Ghost Hunters

• Please log in to reply

3977 replies to this topic

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 12:00 PM

Yesterday Grant tweeted that he's on a whirlwind vacation with his family and wished his wife a happy 15th wedding anniversary. He's done GH for what, 8 years? He's been gone the better part of half his marriage for the most part. I think that's why he left. JMO YMMV

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

I hope Grant and his wife find a good work/life balance, and work for either one or both of them, that is satisfying, fulfilling, and fun! I may have had negative feelings about Grant from time to time over the years, but if he is choosing family over GH, GOOD on him!

AwNutz

AwNutz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

I'm curious to see what's going to happen to the group dynamics with Grant gone next season. You can already see them starting to play with different pairings to see what works. More than they normally do, anyway. Just so long as they don't split up Steve and Tango. I just get a kick out of those two together, and neither is as interesting or funny with the other members as they are with each other.

The feel of the last two eppys was just off. The mood change is palpable.

Oscem

Oscem

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

I'm curious to see what's going to happen to the group dynamics with Grant gone next season. You can already see them starting to play with different pairings to see what works. More than they normally do, anyway. Just so long as they don't split up Steve and Tango. I just get a kick out of those two together, and neither is as interesting or funny with the other members as they are with each other.

The feel of the last two eppys was just off. The mood change is palpable.

I wish they'd stop interviewing the crew about Grant leaving every ten minutes. We know it's sad, but for hell's sake, we GET IT. I'd rather watch him investigate than listen to him say "I only have a few more cases left, so I'd better make the most of them" or hear one of the other TAPS members repeat "It's going to be strange without Grant." over and over again. If they want to work Grant's leaving into every episode, I'd much rather they take five minutes to let Steve or Tango or Amy or you know, his partner, Jason, share a favorite or memorable moment of Grant. I'd also love to see him investigate with each member of the team before he goes, too. And maybe he really is just devastated to be leaving, but he looked like total hell on the last episode. Very worn down, very tired, just not the Grant we saw the first few years. I know he said he's not sick, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's just plain exhausted and ready to be done.

I will definitely miss him on the show, but wish him well - I started out with Jason as my favorite of the two, but Grant really grew on me and became my favorite - it won't be the same without him. As far as his replacement, I'm thinking Steve is in line to take a lead role - I know he's Tech Manager, but I don't remember him joining Grant and Jason on their scouting tours on a regular basis. It'd be a well-deserved 'promotion' for Steve, but I agree - Steve and Tango can't be split up as partners. Mixing things up sometimes is always a welcome change, but I need my Steve and Tango fix - Amy and Adam make me laugh sometimes, but nowhere near as much as Steve and Tango. They're my favorite platonic TV married couple ;).

On a random note, I was invited to attend a paranormal investigation this past weekend - a group was investigating the historic home and grounds of a famous author who lived in my city in the 1800s - the house/grounds are now a museum where one of my good friends handles the museum's events. Unfortunately, I was out of town for work until a few hours before the investigation, but I did *think* about going. However, since I had a rather unpleasant experience at this museum last year that really freaked me out (and I was just there for an event in the daytime - we were up in my friend's office, which is located on the second floor of one of the old houses), I actually had to think about it - I'm not comfortable in several places at the museum any longer. I have to give TAPS credit for going back to locations where they've experienced strange things before and just for keeping their cool during investigations when they think they see or hear something. I've been dying to go on an investigation for a couple of years now, but once the chance came, I think I realized I don't have the nerves for one ;). I guess I'll just live vicariously through their cases and hunt for shadows on TV from the safety of my couch ;).

austentatious

austentatious

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

I'm enjoying the marathon today.
I always love the first episode of any series. I like how the dynamics change over the years and how stilted the participants can be in the beginning.
That said, I still don't like seeing Brian Harnois...

I didn't realize it was the first episode that had the EVP, "They don't want us" and the mother bursting into tears.

I remember how much I looked forward to Wednesday evening with Ghost Hunters.

Anyway, other than Brian saying "Dude" and "What the hell..." every 30 seconds, I'm enjoying the walk down memory lane.

Oscem

Oscem

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

Anyway, other than Brian saying "Dude" and "What the hell..." every 30 seconds, I'm enjoying the walk down memory lane.

