Smallville

• Please log in to reply

10739 replies to this topic

ShadowDenizen

ShadowDenizen

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

I need her to please be on my television so that the whole country can appreciate her.

I agree.

Though Smallville had it's ups and downs over the years, I think AM honestly inhabited her character, and was truly the best thing to come out of this show. In many ways, depsite being the titualr character, she was even more the "soul" of the show than TW/Clark was.

She sold even the most preposterous storylines, (she even made the "Doomsday" storyline almost palatable!!), and always seemd to be positive and upbeat in any interviews I've seen with her, and genuinely very respectful and appreciative of all her co-stars.

I think TV in general needs more people like AM.

zomb

zomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 17, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

I think one of the problems is that the Smallville cast was universally known for being really pretty so, except for a few exceptions like Cassidy Freeman, John Glover or Allison Mack, I don't expect most of them would have a job lined up by now.

I wish them all the best and I truly enjoyed the few iconic scenes they made out of the Superman myth, but I'm oddly aware that they are not the cast of Lost in order to already have a show or a movie deal.

Well, Rosenbaum went back to reprise his role as The Flash in the upcoming Justice League:Doom movie, due out next month.

As for the others? Well, in my opinion, there's nothing that good out there right now in television or movies, and maybe they're just waiting for the right script. It's been known to happen.

Good point. After all, most of them have been working for 10 years straight so I agree they could use a break.

Edited by zomb, Jan 17, 2012 @ 10:30 AM.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

The CW has ordered a pilot of a new show called "Arrow", based on Green Arrow. It's not connected to SV in any way and JH is not attached to the project. I'm not sure if that's a good move for them or not, but I'll probably give it a shot if it makes it to air.

Bezerker

Bezerker

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 3:00 AM

I think it's for the best to start fresh. GA on Smallville has to much baggage to try write a show around him. Starting fresh opens up a bunch of new storylines and more directions to go with the characters. I think Superman Returns would be an example how bad it is to try use a pre existing story to continue from. I am guessing much like Smallville they choose to do Green Arrow because if you can't do Bruce Wayne, well Oliver Queen is sort of similar(ie rich and single)

Edited by Bezerker, Jan 19, 2012 @ 3:03 AM.

zomb

zomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

GA on Smallville has to much baggage to try write a show around him.

I agree, Person of Interest it's fun to me because the Batman angle is barely hinted yet not fully exploited.

A Green Arrow show, on the other hand, would be impossible not to relate to Smallville IMO.

Bezerker

Bezerker

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 28, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

http://movies.cosmic...whitney-fordham

Not sure if it's supposed to be the same character as on Smallville but somebody named Whitney Fordham has been cast for Superman: MOS(could be a spelling mistake on the websites part)

Edited by Bezerker, Jan 28, 2012 @ 5:03 PM.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

I suspect the inspiration is from SV at the very least. After all, I seriously doubt we'd have Faora in a Superman movie if she hadn't been prominently featured on SV first.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

DC Comics to launch "Season 11" as online weekly comic. I'm probably not going to read it, but knowing it exists makes me hurt.

Edited by Lantern7, Feb 9, 2012 @ 12:35 PM.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Interesting. And I'm personally glad that if they're going to do this, they're not picking up from the "seven year later" point.

MidnightFrost

MidnightFrost

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

If they're not bringing Tess back from the dead, then there's simply not enough there to interest me. And even then, I'm terrified that they're just gonna reduce her to Clark's loyal glorified lapdo...err, secretary in Watchtower. I liked early years Lex, I liked Chloe, Oliver was ok, but those 3 can't make up for Clark by themselves. All the jokes about therapy aren't that funny because I do still have a pretty negative reaction to the thought of Superman thanks to this show.

If anyone here decides to read it and they have flashbacks featuring Tess, let us know. I might check out the relevant issues then.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

I'll be reading it and I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for any Tess appearances/mentions. I, too, hope Miller brings her back, as she'd make a perfect mole inside LexCorp. So far, the cast of characters is only being promoted as: Clark, Lois, Lex, Oliver, Chloe (Sullivan-Queen, of course) and Sam Lane. Oh, and Jeff the intern. They're being fairly hush-hush on most of the specifics, however.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Feb 9, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

I gotta admit, I'm definitely going to buy it.

MidnightFrost

MidnightFrost

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

In looking more closely at the cover for issue #1, it appears to me that he's not wearing the red underwear. They seem to be blue, with a red and yellow belt. Odd. Or am I looking at it wrong?

