Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

309 replies to this topic

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 3:45 PM

Anybody realize that they started running new episodes last Friday? Anyone care?

*jumps up and down and waves* I do, I do!! I'm finally catching up on eps that I've missed so the new eps to me are cake. I love this show SO much, it's scary.

Bloo vaguely annoys me, but I'm all about the other characters, especially Eduardo (whom I see has a lot of love here!). :-)

Gulielma

Gulielma

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 4:46 PM

I don't like Bloo myself. I adore Wilt and Eduardo, and even Mr. Herriman

About some issues raised upthread: I think that imaginary friends, once created, take on personalities of their own. For example, when Terrence created Red in order to smash Bloo, Red turns out to be a sweet guy who loves flowers, unicorns, etc.

caffinated

caffinated

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 25, 2005 @ 6:01 PM

For example, when Terrence created Red in order to smash Bloo, Red turns out to be a sweet guy who loves flowers, unicorns, etc.

Don't forget about talking on giant manphones!

Gulielma

Gulielma

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2005 @ 5:46 PM

"Are you bananas, Foster?"

"Fridgie, you've been warned about the dangers of unauthorized running."

"Stop being such a wimp!"
(Eduardo cowers)
"Ah, sweetie, I'm sorry. All I meant was STOP BEING SUCH A WIMP!"

And you might not believe what some posters on tvtome.com want to do to/with Wilt.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Jan 31, 2005 @ 8:15 PM

That bowling ep was a hoot. Madame Foster rocks.

And you might not believe what some posters on tvtome.com want to do to/with Wilt.

Seriously? Well, hell, I can see why: a fantastic, caring, upbeat personality and he can dance like nobody's bitness.

slaughteredlamb

slaughteredlamb

Stalker

Posted Jul 7, 2005 @ 12:31 AM

This thread has been dead for too long.

I resently started watching the show more frequently, and have now seen the episode with Cheese (episode name "Mac Daddy") about five times. And still love the episode. That is sick. I was in the cereal aisle at the grocery store and had to restrain myself from saying "I lllike ceeerrreeeallll" outloud. There's just something so endearing about the way Cheese talks.

And I love Madame Foster. So much. I love how she amuses herself so much.

Mr. Herriman: "Why is the safe empty?"
Madame Foster: "Oh, I almost forgot. I spent all the money to buy this gold-plated safe."
Mr. Herriman: "So, you spent the emergency fund on a container for the emergency fund?"
Madame Foster: "Yes."
Mr. Herriman: "So we have no money?"
Madame Foster: "Well, if you're going to put a negative spin on it... but just look at it. This is the finest gold paint money can buy. Glorious! Hehehe!"

ParasiteTwin

ParasiteTwin

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2005 @ 1:36 AM

Usually Kids' WB shows cross over to CN, but here we have a case of vice versa: starting July 9, Fosters is going to be shown on Kids' WB, Saturdays at 9:30am.

There was a Fosters semi-marathon over the weekend and I got to see some episodes I hadn't caught before, such as the one where Mac tries to be cool. Eduardo was cracking me up when he kept calling Bloo a "giant jerko."

My favorite episode has to be the one where Mac, Bloo, and the pizza guy have a crush on Frankie. The scene where they're in disguise and Bloo is trying to eat the steak is hilarious. "Oh, silly me. A spoon can't pick up a steak!"

eastgrandforks

eastgrandforks

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 7, 2005 @ 4:32 PM

Bloo vaguely annoys me, but I'm all about the other characters, especially Eduardo (whom I see has a lot of love here!). :-)

Bloo vaguely annoys in the same way Master Shake does over on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. But that's why I like them, because it's hilarious to see cartoons act like such assholes.

Edwardo is the best gorilla/buffalo/Danzig hybrid ever. I initially started watching the show because of him. I thought he looked like he could be created by Pete Fowler, a UK artist who draws cartoons and makes figurines.

Cet

Cet

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 12, 2005 @ 4:24 PM

"'Nothergame'nothergame'nothergame'nothergame..."
I, too, adore the Cheese episode.

Mac's such a nice little boy so why on earth would he come up with such a horrible imaginary friend?

This is an interesting quandry.

Bloo was designed specifically to deal with Terrence. Mac's only eight - I doubt he's had much experience with power besides his brother. He needed someone who could stand up to Terrence. Apparently, this would involve a meaner streak and a great deal of self-confidence. Someone so self-involved won't worry about getting hurt, because they can't envision anything bad happening to them.

Bloo was also designed to be Mac's friend. When it's just Mac and Bloo, Bloo's actually pretty decent - the pair build go-karts, try to break world records, typical eight-year-old stuff.

