The Veronica Mars Cast & Crew: Where Are They Now?

• Please log in to reply

4976 replies to this topic

americana19

americana19

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 5, 2004 @ 1:27 PM

Here's the place to discuss other works of the cast of Veronica Mars.

A couple months ago, I rented the movie Spartan. I thought that the kidnapped girl was played by Allison Mack (imagine that), but it turned out to be Kristen Bell from this show. She was good; the movie was not.

KUkerri

KUkerri

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 10:25 AM

I remember Kristen from that Lifetime movie about the girl who ends up raising her brothers because her mom abandons them. Then the mom comes back and wants the kids, so Kristen goes to court to get custody even though she's only like 18 and ends up winning.

Hermosa

Hermosa

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 17, 2004 @ 7:41 PM

Kristen Bell appeared as a guest star on Everwood in season two. She was the cheerleader who got breast implants that went bad. I remember hating her character because she was such a whiny brat, but i'm sure Veronica is more likeable (fingers crossed).

Elementalist

Elementalist

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2004 @ 9:00 AM

One of my favourite sitcoms is Just Shoot Me! which Enrico Colantoni was in, he was actually pretty funny as a womaniser, can't imagine him as a father figure though...

big chicken

big chicken

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2004 @ 6:34 PM

I like Enrico Colantoni because he played the head alien guy in the great, underrated Galaxy Quest.

spritz

spritz

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 11:51 AM

I thought Chloe jumped shows. I've seen the promos for Veronica Mars a number of times; and every time I see them, I couldn't help but ask myself, isn't that Chloe? The actress who plays Veronica Mars looks alot like the girl who plays the Chloe character from Smallville.

It's interesting that the two shows Veronica Mars and Smallville will air on the same night. I'm curious which one will beat the other in the ratings.

TenPea

TenPea

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 1:54 PM

I think Kristen Bell is great. "Gracie's Choice" was a classic indulgent Lifetime tearjerker but I could have done without watching her getting punched to death in "Deadwood".

Oh! Galaxy Quest! I forgot he was that alien guy. So right, so underrated.

Sadie0209

Sadie0209

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 10:31 PM

Does anyone know if the guy who plays Wallace has been in anything of note? I kept trying to figure out where I've seen him before. Maybe he was a child actor or something? It's going to bug me!

Thanks for the link, The Pez. I'll bet those guest roles are how I recognize him.

Edited by Sadie0209, Sep 22, 2004 @ 10:42 PM.

The Pez

The Pez

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 10:36 PM

Check out his IMDB page. He has guest stared in a couple of shows.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 11:52 PM

I know Francis Capra's last name (having been a fan of the great director), but I knew I had seen him somewhere before, and then it hit me - he's the young Calogero in A Bronx Tale.

A couple months ago, I rented the movie Spartan. I thought that the kidnapped girl was played by Allison Mack (imagine that), but it turned out to be Kristen Bell from this show. She was good; the movie was not.

And thanks to americana 19 for reminding me of that (though I liked Spartan more than you did).

SheWhoHathAPen

SheWhoHathAPen

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 4:08 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the actress who plays Veronica's mother, Leanne, did two guest spots on Joan of Arcadia last season as the mother of a little boy with cystic fibrosis.

temp drone

temp drone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 8:55 AM

I know Francis Capra's last name (having been a fan of the great director), but I knew I had seen him somewhere before, and then it hit me - he's the young Calogero in A Bronx Tale.

I thought I'd recognized Francis Capra's name as an actor from a movie I like. But now I feel dirty because he's five years younger than me (and playing a high school kid, no less), and I think he's really hot. Not just cute... hot. I should just start waiting around for the mailman already.

ITA with everyone who thinks the kid who plays Wallace looks familiar. I know I haven't seen him in his guest star roles.

Teddy Dunn, the guy who's Duncan Kane, played the jackass preppy that Emily set Rory up with on Gilmore Girls last season. I knew I'd seen him before.

yorkvillegirl

yorkvillegirl

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 1:10 PM

Enrico Colantoni has also been in The Othre Sister (schmaltzy movie with Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi) and Princess Diaries I and II.

GCMJ

GCMJ

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 7:32 PM

That weasel guy is C from "A Bronx Tale" I love that movie and when i saw him it freaked me out becasue I knew he was familiar. I looked it up on IMDB.com cause im a nerd.

violet4120

violet4120

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 9:23 PM

Just saw Weevil, or Francis Capra, in Without a Trace (tonight's new episode). I can't help it, but I'm finding him more and more sexy every time I see him.

outoffashion

outoffashion

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 11:44 PM

yorkvillegirl I think you're getting Enrico Colantoni confused with Hector Elizondo.

Enrico Colantoni is probably most know for his tv work on Just Shoot Me, Hope and Gloria and his most latest guest work on Monk.

