Nancy Grace (HLN)

• Please log in to reply

4449 replies to this topic

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Had to come here to post a totally superficial comment. I saw a few minutes of Nancy's show the other night, and her hair was flatttened/smooth and it looked GREAT! What a difference. Hope the stylist sticks with it, if Nancy will allow it.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

Nancy finally realized that the helmet look was just awful. Now if only JVM can see that the mullet is just not attractive. Beth Karas of In Session also discovered the hair straightener recently. She looks so much cuter with hair that's not out of control curly.

Sugakates78

Sugakates78

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:51 PM

Nancy can pour salt in wounds like no one I've ever seen. Blabbing on and on about The Twins and what they like to do while speaking to parents whose children have been murdered. She's done it with Trayvon's parents tonight. I'm sure they're thrilled to hear Nancy talk about how John David likes airplanes (when they mentioned Trayvon had thought of a career in aviation), and how her kids want to live in Disney World.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:50 PM

Nancy was also crying when she was recalling the trauma of finding out that her fiance was dead. She said that she was sure he had been killed in a car crash, instead of shot. I really wish HLN would have someone less impartial host a show like this. Let's throw out some names!

SparksFan59

SparksFan59

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

She always makes it about her by talking about her dead fiance or her twins. I think it's horrid to bring up the twins when she's talking to parents whose children are missing or who have been murdered.

She also talks about her dead fiance more than her husband.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

For all of you that may be wondering: Nancy posted a picture of her husband and Tristan MacManus' parents when she went to DWTS last week. I was beginning to wonder if Nancy was still married, because her ring was off for quite some time. She does talk about her fiance more than her husband. I wonder if that bothers him. She should just not talk about her family at all on her show. JVM rarely talks about her family, and I like that. I don't need to know about your kids, or your fiance. I want to watch your show for news.

hardy har

hardy har

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Has Nancy's personal legal team warned her about her usual witch hunts? She seems to be going out of her way to not immediately go after spouses or parents on the last few cases she's covered. I've heard a lot of variations on, "Just because he/she is acting strangely that doesn't he/she is guilty" lately on the show. Like, the parents of the little girl Isabel? Nancy would've been breathing fire about them a month ago. I mean there's lot of her implying stuff, but she's qualifying her statements quite a lot recently.

JVM rarely talks about her family, and I like that.

To be fair, JVM spends so much time telling us about being a former addict and the War on Women that she never has enough time to tell us about her family. ;)

Edited by hardy har, May 7, 2012 @ 10:00 PM.

Inessence

Inessence

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

Nance, the sideways ponytail's got ta go, friend.

Also, when it's confirmed someone is found dead, please stop putting up pics of what they would look like in disguise. They're no longer missing.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

JVM has talked about her mom, and had her on her show a few times. Her father is dead, and she has a few siblings. Nancy always seems like she has a stick up her ass. She's always really angry. I wonder why. And then she goes from being angry, to almost crying. Does she have some emotional disorder that we don't know about?

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

I wish that Nancy and Mark Klass would realize that not everyone reacts to things exactly the same way that they did.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Tuned in tonight to see how Nancy was going to handle the sentencing for Dharun Ravi (roommate of the gay Rutger's student who jumped off the GW bridge). It was just as I expected. She was sooo livid, but I liked that a lot of her venom was directed at that idiot judge. 30 days in jail? Please, the judge might has well have just gone with "time served" and sent the kid on his way. I don't think he deserved the 10 year max (I believe even Tyler's parents spoke on behalf of Ravi not getting the max), but I thought maybe 2-3 years in prison would have been good.

At one point Nancy asked one of her guests, a defense attorney, what he thought about the 30 day sentence. The guy was like "Yes, I'm appalled. It should have been much, much....less!" The look on Nancy's face just about killed me. I was laughing so hard at how her eyes bugged out ever so slightly.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

Nancy must not know that Dan Abrams is having a baby. While she was ripping him a new one on GMA yesterday, she said something about the fact that he didn't have kids. Why does she care so much about whether or not her talking heads have kids? Also, does she have any other stories about her kids going missing for a few minutes? She tells the one about John David in the Toys R Us every time. She has to have more. Also, she was talking to Jean Casarez like she was married to her. "You were there with my twins, Jean". Last night's show was interesting to say the least.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

I think in the Ravi case (like the Zimmerman case) Nancy had her mind made up long before she investigated anything. Her attack-dog mode is getting sharper, not only toward her guests but toward the world in general. She invokes her twins, but one day her adult twin may be involved in a stand your ground conflict. Or her grown twin may be accused of mocking another 18 year old and the kid then kills him or herself. Lots of nuance in the world, Nancy. All I'm asking is that you read everything and calm down before you start flailing around. A little Meredith Viera-ishness would be great.

You're past 50, you should know that you get the big picture before you open your yap.

At any rate your snapping and growling gives me pain in my stomach. I think I better quit you.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

Nancy must not know that Dan Abrams is having a baby. While she was ripping him a new one on GMA yesterday, she said something about the fact that he didn't have kids. Why does she care so much about whether or not her talking heads have kids? Also, does she have any other stories about her kids going missing for a few minutes? She tells the one about John David in the Toys R Us every time. She has to have more. Also, she was talking to Jean Casarez like she was married to her. "You were there with my twins, Jean". Last night's show was interesting to say the least.

I was listening to Don Imus this morning and they played this clip on air. I truly think the woman is out of her mind. She is CRAZY and not in the kind of cray-cray that makes for good TV. She is out of her mind angry and rude and I cannot understand why guests voluntarily go on her show. I honestly think that tirade should be cause for firing. She's gone around the bend, jumped the shark or whatever. Time to chill out with a therapist and find out WHY a woman who has apparently EVERYTHING she wants spews such vitriol on a nightly basis. And I'm tired of the "crime victim" excuse. I'm sure the parents of her dead fiancee aren't as off the wall as she is.

