The Weather Channel

• Please log in to reply

425 replies to this topic

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2004 @ 9:30 AM

With all this Hurricane activity in the Atlantic, the Carribean and the Gulf of Mexico, the Weather Channel has been one of the most fun newsie shows on the air.

Especially Stephanie Abrams, she of the flying sheet metal duck, and the hanging onto posts in gale force winds, to show the world how windy it was, in Florida. Anyone else see a glut of fanpages coming up, dedicated to Stephanie, in the next few weeks? Men seem to lurve her. Meteorologist and Daredevil, all rolled into one.

However, I'm sure I am not the only one who wants to tell her to get out of town!!

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2004 @ 8:16 AM

those guys love being tied to a tree standing out there in the middle of a hurricane. It's hilarious.
Anyone know what happened to Dave Schwartz? He's my favorite on there.

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2004 @ 2:26 PM

Jim Cantore could sub on a Body by Jake informercial.

Zelfitz

Zelfitz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 15, 2004 @ 9:58 PM

Why are so many of the women on this channel always knocked up? It's like they are all on some freak-ass pregnancy rotation schedule. "Is your's born yet? can I go now?"

mrsstroh

mrsstroh

Posted Sep 16, 2004 @ 7:50 AM

Mrstroh and I have often commented on how it seems like the Weather Channel is a kind of "holding tank" for all pregnant meteorologists. Or they have pretty funky water there!

killershrew

killershrew

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2004 @ 1:10 PM

Thank you Zelfitz and mrsstroh! I was just coming to post about the same thing! Mr. Shrew and I couldn't believe it the other day when we both thought, "Is Jennifer Lopez* pregnant again?"

*I probably don't need to tell you which Jennifer Lopez we're referring to, since this is the Weather Channel thread

MisterIdol

MisterIdol

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 3:01 AM

Jennifer Lopez is possibly pregnant again? Yeesh! Every time I remember the Weather Channel exists and I turn it on she's there is full pregnant glory. And so is one of the other women. It's fascinating!

joebas

joebas

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 30, 2005 @ 3:55 PM

Weathermen are spry off camera! *blowing on knuckles*

Skategrrl

Skategrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2005 @ 4:07 PM

Did anyone see Michael Keaton on Letterman this week? He confessed to being a Weather Channel junkie.

joebas

joebas

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 30, 2005 @ 4:26 PM

hello Skategrrl!

Letterman is on past my bedtime. I always thought Michael was great alongside Karl Malden on "The Streets of San Francisco"

AlmondEyes

AlmondEyes

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2005 @ 11:35 AM

A Weather Channel thread! Awesome! I have found my fellow TWC junkies.

I've always wondered how much of a pain in the ass it must be for TWC's Jennifer Lopez every time she tries to make a restaurant reservation, book airline tix, or anything where she has to identify herself. "No, I'm not that Jennifer Lopez, but I am Jennifer Lopez." Poor thing.

Isaboe

Isaboe

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2005 @ 3:41 PM

the Weather Channel is a kind of "holding tank" for all pregnant meteorologists.

I used to joke that it was the white haired old guy keeping them that way. ;P But since he's died and they're still doing it...Hmmm.

DoubleTee

DoubleTee

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2005 @ 3:30 AM

Mmm, TWC.

I'm most appreciative of it while traveling -- bored in Fort Worth? Not much going on in Williams, Arizona? The dulcet tones of Mike Bettes or Jim Cantore are there to lull me to sleep with their Weekend Planners and their Storm Stories and their lascivious little teases to wait for those Local's on the 8s to arrive. Teases.

The coverage of the hurricanes in August and September was phenomenal. Ah, Mike Seidel, forever dodging killer palm fronds.

Tory

Tory

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2005 @ 2:47 PM

Oh I'm glad I'm not alone in my Weather Channel addiction. It's the first thing I watch in the morning. Then several times throughout the day. Then before going to bed. When nothing else is on worth a crap.

Why are so many of the women on this channel always knocked up? It's like they are all on some freak-ass pregnancy rotation schedule. "Is your's born yet? can I go now?"

Hee. Hubby and I have discussed this numerous times over the years. It seems like they've all been knocked up at least 5, 6, 7 times each. There for a while Jill didn't take a break for a few years, straight, it seemed. And, they all look so gorgeous and non-bloaty, even at 8-9 months. How do they do it?

Jim Cantore. If I need to be rescued from a flood, hurricane, tornado, tsunami.....I'm callin' him.

wheelwatcher

wheelwatcher

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 1, 2005 @ 2:57 PM

Did anyone notice Jim Cantore's huge disappointment when he was recently stranded in Chicago because of winter snow storms, and was unable to get to the northeast coast to cover the "storm of the century"? It never ceases to amaze me that so many meteorologists love to chase tornadoes, and participate in hurricanes, snow storms, etc.

naneki78

naneki78

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2005 @ 5:14 PM

I've always wondered how much of a pain in the ass it must be for TWC's Jennifer Lopez every time she tries to make a restaurant reservation, book airline tix, or anything where she has to identify herself. "No, I'm not that Jennifer Lopez, but I am Jennifer Lopez." Poor thing.

But she is THE Jennifer Lopez!

It never ceases to amaze me that so many meteorologists love to chase tornadoes, and participate in hurricanes, snow storms, etc.

They are the 21 Century adventureres..and maybe just a little bit crazy too!

Skategrrl

Skategrrl

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 3, 2005 @ 6:38 PM

Jim Cantore. If I need to be rescued from a flood, hurricane, tornado, tsunami.....I'm callin' him.

