The Veronica Mars Cast & Crew: Where Are They Now?

• Please log in to reply

4976 replies to this topic

rowanceleste

rowanceleste

Stalker

Posted Jul 27, 2010 @ 12:39 PM

Searching for Sonny - starring Jason Dohring (which is why we care) is doing a final push for funding, as they are almost at their goal. (Currently less than $1000 to go.)

Everyone that donates $5 or more between now and July 31st will have access to an exclusive video that will not be shown anywhere else. (All those that have already donated will also get to see the video.)

Kickstarter >> SEARCHING FOR SONNY - An Andrew Disney Original by Andrew Disney - starring Jason Dohring, Minka Kelly, Brian McElhaney, Nick Kocher, Masi Oka and many others!

Please pledge and spread the word! (Please also cross post where appropriate since we won't see the movie if they don't reach their funding goal!) Here is the link: Kickstarter - Searching for Sonny

Edited by rowanceleste, Jul 27, 2010 @ 12:41 PM.

Overdamoon

Overdamoon

Just Tuned In

Posted Jul 31, 2010 @ 12:39 AM

Just found this VM forum.

Searching for Sonny - starring Jason Dohring (which is why we care) is doing a final push for funding, as they are almost at their goal. (Currently less than $1000 to go.)

They met their goal of $10k!!! Good for Jason. He still looks cute and young as ever.

Michael Muhney is playing Adam Wilson, aka. Adam Newman and Victor Newman Jr. on The Young & The Restless.

There's a Hunkie of the Month poll that's unfortunately is ending 7/31 @ 9PM GMT which is 4PM EDT and 1PM PST. MM is lagging far behind but every vote counts. Just click on his red heart, thanks.
http://www.thehunkie...michael-muhney/

Please spread the word.

crowsworks

crowsworks

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2010 @ 11:18 PM

Muhney really resembles Capt'n Jack from Dr. Who - a lot.

Bix

Bix

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 16, 2010 @ 7:21 PM

Kristen Bell is in Yeasayer's new video and...umm...yeah...

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 17, 2010 @ 9:24 AM

W T F was THAT ? !

Spadada

Spadada

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 4:13 AM

This is going to sound weird, but as effed up as that was, it was good to see her crying again. She's just so good at it. KRISTEN BELL, OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HER, if you are reading this, please tell her to do a freaking drama.

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Aug 21, 2010 @ 8:27 AM

I've been posting that same sentiment on my Facebook page, and I know some of her friends read it. We can only pray for something dark and meaningful soon, as Amanda runs away with the crown of 'most likely to succeed as a serious actor post VM'.

K, I have watched her cry during some gutwrenching scenes, and in between takes, laugh and joke with the crew and the camera, before going right back into tears.

She can turn it off and on like no other I have seen. :o)

Polter-Cow

Polter-Cow

Stalker

Posted Aug 23, 2010 @ 12:22 PM

Oh, Kristen, do more indie music videos and fewer crappy movies.

Polter-Cow

Polter-Cow

Stalker

Posted Aug 29, 2010 @ 11:31 AM

Veronica Mars/Party Down Creator Rob Thomas Heads to NBC with ‘Temps.’ It's a put-pilot order for a Party Down-esque show about college grads taking temp jobs, and the show is actually called Temp.

kemmek

kemmek

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 29, 2010 @ 8:43 PM

Aaron Paul, who was the creepy videotape guy in the Silence of the Lambs, just won the Best Supporting Actor Emmy for Breaking Bad.

SeattleStorm

SeattleStorm

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 1, 2010 @ 2:16 PM

kemmek, thanks for that.

When Aaron Paul won his Emmy, I was driving myself crazy wondering why he looked (and sounded) so familiar. I knew that he must have appeared on a show I watched repeatedly, but the only thing I could come up with was the role of James in the "Angel" episode "Heartthrob." I check my "Angel Watcher's Guide" only to determine that wasn't right. But I knew it had to be a show where I watched the episodes over and over.

Thanks for the info.

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 9, 2010 @ 1:24 PM

Some of the VM crew worked on a new show that premiered on FX this week. It is called Terriers, and it stars Donal Logue, and Michael Raymond James ( True Blood ).

It is a 13 episode season with a great cast and story line, and it was filmed right up the road from 'Neptune' in Ocean Beach. The press has been good, and many of the VM bloggers and reviewers have given it a favorable mention.

I wanted to mention it for those of you looking for something dark and witty to help fill the void in another new season.

Cheers.

Edited by notanextra, Sep 9, 2010 @ 1:25 PM.

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 23, 2010 @ 11:33 AM

Roger Moore asks the rhetorical question:

You Again ?

