tobia

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2004 @ 10:33 AM

I found this.

garth

garth

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 4:42 PM

Link doesn't. Well, at least for me, anyway.

ethanvahlere

ethanvahlere

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2004 @ 11:27 AM

The New York Times has praised the pilot.

obi

obi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2004 @ 8:56 PM

UPN has been running those "Veronica Mars on.." ads for a while and every time I see them I always think, "do I really want to watch a show with a smart ass, waify, blonde chick with Ruthie-eyes for an hour every week"? Yeah, kinda.

Anyway, here's a little info on Ms. Mars

Polter-Cow

Polter-Cow

Stalker

Posted Sep 23, 2004 @ 12:49 AM

USA Today has praise as well.

Jinnie

Jinnie

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 24, 2004 @ 4:46 PM

Articles, puns and trivia. What more could you want?

TV Review: 'Veronica Mars'

Creator/exec producer Rob Thomas, the author of four novels and a collection of short stories, originally figured Veronica Mars to be the main character in a forthcoming book, which perhaps explains the complexity of the character.

Kristen Bell rings true

Teen mystery proves UPN's gotten a clue

UPN's new teen detective is no Nancy Drew

When Rob Thomas, creator and executive producer of the new UPN series "Veronica Mars," first dreamed up the teen detective series, the main character was male.

Even more here.

Edited by Jinnie, Sep 24, 2004 @ 4:46 PM.

Fabrisse

Fabrisse

Stalker

Posted Sep 24, 2004 @ 5:07 PM

Thank you. I've been trying to find more opinions.

areacode212

areacode212

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 8:48 PM

Kristen Bell is profiled in a "Fall's Hot Faces" article in the latest TV Guide.

Edited by areacode212, Sep 27, 2004 @ 8:49 PM.

kieyra

kieyra

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2004 @ 10:03 PM

It'll be a crime to miss sleuthing 'Veronica' -- Seattle Post-Intelligencer:

..."Veronica Mars" already is showing signs of being network television's next "Buffy," only set in an oceanside community called Neptune.

Edited by kieyra, Sep 27, 2004 @ 10:04 PM.

Benito

Benito

Posted Sep 28, 2004 @ 5:19 PM

That columnist is surprisingly insightful compared to most people who write about TV. Maybe she's a lurker here. Although, really, she should be more realistic about "Veronica's" chances.

I like the way she describes Veronica, although (probably like most of you, based on the comments I've seen), I disagree with the "wonderful father/daughter dynamic" part of her piece. Also, she brings up the "Nancy Drew" comparisons, but doesn't really follow through with an actual statement that they are bullshit. Also, of course, I've gone on record here as being against the "Scooby gang" approach, and she likes that--but at least it's a perceptive comparison.

Edited by Benito, Sep 28, 2004 @ 5:21 PM.

DeereGirl

DeereGirl

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 2, 2004 @ 8:00 AM

I hope this is in the right place - re: the UPN "official" site. Yesterday this link

http://www.upn.com/s..._mars/index.php

went to an upgrade notice, and navigating from the UPN main page took you to a lame-o generic "meet the cast" site,

http://www.upn.com/s...mpl/about.shtml

Now, today, if you open "all shows" and pick VM, you still go to the "meet the cast" site, but the original, non-templated wall of normal site is working again and has a new diary entry, which isn't as stupidly written as the new case file. You can also navigate to it by clicking on VM link under "featured shows" on the UPN homepage. Strange, no?

(Of course, by the time you read this it will probably be different, but both sites are active as of now.)

mlooney

mlooney

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 2, 2004 @ 9:04 AM

For that matter http://www.veronicamars.com "does the right thing", in that it redirects to the not lame site. (the lame site being the "meet the cast/about this show" site).

Edited by mlooney, Oct 2, 2004 @ 9:08 AM.

Cannibal

Cannibal

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 6:01 AM

Matt Roush talks VM.

Am I the only one who hasn't noticed any poor production values?

Foamy the Girl

Foamy the Girl

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 6:42 AM

I didn't notice anything poor (beyond Paris Hilton in general and maybe the stunt coordination) about the show. In fact it is really the only thing I watch on TV. Hell, I'm no longer a lurker.

JillyCoppercorn

JillyCoppercorn

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 11:16 AM

The only production problem I've noticed is that the sound mix is off occasionally, so that sometimes the dialogue is drowned out by the background noise and music. But otherwise, I think this show has rather high production values, especially for a UPN show.

