Good Morning, America!

• Please log in to reply

1131 replies to this topic

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

I think that the wardrobe and hair people were half-asleep this morning on GMA. I noticed that the adhesive tape that was holding Paula Farris's (Ferris?)mic wiring was peeking out of her blouse (at least I assume it was tape--if not, she had a clear bandage on that was reflecting the lights). It seemed to come and go during segments. And, when they showed the guest reporter, the one from Tokyo (I didn't catch her name), her hair had kind of an bed-head or Alfalfa look going on. When the camera came back to her after the film clip, it had been fixed. And finally, when Ginger Zee did her first weather report, she was wearing one of those wrap skirts and you could see her slip when she moved around. I found myself looking for other problems instead of paying attention to the news stories. Very distracting!

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

I love Dan Harris. Just wanted to throw that out there.

That is all.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:16 PM

I'm a Dan fan, too. (I also think Josh is cute. But very, very tall!)

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

Paula Ferris (sp) and Bianna Golodryga really look alike – they could be twins. I was watching Sunday and thought Bianna had returned from maternity leave. Then they Skyped Bianna and her baby boy.

Edited by isotonerz, May 16, 2012 @ 8:35 PM.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

Josh and Sam riding the rollercoaster this morning was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. That's what I like. My screen full of eye candy. They're both adorable.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

Oh man, that was so funny! These two are so great.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 3:29 PM

Glad to see Bianna back and that baby is cute!

I like everyone on the show (as opposed to Today where Ann, Giada and both Jennas annoy me)...you can tell they all like each other. My only thing is they get into View territory and there's too much crosstalk sometimes. They start laughing and I missed the joke 'cause I couldn't hear it.

That said...I'm a regular.

Did I mention I loooove Dan Harris. Call me for dinner sometime, babe...my husband would probably give me a night away....;-)

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 6:57 AM

I'm also a huge fan and always will be.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

they get into View territory and there's too much crosstalk sometimes.

Yes, I'm starting to notice this. Seems that Robin, in particular, gets a bit too excited. They need to dial it back just a teeny bit.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 11:59 AM

I was shocked, shocked to see Robin today, impeccable as always from the waist up -- but wearing JEANS at the QUEEN'S JUBILEE!! I know my eyes did not deceive me, but seriously -- what the hey??

It just seemed like such a bizarre style statement, and rah-ther disrespectful given the magnitude of the occasion. Surprisingly out of character, for someone whose trademark is elegance.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

WHAT? Robin had jeans on? I tuned in late and was busy doing things; I didn't see that. You are right - she is always impeccable dressed and made up. That's shocking, expecially for such an occasion.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 4, 2012 @ 2:19 PM

It wasn't like Robin and Lara were in the presence of Her Majesty. From what I saw, they were walking around talking to other revelers who were dressed similarly. Besides, it was raining, I'll let Robin wanting to be comfortable slide.

Edited by junemeatcleaver, Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:34 PM.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 2:42 PM

What is so comfortable about jeans? I consider them no more comfortable than any other pants with a waistband and zipper.

What I do consider them is casual. It just seemed very inappropriate to be on camera, in England, covering the Queen, at a once-in-a-lifetime Historic Event, in jeans. It distracted me so much that I didn't hear a thing she was saying.

Today, not only was she dressed to the nines, but Lara was sitting beside her in full regalia, including a fascinator. I can see no apparant difference in the magnitude of today vs. yesterday.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 5, 2012 @ 6:58 PM

I'm with Junemeatcleaver on this one.

Frankly I am irked that they are wasting my time with this. I'd almost rather watch a loop of lame Plays of the Day.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 1:59 PM

I noticed the jeans too and found them distracting. I know that they were not actually meeting the Queen, but Robin looked too casual next to Lara. It made me think that her luggage had gotten lost, there was no time to buy new clothes and that she had to wear what she had worn on the flight over. I thought she didn't look bad, but it kind of stood out compared to what Lara was wearing (I noticed that she was dressed more 'formal' the next day). The thing I didn't like about the jeans was that they looked too stretchy--they looked kind of like those horrible 'pajama jeans' I've seen on TV.

On a different note, I was at a ribbon-cutting ceremonial event the other day and there was a guy in the audience who looked just like a shorter, slightly thinner Josh. He had the same type hair and was wearing a dark suit. Nice!

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Robin did say she likes wearing comfortable clothes.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 6:52 AM

Didn't see any of the extended Jubilee TV coverage. IIRC, however, the serious festivities didn't start until late their time on Monday because only the Jubilee concert was scheduled - for Monday evening. Prior to that, the locals were enjoying a day off, hosting picnics and/or attending street fairs. Therefore, casual attire sounds very appropriate. Tuesday, OTOH, everything started much earlier, with the church service. Again, their attire sounds appropriate. Furthermore, anyone who's been to London in June (or any month, for that matter) would give them some latitude, considering London's difficult weather conditions.

