The 2004 Tubey Awards

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

533 replies to this topic

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 11:31 AM

A spot to talk about the results of The Tubeys.

mrsdalgleish

mrsdalgleish

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 11:59 AM

Ok, where the outrage? I'm ready for the outrage! (Properly spelled and ironically-presented outrage, of course.)

I'll start.

"The O.C." over "Joan of Arcadia"?

crazy_girl

crazy_girl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:05 PM

I'm just upset that Queer Eye was considered one of the best reality shows. Ugh. Seriously? If that blonde guy on the show falls off the face of the earth I wouldn't even miss him slightly. He grates more than even Paige Davis grates.

But I'm proud to see that my favorite bad show 7th Heaven got on the list for Worst show.

Aatrek

Aatrek

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:06 PM

Chappelle's Show was an "improved" show? Sure, I thought it was a little funnier than the first season, but as an overall series improvement, it beat out Enterprise (which, granted, still has a ways to go, but come on)? (And how is Angel even on the list?)

Edited by Aatrek, Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:06 PM.

prufrock2

prufrock2

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:11 PM

Arrested Development for Best New Show and Best Sitcom? Hooray!

joanne3482

joanne3482

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:12 PM

"The O.C." over "Joan of Arcadia"?

People like the trashy soapoperaness set in the backdrop of teeny tiny clothing over a show that makes you think and in which the girls aren't walking around in skimpy bikinis? The OC is on FUX which means it is overhyped all. the. time. vs Joan of Arcadia which is on CBS, which no one under 40 (except for a random few, myself included) generally watches? Joan of Arcadia features God (although cuteguygod and gothgod should be enough for anyone to love the show), The OC features that Ryan guy and the really talented acting of Mischa Barton (Burton?). I can't explain it.. I tried watching The OC once and it was 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I was sad about that. Joan of Arcadia, though, ROCKS!

Hanna-Reetta

Hanna-Reetta

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:13 PM

Stupid question, but where ARE the results? I can't see a link anywhere. Help, anyone?

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:14 PM

Homepage.

quotidian

quotidian

Fanatic

We're snarking on ourselves now, huh? Well, that's seven years of therapy that just went down the drain.

I for one was thrilled to see The West Wing and Alias in the worst "improved" show category. The only way both shows could get worse from last season is to have the writing staffs switch teams. I just wish they could have tied for #1.

Edited by quotidian, Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:16 PM.

SusanahDean

SusanahDean

Chappelle show was funnier when it first came out in my opinion. Angel has no business on the list. It should have topped the Worst "Improved" hence me voting for it. Still overall as a show it is better than most of the other shows on tv... just not better than it's former self. Everything else was okay. Oh I was dissapointed in no G4 as fave network although VH1 is also essential if only for "Best Week Ever". I also would have liked a bonus"Fave Recapper" (I know I know I know. That would probably not go over well for several reasons not the least of which is the first rule of Televisionwithoutpity club is that we don't talk about Televisionwithoutpity club. Otherwise, good results.

Glark

Glark

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:17 PM

I think "The Simpsons" as best cartoon of 03-04 might be a typo.

faninohio

faninohio

Stalker

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:18 PM

Woo Hoo for the Arrested Development love!

angiebee

angiebee

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

Angels in America? Perhaps for best hyped TV movie of the year.

I tried to appreciate the movie, I really did. And for the most part, the acting was amazing, but I don't think the jump from play form to tv movie worked.

onthebrink

onthebrink

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:23 PM

Bravo to my beloved Scrubs (best sitcom)...maybe NBC will take note of the love and stop switching its damned timeslot.

But FRIENDS made the list??? It was a brilliant show...four years ago. Recycled humor and affection for previously funny characters do not equal greatness. I was a diehard fan, but since Monica and Chandler got together the chemistry of the show changed. Blech.

john mora

john mora

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:25 PM

Yeah, I think you might want to check up on that Best Cartoon category. The result definitely looks typo-ish.

Teddy44

Teddy44

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:27 PM

Yeah, between that and the second-best cartoon apparently being "Family Guy" re-runs from 1999, it must have been a slow year in animation.

