Pride

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

8 replies to this topic

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Jun 21, 2004 @ 8:08 PM

Anybody watching this tonight? Anybody even know it's on? A&E seems to be running it all night long, repeatedly. All I know is it's animated, it's about lions, it's been in the works forever, and it has a bunch of noted English actors doing the voices, as befits A&E: Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent. Robbie Coltrate, and Sean Bean, among others. I'm going to watch it after Salem's Lotis over.

From creepy Kingy vampires to cartoon lions. This could only mean I am too, too much Sean Bean's bitch.

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2004 @ 10:34 PM

About half an hour in. Looks like a waste of good nature footage so far.

ETA
Wel, the whole thing's over now. I've upgraded my opinion from "waste of footage" to "screaming crap on a stick."

Edited by Tabbyclaw, Jun 22, 2004 @ 1:42 AM.

Scade

Scade

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2004 @ 10:58 AM

Lions should never smile. Creepy. And I got way too many Lion King and Lion King 2 vibes off of it. Cute cubs, though. I want one.

D.C.

D.C.

Stalker

Posted Jun 22, 2004 @ 3:17 PM

I got sick -- literally -- a few minutes into this, so I didn't see much. I did see enough, though, to wonder if it was the movie itself that made me ill.

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2004 @ 6:04 AM

Exactly my beef with it, Scade. Suki was Kiara, only without the bit where you didn't want something to stomp her into paste. And with some of the scenes, I can't imagine that they really thought nobody would notice the ripping-off. Early scene: Two cubs get attacked by hyenas. In what one of the characters even specifically refers to as a graveyard. Scene near the end: a lion hangs off a big rock by his claws and begs his brother to save him before falling to his death. No, we came up with that all on our own! Really!

edited because it's nice to spell people's names properly when you reply to them

Edited by Tabbyclaw, Jun 23, 2004 @ 6:05 AM.

Nirele

Nirele

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 23, 2004 @ 9:32 AM

Here was my question about the show: did anyone have a sense of how much of it was faked? I mean, obviously they used real footage of lions, albeit with scary talking faces and all that...so do you think they just used it out of order, or do you think they added pieces, or what?

Scade

Scade

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2004 @ 10:20 AM

Well, I don't know how they'd get a lion to "adopt" a gazelle (antelope? Whichever) using anything but its teeth. I mean, I guess if it were a trained one, maybe, but still, that's not natural.

Edited by Scade, Jun 23, 2004 @ 10:21 AM.

Tabbyclaw

Tabbyclaw

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

It happens. Big cats have extremely powerful mothering instincts.

Scade

Scade

Fanatic

Posted Jun 24, 2004 @ 11:28 AM

Learn something new every day.