Also, I see the article quotes Miller as saying, "And old friends return where they’re least expected," which gives me a tiny bit of hope for Tess. Then again, knowing them, it probably just means that Lana's coming back.

Kaoteek

Kaoteek

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:31 AM

In looking more closely at the cover for issue #1, it appears to me that he's not wearing the red underwear. They seem to be blue, with a red and yellow belt. Odd. Or am I looking at it wrong?

I'm guessing it's some sort of continuity tie-in with Snyder's Man of Steel, where he doesn't have red underwear either, but has a tiny goldish belt.

Edited by Kaoteek, Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:31 AM.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 12:53 AM

Yeah, DC changed the costume. No more red shorts.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 1:04 AM

benteen . . . you don't have to buy it. The "comic" is going to be online, at least at first.

ETA: Topless Robot presents Superman's 30 best origin stories. SV comes in at #11 . . . impressive, since it managed to suck and blow at the end.

Edited by Lantern7, Feb 10, 2012 @ 2:04 PM.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 10, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

You still have to pay to read them. The only free reads are previews.

Flyingwoman

Flyingwoman

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

On a seasons 1 - 10 related-note:

Does anyone remember how many birthday celebrations we saw on Smallville? I was trying to remember last night and I could count five:

- Lana's fallish-winterish birthday in season 1
- the flashback to Lex's birthday in Memoria
- Chloe's fall birthday in season 4
- Clark's spring-ish birthday in season 5
- Chloe's spring birthday in season 8

Are there any others?

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2012 @ 11:16 AM

There's Clark's birthday in season 2 (Lana brings him a cake in the loft) and if you count deleted scenes, Clark's birthday in season 3. While there's no celebration, Tess' birthday is a main theme in Abandoned in season 10. Clark's birthday is also specifically mentioned in season 7 though again, there's no specific celebration, but Lois takes him out for a drink.

On another birthday note, Clark's is the only one that's consistently at the same time of year (the first week of May) and I believe Tess is the only person for whom we know the exact day her birthday is, November 12.

Edited by MercerLLL, Feb 12, 2012 @ 11:40 AM.

benteen

benteen

Stalker

Posted Feb 15, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

At least with the comic, there's a good reason why Erica Durance's face isn't moving. And I suppose Welling's too...

Bezerker

Bezerker

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 16, 2012 @ 1:00 PM

Good news for KK fans

http://www.tvline.co...-and-the-beast/

Scoop: Smallville's Kristin Kreuk Returns to The CW as Female Lead of Beauty and the Beast Pilot

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 2:05 PM

Scoop: Smallville's Kristin Kreuk Returns to The CW as Female Lead of Beauty and the Beast Pilot

If her version of Belle starts harping on the secreth and lieths, I will puke.

zomb

zomb

Fanatic

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

More or less what I was thinking ...

That version sounds like "The Beast Diaries" rather than the original Beauty and the Beast or Moonlight concept to me. I'll pass.

Edited by zomb, Feb 17, 2012 @ 4:37 PM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Feb 17, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

Well...the Beast does keep the curse secret from her, right?

MarkHB

MarkHB

Stalker

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 12:23 AM

Does this mean that all along Smallville was really a retooled Secrets of Midland Heights?

acampbell

acampbell

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

Oh, please, God, tell me it's not true. I haven't loved that many tv series in my life, but I really did love this one, and still do.

I swear I'll wake up any second and this will have been a nightmare!

dogstar85

dogstar85

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

NBC Picks Up Erica Durance Medical Drama for Summer

http://www.tvguide.c...ma-1044331.aspx

I hate medical dramas. But I love Erica, Daniel Gillies, and Michael Shanks. So I guess I'll be watching no matter how ridiculous it will be.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:01 AM

Cassidy Freeman will actually be appearing in two TVD episodes, airing March 15 and March 22.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

It seems like the CW recycle their actors even more than the Disney Channel.
Saving Hope's premise doesn't sound very promising, but I quite enjoy Daniel Gillies on The Vampire Diaries and look forward to seeing him and Erica in different roles.

MercerLLL

MercerLLL

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

The promo for Saving Hope was actually pretty good. Not that this means the show will be good, but it seems to have potential, at least.

In other CW casting news, JH has landed the male lead in another of its pilots, a medical drama called First Cut.