The Harnois stuff is a total bonus - I forgot how much of a tool he was! I'm watching the marathon, too, even though I have the first season DVDs, but I'm off work this week. Just saw poor Steve get yelled at in the Winchester House because of Harnois' incompetence - made me want to shove Brian into one of those twisting staircases and lock the door behind him. I also forgot how annoying Donna was - seeing Donna and Brian makes me really appreciate how much more professional Amy and Adam are. Donna's inattentiveness to the footage/data is annoying - probably because she reminds me of myself, but I have an autoimmune disease that can mimic ADD symptoms, and take meds for it to help with the foggy brain, but still work on my ability to focus without the meds, even when it involves doing something I love. Donna just looked bored.

Ugh. The Queen Mary. I HATE HATE HATE this case. What a waste of time.

Can't WAIT until the St. Augustine Lighthouse episode at 2 PM (EST for me). Still my favorite episode, still scares the living sh*t out of me, and I don't think I've watched it in at least a year, so this will be a serious treat. It's supposed to thunderstorm around 2 here, so that may just add to the creepiness of the episode.

Really going to be sorry to say goodbye to Grant tonight. I'm glad they're still going on a case, as opposed to doing some sort of clip show - anything other than an investigation would just seem wrong.

And since the rest of you seem to have lives tonight and I'm posting again post-show ;):

Seriously? No one's posting about this yet? The investigation was good, and even Mr. Oscem shed a tear or two at the final fist bump, which just felt so wrong without hearing 'Onto the next, bro'. It was a great send-off for Grant, and I hope he's extremely proud of the work he's done.

Now...can we talk about the pink elephant in the previews?!?!?

Spoiler

Edited by Oscem, May 16, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

AwNutz

AwNutz

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Oscem, you weren't the only ones shedding a few tears. I'm blaming hormones. (Not pregnant...) I had to LOL just a tiny bit at Amy and Adam (who has been such a wonderful addition to the team, IMO) realizing the windows were banging due to the wind, not a ghost. And the attempt to cover up feeling silly by saying, "Well, I guess we made it harder for you by locking the windows."

I will, however, miss Grant. For whatever reason, he's always been my favorite of the crew. I like Jay, but Grant just seems more calm somehow. I think the show will do just fine without him, but it doesn't mean I won't miss seeing him. LOL'd at his comment about watching the new season from the couch. I hope he comes out of "retirement" every once in a while for a special eppy, like the live Halloween one. A girl can dream.

As for Harnois, the only thing he was good for was the laughs we all got when the jackoff ran away from the ghost..."DUDE! RUN!" Choad...

harrie

harrie

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I caught some of the marathon episodes yesterday and really loved the Harnois stuff. "Dude, run" is a classic that will stand the test of time, but I had forgotten (or hadn't seen) the one where Harnois is leading the TAPS trucks, driving all around Altoona because he doesn't remember/have directions to their destination. The show cuts between the truck with Brian/Steve and Jay/Grant; and while it's predictable, I still found the "Do you think he knows where he's going?" shot followed by "I'm not sure where we're going" etc. pretty funny. When they finally arrive and get out, Jay comments that they passed the destination twice, and at one point were sitting in front of it at a light - at which point Brian turned left. Good times.

And of course, I'll miss Grant. I'll miss Amy too - alot - when the time comes.

Edited by harrie, May 17, 2012 @ 1:00 PM.

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:13 PM

I enjoyed Grant's final show, since they did their Spalding Inn. The place looks so much better now after they've fixed it up. Great activity, I can see why they bought it.

Amy announced her news via Twitter last week, so I'm not sure it's a secret. She says she's not leaving, so we'll see how it works out.

spritz

spritz

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 11:09 PM

Too bad Grant's final show was so self serving. It was essentially an infomercial for his business, the Spalding Inn. This was the second time GH investigated the inn. One self promoting infomercial was bad enough but two. Just shameless.

In any case, the investigation was kind of boring. It wasn't a good way for Grant to make his exit from the show.

mstarheel

mstarheel

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

Rutrow....SyFy is running several GH eps today, caught part of one during breakfast. All of a sudden, a preview for Sept. came on--"...even with Grant gone, GH continues blah, blah...." with Amy's "I'm pregnant," then a disturbing bit with Jason saying, "Steve would have had that done by now" and flashes of Tango's face interwoven with J's statement! Do not go there, GH! Dave Tango does not deserve that! If they try to go back to the manufactured drama of the Brian years and make Tango a fall guy, I will travel northward and track those black SUVs down and fistbump Jason's midsection! And they better not break up the investigating comedy duo of Tango & Steve! I know the preview audio probably doesn't have anything to do with the video, but it certainly made me cough up my granola.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

So tonight is the first Grant-free new episode. Can't say I'm looking forward to it. No disrespect to the remaining crew, but Grant's sweetness was such an integral part of GH as we've known it.