Also, Ellen over Conan? Yikes. The Walker: Texas Ranger Lever alone should have changed that result.

Hanna-Reetta

Hanna-Reetta

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:28 PM

Sorry, I didn't realise it was in "Mondo Extras". Thought it'd be in the Forums. I'm still new. Thanks!

I'm a bit disappointed that The Sopranos didn't win. I think the new season was just great and returned at least 3rd place of "Best returning show". But then it's my favourite show, so maybe I'm biased. I'm VERY happy to see The Swan got number one in "Worst new show". Even if TPTB have lost it, the viewers haven't.

Seems people still love the Simpsons. I voted for it, too, although I think the last few seasons have been a stoop in quality. Well, as far as cartoons go, it's still number one despite everything. Friends, on the other hand, lost it way worse and it shows. But I still don't see what the big deal is with Scrubs. Sure, it's funny enough, and compared to the rest of the crap nowadays it's very good, but not the best comedy I've ever seen or anything. Dunno.

americana19

americana19

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:28 PM

Agree wholeheartedly with everything on the list, except for Friends on the best sitcom list. Three years ago it would've earned a place at the top, but not anymore. I was, though, overjoyed to see Arrested D at #1. Nice to know that even though America might ignore it, TWoP never will.

nerdyduck

nerdyduck

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:29 PM

Woo hoo for the Scrubs and Arrested Development love!

Gnosis

Gnosis

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:30 PM

Angel gets Dead Before It's Time? It seemed pretty ready to go to me.

And the lack of love for Carnivale saddens me (and probably the Fetus in a Jar).

JTMacc99

JTMacc99

Stalker

• Interests:I like TV.

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:31 PM

I threw my vote that way out of respect. There were a few episodes this past year that could have found a home in any season, but it's tough to love 03-04 when comparing it against itself. My honest vote would have been for Southpark. Besides, I think The Family Guy is dreck.

daniandi

daniandi

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:33 PM

Who ever claimed that Joe Millionaire was "improved"? Though I agree with its placement in a category involving the word "worst". And YAY! with the The Amazing Race love.

tothemax

tothemax

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:36 PM

I don't agree with most of the results (especially The Simpsons as Best Cartoon - typo indeed) but my existence has been validated since 7th Heaven won for Worst Returning Show.

Mibbitmaker

Mibbitmaker

Fanatic

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:36 PM

I was disappointed that Karen Sisco didn't make Dead Before Its Time. It was equal in excellence to AD and JoA.

For not-yet-seen results, I'm really pulling for the Walker Texas Ranger lever!

Get it? "pulling"... "lever"...that's a joke, son!

Beanz

Beanz

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:37 PM

Gilmore Girls as the second most improved show this season??

One hot L/L kiss does not a good season make. I would have placed it firmly in worst "improved" show, along with Alias and The West Wing.

BillyShears

BillyShears

Couch Potato

How does ESPN get left off the "most necessary network" ballot? Where do you think the whole "TV Poker" phenomenon started? Granted, I can do without a lot of their shows, but they're still the best sports network going.

kandykane056

kandykane056

Channel Surfer

I'm outraged that Hillary Burton was not on the list to be voted as "worst actress". One tree hill is a horrible show and she has contributed a lot to it!

Add It Up

Add It Up

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:40 PM

I'd like to see the Best Cartoon catagory serperated into adult cartoons and kid's cartoons, beacuse I nkow their is a lot of love out their for shows like Kim Possilbe and Filmore!, but it'd always get overshadowed when they run up agisnt Simpsons or Family Guy or any other "adult" cartoon.

Edited by Add It Up, Aug 10, 2004 @ 3:57 PM.

secretstar77

secretstar77

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:41 PM

I hate to, but must agree w/Quotidian. "Alias" just lost it in Season 3. I still stand by my man JJ, though, and hope that next year's Tubeys find "Alias" at #1 in the 'Most Improved' category! PS: Congrats to my second love, "Scrubs"--the cast and crew would rather have a Tubey than a silly Emmy, anyway, right?

danzante

danzante

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 10, 2004 @ 12:43 PM

So many kudos for the Amazing Race and nary a mention of Survivor? *kiss kisses* for everyone.