Hector Elizondo is best known for being Garry Marshell's good luck charm by having roles in his movies (afformentioned Princess Diaries movies, The Other Sister, and of course Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride) and also being on the tv show Chicago Hope.

alabaster

alabaster

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 24, 2004 @ 10:54 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the actress who plays Veronica's mother, Leanne, did two guest spots on Joan of Arcadia last season as the mother of a little boy with cystic fibrosis.

Yeah you're right, she was Rocky's mom. She was on once Friends too, before it became unwatchable.

Amanda Seyfried, who played Lily Kane was in Mean Girls with Lindsay Lohan. She was Karen, the dizziest of 'the Plastics'.

EDIT: Apparently it's Lilly, not Lily, and also, Lianne, not Leanne. According to UPN's site, anyway.

Edited by alabaster, Sep 24, 2004 @ 11:35 AM.

yorkvillegirl

yorkvillegirl

Posted Sep 24, 2004 @ 11:22 AM

thanks outoffashion. I don't know why I get these 2 actors mixed up, i do think they look alike, but maybe my eyesight and memory are going.

JennB

JennB

Stalker

Posted Sep 25, 2004 @ 12:28 PM

I thought the guy who plays Wallace (Percy Daggs, III) looked familiar, too, and I just realized why - he's the kid in the Nestle Crunch commercials with Shaquille O'Neal.

Edited by JennB, Sep 25, 2004 @ 12:29 PM.

brookmonton

brookmonton

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 9:47 AM

How soon we forget. Veronica's mother is played by Corinne Bohrer who was the star of her own series not so long ago. Okay, it was 15 years ago and it was a TGIF sitcom that lasted half a season. The show was called Free Spirit and Bohrer played a nanny who was secretly a witch. Rember, there were a couple of seasaons when ABC tried a lot of Bewitched updates/ripoffs. One of the kids Bohrer worked with was Alyson Hannigan.

NeptuneCaliFan

NeptuneCaliFan

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 2:00 PM

The actor who plays Felix is Brad Bufanda. He was in A Cinderella Story, playing David, Chad Michael Murray's friend. Brad has been on Days of Our Lives and Guest Starred on CSI Miami, Even Stevens and some other stuff. He's a rapper too, "bradley b" and was on Mtv:Duets with Foxy Brown.

Edited by NeptuneCaliFan, Sep 28, 2004 @ 10:20 AM.

comicbookie

comicbookie

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 28, 2004 @ 11:10 AM

I remember Kristen Bell from Deadwood when she played Flora. Francis Capra I remember from The O.C.. He was that thug in jail with Ryan.

senor coconut

senor coconut

Fanatic

Posted Sep 28, 2004 @ 7:08 PM

Corinne Bohrer did a lot of commercials in the mid-90s, too.

Soleil

Soleil

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 2:55 AM

I desperately have to go to bed soon, but I just had to let you all know about this. There's someone else in the VM cast besides Percy Daggs III who has worked alongside Shaquille O'Neal.

It's our resident Hottie, Francis Capra.

Ka-Zaam!

Hahahaha, heheheheh, *breathe*, Ho-ho-huhuhuuhhh

Jinnie

Jinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 2:56 AM

Amanda Seyfried, who played Lily Kane was in Mean Girls with Lindsay Lohan. She was Karen, the dizziest of 'the Plastics'.

Thank you! That was bugging me.

commafan

commafan

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 3:06 AM

Was the hotel receptionist in tonight's episode played by Emma Caufield (Anya of Buffy fame)?

Granted, it was a role far too small for her talent - and my mind may be playing tricks with all the Buffy/Veronica Mars comparisons on the board, but the resemblence was uncanny, if not.

SunMoonStar

SunMoonStar

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 9:28 AM

It wasn't her, I'm pretty sure unless my eyes have really gotten bad.

Wasn't Kristen in the "Graduation" video by Vitamin C?

jm chen

jm chen

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 10:02 AM

For those of you who missed Kristen Bell on "Deadwood," she was completely incredible. She played Flora, a teen drifter/grifter who came into town with her brother, immediately got hired at one of the town's two brothels, got a guy stabbed over her, had a couple kick-ass scenes where it became clear her innocence was totally faux, stole the madam's jewels and got the madam to let her go, and got ready to blow town. Of course because it was "Deadwood," there was lots of profanity, and she ended up getting caught, beaten to a pulp in the street, and then fatally shot.

I remember looking her up and being disappointed that Spartan was pretty much her only other credit. But after the "Deadwood" appearance playing a girl who's been drugged and raped and had her best friend murdered is (surprisingly!) not even that dark.

Inquisitionist

Inquisitionist

Stalker

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 4:40 PM

The only reason I even know about this show is because of Kyle Secor, aka Tim Bayliss of Homicide: Life on the Street, who is guest-starring as the so-far-almost-dialogue-free Jake Kane. I hope he gets some lines soon. Damn, he still looks great.

jm chen

jm chen

Fanatic

Posted Sep 29, 2004 @ 5:07 PM

Love Kyle Secor! Let's pray this series lasts longer than his last two, "Philly" and "City of Angels."