Veronica Mars in the Media

• Please log in to reply

12714 replies to this topic

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Sep 30, 2012 @ 8:36 AM

'Veronica Mars': Why You Should Watch The Kristen Bell Series

Once you get past the elevator pitch — a sassy teen sleuth — “Veronica Mars” is purely thrilling TV. The show launched the careers of both Kristen Bell and Amanda Seyfried and made Steve Guttenberg relevant again. The Gute! As if those bits of information weren’t enough convincing, here are more reasons why you need to check out “Veronica Mars.”

Good enough reasons. But I'd like to add Jason Dohring/Logan Echolls on that list!

hotspurious

hotspurious

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 13, 2013 @ 7:33 PM

Holy Guacamole!!

http://www.kickstart...roject?ref=live

And this is only their first day. :squeeing with joy::

THIS.MIGHT.ACTUALLY.HAPPEN.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Mar 14, 2013 @ 3:46 AM

It's already happened. They're making the movie. Check out the Veronica Mars Movie thread :)

Pharangese

Pharangese

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 5:05 PM

Awesome interview with CNN and Rob Thomas

“Veronica Mars” creator Rob Thomas joins “Stating Point” to discuss fans raising millions of dollars for a film.

“The movement sending SHOCKWAVE across the industry.”

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Mar 15, 2013 @ 5:10 PM

WOW. He looks SUPER YOUNG!

Pharangese

Pharangese

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2013 @ 9:54 AM

Huffington Post Interview with Rob Thomas

"Veronica Mars" ended its run on TV with the title character walking away into a pouring rain. It was a bleak finale with a tiny cliffhanger: Veronica (Kristen Bell) had basically destroyed her father's chances at being reelected sheriff and their relationship was fractured.

Now, six years later, the character will return in a blaze of glory, thanks to a movie Kickstarter campaign from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas backed by Bell. The Kickstarter campaign promised a movie reunion would happen if it raised $2 million in 30 days, but fans made that happen in approximately 11 hours, ensuring new life for "Mars."

"It's like nothing else I have ever experienced really," Thomas said in a phone interview with The Huffington Post. "Waking up to 500, 600 emails in my box and then just the phone constantly ringing ... It's great for everything we've been working towards and I just wasn't quite prepared for it."

Since "Veronica Mars" ended in 2007, fans have been clamoring for some kind of continuation. The series was never a ratings winner -- it pulled in around 2 or 3 million viewers during its three-year run -- and was always on the brink of cancellation. When the axe finally dropped, discussion of movies, comic books and all sorts of resolution popped up. Throughout the years, Thomas and Bell were vocal about their desire to do a film, but it was never a sure thing. Fast forward to March 2013 and now "Veronica Mars" is back and its return getting more attention than the show ever received. The "Veronica Mars" movie is scheduled to shoot during the summer of 2013 with an early 2014 release date. Warner Bros. will distribute the movie and pay for certain aspects of the film, but the money raised on Kickstarter -- now over $3.5 million -- will be the film's budget.

Read on for more from Thomas on the whirlwind return of his neo-noir world of Neptune, California, what fans can expect from the film, the hype and fears it brings and more.

Click the link to read the full interview. I thought it was a great interview.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2013 @ 3:17 PM

Life on Mars

The teen-centered drama about a girl living in Neptune, California being raised by a single father who was kicked out of office as county sheriff and her trusty dog Backup. The character of Veronica Mars was tough-as-nails and sarcastic as all hell. She spent her days after school, and sometimes during, investigating her best friend's mysterious murder all the while uncovering more than she ever would have bargained for. Veronica Mars was a landmark show that showcased heightened drama and nail-biting thrills that kept you on edge and begging for more every time. In the current era of programs that are riddled with teens dealing with fashion, pregnancy, vampires and more, it's even more necessary that a Veronica Mars movie be made to bring back the true teen perspective, vitality and nuance that has been sorely lacking in many of todays teen based shows.

[snip]

With the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter success, fans are hoping that other canceled shows will take the film's lead and make movie magic as well. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Xena, Charmed and Gilmore Girls have seemingly been the most vocal about wanted efforts after the huge announcement about Veronica Mars. Hopefully more show runners from departed programs will take notice and take the opportunity and run with it. The possibilities with any show that has gone to television heaven really are endless now with Kickstarter and other funding websites.

They always say that where there is a will, there is a way. And the way that the Veronica Mars movie is picking up speed, the fans will be enjoying the payoff of the film's labor of love in the very near future. With teen shows focused less on substance and more on style these days, maybe networks should take a good look once again at Veronica Mars and learn some lessons. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and never underestimate the power that fans truly hold.