I think the problem is Bloo is used to all the attention on him, whether he's outsmarting the bully or just playing with his kid. At Foster's, Terrence is mostly out of the picture, and Mac is only there a few hours a day. Bloo's two purposes often go unfufilled, leaving him with a lot of unspent energy. Plus, Bloo realizes he is not the only imaginary friend in the universe. He response to this is hatching crazy, selfish schemes, trying to "reclaim" his place as "The Best Friend in the world."

Do I like that he's so selfish? Not most of the time.

Do I understand why he acts that way? Sure, now that I think about it. He's very much like an only child suddenly thrust into a group situation. Bloo makes an interesting contrast to Mac and the rest of the Friends. Besides, he provides much of the show's antagonism.

It will be interesting to see of Bloo grows past this stage.

I think a friend like Eduardo would have fit him better; intimidating to look at so his brother might keep away, but a total marshmallow within.

What I think is interesting is that Mac did not imagine a big, strong being to take care of Terrence. Rather, he envisioned a small, unassuming blue blob. Bloo stands even shorter than Mac does, yet he is able to handle Terrence with ease by outsmarting him.

Pat Agonia

Pat Agonia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2005 @ 6:30 PM

In real life Bloo would be irritating, but in Foster's his decidedly maniacal nature is often hilarious.

Wilt, meanwhile, is super polite.

A forlorn Eduardo going to the garage to get his bicycle in the party episode: too cute.

Gulielma

Gulielma

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2005 @ 3:07 PM

We've learned a lot since this thread was last active:

*The Duchess is two dimensional. Literally.

*Tall jokes get Wilt annoyed enough to say "no"!

*Mr. Herriman has a Bloo punching toy in his office

*Frankie is addicted to Madame Foster's once-a-year-cookies

*Mr. Herriman is prepared to overlook a "breach of house charter" if the alternative is Bloo getting destroyed by the humongous "new guy"

eastgrandforks

eastgrandforks

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 14, 2005 @ 12:03 PM

Foster's got a minor Emmy nomination today:

40. Main Title Theme Music:
"Desperate Housewives," ABC
"Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends," Cartoon Network
"Huff," Showtime
"Justice League Unlimited," Cartoon Network
"Stargate Atlantis," SCI FI

ChocolateCherry

ChocolateCherry

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2005 @ 12:17 PM

I think that imaginary friends, once created, take on personalities of their own

I figured that the imaginary friends are responsible for the aspects of personality that the creator lacks. Bloo is selfish because Mac is selfless. Mr. Harriman is strict and organized because Mrs. Foster is scattered and flaky.

My favorite friend is still Berry. Does Frankie have a former imaginary friend?

tribefreak

tribefreak

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2005 @ 12:58 PM

I like the blue thing.

Pat Agonia

Pat Agonia

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2005 @ 5:32 PM

I wonder what Eduardo's creator was like. Must have been tiny, yet boisterous and mean-spirited.

Kwyjibo

Kwyjibo

Couch Potato

• Interests:Farscape.<br /><br />And chocolate.<br /><br />Not necessarily together.<br /><br />Or in that order.

Posted Jul 16, 2005 @ 10:13 AM

"I lllike ceeerrreeeallll"

"I like chocolate milk!!!!"
"Mac and.... Cheese?!!!"
"Bloo...Cheese??!!"

That episode was great. I think one of my favorite episodes is "Bloo's Brothers". I love hearing, "Ooooooo ICE CHARADES!!". Then Mac has to go through all of the "Bloo"s to find the real one. He gets down to 2 totally identical ones and one gives a speech about how Mac is his best friend, blah blah sweetness and sunshine, and Mac says to the other one "Ok, you're the real Bloo, Let's go." Bloo may be a jerk, but he's Mac's jerk.

Azurekite

Azurekite

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2005 @ 10:31 AM

"Hallways... Hallways... Hallways..."

Finally got a chance to see "House of Bloo's". Between the Pac-man montage and the little green monocular IF who kept getting into trouble I was cracking up!

screamapiller

screamapiller

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 9:27 AM

Usually Kids' WB shows cross over to CN, but here we have a case of vice versa: starting July 9, Fosters is going to be shown on Kids' WB, Saturdays at 9:30am.

I discovered that our local WB affiliate stopped airing Foster's while visiting my mother this weekend. Here I was, plate of pancakes in hand, sitting in the middle of the living room floor, and I was swearing like a truck driver b/c they were showing Pokemon instead of Foster's (needless to say, mom just shook her head and walked away, laughing that her nearly 40 year old daughter would be so enraged by the rescheduling of a cartoon.)