They are also showing a mini-marathon today before the new episode, which I am looking forward to, as my DVR died over the summer with the last two Grant episodes on it, as yet unwatched. At least I'll be able to see them before the new show.

Accord64

Accord64

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Just saw the first Grant-less episode.

There was a day when TAPS at least acted like they wanted to perform an impartial investigation. I know those days are long gone, but I think they've again skewed the production emphasis too much on the freaky. Way too much over-produced segments and music. It also didn't help to have that annoying kid keep trying to tell the supposed insane inmate spirits to stop touching poor Haggar. They need to dump this guy fast, because he believes in the paranormal way too much.

Other than the scratching, there was a disappointing amount of other evidence. You'd think that a place with that much alleged paranormal activity would have shown up in other areas. Makes me wonder why they even bother to set up all those IR cameras anymore.

I'll stick with the show until something else comes on Wednesday nights, and it's only because of Jason, Steve, and Tango. The rest of them can be left behind. Amy will likely have to limit her investigation time anyway.

Edited by Accord64, Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:28 PM.

ragglesnaggle

ragglesnaggle

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:42 PM

My neck feels hot.
Here?
No.
It's red here.
Oh, yeah, there.

*runs hand across arm*
My arm hurts!
Something scratched you!

I'm kinda done with GH after this.

Maleren

Maleren

Just Tuned In

Posted Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

There have been numerous groups that have investigated the Old City Jail in Charleston, SC. Paranormal State and Ghost Adventures have investigated the Old City Jail also. My home town. I was born & raised there and heard the stories my whole life. I move to Pennsylvania about 6 years ago with my husband and I can't wait to go back for a visit.

I think they did a very good job in the investigation tonight. I am happy for Amy. I miss Grant very much but I think the group with continue to do well just as he wanted them to do.

Charleston, SC is a very old and very haunted city. Ghost Hunters could spend a month and still not get to all the locations to investigate. It's a very beautiful historic and proud city.

Edited by Maleren, Sep 5, 2012 @ 9:56 PM.

NoLoContendere

NoLoContendere

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 9:58 AM

[snip] I thought last night's episode was their worst episode ever. Adam has never been a favorite but last night he was so annoying I had to ff'd any scene with him in it. Listening to Amy yammer about being pregnant is going to get old very quickly. Steve and Tango were barely on. All in all a simply horrible episode. If this is what the show is going to be like sans Grant, I may be cancelling my season pass.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 11, 2012 @ 9:51 AM.
Quoted post was deleted

Stlouielouie

Stlouielouie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 10:16 AM

I thought last night's episode was their worst episode ever. Adam has never been a favorite but last night he was so annoying I had to ff'd any scene with him in it. Listening to Amy yammer about being pregnant is going to get old very quickly. Steve and Tango were barely on. All in all a simply horrible episode.

Totally agree - Adam was acting like an idiot. "Do not touch her!" Really?!??! and Jason was scratched and no other male. I used to love this show but now if I see it - I see it. It is feeling so fake! I miss Steve and Tango together. I also miss Grant...

AmyLynnEsq

AmyLynnEsq

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 11:30 AM

Were Steve and Tango together at all last night? If so, I missed it. It had a very "Ghost Adventures" feel, with the narration, the re-enactments (anyone notice Lavinia's french tip acrylics? Very fashion forward for the 1800s).

Does anyone have any details on the new female investigator? Why do I fear she's going to be a ghost huntin' hoochie?

Accord64

Accord64

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 12:42 PM

Does anyone have any details on the new female investigator? Why do I fear she's going to be a ghost huntin' hoochie?

Are you talking about the girl that kept getting scratched? If so, she was part of the camera crew. Not an investigator, at least not yet. I got the feeling that she was angling for Amy's spot after she leaves on pregnancy leave.

Adam was acting like an idiot. "Do not touch her!" Really?!??!