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2013 @ 9:00 AM

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Xena, Charmed and Gilmore Girls have seemingly been the most vocal about wanted efforts after the huge announcement about Veronica Mars.

While those shows had similarly loyal followings, I doubt they'd have the same reaction. Those shows were all on TV for many seasons, and had the chance at a proper *ending.* Viewers weren't left hanging like we were with VM. Buffy is probably my favorite show of all time, but I would rather it be left with the ending it had.

colormeblue

colormeblue

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 10:13 PM

In the midst of all the excitement of the Kickstarter campaign, an apparent VM fan found a way to relate the pilot episode to the Steubenville rape case. It bears thinking about.

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Mar 26, 2013 @ 10:14 PM

How The VERONICA MARS Kickstarter Campaign Affects Independent Filmmakers

Part ONE

Part TWO

Pharangese

Pharangese

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:12 AM

Will Kickstarter Replace Hollywood?

You may have heard about the recent overwhelming success of the Veronica Mars movie Kickstarter, or you might be a "Marshmallow" yourself and have contributed. This is a big moment for fan communities, with Kickstarter giving them the opportunity to challenge the closed gates of the Hollywood system. Although it's funding is nowhere NEAR the amount Hollywood invests in moviemaking each year, crowdfunding is a way better indicator of what the audience wants to see, the one area Hollywood has failed in time and time again.

TalkingMuffin

TalkingMuffin

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 12:19 PM

Coming out of years of lurk-dom because it KILLS me that VM fans can do so well with the Kickstarter but can't win this poll:

EW's Greatest TV Couple Of All Time

Veronica and Logan are currently losing to Alias' Sydney and Vaughn. Hoping for a little last minute magic marshmallow power!

HoneyBee

HoneyBee

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

10 Reasons to Drop Everything and Watch ‘Veronica Mars’

But now, after about 6 years off the air, we are going to find out what happened to Veronica and the gang. Do you not understand how exciting this is? (It’s really exciting, FYI.) And if you think I’m crazy, just watch the damn show already. You’ll get it.

CinnamonCat

CinnamonCat

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

I don't know what to think about this:

http://www.hollywood...k-series-585496

(I also am not sure which thread to post it to, so I apologize in advance)

foolmt

foolmt

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 4, 2014 @ 12:19 PM

TMZ is reporting Michael Muhney was fired from the Young and Restless:  http://www.tmz.com/2...grobing-breast/

Edit: I know it's been reported before, but this is the first thing I've seen that had explicit details.

Edited by foolmt, Jan 4, 2014 @ 12:24 PM.

LoVeLogan

LoVeLogan

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 12:25 PM

Hey there Marshmellows!

I'm glad to be here! Check this  out, Veronica just made this top heroines list!

http://whitmansyawp....power-heroines/

There's also an article with Logan on the site. I think there's actually two other articles on VM on here! :)

Chyna

Chyna

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2014 @ 8:27 PM

Interview with Jason Dohring at Buzzfeed!

Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 15, 2014 @ 11:27 PM

So who do you think the spinoff is going to be about?

hollye

hollye

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 7:13 AM

So who do you think the spinoff is going to be about?

Rob Thomas gave an update on the concept for the spinoff:

Thomas provided HitFix's Alan Sepinwall with this description of the project: "The web series will have more in common with 'Party Down' tonally, but it will be about Ryan Hansen, or at least a version of Ryan Hansen, deciding to capitalize on the current 'Veronica Mars' heat to get his own series on the air. He'll try to pull his actor pals into the venture with varying degrees of success."

Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 7:21 AM

hollye thanks for the update. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I have to admit that I was hoping for something involving some of the characters in VM.

hollye

hollye

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 9:23 AM

Entertainment Weekly just unveiled this week's Veronica Mars cover here.

pau

pau

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 12:22 PM

Beautiful cover..awesome awesome awesome..i never dreamed i would see KB (Veronica) and JD (Logan) together on an EW cover..such a delicious gift..

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 4:31 PM

Ha, I loved Rob's comment about it: "That's right: ten years after Veronica Mars first appeared on television, and eight years after getting canceled, we've finally landed the cover story in Entertainment Weekly."

hollye

hollye

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 12:17 PM

EW now has a gallery up of the photos from their shoot with the cast.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 10:34 AM

The Entertainment Weekly with VM on the cover is now available! I checked their website to see if they had the accompanying article online but I didn't see anything new. I guess I'll have to go to the bookstore to check it out.