Access Hollywood

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

277 replies to this topic

txmom2boys

txmom2boys

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 12:34 AM

Billy Bush is so talentless and obnoxious that it's obvious wouldn't have made such a big career leap from local TV to a national TV program if he weren't related to the president of the United States.

Months later...but is really a Bush-as in related to GWB? I just thought it was a coincidence on the name.

Today's story about her doing I Dream of Jeanie on American Dreams is definitely avoidable.

Wha? Paris? NO. I missed that one. I don't know who I want out of my life more-Paris or Britney. Even makes me sick they can be known by their first names.

I did see today something that had me rolling. Did you see the lady who was in Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel" video? She talked about how Jacko was flirting with her like a teenager talks about her first makeout to her friends. She was telling the whole story, like we won't get ill by the details and how he bit his lip and nodded at her (yes, she demo'd that) and she kissed him. BUT THEN...the tragedy of the story. They fired her! AND...they didn't tell her! Everyone knew but her! It was so tragic she was crying her little heart out about it. The best part is the music. It's simple music as she's telling the story, then DUN-DUN-DUN (banging tragic E! True Hollywood Story-type music). So sad she's had to experience such tragedy in her life. [/rollseyes]

Cherry Delight

Cherry Delight

Posted Feb 24, 2005 @ 12:26 PM

is really a Bush-as in related to GWB?

Billy Bush is George W. Bush's first cousin and the nephew of George Bush Sr.

Did you see the lady who was in Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel" video?

For over 15 years, Tatiana Thumbtzen has been whining about being fired by Michael Jackson, and I can't believe she's still crying about it on TV. GET OVER IT. She's also given many interviews basically saying that Michael was the love of her life and based on what I've seen of her in recent media interviews, she's still in love with him. Any straight woman in love with Michael Jackson has got to be very delusional.

What's also pathetic about her is that she hasn't seemed to accomplished anything since being associated with Michael Jackson. At least Sheryl Crow went on to bigger and better things.

Anyway, I've started to watch Access Hollywood more since that they've hired that British hottie Tim Vincent. It's about time they had some male eye candy on the show because Billy Bush and Tony Potts aren't that hot.

Here's some background on Tim Vincent from the "Access Hollywood" press release announcing that he's joined the staff as the New York correspondent:

Vincent began his broadcasting career as the youngest-ever presenter on "Blue Peter," a BAFTA award-winning BBC children's program. He then moved on to BBC 1's "The Clothes Show" for two years while simultaneously hosting three seasons of the network's BAFTA award-winning show, "Short Change." In 2000, Vincent played an integral part of BBC 1's coverage of the Millennium New Year, being the first person to ever host from Wales to a worldwide audience while also completing 36 hours of live television coverage for the network.

From 2003-2004, Vincent hosted Sky One's smash hit "There's Something About Miriam" while also serving as host on Living TV's debut show, "I'm Famous and Frightened," which achieved one of the channel's highest rated shows. During this time, he was chosen to host "Access Hollywood UK," NBC's British version of "Access Hollywood," which also aired on Living TV. It was this exposure that led to Vincent's position as a special correspondent for the US version of the show in 2003. Recently, Vincent made the move from across the pond to New York City.

Edited by Cherry Delight, Feb 24, 2005 @ 12:28 PM.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2005 @ 12:23 AM

Was Tim the guy that got made over on Queer Eye and auditioned for AH UK?

mangaqueen

mangaqueen

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2005 @ 9:05 PM

Billy Bush is an asshole. Period.

Preciosa

Preciosa

Posted Feb 28, 2005 @ 10:57 AM

That's why they added Tim. He's waaaaaay hot.

Benito

Benito

Posted Feb 28, 2005 @ 11:14 AM

Must. Destroy. Billy. Bush.

It's bad enough that I have to stumble on his creepy smarmy little ass when flipping channels around 7:30-8:00PM, but pile the award preshows and Verizon commercials on top of it, and I'd almost rather listen to Cuz Dubya talk about "Nu-cle-R Tur-er-ists" instead.

Almost.

It's so skin crawling hearing "Billy" talk to celebrities too. Pardon the South Park-like crude image, but it's almost like he wants to crawl up inside their asses or something. It's just shudder-worthy. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Edited by Benito, Feb 28, 2005 @ 11:15 AM.