That! So if she was really getting scratched by a spirit (who would have been an insane inmate), then how does Adam think he could get it to stop by simply demanding so? Probably explains why she kept getting scratched. Adam needs a good bitch-slap and then should be sent home.

I think she was either scratching herself, or was so freaked out about it (due to Adam's drama) that her mind was causing these physical manifestations. My vote is that she's trying to get into the team by faking the scratches.

I'm so tired of how most of the activity they encounter is of a 'personal experience' that can't really be documented. A little too convenient...

AmyLynnEsq

AmyLynnEsq

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 1:20 PM

Are you talking about the girl that kept getting scratched? If so, she was part of the camera crew. Not an investigator, at least not yet. I got the feeling that she was angling for Amy's spot after she leaves on pregnancy leave.

No, one of the previews shows a new girl joining the team. A quick google search indicated her name was Ashley.

Again, this is something they do all the time on Ghost Adventures. And I've never been impressed with Adam. Even when he was competing on Ghost Hunters Academy, I didn't like him much. Would have much preferred they bring back one of the old gang- Dustin, Kristyn or Andy would have been much better!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Sep 11, 2012 @ 9:52 AM.
Adjusted quote tags

emma675

emma675

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

Good lord, he thought he was being so tough and it was sooo embarrassing. I was really hoping a spirit would smack him in the face and knock that act out of him. I'm sure he means well, but he is painful to watch.

And did you guys know Amy is pregnant? I honestly couldn't tell, she only mentioned it 1,000 times in an hour.

And Hagar? Hagar?!? Who names their kid that?

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

And Hagar? Hagar?!? Who names their kid that?

Apparently she's of Egyptian descent, from what Grant said on Twitter last night. Maybe that's a common name in Egypt? I don't know. But I had the same thought.

lovemydogs

lovemydogs

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 9:04 PM

I thought they were calling her by her last name at first.

AwNutz

AwNutz

Fanatic

Posted Sep 6, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

Did anyone find themselves silently adding, "the Horrible" to her name each time they said it? Just me? Oops.

Adam doesn't typically bug me, because he and Amy have that cute brother/sister vibe going most of the time. Tonight, though, I did want the ghost to bitch-slap him at least once.

vintagesac

vintagesac

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

I was also feeling sorry for her with the name Hagar and was amazed by how much she resembles Lady Gaga. Adam needs to go away, I've never liked him and he is just getting ridiculous. It seemed like without Grant there the crew wasn't enjoying it anymore. There was just a kind of sad, business-like vibe from everyone. Even Steve and Tango, who are usually so cute and funny together.

mariolatry521

mariolatry521

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

Hagar is a biblical name - she was the second wife of the patriarch Abraham.

GH Hagar was annoying as shit. Adam was more passionate about telling the spirits to leave her alone than Hagar was. She was so whiney. Stop touching meeee.

Not a fan of the re-enactments. I hope that's not a permanent feature now.

Maybe this show should've gone with Grant. I wonder if he'll ever come back.

Hey, did you guys know that Amy is PREGNANT? With a BABY?

Jess Sayin

Jess Sayin

Fanatic

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

Did anyone find themselves silently adding, "the Horrible" to her name each time they said it? Just me? Oops.

(Small voice) Yes, me.

All the overly-dramatic "Stop. Touching. Her" was very reminiscent of Zak from GA. I kept expecting the guys to shriek and run! If they start calling each other "bro", I'm out.

Edited by Jess Sayin, Sep 7, 2012 @ 11:26 PM.

Kitty Bac

Kitty Bac

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

I did, but I also wondered if her parents were Sammy Hagar fans...

RoxyMonoxide

RoxyMonoxide

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:03 AM

Turned this one for the first time in years.

Someone tell Travis it's time to take this show out and do what's right by it. It's served us well, but it's now clearly rabid as it's foaming at the mouth with stupidity. It's okay, Travis. We'll find you another show. We'll find you a whole litter of 'em.

KittyMarthaPoo

KittyMarthaPoo

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 11, 2012 @ 8:08 AM

I haven't watched this show in years. I could no longer tolerate Jason Hawes interrupting everyone all the time, his incessant abruptness & scolding everyone all the time, nor could I stand Steve's monotone voice & endless amount of phobias. Now reading some of these comments, I think I want to take another look.