Trace.Stevens

Trace.Stevens

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 5:35 PM

The only production problem I've noticed is that the sound mix is off occasionally, so that sometimes the dialogue is drowned out by the background noise and music.

I've noticed that too, but I think that's as much the actors not enunciating their lines properly as anything. I always understand what Veronica's saying, not so much the Boys of Prep (Troy in particular).

The production values seem about right for a UPN show; not dazzling but certainly not shoddy either.

Ipstenu

Ipstenu

Fanatic

Posted Oct 4, 2004 @ 10:34 PM

I thought the 'poor' production values was an attempt to be gritty (ala the early season of Xena). The show is filmed a bit grainy, but that adds to the noir feeling.

Feisty

Feisty

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 5, 2004 @ 6:52 PM

Okay, I think someone should go to the upn veronica mars site and email veronica. Something like "you and weevil are hotter than the sun." Someone other than me, because I'm not really a 'shipper. :)

wykbbb

wykbbb

Posted Oct 6, 2004 @ 9:16 AM

This is in Tuesday Watercooler at tvguide.com

It seems we got another viewer.

Note to my loyal readers who've been haranguing, er, encouraging me to watch Veronica Mars: Because the Veep face-off was scheduled for 9 pm/ET tonight, UPN feared their girl detective would be clobbered in the ratings. So they opted to air a rerun this week instead of an original episode. Smart move. I promise to check out Ms. Mars later on, kids.

This is from TV Gal at zap2it.com

If you aren't watching "Veronica Mars" (Tuesday, UPN, 9 p.m.) I would like a short essay as to why not. And the answer better not be that you are watching "One Tree Hill" (Tuesday, WB, 9 p.m.) instead or I'm giving you all a TV time out. Watching the smart, clever, sassy and independent women of "Gilmore Girls" and "Veronica Mars" back-to-back is a nice antidote to the women of "Survivor" and "The Apprentice."

Edited by wykbbb, Oct 6, 2004 @ 9:17 AM.

KatrinaJ

KatrinaJ

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2004 @ 2:59 PM

Hey, why do people have to dis the 'Hill? We can watch one and tape another. No need to be playa-hatin'.

corncerned

corncerned

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 6, 2004 @ 6:49 PM

from the humor website "Dateline: Hollywood":

UPN GAMBLING ON NEW 'QUALITY SHOW' STRATEGY
http://www.datelineh...p?articleID=306

Hollywood Executives at UPN are celebrating the initial critical acclaim and improved ratings their new "quality show" strategy is netting for the low-performing network. The success of shows such as "Kevin Hill" and "Veronica Mars" has validated the risk entertainment president Dawn Ostroff took when she abandoned UPN's long-standing business plan to air the worst crap available, commonly known as the "'Shasta McNasty' strategy."
[...]

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2004 @ 7:17 PM

Zap2it has the casting news for toolio Logan's parents. Wasn't sure from reading the site FAQ if Zap2it is 'mainstream' enough not to spoiler, so I'll just link it to be safe.

Zap2it

violet4120

violet4120

Fanatic

Posted Oct 6, 2004 @ 8:45 PM

So does that mean that Veronica Mars might actually have a chance in getting a full-season pickup? Because that'd be awesome.

Foamy the Girl

Foamy the Girl

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 6, 2004 @ 8:50 PM

God I hope so! But I refuse to jinx anything by forming an opinion. I will just enjoy it while it's on.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Oct 7, 2004 @ 9:02 PM

This probably doesn't count, but Percy was on Made last night. His sister wanted to become a surfer. His mom is his manager and basically favors him over her. There was a short clip of the family watching Veronica Mars and they mentioned the show by name.

Reba

Reba

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 12:07 PM

Entertainment Weekly listed Veronica Mars as one of the "5 Hot TV Shows Worth Watching" in the Oct 15th issue.

It has a two-thirds of a page story about the show - what it is about, why they like it and what you need to know to watch.

For context the other 4 shows are Desperate Housewives, Arrested Development, The Wire and Lost.

huggybuff

huggybuff

Fanatic

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 5:09 PM

Here's a mini interview with Kristen Bell... TV Guide Insider

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Oct 8, 2004 @ 5:51 PM

Aw. I like her. And she's hot.

Polter-Cow

Polter-Cow