Bridezillas

• Please log in to reply

5216 replies to this topic

jade76

jade76

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2008 @ 11:28 PM

New bride, Donna (?) - engaged after 6 weeks? Yikes. And always with the "give me your credit card, I need this, I need that." Run groom run!
Vanessa ugh. Although if his family ever hoped to mend fences with their son they ruined it by trashing her on TV. Now if my family member was marrying someone like her I'd probably be tempted gossip with the fam some too. But not on tape, on TV, where all would see. Bad move

Edited by jade76, Sep 21, 2008 @ 11:28 PM.

ivorie72

ivorie72

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 2:12 AM

Why on earth doesn't (Donna) have her own damn money to buy clothes for the cruise?? And there's NO way I would ever hit my parents up for that. How awful is that?

beeblebrox

beeblebrox

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 6:51 AM

Did anybody notice that Jennifer's bridesmaids had white dresses that were a thousand times better than her blue blunder. There's no way that she's a wedding coordinator because even the amateur one who ran an entire wedding, with the food, dresses, etc (on Bridezillas) still pulled off a pretty decent wedding.

Vanessa needs to grow up and so do all of the family members. I couldn't believe how bold they were in saying that she trapped him into marriage. Oddly enough, it seems like quite a few of these brides have trapped these grooms through pregnancy. I wonder how happy these grooms are in the marriage where they were forced into it out of obligation than free will.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 9:56 AM

I have to say... I think Vanessa had the last laugh here. She got to poke his relatives with a sharp stick, she got to be on tv, she got whatever 3 day weekend in the Poconos they give away for being on the show... and she did it with about a $300 budget.

I was shocked by the wedding -- this show has had some pretty low budget weddings, but this wasn't just low budget, it was... I don't know how to describe it. I'm assuming she borrowed the wedding dress from somewhere because it looked fairly nice and the rest of the wedding looked like a grade school production.

VaxAlpha

VaxAlpha

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 10:31 AM

I wonder how happy these grooms are in the marriage where they were forced into it out of obligation than free will.

I always wish they would do an update telling us how many of these couples are still married 2 or even 1 year later. Schadenfreude I know, but I also keep hoping to see these bitches being left at the altar. Suppose some of the couples are actors? Who could witness all this childish behavior and not have serious alarms going off?

missdavenport

missdavenport

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 12:08 PM

I was shocked by the wedding -- this show has had some pretty low budget weddings, but this wasn't just low budget, it was... I don't know how to describe it. I'm assuming she borrowed the wedding dress from somewhere because it looked fairly nice and the rest of the wedding looked like a grade school production.

That was the cheeziest mess. Did she even have bridesmaids? She didn't have a bouquet, she walked down the isle, such as it was, without anything in her hands.

Oddly enough, it seems like quite a few of these brides have trapped these grooms through pregnancy. I wonder how happy these grooms are in the marriage where they were forced into it out of obligation than free will.

I have no sympathy for these guys. They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into, I say..let 'em crash.

VaxAlpha

VaxAlpha

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 12:42 PM

And that Carlos is just a big load. Not because of his weight but because of his manipulative behavior. And his best quality is that he's clean? He doesn't wear stained clothing? My gawd, who did this girl have to pick from? A town full of slobs?????

Well after all, they ARE in Fresno...(BTW I'm a recent central valley refugee, lol)

Bean9879

Bean9879

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 1:37 PM

have no sympathy for these guys. They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into, I say..let 'em crash.

I have to agree. I have a male friend who is basically in the same boat as some of these guys. He's intelligent and stable, and had plently of girlfriends before he met his (now) wife. She definitely got pregnant on purpose to keep him around, and it worked.

spaceytraci17

spaceytraci17

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 1:39 PM

Brandi (Vagina Cake) and her sister (Mrs. Texas) were on "Family Court" this morning lol. Mrs. Texas was suing for $1300 that she loaned Brandi for her wedding photos; Brandi didn't think she should pay because she didn't like how the pics came out. The judge ruled against her (in case anybody cares)

deaja

deaja

Stalker

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 2:09 PM

Brandi (Vagina Cake) and her sister (Mrs. Texas) were on "Family Court" this morning lol. Mrs. Texas was suing for $1300 that she loaned Brandi for her wedding photos; Brandi didn't think she should pay because she didn't like how the pics came out.