Bitch has to go.

Edited by Patsy Stoned, May 23, 2012 @ 10:49 AM.

Magog

Magog

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Has Nancy's personal legal team warned her about her usual witch hunts? She seems to be going out of her way to not immediately go after spouses or parents on the last few cases she's covered. I've heard a lot of variations on, "Just because he/she is acting strangely that doesn't he/she is guilty" lately on the show. Like, the parents of the little girl Isabel? Nancy would've been breathing fire about them a month ago. I mean there's lot of her implying stuff, but she's qualifying her statements quite a lot recently

I'm starting to think from watching last night's show that Nancy thinks the father is definitely guilty. I know that Susan Moss certainly think so.

Every time Susan Moss opens her mouth with her wisdom, she always makes me laugh. She is the complete opposite of Nancy Grace. Why can't Nancy have her on more often instead of that bitch Ellie Jostad? I also wish that Nancy would get rid of Ellie Jostad (who really sucks) & that stupid loudmouth (I forgot his name) who every time he speaks, its like he's shouting. I would rather have Susan Moss talking for an hour than those 2 idiots.

BTW, did you know that Nancy has security cameras all over her house, her driveway, & in her street? She told us this tidbit while talking about the Isabel Celis case.

Edited by Magog, May 23, 2012 @ 11:43 AM.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 8:23 AM

OMG!! Some idiot puts a baby into a washer because he's too stupid to realize what he's doing and Nancy brings on the still-grieving mother of baby Ollie, who drowned in the family washer? The connection is...Well I guess the connection is that Nancy bought a front loader (uh, like the one in the video?) to keep her twins Buffy and Jody safe. To underscore the point that household appliances are NOT toys she snatched Jody's hand away from the dryer much like you would your four-year-old's hand from a lit firecracker. God help the twins when they become teens. Hard to be a cool kid when you're wearing a GPS device and a webcam on your head that beams right into Mom's office.

Theodora69

Theodora69

Video Archivist

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 12:48 AM

Could someone please explain how she gets people on her show repeatedly when she constantly insults them??? They must get paid - why else would they take her venomous attacks.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Theodora69: I'm going to assume that they're are paid. I know that she does not pay for interviews, but I would think that her guests are paid. They are also mostly her friends, so they know how she is outside of the show. If there really is a different side of Nancy, that is.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

I realise this is a couple of days late, but WTF was up with her and that the video of her kids in the pool? This is not a show for you to show your home movies.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

Marq DeCarabas: I totally agree. Nancy used to show pics of the twins every few weeks. "At your request, new photos of the twins". You never hear people request pics of her kids. I think she just said that as an excuse to show them off. I didn't watch last night because Pat LaLama seriously gets on my last nerve. She should go back to being an entertainment journalist, she's awful with serious stuff. Did anyone see when Nancy had Beth Karas on, and she was saying that she couldn't relate to a story until she had kids? Beth Karas does not have children, and she can relate to things just fine. You didn't become a saint on the day that you had kids.

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 7:11 PM

Okay I missed most of yesterday's show but the woman who burned her fiance on the couch. Nancy was talking about if he abused her, and today she's being so brutal on the dad, perhaps valid judging from the case but it seems like the woman killer may have also been a victim , but this is all one sided.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Marq DeCarabas: In Nancy's eyes the only crime victim ever, is herself.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Jun 15, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

I'm surprised Nancy didn't go ballistic with the Casey Anthony "interview" on Piers Morgan. I thought she'd be foaming at the mouth.

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:55 AM

Friday's show was all about the Dr. who killed his girlfriend. Why didn't Nancy know that according to the Huffington Post, his body had been found earlier that day.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

Because the episode was most likely taped the day before or even earlier?

Edited by junemeatcleaver, Jun 18, 2012 @ 5:40 PM.

ljohnson2006

ljohnson2006

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 7:26 PM

I wonder if the show is always taped now. Even when Nancy has a guest host.

azure4

azure4

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 9:25 AM

Well, it was certainly live last night when Nancy reacted to the Jerry Sandusky guilty verdict.

PictureItSicily

PictureItSicily

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 10:17 AM

Vinnie Politan, Ryan Smith, Mike Brooks, Sunny Hostin with Jean and Beth on the scene all worked together to cover this story. The verdict comes down and I have to see Nancy choking up, with her tired crime victim, mother of twins schtick, like she just ran this emotional marathon, when in reality, she barely mentioned the case on her show. She cares more about herself and her closeup then the young men Sandusky brutalized. I truly believe Vinnie cares about these young men. Being a father obviously informs his reaction, but he manages to get that across without bringing up the fact that he is a dad every single day. He deserved to be the one announcing that verdict. Vinnie is a thousand times more sincere than Nancy and he shouldn't have been pushed aside. Any one of the people I mentioned above would have made more sense than Nancy.

Edited by PictureItSicily, Jun 23, 2012 @ 10:20 AM.

Patsy Stoned

Patsy Stoned

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:16 PM

I was clicking backand forth between Nancy and CNN and yep, she HAD to go there "As a mom, I tried to imagine if John David or little Lucy..." click. God, she's insufferable....no better than the mothers on those Real Housewives shows who pimp their kids out for storylines.

Edited by Patsy Stoned, Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:16 PM.

Lilybee

Lilybee

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

I agreed with Nancy for once, when she went off on the defense attorney who was saying that the latest missing mom was probably having an affair.