Nancy Grace (HLN)

• Please log in to reply

4450 replies to this topic

suzeecat

suzeecat

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 10:40 AM

I heard that there is a movie in the works.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 11:50 AM

They have already been filming the Jodi Arias lifetime type of tv movie. They are just waiting to see the final trial outcome in order to put the finishing touches and or scenes.

icouldntresist

icouldntresist

Couch Potato

Posted May 17, 2013 @ 10:28 PM

Bat Crap crazy commentator, network & fans now huddle/gather to pray for the death of someone who CRIMINALLY killed another. Twisted fate or a hypocritical tale?

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 4:56 AM

I will admit to being a torn about NG. It's not like I've actually gone out and studied her or anything, but I do think think that she honestly does have good intentions. I have seen and read things stating that throughout the entire course of her career (y'all she used to be a prosecutor - not sure id you've heard her mention it! lol!), she has been an ardent supporter of victims, victim's rights and making sure the "bad guy" paid for his/her crimes. However, despite the fact that she's always been kind of high-strung, she's apparently used to be pretty normal.

Then the whole fiancée getting murdered happened, and she found herself in the same position as the very people she was trying to help and it suddenly became extremely personal for her. I don't think she really knew how to handle it so she handled it by losing her fucking mind and becoming this single-minded zealot who thinks her way is the only way. Again, I'm not doing a case study and have absolutely no idea why I've given this so much thought, but that's my 2 cents worth!

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 7:43 AM

Nancy's fiancee was murdered when she was only 19; I'm not sure how many victims she'd been trying to help before that, especially considering she'd been majoring in English, not law. That murder certainly did shape her future, though.

That said, having watched her on Dancing with the Stars, there is a side to her that funny and playful, and the rest of the cast seemed to love her. She might actually be not too bad to be around in very small, non-justice related doses.

Nancy as Nancy Grace, Warrior for Justice, on the other hand, is insufferable and unwatchable. I wish they'd stop subjecting Dan Abrams to her on Good Morning America.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 8:14 AM

I agree here with designing 1, there does seem to be something likable under all that insufferable drama she blabs on about. She is very passionate about this case and I have to admit, I have gotten caught up in this case to where I watch it so much, it will be strange when it is finally over. J.A. IS a narcissistic psychopath who does need to stop !

andcoletar

andcoletar

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2013 @ 9:21 AM

Designing1, thanks for saying that! Like I said, I haven't done any type of research on my own so I had no idea how old she was when the whole fiancée thing happened or if she had already started practicing law or not. Now I have to wonder what these " news" articles were talking about when they say she was a strong supporter of victims rights even before the murder. That may be an exaggerated way of saying she volunteered a few hours a week at a domestic violence shelter or something! Lol! I just assumed when I heard it that she was older and was already a practicing attorney!

pilotchasea

pilotchasea

Video Archivist

Posted May 23, 2013 @ 7:20 PM

Nancy's not at Casey Anthony verdict levels but she's quite worked up and banging on her desk while calling jurors liars.

Did she cover the Cleveland case at all?  I haven't watched in a long time.

icouldntresist

icouldntresist

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 12:41 PM

The shrills and shreiks came full throttle with the hung Arias Jury ON THE DEATH PENALTY PHASE. You would've thought Arias was found not guilty period. There is already justice with the guilty verdict, her incarceration and infamy. The whole world knows Arias is a murderer now. So the so called justice for the murder victims lady and her posse now shill for the death penalty at fever ptich levels. With all the other stories out there she is at a new level of obsession as are many of her shrieking shills. 

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2013 @ 8:05 PM

Those full throttle shreiks and shrills came to an end, as I actually  fixated on NG with her low key soft spoken wind taken out of her sails demeanor while she was giving us a recap of the hung jury. Quite another side to her as I am used to her obnoxious over the top behaviour.

Cannot decide which is better as both extremes are undesirable.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 8:23 PM

Nancy, you do know that just because a person says they could sentence someone to death doesn't mean that person is then required to sentence said person to death once the time arrives, right? Or, hell, maybe it sunk in that saying you'd be able to sentence someone to death is entirely different that actually sentencing someone to death. I mean, I don't care how powerful a person's imagination is, you can't really prepare your self for the gravity of that kind of decision.

She's acting like a juror is contractually obligated to choose death if they reach that phase of a trial.

Leave it to Beth Karas to be the grown up to point out that she was still found guilty of murder. you'd think the initial verdict was vacated and Arias was walking the streets by the way Nancy is reacting.