So I guess Brandi's klassiness wasn't just for the show!

pottie-mouth

pottie-mouth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 2:59 PM

I'm assuming she borrowed the wedding dress from somewhere because it looked fairly nice and the rest of the wedding looked like a grade school production.

Seriously. A balloon drop? Was Jeremy the 100th customer? Ack.

Why reserve all of the seats on Jeremy's side if you basically disinvited his entire family?

As for Donna, I liked her centerpieces. Her fiance is kind of a toolbox, though. Telling someone on the first date that you're going to kiss them and then use that kiss to "decide" whether or not there's a second date? He wouldn't even get to finish that sentence before I got the heck out of Dodge. Based solely on looks (and his behavior during every exchange where he refused to compromise or acknowledge her as a person - the bachelor party, with their parents, etc.), someone doesn't have so much room to be demanding or picky. Just saying. He should cling to her like grim death. If someone sent Donna to a personal finance class or stopped lending her money (and forced her to take responsibility for her actions), she'd probably be pretty ok.

Edited by pottie-mouth, Sep 22, 2008 @ 3:00 PM.

hicks964

hicks964

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 3:05 PM

Donna looks exactly like the girl from last season with Bart. I could go look up her name but I'm lazy. How can she go on national television and call herself a financial anything. Does she not have a checkbook to buy her own clothes? The way he treats her and this is supposed to be the Madly in Love phase of the relationship is unreal. I smell desperation on her part and a controlling vibe on his.

Memphis05

Memphis05

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 3:58 PM

Donna looks exactly like the girl from last season with Bart. I could go look up her name but I'm lazy.

I think you're thinking of Shelayna. They got married in the castle? I actually liked that couple. He was a big goof and she wasn't a bridezilla, more like just frustrated with planning. Ahh, I miss the old days when some of these women were semi-normal. But yes, she does look like Donna.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 4:38 PM

She definitely got pregnant on purpose to keep him around, and it worked.

Is someone who looks at birth control as a two-way street, why aren't all these 'trapped' guys either using condoms, or better yet, not sleeping with these women? I know that condoms aren't 100% effective, but it just seems like the guys who 'have' to get married, should have kept it in their pants so they wouldn't have been stuck marrying a shrew.

As for Donna, I liked her centerpieces.

So did I, and her mother and the other lady (I didn't catch quite who she was), were saints for putting up with her crap about how much sand, how many shells, sand dollars starfish etc in each one. If you're that anal about stuff, then do it yourself, Miss 'Everything Has To Be My Way'.

JennDear

JennDear

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 6:22 PM

Also, unless my math is incorrect, their relationship started illegally. If memory serves, the age of consent in Wyoming is 18 and she met 21 year old Johnny at 17. Also, if Johnny's family was so upset, why did they consent to being filmed?

I think that's why Johnny said he met her at the gas station, because she had used a fake id to get into the bar where they actually met. Vanessa's family wasn't on camera at all, so it does seem rather strange that Johnny's family DID agree to be on TV when most of them didn't even go to the wedding.

WE Women's Entertainment, PLEASE do an update show! I would like to know if that bride from a couple seasons back who was crying right before she got married is still married. They were really young, he was in the military and he was a cutie.

jade76

jade76

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2008 @ 6:36 PM

WE Women's Entertainment, PLEASE do an update show! I would like to know if that bride from a couple seasons back who was crying right before she got married is still married. They were really young, he was in the military and he was a cutie.

Adrianne? Something like that? I remember reading somewhere they had a kid and got divorced.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 9:02 AM

I almost forgot -- most uncomfortable pastor moment ever... "when you feel like fighting, get naked first"?

For this bride and groom, fine, but can you IMAGINE?

Spikey

Spikey

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 9:13 AM

Wait till Donna tries to transport those centerpieces to the reception hall. Half of them will fall over in the car, at least one will break and the contents will need to be adjusted.