Mystery

Mystery

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2005 @ 2:41 PM

I'd almost rather listen to Cuz Dubya talk about "Nu-cle-R Tur-er-ists" instead.

Except that you'd have to listen to Dubya talk about "Nu-cul-R Tur-er-ists" instead.

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2005 @ 6:22 PM

Billy Bush is an asshole. Period.

So very, very true. To quote Triumph the Insult Comic Dog to BB on Late Night.
"Look how happy you are. Carefree. It's almost as if you don't know you're Billy Bush."

Niceness

Niceness

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 1, 2005 @ 7:56 PM

HA! Billy Bush got smacked down by Bruce Willis tonight.

Anyway, I've started to watch Access Hollywood more since that they've hired that British hottie Tim Vincent. It's about time they had some male eye candy on the show because Billy Bush and Tony Potts aren't that hot.

Word. He needs to become co-host and Billy Bush shipped far far away

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 10:27 PM

I'd love to talk to Billy's wife about Billy's massive crush on Eva Longoria (witness today's show and several others.)

Could anyone really care less about "America's Hottest Housewives"? I sure as hell know I can't.

MediaGenius

MediaGenius

Posted Mar 24, 2005 @ 11:14 AM

Can I just say this and get it off my chest?

ENOUGH with the Desperate Housewives. Dear God....they have turned a somewhat above average show into an almost unwatchable/unbearable show. It was fun and quirky the first couple of months, but now? Jesus, just gives us a hint as to why Mike moved in. Have Gabrielle and her husband talk about somethign other than money. Have Bree move on even just a little from her husband and the seperation.

The only truly interesting characters/storyline is Felicity Huffman's, but we don't see enough of her because she's not as hot as Terri Hatcher (who bugs me to no end) and Eva Longoria (calling her an actress is a big stretch.)

Access Hollywood does a Desperat Houswive segment in almost every show. Christ...enough. The show's already jumped the shark.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2005 @ 1:39 PM

Access Hollywood does a Desperat Houswive segment in almost every show. Christ...enough.

Much like Entertainment Tonight did with Ricky Martin Mania! Back in 1999 or Entertainment Weekly's "All Titanic, All the Time" in its heydey. Something in pop culture hits, news media latches on to it like a leech and Won't. Let. Go.

I admit, Billy cracked me up when he first started. Now? Boo. If Billy Crystal says you are the most annoying person in Hollywood and Leonardo DiCaprio shudders at the memory of being interviewed by you, then that's a sign to bail out. To this day I question why he was picked over Tony to host.

Preciosa

Preciosa

Posted Mar 24, 2005 @ 2:51 PM

Two words. Billy BUSH.

Cherry Delight

Cherry Delight

Posted Mar 27, 2005 @ 5:58 PM

To this day I question why he was picked over Tony to host.

If the President of the United States is your cousin and a former President is your uncle, I think that has a lot to do with your career taking off.

Dinkadoo

Dinkadoo

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 31, 2005 @ 1:30 PM

When I rarely watch E! now, I notice that they still show footage from the Houswives 'Fashion Show' or 'Photo Shoot' from back in October 2004 when the ladies are wearing fancy dresses and they're all in an old theater or something.
Do the other shows still show that footage?

prophetreturns

prophetreturns

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2005 @ 1:20 AM

Access Hollywood does a Desperat Houswive segment in almost every show. Christ...enough. The show's already jumped the shark.

Amen. Way sick of it. I'm beginning to get tired of "Lost" too because of all the overkill press it gets as well.

Cherry Delight

Cherry Delight

Posted Apr 2, 2005 @ 2:55 PM

I caught the tail end of April 1's "Access Hollywood" that showed Tim Vincent in a limo with the "sexy housewives" winners, who didn't look sexy at all but were acting like a bunch of loudmouth idiots. The poor guy looked so trapped--like he'd rather be tied to a dentist's chair with a power drill in his mouth than having to spend time with those lame-brained women. One woman in the limo with him was screaming out the window that she won the contest and poor Tim was just cringing with embarrassment that he got stuck with these idiotic contest winners. He must feel pretty demeaned that "Access Hollywood" whored him out like that.

