six hours from the first season when you're going to air them so soon thereafter? I'm thrilled to see season 4 represented, though, because I had feared that the WB wouldn't sell the syndication rights to those episodes yet. (Although I think that's why we got so many reruns back in December/January - the WB rerunning them freed ABC Family to air them.)

SamanthaS

SamanthaS

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 4:15 PM

So far on the W network in Canada it seems that they are airing select episodes from Season 1 over and over and over. Which is very annoying. They should be close to Season 2 by now and they aren't.

sweetserenity

sweetserenity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 8:00 PM

They should be close to Season 2 by now and they aren't.

Samantha, I believe S2 is coming around in two weeks, most likely to air in October- and I'm not talking about the one episode once a week on Tuesdays. I'm talking about the four episodes from Monday to Thursday.

Kelli

Kelli

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 10:47 PM

Well as I am a Disney Fan of old and sometimes tune into the ABC Family Channel to catch some of the old favorites. I think that the M-F shows will be re-runs throughout the day. They re-run movies on a monthly basis.

Edited by Kelli, Sep 22, 2004 @ 12:14 AM.

kunju

kunju

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2004 @ 10:56 PM

I checked the tv schedule for 10/3 on zap2it and they mention a behind-the-scenes special at 8 and again at 9. Is that just the same special twice in a row or two different specials?

Sheap

Sheap

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 12:50 AM

Does anyone know if these episodes will be cut to add more commercial time, or if they will be airing in the original form?

JRT

JRT

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 5:48 AM

We're not certain, but I would say expect 1 minute to be shaved off for the local commericals.

SamanthaS

SamanthaS

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 9:58 PM

I believe S2 is coming around in two weeks, most likely to air in October- and I'm not talking about the one episode once a week on Tuesdays

Are they airing eps other than season 1 on Tuesdays??? I'm confused.

rockonlily

rockonlily

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 9:59 AM

They're referring to the WB's regular Tuesday airing of new episodes, not ABC Family.

SamanthaS

SamanthaS

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 1:29 PM

Ok I kind of thought that's what she meant but I just wanted to clarify.

Toast8

Toast8

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2004 @ 10:36 AM

According to the Yahoo TV listings, it looks like the "original" episode will air at 5 pm and then again the next day at 11 am. (On Monday Oct 4, 7th heaven is on at 11 am and Gilmore Girls at 5 and then on Tuesday Oct 5, GG on at 11 am (the repeat from 5 the night before) and a "new" episode at 5.) The schedule for the weekends are not up yet.

Hope this helps!

MagnoliaNY

MagnoliaNY

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2004 @ 12:33 PM

The episodes of the marathon were chosen by cast members as their favorites. That's why there are so many from season1 and why the choices seem so random.

I'm so excited for the Behind the Scenes special!!

xphile101

xphile101

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2004 @ 6:16 PM

Any word on which cast chose which episodes? Or was it a general consensus type deal?

sweetserenity

sweetserenity

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 26, 2004 @ 6:43 PM

Actually the site has a side bar called, a week at a glance and on it you scroll to your time zone, and it tells you the times of the other episodes of S1 in advance through Mondays to Thursdays. The last episode that aired last week was Star Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers, most likely S2 will air October 2nd. Hope that helps.

krizmic

krizmic

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 10:32 AM

I'm so excited for the Behind the Scenes special!!

Me too! Especially after seeing the promos...Alexis and Lauren together should be fun. Lauren says "I still cry every time," while looking at Alexis--wonder what that refers to?

MissInformation

MissInformation

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 12:22 PM

Thanks Toast8. That does help!

prettyinpink68

prettyinpink68

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 3:15 PM

Okay, I can't find anything about the WB Insider Special anywhere. Can anyone find a site (that you don't have to be a member of) that says when it is showing on the east coast? I would be very appreciative!

LennoxHC

LennoxHC

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 3:37 PM

So, I'm watching a few of the episodes on ABC Family, and it doesn't seem like any lines of dialogue are being cut. They are inserting an extra commercial break into the episode, and scene transitions are being sliced, but from "Rory's Birthday Partier" and "Love and War and Snow", I don't think any lines were cut.

BTW, I tried to synch up the audio of my S1 DVDs with the ABC Family broadcast, and that's how I was able to figure out the scene transition stuff. I would get the audio channels to synch up pretty well, but as each act goes along, the TV broadcast gets further and further ahead of the DVDs

brandmed

brandmed

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 4:57 PM

I had never watched this show before. I remember when it started I was still in high school, and my debate coach loved it but I didn't get WB until I went to college. I hate watching shows unless I see them from the beginning so I have never started watching even though it seemed intriguing. After seeing the actress who plays Lorelai (Lauren Graham, I believe) on Ellen the other day, I decided to finally check this out on ABC Family. I watched the pilot this afternoon, and I really enjoyed it. This will probably become part of my afternoon routine now. I'll check it out this week so I can it in order.

JRT

JRT

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 5:06 PM

They are cutting a few things. They skipped the dialog in "Run Away Little Boy" referring to misspattys.com (maybe about 15-20 seconds shaved off). I remember seeing something else skipped.

Readster

Readster

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 5:56 PM

Wathing the marathon. The good days when Dean wasn't an asshole, Tristan was no Jess. Then came Jess showing how much of a girlfriend stealer he was. Dean becoming a jealous idiot and Paris's clining to Rory.

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 5:58 PM

Two words.."Vicious Trollop"..Heeeeeeeeeeeee! That is one of my favorite Lorelai & Emily episodes. Like Laurel & Hardy, only no mustache..

outtabreath

outtabreath

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 6:10 PM

Word to what my cyber fiance said...though I have to disagree with you about Jess, Readster-sweetie. Jess was damn hot. Now, if he had just hooked up with Paris.

enchantress

enchantress

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 6:39 PM

After seeing There's The Rub for the first time in about two years and The Festival of Living Art for the first time since it aired I have to wonder...What is up with Rory and her fetish for doing laundry. That's just abnormal.

outtabreath

outtabreath

Fanatic

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 6:41 PM

And Rory is the poster-child for normal, otherwise?

I've forgotten the eps that are playing, but bits and pieces come back. God I love this show.

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Oct 3, 2004 @ 6:41 PM

Which episode was it where Rory does laundry like ten different times? Was that the same one where she complained about clipping coupons? Freaky.