Edited by hardy har, May 25, 2013 @ 8:33 PM.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted May 25, 2013 @ 8:45 PM

Beth Karas is calm and objective in any situation. I love how she's not dramatic. She tells it like it is. I'd love to see her replace Nancy.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2013 @ 4:08 PM

Jinkasorus takes a lot of shit from Nancy. I wish she'd tell her off once in a while.  I get that she and Nancy are friends, but Jinkasorus worked way more hours covering Jodi Arias than Nancy did. At least show her some respect.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2013 @ 2:05 PM

Yikes, I didn't expect Nancy's Behind Bars show to be so awful. 

Nancy just didn't seem to know how to connect with the women.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

About 90 seconds into her Behind Bars show the text said something along the lines of ".... Nancy touched the lives of many of the inmates." I cannot describe how angry that made me. Yes, how lovely of one Ms. Nancy Grace to deign the inmates with her sublime presence and single-handedly show them the error of their ways.

I didn't make it past that part.

Edited by hardy har, Jun 8, 2013 @ 8:39 PM.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 9:12 AM

Oh, Nancy. I came back just to watch your women-in-prison bit and remembered why I left. The trailers said we'd see a Nancy we'd never seen before. Nah.

It was Nancy tearing up over her twins (I get to see them every day. I can't imagine...), Nancy propping up the corpse of her dead fiance (I have suffered!) and Nancy looking for the spark she ignited in these women (I don't believe you'll be back. I think this 9th incarceration will truly be your last. Touch my hem. Thou art whole...)

There has--in my opinion--always been something stone-inauthentic about Nancy.  In among the nastiness and crazy and jumping to conclusions I always wanted to believe she really cared about kids.

Then she totally joined the media silence about baby Antonio Santiago.  That was it for me.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 10:34 AM

Then she totally joined the media silence about baby Antonio Santiago.  That was it for me.

But there wasn't media silence about that case, I heard about it plenty.  What was Nancy supposed to say?  The guys who did it were caught practically immediately.  There's no mystery or intrigue, we know the guys who shot him are going to prison for life.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 11:45 AM

I can't find anyone who knows about this buried story. I think Nancy dropped the ball or caved. We will have to agree to disagree.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 12:09 PM

I saw pieces on this on GMA, HLN and CNN.  Sometimes local stories stay just that, local.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Jun 10, 2013 @ 4:45 PM

Nancy doesn't seem to change stories. If there's something big going on, she'll stay with it, until it ends.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2013 @ 9:18 PM

I wonder if she'll go after Jacqueline Trousdale . . . who gave her 5 and 6 year old girls meth? Technically, the 5 years old was the one who tested positive, but both girls say their mom injected them with the drugs. It happened in Phoenix too.

Edited by hardy har, Jun 12, 2013 @ 9:20 PM.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2013 @ 1:14 PM

OMG I missed that about the meth. Why would a meth junkie inject their children with meth?

I quite watching NG awhile back and thought about giving her another try. Gees I just don't know.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 18, 2013 @ 8:20 PM

HOLY DELIVERANCE!  That family of missing baby 'Elaina' is straight out of central casting! And Nancy? GEEZ! Leave the poor guy with the hole in his throat alone, he CONSTANTLY told you he could not answer questions because it might mess up the investigation. 

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2013 @ 9:55 AM

NG's interview style is bad, weird and out of control but she does ask good questions and gets the answers out of her guests.

Angela's dad (the guy w/throat situation) seems to have no problem talking to anyone about this and seems to know things he's not at liberty to talk about. 

Maybe he should stay home and stop talking to the press.

BrendasChoppers

BrendasChoppers

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 22, 2013 @ 10:37 AM

HOLY DELIVERANCE!  That family of missing baby 'Elaina' is straight out of central casting

Damn. I shouldn't laugh but I did. There's one branch on my family tree that closely resembles those folks, their priorities and their living situation. That may be why my section of the tree avoids them at all costs.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 4:51 PM

Is she talking about the George Zimmerman (Trayvon Martin) trial ?  

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 27, 2013 @ 9:57 PM

Is she talking about the George Zimmerman (Trayvon Martin) trial ? 

Yes.  She's been doing half Zimmerman, half Baby Elaina episodes, though I think tonight was all Zimmerman.

kingofpoppa

kingofpoppa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 7:44 AM

I love the way Nancy talks to Frank Taffe.  I can't stand him, have to hit mute half the time and I wish she'd stop having him on.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 3:20 PM

Jinkasorus looks like she's had some work done on her face.

pilotchasea

pilotchasea

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 28, 2013 @ 6:00 PM

I watched the Jodi Arias move and was inspired to go back and read up on the trial which I didn't really follow.  I watched this clip from January http://www.hlntv.com...aks-nancy-grace

Words fail me.  I'm not sure it's worse that she keeps bringing up her dead fiance or going on about the grusome details of the stabbing to the guy that found the body.

I probaly don't have to ask but is all of her coverage of the trial like this?