MediaGenius

MediaGenius

Posted Apr 12, 2005 @ 11:12 AM

You'd think that ABC would have enough sense to ask these news shows to lay off the Desperate Houswife whoring. It's as if the news shows are so "desperate" for ratings that they try to out-Housewife the other shows. Whjat could possibly be new about this show almost EVERY DAY?

The desperate housewife contest that Access Hollywood had? How totally shameful. A bunch of real life lonely housewives with too much time on their hands. You see, ladies. the Sunday night show, Desperate Housewives...is a parody...it's camp...menaing it's so ridiculous that it's entertaining.

You and your other overly botoxed, skanky dressed bored housewife friends are not entertaining...you're sad.

Nicolette Sheridan in short shorts? Attractive.
New Jersey's random housewife in short shorts and cheap designer knock off dresses? Gross.

AND...

Has anyone else noticed how they're cutting waaayyyyyy back on Billy Bush's appearances on this show? I hope the fact that Bruce Willis and Leo DiCaprio complained about him in articles got TPTB at Access Hollywood to get rid of Billy Bush.

Edited by MediaGenius, Apr 12, 2005 @ 11:18 AM.

Preciosa

Preciosa

Posted Apr 12, 2005 @ 12:51 PM

Wait! They complained? Where can I find these articles?

DMike

DMike

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2005 @ 4:51 PM

I thought him & Nancy were missing from the show so much on account of them doing that pageant thing.

Cherry Delight

Cherry Delight

Posted Apr 16, 2005 @ 5:15 PM

Shaun Robinson has renewed her contract with "Acess Hollywood." Somewhere she's laughing about that while Pat O'Brien is wallowing in misery in rehab.

mtlchickie

mtlchickie

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2005 @ 5:49 PM

Wait! They complained? Where can I find these articles?

I don't know about Bruce, but Leo's account that was written in Entertainment Weekly was this:

At Aviator's lavish West Coast premiere on Dec. 1, DiCaprio went through a little more hell, this time at the hands of Access Hollywood cohost Billy Bush (the president's cousin). For a segment titled ''Leo Full Frontal?'' the celeb interviewer queried DiCaprio relentlessly about just one Aviator aspect: the fact that he had to go nude to play an extended scene of Hughes having a mental breakdown in his private screening room. (We get passing intimations of his backside, caught by flashing light from a movie projector.) The actor breaks into a letter-perfect Billy Bush imitation the breathless delivery, the thrust-in-your-face microphone as he recalls the indignity of the questions. ''To walk up and have this man ask me, 'So hey, your butt's out there a lot in this movie, huh? Like, you were naked in this movie! How does that make you feel, that your butt was out?!''' DiCaprio does a head-shake double take, like a bobblehead doll. ''I was really taken aback by that one. A movie that was eight years in the making...and that's the sum total. That's all it's come down to. My naked butt.''

I remember when Billy caught up with him at the Golden Globes...it seemed Leo did his best not to cringe.

Miss Granger

Miss Granger

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2005 @ 5:29 PM

Well, if I wasn't sure if Tom Cruise had completely lost his mind on Oprah this week, Billy Bush's interview on tonight's show sealed it for me.

TC scared me. A lot. I have a feeling he may become the next Brando, in the paranoid-recluse sort of way. Yowser!

Jolind

Jolind

Couch Potato

Posted May 26, 2005 @ 5:52 PM

He's definetly gone insane. I wonder what the responce to all his anti-psychiatry banter will be.

Still can't believe he took a dig at Brooke Shield's career.

Though I must say, after watching him go crazy I am curious as to how scientologists approach their targets. It would be interesting to go to one of their centers, pretend to be interested, and see how long it takes them to try to charge me money, and brainwash me. Especially, since he said you didn't have to pay, which is an outright lie. Those classes cost thousands of dollars. Only he probably doesn't know that because he's a celeb, and is probably told everyone else gets to be "audited" for free.

Ohh, and if he goes on about all the "tools" he got from scientology one more time, I just might throw something at the TV.

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2005 @ 9:53 PM

Wow. That was scary. Tom Cruise has crazy eye.

I hope Brooke Shields stomps on him the next time she sees him.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2005 @ 11:34 PM

Brooke Shields has got to have nearly a foot on this guy, she could stomp him flat no problem. I want to see him get the nads up to say this to her face.