JMHO.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

However, she was wearing a very dress-business suit jacket (black) with a beautiful shirt/blouse and her usual great accessories. She wasn't dressed casually, she was dressed as if she were sitting behind a desk that concealed her from the waist down, except there was no desk.

She interviewed Piers Morgan, sitting in a chair facing her, who was dressed in a dark suit and all "proper." The only thing whack was the jeans! It was so odd.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

However, she was wearing a very dress-business suit jacket (black) with a beautiful shirt/blouse and her usual great accessories. She wasn't dressed casually, she was dressed as if she were sitting behind a desk that concealed her from the waist down, except there was no desk.

That's what I thought at first--that she had assumed that she would only be shown from the waist up, so why not wear jeans? Then, they showed her walking around interviewing people, so she had to have known that her jeans would be shown. That being said, I generally love what she wears. I look forward to seeing what beautiful colors and styles she will be wearing. I'm always disappointed when she is wearing dull colors or something that isn't flattering to her. I would also kill to be able to wear jeans that small! (But not those high heels! Eek! Just looking at those make my ankles ache.)

Edited by BooksRule, Jun 7, 2012 @ 4:44 PM.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 3:49 PM

They showed Robin's dressing room a while back and I covet her jewelry collection (and I own a vintage clothing store and have access to 100's of pieces of antique jewelry). She has an impeccable eye for bold pieces and wears them well.

I always tune in to see what she has on.

BooksRule

BooksRule

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

They showed Robin's dressing room a while back and I covet her jewelry collection (and I own a vintage clothing store and have access to 100's of pieces of antique jewelry). She has an impeccable eye for bold pieces and wears them well.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that a lot of jewelry is made for her by one of her sisters. I love most of the pieces.

NYC2007

NYC2007

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

I feel so bad for Robin Roberts. First cancer and now this. My thoughts and prayers are with her. I really enjoy watching her on this show and hope she gets well quickly.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

I was saddened to hear about Robin's health challenge. George was fighting tears; rare for him. Hope all goes well.

Robin Roberts facing bone marrow transplant

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 2:40 PM

....and suddenly, I couldn't care less about blue jeans at the Queen's Jubilee. Robin is a beautiful, inspiring person in all ways and I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers starting now.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

I pulling for Robin. I hope she makes a full recovery and will be in as little pain as possible.

Even though GMA is a little trashy at times, I think they really do have the best team of the 3 morning shows. It was lovely how they rallied around Robin this morning, even uptight George could barely keep it together. They deserve all the ratings success they're receiving.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

Robin Roberts is a brave, classy lady & I wish her the very best.

ADJets29

ADJets29

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Came here to see what people think about GMA, as I watch it everyday now because of my schedule.

I watched Today for years from Katie and Matt to Meredith and Matt.

This is my first time watching GMA for the past 6 months and I really enjoy the show. Yes, a lot of it is fluff but that's really the morning news game right now. I'd like to see some more hard news in the first hour but I do have to say the show is entertaining.

I wasn't a huge fan of Josh on SportsCenter but actually enjoy him here. Robin is pure class and George is a true professional. I think Sam and Lara are also both fun and add to the show with their personalities.

What I think makes the show really enjoyable and work right now is the chemistry. I also think that's what is hindering Today.

Today feels stale with Matt going through the motions with Ann, Al still around and a bunch of other new faces that don't quite fit (though I do like Savannah). The chemistry on GMA is excellent. They really all seem to genuinely like each other and I think it's the best overall team since Katie, Matt, Al and Ann on Today.

A great morning show, I think, is made by great chemistry and GMA has that warm quality that makes you enjoy having it on in the morning.

Yorkville

Yorkville

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

As a survivor of breast cancer and associated treatment I am scared for yet pulling for Robin. I have watched GMA since the early 90's...she is one of the most engaging anchors- yes I refer to the dismal Lisa McRee.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 6:46 AM

To the folks above me, Matt and Ann is almost like Dave and Joan all over again. My parents watched GMA since day one, and they sensed edginess between Joan and Dave, which was more from him than her. They get along great now. And David most likely changed his view on women in television when he saw Robin and Diane as co anchors. I grew up watching GMA when Joan, Charlie, Lisa, Kevin, and Diane anchored over the years. Now, I'm praying for Robin Roberts, one of my idols. I couldn't stop crying as she delivered her message. I agree that it is rare for George to shed tears, but it proves even the driest fellas have a soft side. With George, Josh, Diane, Sam, and Lara by her side, Robin will beat this, along with medical experts Dr. Tim and Dr. Rich. God bless you all!

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 10:38 AM

I hope you read here Robin....you have tons of fans out there who know you for the class act you are and we're all pulling for you. You'll beat this.

I tuned in halfway thru the announcement and caught Josh trying not to cry, too. Made me tear up.

Be strong, girl....we know you are.