VaVaVoom

VaVaVoom

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 10:00 AM

I was shocked by the wedding -- this show has had some pretty low budget weddings, but this wasn't just low budget, it was... I don't know how to describe it.

I don't know how to describe it either. I laughed and laughed when she was whining (her voice was like nails on a chalkboard) about the balloons for the balloon drop. That was going to be the world's saddest balloon drop with the 20 remaining balloons that didn't fly away (or flee that low-rent wedding).

Vanessa's ceremony and reception was way to empty to have in that big of a space. She shouldn't have uninvited all of Johnny's family to the wedding. And she shouldn't have told the bridesmaid that her baby and sister couldn't come to the wedding (or whoever that girl was). She needed all the help she could get to make the party look a little bit more lively.

Mita_Jo

Mita_Jo

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 10:17 AM

I don't know how to describe it either. I laughed and laughed when she was whining (her voice was like nails on a chalkboard)

Let me see if I can recreate that scene: "OH MY GAWD-DUH! OH MY GAWD-DUH!"

These people did not need to be getting married. I'm just glad that we only had to endure her for two episodes and not three.

I wish his family had taken the high road and not agreed to appear on the show. Vanessa did such a good job of making herself look bad. Their comments made them look just as bad as her. And how convenient that Johnny didn't have much to say about this whole feud. I don't even remember what he looks like, he wasn't on the show enough.

brillia79

brillia79

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 10:48 AM

I was shocked by the wedding -- this show has had some pretty low budget weddings, but this wasn't just low budget, it was... I don't know how to describe it.

While there's certainly nothing wrong with not going into debt paying for a wedding, I couldn't help but laugh at Vanessa's. It didn't escape my attention that when she was with the hairdresser, she was badmouthing the groom's family and talking about how "ghetto" (sidenote: what a little bitch!) the family picnic was because they called the table with all the food on it the buffet table.

hicks964

hicks964

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 11:29 AM

You guys are killing me!! I can hardly keep from laughing out loud in my cubicle.

"OH MY GAWD-DUH! OH MY GAWD-DUH!"

I better breathe, because I might have a heart attack and that won't be good.
(Thanks, makeup artist for Jennifer)

Edited by hicks964, Sep 23, 2008 @ 11:34 AM.

TeeOne

TeeOne

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 11:41 AM

I almost forgot -- most uncomfortable pastor moment ever... "when you feel like fighting, get naked first"?

For this bride and groom, fine, but can you IMAGINE?

I could not believe my ears when the pastor said that, even at THAT wedding.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 12:54 PM

Yes, nothing wrong with a budget wedding, but that seriously seemed like she wasn't even TRYING to have a wedding, but just wanted an appearance on Bridezillas and the resulting honeymoon weekend/stipend without actually putting forth any actual effort towards planning an actual wedding. Everything about her "preparations" was linked to drama for the show in some way -- balloon fiasco - check, security interview fiasco and later security debriefing - check, nail appointment and subsequent "give me my money back visit - check. Not that you wouldn't expect the show to focus on the drama they're dealt, but even with other bridezillas, if there's a fiasco with the dresses, the tables still have tablecloths, and the pews still have flowers. If there's a disaster with the hair, the bridesmaids all still look presentable and there are centerpieces and a band. If there's a DJ disaster, there's bunting on the ceiling and a table full of pot luck meals. You can tell that somebody somewhere had arranged lots of other aspects of the wedding ceremony that we weren't privy to, and that to a certain extent, this was an event that was in motion before the camera crews arrived.

Vanessa didn't seem to have an actual "wedding" going on there. I've been to beautiful weddings held on back porches with a simple bouquet and a cake on a table. But they had a wedding VIBE to them (including enthusiastic guests, I suppose). The juxtaposition of her princessed up self with the folding chairs in that enormous room... it was baffling to me, and didn't have as much to do with money as with a minimum of planning and effort.