Scientology didn't invent mentoring, tutoring, becoming free of drugs/alcohol, etc., so suck on it L.Ron.

"There is no science behind it" (on Psychiatry), go Tom go! He's going to be such a worldwide nut within the blink of an eye.

I might liken cosmetic surgery to how Tom describes medicating children (to make day to day life a little easier and more pleasant, not always medically necessary), guess that since plastic surgery is part of surgery, which is part of medicine, medicine is a pseudo-science.

God, he's totally made me see the error of my ways, getting caught up in all these semantics when I should have just been making blanket statements about anything and everything that crosses my plate.

prophetreturns

prophetreturns

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2005 @ 11:49 PM

Three simple words.

Career. Killing. Interview.

Or at least its the beginning of the end. This was the perfect bookend of Wacko Tomo interviews along with the one on Oprah. While I can agree with a couple of his points about doctors and medication, he just came away as way too much of a zealot for me.

I actually felt bad for Billy Bush. That alone is amazing.

Edited by prophetreturns, May 26, 2005 @ 11:51 PM.

Ty

Ty

Fanatic

Posted May 26, 2005 @ 11:51 PM

DiCaprio does a head-shake double take, like a bobblehead doll. ''I was really taken aback by that one. A movie that was eight years in the making...and that's the sum total. That's all it's come down to. My naked butt.''

Oh boo-fucking-hoo, Leo. Someone wants to ask you about your blockbuster movie, that must really suck for you. He's been in the business since he was a child, at this point he should be unphased by asinine entertainment reportes asking asinine questions. I'm all for mocking Billy Bush, but I'm so over Leo taking himself so seriously.

Anyway, has anyone noticed how semi-snarky the show has gotten since O'Brien left? It's like he took 50% of the ass-kissyness with him. I find myself looking forward to the "Only in Hollywood" segments.

I feel so dirty.

kostgard

kostgard

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2005 @ 12:06 AM

I agree that we tend to overmedicate, but Tiny TC went completely over the edge, comparing psychiatrists to drug dealers on the street, saying it was all about money (uh-huh, and Scientology totally isn't).

Ritalin is not behind the downfall of our education system. I'm sure the percentage of kids on the drug isn't large enough to make a statistical difference in SAT scores.

I love how anyone who says anything negative about Scientology is a bigot, but he can make huge, blanket statements about the mental health industry and how it is full of evil money-grubbers.

Between this and jumping around like a spider monkey on Oprah because he's "so in love" with Katie Holmes, I hope his career goes down in flames.

But then, I haven't been taking my vitamins and I took a "poisonous" Excedrin this afternoon, so what do I know.

kathie000

kathie000

Fanatic

Posted May 27, 2005 @ 12:20 AM

Wow I'm glad there's a thread on TWoP fpr this show. I wish I hadn't seen that but I watched with morbid fascination.

Firstly Tom is deluding himself if he thinks his tribe is the first to denounce the drug ridelin and other psychotrophic drugs, in favor of nutrients, botanicals, dietary changes, etc. . it's been a topic of debate for as long as I can remember. In fact the connection between nutrients and an inbalance in brain chemistry as well as other disorders goes so far back, it predates Hubbard's hysteria. A host of non-scientology allopaths have done in depth research on the subject and OFTEN favor naturapathic approaches b/c ther more effective and also absent of deleterious side effects. In many cases, though NOT all. My point is, that this isn't new and is in NO way specific to Scientology. Has Tom Cruise been living in a cave??

Another thing No responsible practitioner or advocate would accuse a patient (even a famous one), of being irresponsible for trying to fix a problem in the only way they know how. As dangerous as these drugs can be, it was no doubt better than doing nothing. If he wanted to make a case, he might have chosen to broaden the discussion and respectfully challenged the notion that the only way to treat x, y or z is through drugs, based on his/her own experiences and/or existing data. Though I know an ND who believes that drugs can be necessary and helpful. Just a lot less often then they're prescribed.

The attack on Sheild's career was just desperate. I wonder how balanced or successful he thniks Christy (also a Scientologist) Alley is. You know the one who couldn't get a job b/c she got fat and is now making a career out of it on "Showtime". BTW the show has very low ratings. What a loser! ; )

Edited by kathie000, Dec 3, 2008 @ 2:06 PM.