I call him the Storm Stud.

My boyfriend knows not to bother me when Jim's on the air.

4Sibes

4Sibes

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 5, 2005 @ 10:48 PM

Some years ago I was spending a night in Lincoln, NE during some tornadic weather. I turned on the Weather Channel to find out where the tornados were. I was not soothed to see that Jim Cantore was filming in the field across from my very hotel.

GenerationX

GenerationX

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2005 @ 11:45 PM

My wife and I are big Weather Channel fans, too. She, like many here, is a big Jim Cantore fan. I can't get enough of the scorching hot Stephanie Abrams.

MattIowa1

MattIowa1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 6, 2005 @ 9:00 PM

Looks like I'm not the only one with a Weather Channel addiction. That's good to see.

I'm personally in it for all the gadgets they have. In the words of the Joker, "where do they get those wonderful toys?".

I'm just waiting for the day where they can pinpoint the weather to someone's house, and there will be Jim Cantore going "Hey, you at 123 Elm Street, you might want to seek shelter immediately!"

Of course, he'll probably be AT 123 Elm Street when he says that, but that's beside the point.

I want to be part of the Weather Channel Road Crew, by the way. Seems like they go to some pretty neat (not to mention...WARM!) places.

Now, I just have to wait for the first showing of 60 degrees in Pennsylvania.

BridgeBar

BridgeBar

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 30, 2005 @ 4:29 PM

bumping this because it's a cool thread.

Who loves the beautimous Mike Bettes?

jase

jase

Fanatic

Posted Aug 30, 2005 @ 4:42 PM

Who loves the beautimous Mike Bettes?

Me. Cute, and he pings the gaydar.

Sarcastico

Sarcastico

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 8:46 AM

Ditto, re Mike Bettes.

Watching the Weather Channel over a long period of time, as I did on Sunday, is almost hypnotic. I live in New Jersey and yet I was ready to start sandbagging. I was ready to go to Home Depot and buy plywood. I had to keep telling myself that the hurricane is nowhere near me.

tracyKAY

tracyKAY

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 11:51 AM

I wonder when the next weather channel baby boom will be.....

sarcastic chick

sarcastic chick

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 9:06 PM

Sarcastico:

Watching the Weather Channel over a long period of time, as I did on Sunday, is almost hypnotic. I live in New Jersey and yet I was ready to start sandbagging. I was ready to go to Home Depot and buy plywood. I had to keep telling myself that the hurricane is nowhere near me.

Same here, and I'm in Los Angeles. The Weather Channel is almost hypnotic during these events. I've been an on-and-off addict since I was 10, and I used to watch hurricane coverage like some kids watch cartoons.

That said, Katrina is like nothing I've ever seen, and I'm only watching news footage. I find myself getting choked up over some new development every day. It's nice to at least have familiar faces that have been there for years - Jim Cantore and Mike Seidel jump to mind. Unlike some of the actress-wannabe bimbos doing the weather here in LA, the people at TWC actually know what they're talking about.

BTW, does anyone remember the old guy with the white hair and mustache who was the hurricane expert years back? What was his name?

DoubleTee

DoubleTee

Fanatic

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 9:41 PM

*perk* Mike Bettes? Sigh. He's dreamy.

Tremendous, riveting coverage of Katrina (and post-Katrina) the past few days.

Man, does Jim Cantore ever take his weather seriously. I almost got goosebumps as he filed his various reports from Mississippi.

Legalese

Legalese

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 11:15 PM

The gentleman with the mustache and white hair was John Hope, who died in 2002. He was TWC's hurricane expert for many years, until heart problems did him in. John Hope was a level-headed presence who always seemed smarter than those around him. He is still missed.

Edited by Legalese, Aug 31, 2005 @ 11:16 PM.

Ascertain20

Ascertain20

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 1, 2005 @ 8:15 PM

Damn I know this is a serious time right now but I couldn't help but laugh at this one interview where I think they meant to interview the father, but they interviewed his 10 or 11 year old son instead. I swear he sobbed on cue on camera. His response sounded so cheesy. I think he said something like "this was my dad's business, and now it's gone" and proceded to cry on camera. I'm sorry to say it was phony, but laughable.

Weatherman2

Weatherman2

Posted Sep 7, 2005 @ 2:58 PM

• Weatherman2
Hello
I am a really big fan, Currently I have a Weather Channel hat, and Weather Channel Shirts

I think that the coverage on Hurricane Katrina was amazing, andI think that people should give $$$ to the Victims of Katrina
I think Jim Cantore and Dr. Steve Lyons are extremely helpful in getting those donations in. Because of how they encourage people. It made me think how much we take for granted in our lives, that they don't have done there
I urge you to please donate food, and other items for them like I did, I donated approximately $50 in food, clothes, and money
Please help
Brian Boehlert
E-mail bweather@hot-shot.com

Weatherman2

Weatherman2

Posted Sep 7, 2005 @ 3:04 PM

Hi it's Brian Again
I think that Stephanie Abrams, Jim Cantore, Mike Bettes, Mike Siedel, and Jeff Morrow are the best Field Reporters of any news Station

I like all of the meteorologists in different ways
I currently am attending college, @ Landmark College in Putney, VT approximately 60miles south of where Jim Cantore lived
I think that The Weather Channel is extremely addicting
I think Mike Bettes is funny because on 7/24 when there was a cool down in the Midwest, he said score and gave Jennifer Lopez a high five on air
The Weather Channel is very knowledgable
If I were to major in Meteorology, I would work for The Weather Channel