Larry King Live

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1222 replies to this topic

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, New York Yankees baseball

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 4:15 PM

Yeah that was really strange. I was like, "Dude what are you doing?"

borderottie

borderottie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 5:24 PM

I didn't know about the husband hawking the book at the end! That is ....ummm... weird?
I get the impression that she really is and always has been a very sweet lady. However, too often that very trait can attract some of the squirreliest people who unfortunately tend to take advantage of it. That was the first thought that came to mind after reading those posts and then with the obvious history of her first husband.
Further proof, I suppose, that this lady talked it AND walked it. Bless her heart...

chitowngirl

chitowngirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 11:30 PM

I was unable to look away. She is in pain but at peace with her life and has an unwavering faith. I was so moved by what I saw and heard.And she was so sweet with her husband:"Isn't he cute?"

Me too. She is a good example of someone who truly believes that "to be away from the body is to be at home with the Lord." She is still human - she admitted to some fear. It was so hard to watch, but very moving.

I hope when it is my turn to leave this earth I can be that strong and happy.

Amen. She is truly living her faith.

Rachel Pringle

Rachel Pringle

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2007 @ 11:43 PM

Now to the two Coreys: did Haim seem a bit less than sober to anyone?

I really didn't get a fix on what their show is about!

Edited by Rachel Pringle, Jul 21, 2007 @ 9:29 AM.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 1:12 PM

Ah shit I missed the Coreys?!

Boooooo!

borderottie

borderottie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 3:07 PM

One thing about Larry King...... he is definitely the "king" of cultural whiplash.
First he follows up the Beatles with Paris Hilton, then Tammy Faye with the Coreys!
Why do I get the feeling his show is an exact projection of his true thought process?? ;-)

mrsbeasley

mrsbeasley

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 6:06 PM

Why do I get the feeling his show is an exact projection of his true thought process?? ;-)

Kind of like a pinball machine.

Angellina

Angellina

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 8:08 PM

Sigh, Tammy Faye died. I just flipped past the show again, and it's breaking news. I still can't watch the interview - now it's even more sad.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 8:11 PM

I logged onto CNN's site and got this Breaking News message:
Tammy Fay Messner, the former televangelist and Christian singer, died Friday, CNN's Larry King says.

One could tell by looking at her last week, that the end was near. I'm glad that she got to address people one more time. I grew up watching Tammy Faye and Jim's little PTL program (I didn't say I enjoyed it, but that's what's on TV when your Southern Baptist grandma lives with you). R.I.P. Tammy, you finally made it home to the Lord.

Right now, LK's running the program from last week.

DesiLu

DesiLu

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 8:35 PM

I was just coming here to post that.

I am so very glad the sweet woman is no longer suffering.

StaceyRosie

StaceyRosie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 8:38 PM

I'm glad she's not suffering anymore. :(

borderottie

borderottie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 9:18 PM

I just read about Tammy Faye on Yahoo! and my local news is talking about it as I type.
I too had the feeling it had to be only a matter of perhaps weeks after seeing her the other night on LKL. I've also seen stories about that interview on the other tv "magazine" shows. She was truly something. What a blessing to get to see her one more time and have her go out on such a positive, strong, and encouraging note.

I gotta admit it.... kudos and thanks to LKL for the show this past week.
And thanks to Tammy Faye for the reality check.
Rest in Peace, Tammy Faye.... I know you are.

nutgoodie

nutgoodie

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 21, 2007 @ 10:07 PM

I just watched the interview on youtube. I did not think the hubby talking about her book at the end was a strange as it was a book that she wrote and he was just saying "Hey if anyone wants to read more from her, her ya go!" It wasn't like he was pimping his own book or anything.

Tammy Faye was just a tremendous spirit and how brave and courageous of her to show up on TV two days before she dies.....and to say she has no fear! Wow!

I watched Surreal Life with her and what a lady she was on that show. She said everyone thought she was going to preach at them, but she was like, "Oh no, I would never do that." And she became best buds with Ron Jeremy!

mamie614

mamie614

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2007 @ 9:48 AM

Friday at work I showed a co-worker part of the LKL interview. She then went to her desk and researched Tammy Faye a little more using Wiki - she called me (this was probably 2pm on Friday) to ask me if Tammy Faye died. Wikipedia already listed July 20, 2007 as her date of death. I told her it wasn't true, probably just Wiki vandalism. But the news stories I just read on her death said they didn't announce it to the public and LKL until Saturday. How strange.

neglander

neglander

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2007 @ 12:36 PM

It's not strange if it was on Wikipedia. The same thing happened with Chris Benoit's death.

mamie614

mamie614

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 22, 2007 @ 2:15 PM

Well I didn't find it strange until it was proven true, as in the Benoit case.

mrsbeasley

mrsbeasley

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 22, 2007 @ 2:19 PM

I did not think the hubby talking about her book at the end was a strange as it was a book that she wrote and he was just saying "Hey if anyone wants to read more from her, her ya go!" It wasn't like he was pimping his own book or anything.