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2010 @ 11:59 PM

Julie Gonzalo was on tonight's episode of Nikita, playing a reporter on the run from the bad guys.

HeyJuliet

HeyJuliet

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2010 @ 1:45 AM

Roger Moore asks the rhetorical question:

You Again ?

No wonder she's so desperate to always bring up VM and a possible VM movie. It was the last decent role she had and the last time critics complimented her acting.

But I agree with Roger Moore. As far as movies go, she's never going to be America's Sweetheart and if she has to stick to the big screen, she should do it in smaller, supporting roles.

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 24, 2010 @ 8:38 PM

Variety wasn't impressed either:

"Most of the actresses will emerge unscathed. But young lead Bell -- a likable, talented thesp with wonderful comic timing and exquisite (if non-threatening) beauty -- is fresh off another romantic-comedy misfire, "When in Rome," and will need to make smarter choices to translate her natural appeal in a bigscreen career."

HeyJuliet

HeyJuliet

Fanatic

Posted Sep 24, 2010 @ 9:17 PM

And that's a love letter compared to Richard Roepers' review. Yikes.

At least Wall Street 2 is getting sorta decent reviews, so this weekend isn't a total bust.

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 28, 2010 @ 4:11 PM

Kristen Bell talks fashion ( HUH ? ) and other things. She actually comes across in a good way in this LA Times piece:

Kristen's World

mokesh

mokesh

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 20, 2010 @ 1:07 PM

Alona Tal is starring in a new series on Israeli TV, as a Prime Minister's daughter.

Polter-Cow

Polter-Cow

Stalker

Posted Oct 25, 2010 @ 2:20 AM

Heeey, I saw Kristen Bell in the Scream 4 trailer! I think it'll be better than Pulse.

kemmek

kemmek

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 1, 2010 @ 8:52 PM

I just saw Tessa Thompson in the trailer of For Colored Girls. Good for her- it seems like every prominent black actress is in that movie, so she's in good company!

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Nov 3, 2010 @ 5:15 PM

Deputy Leo was on the last episode of No Ordinary Family, as a teacher at the kids' school. It was probably a one-ep arc though.

kemmek

kemmek

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2010 @ 8:43 AM

Another trailer spotting- Jessy Schram (Hannah) is in the Denzel Washington movie, Unstoppable. And looking at IMDB, it looks like she's on the Mentalist this week.

Pardon My Snark

Pardon My Snark

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2010 @ 2:12 AM

K, I have watched her cry during some gutwrenching scenes, and in between takes, laugh and joke with the crew and the camera, before going right back into tears.

She can turn it off and on like no other I have seen. :o)

Aw.

I think Kristen's best post-VM work, besides Party Down, are her appearances on Craig Ferguson's The Late, Late Show. (Search Youtube for clips.) It's a shame that someone so naturally funny keeps doing so many less-than-funny romcoms.

Amazon has Party Down S1 and S2 DVDs for $12.49.

topanga

topanga

Fanatic

Posted Dec 22, 2010 @ 12:18 AM

I just saw Tessa Thompson in the trailer of For Colored Girls. Good for her- it seems like every prominent black actress is in that movie, so she's in good company!

She was excellent in this movie.

kemmek

kemmek

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 26, 2010 @ 8:06 AM

Melissa Leo, aka Justin's dad in Meet John Smith, is excellent as Mark Wahlberg's mother in The Fighter. She has an amazing ability to transform herself in that she's virtually unrecognizable in one role compared to the next.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2010 @ 11:25 AM

I saw Enrico Cantolani AND Francis Capra in an episode of Bones this month called "The Doctor In The Photo".

EC was a security guard at Brennan's building, somewhat a friend of her. But I think I almost cry because he was wearing a uniform and giving advice to her. I kinda missed him being a Sheriff of Neptune.

FC was a drug dealer being interrogated by Booth. Both of them looked good.

PrussianBlue

PrussianBlue

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2011 @ 8:51 AM

I've seen several ads for the U.S. version of Being Human during the Syfy Twilight Zone marathon. Sam Huntington (Luke) looks to be taking on the werewolf role. I always thought his character was memorable even though Luke only appeared in 2(?) episodes.

ScribblerGuy

ScribblerGuy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2011 @ 11:58 PM

Alona Tal will be guesting on Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) sometime this season. Looks to be a recurring role for at least a few episodes. Source: Zap2it (mild spoilers about the show).

notanextra

notanextra

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 9, 2011 @ 8:58 AM

I saw Armie Hammer on TMZ the other night. I didn't realize he was in Social Network. I'll have to add that to my 'must see' list. He was a nice guy, and very popular on the set.