S2: Jennifer M. - Legally Blah

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2303 replies to this topic

Rydell

Rydell

Posted Sep 3, 2004 @ 7:12 PM

Jennifer M.: 30 years old; an attorney from San Francisco, California.

More information on The Apprentice website

[Thanks to kittyglitter for the new thread title!]

Edited by Jacob, Nov 14, 2005 @ 5:47 AM.

qkslvr

qkslvr

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2004 @ 7:19 AM

Jennifer, 30, received her undergraduate degree from Princeton in English and her law degree from Harvard. She graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Princeton, and was nominated for the Pyne Prize, Princeton's highest honor.

Whoa.

ETA: Is she 29 or 30?

Edited by qkslvr, Sep 4, 2004 @ 7:19 AM.

BroMom

BroMom

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 4, 2004 @ 12:11 PM

For the love of God-in-the-tub, how are we supposed to tell these blondes apart???? Miss Allie has my sympathies.

Topic: Brains plus beauty, and not a lot of over-the-top bragging in the bio. So far, color me impressed.

Rydell

Rydell

Posted Sep 4, 2004 @ 2:38 PM

ETA: Is she 29 or 30?

She's probably 30. According to Entertainment Weekly (September 3 issue), she's 29, but she probably shaved a year off of her age when she was interviewed by Entertainment Weekly. I'll go with what the official bio is on the website.

goobaletta

goobaletta

Fanatic

Posted Sep 4, 2004 @ 5:50 PM

Over in the Spoiler thread there's more information about Jennifer M. She may be a lawyer and smart, but check out this quote from the linked post:

After all, she had a role in a video her former firm, Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, produced for an office Christmas party in 2000. In that flick a spoof of James Bond Massey played a blonde beauty opposite former Chairman Tower Snow Jr.'s Bond.

Hmmm...

Rainmaker

Rainmaker

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 2:26 AM

I think she's the most attractive of the women. Is she the one that says "the bowtie has got to go" in the previews? Hopefully we'll be seeing more of her and her purchased pair for quite a while.

ferretrick

ferretrick

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 7:30 AM

Katrina 2.0

MingoMoll

MingoMoll

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 1:27 PM

I liked her attitude, and I think she could use the "under the radar" technique to her advantage (the "she's yet another blonde" mindset).
Oh, and... anyone who puts Anne of Green Gables as one of her favorite books on her Friendster profile is alright by me. I'm going to go sit back in the corner and be quiet now.

meatballs

meatballs

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 1:53 PM

She is very hot and very smart. Katrina got nothing on this girl.

Nutria

Nutria

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 2:35 PM

She's pretty and sounds smart (judging by her bio), but isn't she the one that showed up to the boardroom in the boob-tube-dress? That took several points off my opinion of her.

StaringAtTheBox

StaringAtTheBox

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 4:43 PM

She reminds me a bit of Jeri Ryan.

SillyCilla

SillyCilla

Fanatic

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 8:20 PM

All these blondes all look the same to me - she's just another cookie cutter.

scarlet1815

scarlet1815

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2004 @ 10:52 PM

She reminds me of the femulleted DJ in Robbie William's "Rock DJ" video (the one where he's ripping off bits of his flesh in the middle of a coked-out Roller Derby.)

Edited by scarlet1815, Sep 12, 2004 @ 10:53 PM.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Sep 13, 2004 @ 6:36 PM

Eh. She isn't distinctive (yet).

Babalu

Babalu

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2004 @ 7:21 PM

You're not kidding, jcpdiesel21. When I saw there was a new post in her thread, I thought, "Gee, does somebody actually remember who she is?"

Edited by Babalu, Sep 13, 2004 @ 7:21 PM.

slackerchick

slackerchick

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 13, 2004 @ 7:44 PM

My friend worked with her at Brobeck, and he said she was surprisingly nice. Surprising, since she is apparently scarily smart and pretty. And my friend hates everyone, so that must mean something. There--third hand information that she is "nice"

Rainmaker

Rainmaker

Posted Sep 17, 2004 @ 3:39 AM

1:35 AM on the West Coast and not a single post for my girl Jennifer M.? I'm surprised because I thought she had a lot of screen time tonight - hopefully she'll start to make more of an impression. I did like that she was the first to call out Ivana as a bad leader in the boardroom. However, any of that clapping abruptly stopped when she inexplicably then said she'd want Stacie gone if she had to choose. Just didn't make sense.