Jillster

Jillster

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 1:32 PM

Vanessa didn't seem to have an actual "wedding" going on there. I've been to beautiful weddings held on back porches with a simple bouquet and a cake on a table. But they had a wedding VIBE to them (including enthusiastic guests, I suppose). The juxtaposition of her princessed up self with the folding chairs in that enormous room... it was baffling to me, and didn't have as much to do with money as with a minimum of planning and effort.

So much word! That wedding was just beyond depressing. I feel so bad for the little girl. As a matter of fact, I hate when the couples have kids. It takes the fun away from the snark, because I end up feeling bad for the kids more than I enjoy laughing at the loony bridezilla.

On a shallow note, I did laugh and laugh when Vanessa commented on Raz's big hair. Ummm...Vanessa? Get thee to a mirror, stat! Oh, and the bow you wear? Rose Marie called. She wants that back.

skateCO

skateCO

Fanatic

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 8:35 PM

Is someone who looks at birth control as a two-way street, why aren't all these 'trapped' guys either using condoms, or better yet, not sleeping with these women? I know that condoms aren't 100% effective, but it just seems like the guys who 'have' to get married, should have kept it in their pants so they wouldn't have been stuck marrying a shrew.

So much word. If you don't want to be dealing with at minimum writing a check to the woman you're dancing with for the next eighteen years, say goodnight at last call. Sheesh. Besides, in this era, single mothers are such a significant percentage of the population that I don't think huge amounts of truly shotgun weddings take place anymore. It seems like many couples who have children together and then marry tend to have been together for a while. The stigma is pretty much gone, so I don't see how most of these guys are "trapped" into a marriage.

Could anyone see the favors/centerpieces at Vanessa's wedding, or whatever it was with the couple's names on it? Were those handwritten? I couldn't tell for sure. Again, nothing wrong with a non-Platinum Wedding (I had one myself, complete with invitations straight out of my computer printer) but still... the Dollar Tree offers bulk pricing these days, and it seems like they didn't have that many people there. Weird event altogether.

LifetimeAddict

LifetimeAddict

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 23, 2008 @ 8:41 PM

I wish all these brides realize that when you sell you soul to go on Bridezillas and act a fool for a free weekend getaway, people will assume that's how you are. No claiming that you didn't know the show would portray you that way or that it was edited to make you look like a monster. Bitch, you're on national TV either as crazy or delusional as humanly possible. You did it, so own it.

zither

zither

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 25, 2008 @ 4:50 PM

Jennifer didn't bug me as much. At least a lot of her complaints were valid. That dress was FUG - although, as someone said upthread, unless she'd already paid for the fabric she should not have taken the dress without paying. But that was NOT a $600 dress! I wanted to smack the seamstress myself, especially if she wasn't returning the bride's calls.

And if she was actually pregnant during the filming then her emotional outbursts and mood swings made more sense.

And regarding the whole "superwoman" thing. It could be that she's one of those people who feels like they CAN'T ask for help. I don't mean that they have to appear perfect but that they didn't have a strong enough support system at a crucial time in their lives and always felt that they had to handle shit on their own... Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Vanessa... I would really like some back story on exactly why the groom's family hated her so much. I mean, yes, she's a shrew and maybe that's why but all they talked about was the doubious nature of their meeting and their child. I mean, even if she was underaged, surely there are worse things in the world than ending up in a long-term relationship with what started out as a hookup at a bar. Again, I can see that she's a shrew but was she a shrew before the family hated her or because?

Also, I'm confused as to how she trapped him if they've been together for 3 years but their child is 2?

Edited by zither, Sep 25, 2008 @ 4:57 PM.

murphsully

murphsully

Fanatic

Posted Sep 25, 2008 @ 6:02 PM

Also, I'm confused as to how she trapped him if they've been together for 3 years but their child is 2?

Pregnancy is 9 months + the 2 years since the child was born = very close to three years and then the child may have turned 2 a few months before so it's very possible that the child was conceived the same night they met at the bar or the gas station. And I have to ask, how is meeting at a gas station better than a bar? A gas station? Really???

Edited by murphsully, Sep 25, 2008 @ 6:04 PM.

tabloidlover

tabloidlover

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 28, 2008 @ 10:24 PM

Ummm - Shantiqa sucks her thumb? Really??