I understand what you're saying nutgoodie but I really disagree. Anyone who has been on this planet for more than a few years knows that Tammy Faye wrote more than her share of books. He said nothing - keeping in mind that he spend numerious years behind bars while Tammy's daughter Tammy took care of her - except that her book (he mentioned the title but I did not catch it) is available for purchase. I suspect that anyone who buys her book now is lining his pockets with cash. Give me a break.

I am glad she's at peace. Him? I hope that was his swan song.

Edited by mrsbeasley, Jul 22, 2007 @ 2:20 PM.

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:24 AM

Do you remember his USAToday column?

"I like ice cream...If you don't think Sinatra is the best singer ever, have your pulse checked, buddy...Let's go ride our bikes!"

prairiegirl

prairiegirl

Stalker

Posted Jul 23, 2007 @ 9:52 AM

Wanglais1, thanks. That was the best laugh I've had in a while. And so spot on.
The Larry King that hosted the overnight radio show bears almost no resemblance to SenileSuspenderSoftballQuestion Larry.

Cheynem

Cheynem

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 10:09 AM

Someone...I think Richard Roeper...said Larry's column was apparently what was running through the man's head "between the time he zipped up at the urinal and he finished washing his hands." He joked that Larry had a knack of praising movies he had a cameo in, always with the self-stated caveat "Never mind that I have a cameo in _____, but it's great!"

clairedawn

clairedawn

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 5:39 PM

Michael Lohan is going to be on LKL tonight. Does the guy stop?? no wonder Lindsay hates him.

mrsbeasley

mrsbeasley

Video Archivist

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 5:57 PM

Michael Lohan is going to be on LKL tonight. Does the guy stop?? no wonder Lindsay hates him.

As long as there's a Larry King - they'll always be crawling out of the woodwork.

RoxieVelma

RoxieVelma

Fanatic

• Interests:http://myspace.com/roxievelma<br />http://lifetimemovieaddikt.blogspot.com

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 8:24 PM

As long as there's a Larry King - they'll always be crawling out of the woodwork.

Well instead of LK, you get Harvey Levin. So as long as there is a Harvery Levin, they'll always be a clip of tmz.com shown on the screen. Hey, I don't blame LK for not wanting to yak about LL. I mean PH was enough for one month.

So apparently now Daniel Baldwin is now the source for all rehab material since he's talking about LL being there again tonight. You know you've done bad when Daniel Baldwin (whose been in rehab 9 times) is saying you need help.

Edited by RoxieVelma, Jul 24, 2007 @ 8:26 PM.

StewartTeddy

StewartTeddy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 9:28 PM

You know you've done bad when Daniel Baldwin (whose been in rehab 9 times) is saying you need help.

That made me giggle! I don't know what it is about those Baldwin boys, but I just find them so funny and charming that I always root for them(with the exception of Stephen).

borderottie

borderottie

Fanatic

Posted Jul 24, 2007 @ 9:29 PM

Daniel Baldwin ..... heal thyself.

Can't say I blame ol' Larry for skipping this grease fire.

elvira7

elvira7

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2007 @ 9:23 AM

An eye-opening take on Bakker vs. Falwell by one of the producers of The Eyes of Tammy Faye. Falwell sure did Machiavelli proud. Evil bastard.

The Lies About Tammy Faye

Canadian Tyler

Canadian Tyler

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 6:12 PM

I am officially scarred for life.

clairedawn

clairedawn

Fanatic

Posted Jul 26, 2007 @ 11:05 PM

Ugh, I can't watch those poor dog videos. Michael Vick should be locked away. Who is that court tv chic who hosted tonight? The one who interviewed Lindsay Lohan's dad too. Her voice is sooo shrill and annoying, her eyebrows are botoxed to death, she's orange and her mouth is annoying when she talks too. Ew, don't bring her back on.

OMG, it is airing again and seriously - her voice? Has got to go.

laurelgardena

laurelgardena

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 12, 2007 @ 4:58 PM

I hope this is the right forum for this....

I wanted to post over on Paula Dean's shows, but the mod says only talk about the show and not family, or anything else....

My dismay is over her change in personality and what she has reveled about her past on LKL.

If you are going to have an affair with a married man....................................... Please keep it under wraps and not tell the world the occupation of the Man. According to Paula, the WIFE doesn't know...................... Well she does now........

Thanks Paula,

Had this done to me,,

The wife always knows....

Kat D

Kat D

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2007 @ 1:59 PM

If you are going to have an affair with a married man....................................... Please keep it under wraps and not tell the world the occupation of the Man.

ITA. It also bugs me how she doesn't feel the wife's pain, but feels bad for HERSELF that the guy didn't treat Paula as well as he should have.

I wished Larry would have asked if her (so-called) "agoraphobia" went away at the time she started having the affair. Because that timeline seems about right to me, and no one's ever asked her about it.

I used to like Paula on her daytime show, but she's turned herself into a vulgar charicature of what we originally saw.