NYCynthia

NYCynthia

Posted Sep 17, 2004 @ 3:48 AM

I really think Jennifer M. is a sleeper candidate. She's made no missteps that we've seen so far, she's obviously quite bright and capable, and I think she's doing a good job of flying under the radar while still contributing to the tasks at hand.
I expect her to emerge as a strong candidate at some point--hopefully soon.

Or she'll unexpectedly go batshit crazy like Baldford, Jennifer C., and Ivana did tonight!

ankathry

ankathry

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 17, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

I agree. So far, she and Elizabeth are the only women who haven't proven themselves to be shallow, incompetent, rude, and/or crazy (although I feel Pamela makes her craziness work). And somehow Jennifer M. inspires me with more confidence than does Elizabeth.

Douggley

Douggley

Fanatic

Posted Sep 17, 2004 @ 9:16 PM

I think she'll make final five, definitely.

NYCynthia

NYCynthia

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 4:04 AM

somehow Jennifer M. inspires me with more confidence than does Elizabeth.

Me too. I think it's Elizabeth's caterpillars-for-eyebrows. Fugly!

And also, I just have a girl crush on Jennifer M.

Edited by NYCynthia, Sep 18, 2004 @ 4:05 AM.

Kiwi Kath

Kiwi Kath

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 4:03 PM

I did like that she was the first to call out Ivana as a bad leader in the boardroom. However, any of that clapping abruptly stopped when she inexplicably then said she'd want Stacie gone if she had to choose. Just didn't make sense.

Really, Rainmaker, what was that all about? It made her seem really indecisive. But she just might be one to watch. (She's very pretty, but she I wish she would tone down the lip gloss a tad.)

lucinator

lucinator

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 5:18 PM

I don't think Jennifer said anything contradictory. When DT asked her about Ivana's leadership, she said that Ivana could have been more decisive and was "not great". Later, he asked her to choose between Stacie and Ivana and she chose Ivana. Kind of a "lesser of two evils" decision. I thought she did a great job of flying under the DT/Viceroy radar and playing the team politics.

Edited by lucinator, Sep 18, 2004 @ 5:19 PM.

NYCynthia

NYCynthia

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 5:19 PM

I agree with lucinator on this one; it was a very subtle way of saying "they both suck, but I think Stacie sucks more right now if I HAD to choose".
She said Ivana could have been more decisive. Trumpy: not great? Jennifer: Not great.

At the end she did say that he should fire Stacie, "based on the history".

Edited by NYCynthia, Sep 18, 2004 @ 5:27 PM.

Yumpy

Yumpy

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 7:31 PM

so boring...

Tortolia

Tortolia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 9:33 PM

Her boardroom behavior, particularly in contrast to Elizabeth (stop rambling, please), makes me think she's a top candidate.

You can tell that her courtroom experience is going to serve her well in the Boardroom, because she shut up, didn't talk back, didn't speak out of turn, and got directly to the point.

Go Jennifer.

archer1267

archer1267

Fanatic

Posted Sep 18, 2004 @ 9:36 PM

I agree. I think she's one of the few women who could have a shot at this thing (Maria being the other).

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2004 @ 12:39 AM

I'm a little concerned about the veracity of her statement that she was a Pyne Prize winner -- it's Princeton's highest honor and not that easy to fake -- because if she was a grad in '96, as someone suggested in another thread, well, the Pyne Prizes in 1996 were given to Derek Kilmer and Dan Walter. In 1997, the Pyne Prize was given to Davis McCallum and Andrea Rolla.

A quick web search (and my husband's backlog of Princeton PAWs) reveals that no one even remotely fitting her name, profile, or description won the Pyne Prize between 1995 and the present.

She's either older than thirty, and thus lying about her age (something that's been done before on this show) or lying about the prize, which is pretty major.

archer1267

archer1267

Fanatic

Posted Sep 19, 2004 @ 12:47 AM

On the bio at NBC's site, it says she was a nominee for the prize. Does it say elsewhere that she won it?

keckler

keckler

Stalker

Posted Sep 19, 2004 @ 12:48 AM

Ah, never mind. Serves me right for not reading slower!

But talk about resume padding at its best. Being a nominee means nothing -- they don't even announce those. In fact, the entire class are nominees and it's not even verifiable!

Hm, maybe my husband start should putting that on his resume.

Edited by keckler, Sep 19, 2004 @ 1:08 AM.