ParasiteTwin

ParasiteTwin

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 11:13 AM

Sorry to hear about that, screamapiller. I found out that Kids' WB changed their Saturday lineup effective 8/20. (I think that link lists Eastern times, so if you're Pacific like me, the shows are on an hour earlier.) It seems that they took Foster's off the roster which is weird because they just started airing it. Damn them. Guess they're making room for the new shows premiering next month? Which is a shame because I don't think these new shows (e.g. Loonatics, Coconut Fred) will even come close to the goodness that is Foster's.

mrow

mrow

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 11:26 AM

Dude, Pancakes!? Sweet.

My favorite Foster's is the one where everyone developes a crush on Franky. It's cute. Even My older sister who doesn't normally like cartoons liked that episode.

screamapiller

screamapiller

Fanatic

Posted Aug 22, 2005 @ 1:42 PM

That's the thing that seems so odd, ParasiteTwin - they were going crazy with the commercials about how Foster's was now on Saturday mornings, and suddenly it's gone. Seriously (monkey), it's not like Pokemon and Shaolin Showdown aren't on 6 days a week already, throw me a bone here!

Every time I hear the theme song, it just reminds me that there is an astonishing lack of kazoo-based music on TV.

SKJAM

SKJAM

Video Archivist

Posted Aug 23, 2005 @ 6:40 AM

I saw a couple of scenes from an episode where Franky evidently has a date (and naturally the friends interfere). She looked kind of hot in a little black dress. However, dating her might be problematic, as it's clear that Franky's job leaves her highly stressed out.

Dariendude15

Dariendude15

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 30, 2005 @ 7:10 PM

I personally find Frankie absolutley bootiliciuos. This show drools uniqueness. It is absolutely brilliant. But what else would you expect from the cracked head that brought you the Powerpuff Girls? I like the animation style. To me, it's just so cosmically ironic. Think about it, the animation is fluid and life-like, yet the whole show revolves around IMAGINARY FRIENDS. And about that whole CN WB crossover thing, bear in mind, it's not the first time they've shown something from CN, only to drop it almost instantly. Remember Samuria Jack? And don't forget the absolutely horrible WB Toonami thing that went on for almost a year during '02. But anyway, all I can say for Fosters is that I hope it goes on for as long as Powerpuff did (almost 7 years, if memory serves), and I hope McCraken keeps up the good work.

roybetter

roybetter

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 3:55 PM

Suspicccccioussss.

Freaking hilarious. That's the first time I've ever watched this show (my roommate made me) and it was awesome.

Edited by roybetter, Aug 31, 2005 @ 3:56 PM.

Fuzubanu

Fuzubanu

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 31, 2005 @ 10:26 PM

The Uncle Pockets episode is pretty great. Then again, almost every episode so far has been fantastic. The Big Lablooski is especially amusing.

Bloo: Let me explain!  It was a dark and stormy night when Uncle Pockets arrived...
Herriman: Preposterous!  It was morning and quite sunny.
Bloo: I said let ME explain.

I can understand why so many people want to adopt Bloo.

Azurekite

Azurekite

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2005 @ 6:18 PM

The Big Lablooski is especially amusing.

"Quarter!Quarter!Quarter!Quarter!Quarter!"

Cet

Cet

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 1, 2005 @ 7:27 PM

Big Lablooski -
"So, let me get this straight, you've been rivals with her ever since she stole your lunchbox, your boyfriend, your prom date - "
"And my marbles!"
"Clearly."
Love Madame Foster, she's such a batty little thing.

Kaboom

Kaboom

Stalker

Posted Sep 2, 2005 @ 6:17 AM

Then again, almost every episode so far has been fantastic.

ITA. Love, love, love this show.

I don't know why but I find it so endearing that Madame Foster and her Bunny are still together. :-)

sordidheart88

sordidheart88

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2005 @ 4:25 PM

Yeah I just found it so sweet when Uncle Pocketts was ashamed of missing all his kids and Mr. Herriman said "Nonsense there's nothing wrong with loving your child." and he gave Madame Foster's shoulder's a little squeeze. Awwww.

Mississauga

Mississauga

Posted Sep 4, 2005 @ 2:10 AM

God, I love this show.

What do you people expect from that rotten cesspool called Kids WB? I can't stand Kids WB. Giving this wonderful show & the PowderPuff Girls (another favorite) a kick to the curb, while pimping absolute crap like Pokemon (I hate Ash & Pikachu), Yu-Gi-Oh (an absolute waste), this new garbage called Loonatics Unleashed, Coconut Fred (zzzzzz......), & something stupid called Xiaolin Showdown. You can thank Kids WB & ABC Kids for making me sleep late on Saturday Mornings.